Rio999

Dec 29, 2018
Seems a bunch of people have problems installing. So let me do you a solid and give the steps that I did to get it to work (I would recommend launching the game between steps to make sure you are still good to go. If it fails during any step assume that step is where things are failing.)

1. First download and install the base game (this can be done either by downloading the full 4.4GB file or split archive below. After downloading you will need to mount the ISO image and install the game. Just click on the button with the Japanese characters and the N until it asks you to pick your installation location. choose where you want to install it. It will then ask you something I was not sure what it was but I selected Yes I think it was saying if I was sure I wanted to use a different install location. It will then take you to a screen with a check box, that asks if you want to make a desktop shortcut. If you don't unchecked it and select the N button again. It will install and then let you know it was successful.
  2. Next Download and install Append 1 & 2. this will basically install itself.
  3. Next you need to download and install Append 3. This is basically a Side quest chapter and will install much like a separate game. I just put the install directory in a folder in the same directory as the game.
  4. Next install the update 2.0. This will install similarly to Append 1 & 2.
  5. Next things get a bit trickier: download and unpack the Zap Interface Translation Patch. Once it is unpacked take everything inside the folder EXCEPT for the following files (SO018.AGF & SO017.AGF). You WILL however need to copy over SO017-1.0.AGF and rename it once copied over to SO017.AGF.
  6. Next if you want to install the dialog translation download NekoHen TL patch. ( ***** IMPORTANT ****** you will only need ONE of these files DO NOT COPY OVER THEM ALL.) you will have 3 archives inside the unpacked folder the one you want to unpack is verita-dia-v100. Again ONLY copy over this one.
  7. Once you have done all this I strongly recommend you download the DCFix patch. It is simple to install just take everything in the archive and move it into your installation directory and overwrite the files.
  8. If you use the DCFix patch, you should use the AGE PATCH.exe for now on to launch the game.

This is what I did to install the game and it worked fine for me. I hope these steps help everyone have a smoother installation. Feel free to ask me questions if you need help with anything. :)
Christ, a prepacked version is badly needed here.

makrobq

Aug 18, 2019
Great,
Thanks for instruction.
Of course great thanks for uploaders and people who gathered so much files in one place.
I will try again :)
One question
BGTrilogy - what is that ?

Timeband16

Dec 21, 2018
Seems a bunch of people have problems installing. So let me do you a solid and give the steps that I did to get it to work (I would recommend launching the game between steps to make sure you are still good to go. If it fails during any step assume that step is where things are failing.)

1. First download and install the base game (this can be done either by downloading the full 4.4GB file or split archive below. After downloading you will need to mount the ISO image and install the game. Just click on the button with the Japanese characters and the N until it asks you to pick your installation location. choose where you want to install it. It will then ask you something I was not sure what it was but I selected Yes I think it was saying if I was sure I wanted to use a different install location. It will then take you to a screen with a check box, that asks if you want to make a desktop shortcut. If you don't unchecked it and select the N button again. It will install and then let you know it was successful.
  2. Next Download and install Append 1 & 2. this will basically install itself.
  3. Next you need to download and install Append 3. This is basically a Side quest chapter and will install much like a separate game. I just put the install directory in a folder in the same directory as the game.
  4. Next install the update 2.0. This will install similarly to Append 1 & 2.
  5. Next things get a bit trickier: download and unpack the Zap Interface Translation Patch. Once it is unpacked take everything inside the folder EXCEPT for the following files (SO018.AGF & SO017.AGF). You WILL however need to copy over SO017-1.0.AGF and rename it once copied over to SO017.AGF.
  6. Next if you want to install the dialog translation download NekoHen TL patch. ( ***** IMPORTANT ****** you will only need ONE of these files DO NOT COPY OVER THEM ALL.) you will have 3 archives inside the unpacked folder the one you want to unpack is verita-dia-v100. Again ONLY copy over this one.
  7. Once you have done all this I strongly recommend you download the DCFix patch. It is simple to install just take everything in the archive and move it into your installation directory and overwrite the files.
  8. If you use the DCFix patch, you should use the AGE PATCH.exe for now on to launch the game.

This is what I did to install the game and it worked fine for me. I hope these steps help everyone have a smoother installation. Feel free to ask me questions if you need help with anything. :)
did you have any errors pop up with the ZAP patch, it does state (in ZAP patch readme) that if you have 2.0, you don't have to remove and muck with SO018 and SO017

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
did you have any errors pop up with the ZAP patch, it does state (in ZAP patch readme) that if you have 2.0, you don't have to remove and muck with SO018 and SO017
That was my fault I actually misread that part oops. Good thing is that it doesn't seem to have had any impact on my install. however for the sake of accuracy I will update the guide. Thanks for pointing that out.

p3ki

Sep 11, 2018
Next things get a bit trickier: download and unpack the Zap Interface Translation Patch. Once it is unpacked take everything inside the folder EXCEPT for the following files (SO018.AGF & SO017.AGF). You WILL however need to copy over SO017-1.0.AGF and rename it once copied over to SO017.AGF.
So I did everything while reading the installation guide from the first page, and then I read you had posted this, but it didn't say anything about not taking the SO018 and SO017. Does it affect gameplay a lot?

Ok, I see this has just been solved.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So I did everything while reading the installation guide from the first page, and then I read you had posted this, but it didn't say anything about not taking the SO018 and SO017. Does it affect gameplay a lot?
I just updated the guide. I misread the TL note that was my fault. From my experience I have not seen any complications with the game so far doing those steps incorrectly. If something DOES show please let me know.

Reactions: p3ki

p3ki

Sep 11, 2018
I haven't even started playing, so I suppose it won't affect me for a while, but has the Extra Story been translated?

Timeband16

Dec 21, 2018
That was my fault I actually misread that part oops. Good thing is that it doesn't seem to have had any impact on my install. however for the sake of accuracy I will update the guide. Thanks for pointing that out.
no stress mate, thank you for the type out, bit of trial and error for us all, do want to state, if you delete the whole folder, and install fresh, you gotta run appends and such, cause first run will uninstall, second will reinstall (trying to run uninstall wouldn't run for me)

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
no stress mate, thank you for the type out, bit of trial and error for us all, do want to state, if you delete the whole folder, and install fresh, you gotta run appends and such, cause first run will uninstall, second will reinstall (trying to run uninstall wouldn't run for me)
Yeah I came across that little annoyance. Fun fact, avast sees the append 3 setup as a virus and will stop the uninstall midway and make a huge mess :)

p3ki

Sep 11, 2018
Captura de pantalla (5).png

Does anyone know what it says? It pops up every like 5 minutes. Closing it closes the game, and although saying yes makes it go away, it just comes back.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
View attachment 518020

Does anyone know what it says? It pops up every like 5 minutes. Closing it closes the game, and although saying yes makes it go away, it just comes back.
DCfix patch. If you installed it you need to run Age Patch.exe. If you didn't install it. Install it.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Not a dumb question...since there are a lot of people using emulators and other OS options to play games.

I am on Windows 10. Using AppLocale and even have the Japanese language pack installed for Win10.

I get the same error with or without using AppLocale.
So, looking at your error screenshot, that definitely doesn't look like proper Japanese locale or Japanese locale emulation... Just saying.
You should really try Locale Emulator (yes, that's another software) instead of AppLocale...

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
There are no previous games.
Sequel, who turned out to be a prequel, came out AFTER this game.
It would be foolish if you had to know the story of a game that didn't exist at the time. :)
Ikusa Megami Zero came out before this game (2008 VS 2010) and the events of Zero show the origin story of Selika, one of the main characters of Verita. Playing zero is not necessary to understand verita but I wouldnt call it foolish

makrobq

Aug 18, 2019
Mechanis of this game is Huge.
there are more than 300 skills.
And every character have separate path of skills.
You must train to get next skill -> 100 uses.
Every skill can boosted.
There are mechanics with strategy, support, resistances (10 different)

Story looks that it can be very interesting.
There are a lot things that isn`t translated.

If the game were released I will buy it.

Someone know about something similiar?

Reactions: Namco15

ijen

Jan 18, 2018
Ok,
I`ve installed this, but installing patches it was too much for me ...
No it is crashing every time.
To install game and every patch I used
Very nice program.

Next I`ve installed:
VERITA_AP01.exe
VERITA_AP02.exe
Verita_gaiden\setup.exe -> you must find your game on your disk
VERITA_200.exe
copy files from the folder zap-ikusa-megami-verita-interface-v101
next you I`ve opened NekoHen TL and there are 3 folders:
then I`ve copied them to the main folder
verita-dia-v100
verita-int-v101
verita-text-v201

And game isn`t working
Don't copy Verita_gaiden to your main folder as it will overwrite your main game with gaiden. Gaiden can played from different directory.
And don't extract
verita-int-v101
verita-text-v201.
Only verita-dia-v100.
I did the same as you and learned the hard way

iiRise

Aug 24, 2018
Imagine putting all of that effort into the art just to censor it, i know they have to but geez does it suck.

Reactions: makrobq
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote