3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

MFN

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
My first thought was, "yeah, that's what being an artist feels like." The trouble is that there is a difference between "constructive criticism" and "artistic criticism," and a lot of people are mistaken about which one they are offering. I would guess that even for most artists, genuine technical advice is rarely offensive. People who want more of this or less of that in either the story or the images are presenting their own preferences as if it's advice or "constructive criticism," and I would expect most artists do be rather annoyed by that.

That said, I feel like I may be commenting on a discussion that was already deleted from the thread, and I never saw it. So, please bare in mind that this is a generally view of things, and I don't know anything about the context of any specific criticism that you guys may be discussing.
You said everything correctly and beautifully. Clever idea. Thanks:)
I never take offense to criticism. I just never liked criticism or advice. For example, if someone advises me something, I won't accept it and won't even read it. The reason is that if I accepted other people's advice and ideas, I'll feel myself fake, without an idea. That is, if I take someone's advice, I will always feel that my creativity is no longer mine, because someone else gave me advice.This is the reason why I never listen to other people's thoughts and ideas:)

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.1 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Reactions: MFN

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
You said everything correctly and beautifully. Clever idea. Thanks:)
I never take offense to criticism. I just never liked criticism or advice. For example, if someone advises me something, I won't accept it and won't even read it. The reason is that if I accepted other people's advice and ideas, I'll feel myself fake, without an idea. That is, if I take someone's advice, I will always feel that my creativity is no longer mine, because someone else gave me advice.This is the reason why I never listen to other people's thoughts and ideas:)
Are you 14?

D3ssel

Nov 15, 2016
5) Please don't give me advice or tell me what to do or how to do it. I never listen to anyone. I'm used to doing everything on my own. First of all, I do everything for my own pleasure.

Dude not taking criticism is the worst thing dev can do :D
Got to say, if he releases it for free, with no strings attached, no delayed or special versions, etc... he is indeed entitled to this. It really is basically his thing that he's gracefully giving to the community for free. So more power to him about how he thinks he should run it.

With that said, there's a reason most devs out there love community feedback. Sure, you will get a lot of flak, and a huge part of it is basically trolls or people that are not that helpful, but as long as the dev knows how to "filter" this, not taking things personally, and using the few ideas that actually matches the direction he thinks his project should have, its always a good thing.

Basically, with time, there will be people that will be as passionate about his project as he is. And they can, from time to time, really come up with cool ideas and concepts. So why not listen to them? It's a win-win situation, as long as it's well managed.

And, as always, listening to them doesn't mean doing what they want. This is, always, the devs project, and no one else. ;)

truien

Mar 17, 2020
For two years of creating games, I always get some advice. I don't like it. I have such a character, I do everything the way I want anyway. I do not argue, this is a bad trait and this is the reason for frequent mistakes. But I know that all the responsibility and work done is on my shoulders. But I have a few friends and acquaintances who help me understand the technical aspects. For example: if I have a problem with renpy, I can ask advice from friends. The second example: now I work in Daz and of course there are several developers who I ask for tips on setting up and optimizing the program. That's the one thing I'm very grateful for.
If you’re wondering why you are still so far from your goal of a new processor, consider your lack of customer service skills and low emphasis on UX.

User feedback is the life blood of this industry. Sure, you can do what you want and only what you want, but people aren’t going to spend their hard earned money supporting your games when other developers are more concerned with addressing their needs and interests. If you ever want this to be more than an expensive hobby for you, please take what I’m saying for the tough love good advice it’s meant to be.

Now, that said, I wanted to share a personal observation for you to consider because I like this game and want it to be successful. My advice is this: the MC and his sister bear an uncomfortably strong resemblance to each other. Like the sister looks like the MC in drag. That’s cool if that’s what you’re going for, but I don’t think it is. A little work on her nose and eyebrows should make a huge difference.

Best of luck reaching your goals. Thank you for a great game so far!

MFN

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
If you’re wondering why you are still so far from your goal of a new processor, consider your lack of customer service skills and low emphasis on UX.

User feedback is the life blood of this industry. Sure, you can do what you want and only what you want, but people aren’t going to spend their hard earned money supporting your games when other developers are more concerned with addressing their needs and interests. If you ever want this to be more than an expensive hobby for you, please take what I’m saying for the tough love good advice it’s meant to be.

Now, that said, I wanted to share a personal observation for you to consider because I like this game and want it to be successful. My advice is this: the MC and his sister bear an uncomfortably strong resemblance to each other. Like the sister looks like the MC in drag. That’s cool if that’s what you’re going for, but I don’t think it is. A little work on her nose and eyebrows should make a huge difference.

Best of luck reaching your goals. Thank you for a great game so far!
Thank you) I understood what you said, thanks :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: truien
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes