3.40 star(s) 9 Votes

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
On jap locale, for some reason I get a blank screen on start up, tried troubleshooting and starting on other versions of windows, but no luck. English patch says not valid for my installation, so I'm downloading again now.

Anyone have any ideas? I've got this computer dedicated to jap locale so I can enjoy all my H games in one place, lol.

Edit: Got the patch working, it was trying to extract to a default folder, not the custom folder I put it in. Going to try to start the game again, but not going to hold my breath.

Okay after getting the patch installed, I checked "Use Bicubic Filter" and "Use Software Buffer" and the game ran fine. Weird.

Reactions: User_788015

Mykee83

Aug 16, 2017
On jap locale, for some reason I get a blank screen on start up, tried troubleshooting and starting on other versions of windows, but no luck. English patch says not valid for my installation, so I'm downloading again now.

Anyone have any ideas? I've got this computer dedicated to jap locale so I can enjoy all my H games in one place, lol.
Have you tried running it as administrator?

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Installation:
Does not require Japanese locale.

1-
Run the patch in folder "eng_patch".
2- Click "Next > and Click "Browse...".
3- Select the game folder ("Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete") in "Select Konosora directory" and then click "Patch".
4- Wait for the installation to finish, then run AdvHD.exe to play.

Known Issues: - If you have "D3 : Unable to open output file" error when patching the game, right click on the game folder, properties, deselect read-only, click apply, then select “Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files”. Thanks to Roadgrill! - If you don’t have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable you’ll probably get an error pop up. Just close it and start the game.
Read the installation process before asking.

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
This is not fap material. This is feels material, with some additional realism with some 18+ content. Not fap material, at all.

That said. This was really fucking good. I haven't decided if I like it more than katawa shoujo yet

Reactions: Dude098 and Cerneu

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Ah good to see a new re-translation patch done on this classic without the need for a jp locale change.

I'm guessing someone will want a walkthrough just because (It's a VN but hey people like options) so I found from an old folder. Enjoy!

Reactions: Bloo

Darkwood II

May 21, 2018
Ah good to see a new re-translation patch done on this classic without the need for a jp locale change.

I'm guessing someone will want a walkthrough just because (It's a VN but hey people like options) so I found from an old folder. Enjoy!
You can literally google it and there is a steam page for it, but i guess people can't be bothered to do that

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
You can literally google it and there is a steam page for it, but i guess people can't be bothered to do that
Yep. Since when has that stopped others from asking for a walkthrough in other threads? :closedeyesmile: Look at other threads and googling here is enough for them.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I was really enjoying it up until the bike ride with Kotori.

Normally it's a moron MC that winds me up but this one had been great. Fairly clued up, sociable and decent enough .... then he turned into another one of those annoying idiots that can't say how they feel and frustrate me every time. I hate people like that in real life and it's worse in VN's where I can't even shout at them for having no testicles.

Why is this such a popular trope?

It's not cute, it's not endearing and it certainly isn't attractive. It was all going so well and then they ruin it with this.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I was really enjoying it up until the bike ride with Kotori.

Normally it's a moron MC that winds me up but this one had been great. Fairly clued up, sociable and decent enough .... then he turned into another one of those annoying idiots that can't say how they feel and frustrate me every time. I hate people like that in real life and it's worse in VN's where I can't even shout at them for having no testicles.

Why is this such a popular trope?

It's not cute, it's not endearing and it certainly isn't attractive. It was all going so well and then they ruin it with this.
It seemed like they were playing the cultural card of the prototypical shy Japanese MC (My own opinion, happy to be corrected) which made it more palatable for both males and females in the Japanese market. I don't know for certain but I was led to believe that Japanese women do prefer more reserved males (Again happy to be corrected on this) and the two combined should grind your gears even more x'D

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It seemed like they were playing the cultural card of the prototypical shy Japanese MC (My own opinion, happy to be corrected) which made it more palatable for both males and females in the Japanese market. I don't know for certain but I was led to believe that Japanese women do prefer more reserved males (Again happy to be corrected on this) and the two combined should grind your gears even more x'D
The problem is it almost seemed like a personality shift here. At one point he's open and talks about how he feels and his problems with her and then in the next half of the game he turns into a clueless wreck.

It's just annoying. I like you but I won't say anything, another man is interested in her but I won't say anything, she's off to meet another bloke but I won't say anything, she's going home but I won't say anything, people are headbutting their screens yelling "fucking say something idiots" but neither of us are going to say anything.

I don't kink shame, I am pretty tolerant of most things but this is one thing I just don't understand.

I've never been to Japan, don't want to, they are too stiff and formal and the honorifics annoy me to no end too but some of the stories I read in some VN's are fantastic just like this one started off. One thing I would love though is if on English translations they would cut all the chans, kuns, sans, nees, senpais, senseis out because they bug me.

I just have visions of some idiot woman sat at her home reading this and thinking to herself "gee, I hope some bloke falls ion love with me and never says anything that would be so romantic as I go through life blissfully unaware".

Doesn't that sound appealing?

No, doesn't to me either. I don't see what they find appealing about it. It's possible to be shy and still get your feelings across but the writers make it all look so painfully awkward.

This VN even had me interested during the glider detail discussions because the characters interact so well and the banter was genuinely funny. I loved everything up until the end of the first summer. It's like that cut scene finished and a new team took over.

Sorry, I rambled a bit there.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
The problem is it almost seemed like a personality shift here. At one point he's open and talks about how he feels and his problems with her and then in the next half of the game he turns into a clueless wreck.

It's just annoying. I like you but I won't say anything, another man is interested in her but I won't say anything, she's off to meet another bloke but I won't say anything, she's going home but I won't say anything, people are headbutting their screens yelling "fucking say something idiots" but neither of us are going to say anything.

I don't kink shame, I am pretty tolerant of most things but this is one thing I just don't understand.

I've never been to Japan, don't want to, they are too stiff and formal and the honorifics annoy me to no end too but some of the stories I read in some VN's are fantastic just like this one started off. One thing I would love though is if on English translations they would cut all the chans, kuns, sans, nees, senpais, senseis out because they bug me.

I just have visions of some idiot woman sat at her home reading this and thinking to herself "gee, I hope some bloke falls ion love with me and never says anything that would be so romantic as I go through life blissfully unaware".

Doesn't that sound appealing?

No, doesn't to me either. I don't see what they find appealing about it. It's possible to be shy and still get your feelings across but the writers make it all look so painfully awkward.

This VN even had me interested during the glider detail discussions because the characters interact so well and the banter was genuinely funny. I loved everything up until the end of the first summer. It's like that cut scene finished and a new team took over.

Sorry, I rambled a bit there.
Haha just a little :coldsweat:

To be fair the next half of most of the stories he's dealing with something then something else then something else. He's more reactionary through most of the second half which I get where you're coming from but it's like saying brown sauce tastes weird now since they changed their recipe. It's still brown sauce at the end of the day. It's not a seismic shift away from how his personality is, it's more circumstantial. They have a reserved culture which is different from the Western world.

On the translations - They're exactly that. Translations of Japanese culture. That's part of their way of showing respect. It's their equivalent of what happens with queue jumping - If you're in the right position or where you're supposed to be/if you say what you're supposed to say, no one bats an eye but if you try and jump a few people you won't hear the end of it and the gasps...

Pretty much all Japanese VN's have some element of Japanese culture in them and this is no different. It's whether the story is enthralling enough to make you have that connection or not.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
I would love to play this sometime but i cannot stand censored material and i really dont like dealing with all the extra steps to run it.

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes