CarbineUpshot

Nov 7, 2019
A reminder, if you installed the official 1108 patch (whether all or sub)
-or-
installed a repack or community patch that includes it -

You can now feed characters directly by:

- Having something consumable in your inventory (as in, not the chest)
- Choosing to give an item
- Selecting the right item category from the menu
- Picking a consumable, then giving that to them as you would a normal item

Otherwise, they'll need to develop to the point where they can eat themselves.
Characters begin not knowing a whole lot, and need to grow and learn.
Keep your food stores filled with a variety of food and drink too, some of them might like more than just cooked fish*.
Without stored food, a character that has become aware of a cooking spot (part of learning) may try to cook something*.
Usually it's Dark Matter, but the official site shows they may improve. (Under "System", might require ingredients?)

Perhaps even their current Phase (represented by hearts, mentioned by the loading tips) contributes something.

*It certainly felt that way at least, when I first made omelettes they started taking to them.
Even at the start, when it seemed like they weren't eating fish, the first time I made coffee, it started to disappear.
It almost seems like they need to first eventually become aware something exists to be able to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiddenGameMember

yourdesire8

Jul 1, 2017
Depends on how important the uncensor is to you probably. Translation is kinda ok, most of it is of course machine translation but you can understand what's going on quite fine.
If you feel like waiting, I assume Illusion will go on an aggressive patch/DLC release like most of their games, which means more content for your initial run.

Btw, I was pointed to "HF" patches outside the usual places for the previous games, so it is possible that one will appear for this at some point.
Y

yourdesire8

Jul 1, 2017
Depends on how important the uncensor is to you probably. Translation is kinda ok, most of it is of course machine translation but you can understand what's going on quite fine.
If you feel like waiting, I assume Illusion will go on an aggressive patch/DLC release like most of their games, which means more content for your initial run.

Btw, I was pointed to "HF" patches outside the usual places for the previous games, so it is possible that one will appear for this at some point.
Yeah but i'm willing to wait for it so its no problem, game looks interesting but its no rush to get it "properly" patched :p thanks for your answers :)

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Maybe they are trying to emulate the larger game companies by outsourcing a lot. Everything seems so half-measured nowadays. It's all about the money, and why bother using extra time and money on something that somebody else may fix for you for free ^^ but as you wrote earlier - it is probably not going to happen with AI Girl; or any future release from Illusion for that matter; and understandably so(plus we are kind of NOT contributing on this forum either by pirating their games lol). To be fair I would purchase it if we had the chance here in the west. Thank you for the explanation! :-D
I'm fairly confident they are not outsourcing. They even bought TEATIME a few years back to bring in more 3D talent, so there's that.

Plus, whatever issues their games have with Unity, they had them with their in-house engine. There was an excellent write-up by Dr. Yoshi over at HF a couple years back about Illusion's mindset and their release cycle, and how they tend to treat new features (in the essence of new 3D techniques/optimizations are such), plus a quite high churn rate.

Basically, the assumption that a game company that has been doing 3D free-roaming games for the past 15 years, both on an in-house developed 3D engine and on Unity (for the past 4 years or so) "doesn't know any better" has little merit imho.

I mean, SBRP had more severe issues than AI-girl, like the ocean being an entire mesh that spanned under the island and was rendered at all times among other things.
Maybe they don't care much? Maybe it's not impacting their business to such a degree?
Until very recently they were quite adamant that they did not care for overseas business anyway (especially after the Rapelay fiasco), and if a considerable portion of your localized audience uses your games as glorified posers and scene editor, it makes sense to divert attention there (which is also a plausible explanation for the lack of actual gameplay their games have historically had. Apart from notable exceptions like AA and such).

dramu

Aug 14, 2019
Basically, the assumption that a game company that has been doing 3D free-roaming games for the past 15 years, both on an in-house developed 3D engine and on Unity (for the past 4 years or so) "doesn't know any better" has little merit imho.
Imho, yes and no. I do think they know better, they just decided (for whatever reason, maybe like you said partially due to the significance of the poser, and partially due to the churn rate) they don't want to invest time and money into properly optimizing their games. But I certainly wouldn't say they've been doing free-roaming games for 15 years. AG3 and even Koikatsu have such small areas between loading screens and low viewing distance, that even when the player is "outside" in the game, technically the areas are like small rooms. As far as I am concerned, SBPR was their first real take at an "open-world" design, and they've utterly failed at it. AI-Girl is their second. I do agree though, while AI-Girl is not well optimized, it is certainly much better in this aspect than SBPR.

Nasedo

Aug 11, 2018
dramu IMHO it's a very simple answer. There's no competition, and Illusion can make whatever they want, assuming it will be sold. We all know over-confident companies from the past like Commodore (Amiga) and Nokia - and those companies eventually failed. Will be the same with Illusion? Don't really think so, as not many people / devs / companies creating erotic games.
How many of them we have? KISS... anything else? Not really. I'm not mentioning countless VN games, as it's not exactly the same.
Games like Playing Home, Honey Select, Koiktatsu, AI - are more than a games, with included characer creator, studio and game itself giving as overall quite interesting product.
We may ask, why not anyone else doing this, except one, single company in the world? Have no idea. Political correctness? Censorship? Shame?

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Until very recently they were quite adamant that they did not care for overseas business anyway
And then... Koikatu sold more on Steam than in their own Country.

AI-Girl is their second. I do agree though, while AI-Girl is not well optimized, it is certainly much better in this aspect than SBPR.
SBPR runs a lot better here than AI-Thingy.
EDIT: I mixed up SBPR and HS, my bad, yes SBPR was even worse.

AI-Thing has framedrops to 30ish even on an empty building island, if you look at the center from the edge.

And the worst of it, its some software-limitation since there isnt a single core of my cpu even remotely close to 100%, neither the GPU, its idling along at 40%ish.

Illusion doesnt give a flying fuck about "modern ways of making games", they stick to their old and weird habits, which then results in performance this bad.

The thing i dont understand is: What the fuck do they think? to release something that unoptimized. (And dont get me started on the limitations of the building-stuff, the garbage UI etc. used for it.)
I mean, for real now, placing an item in the world should be done by simply clicking, not by dragging around that thing along its XYZ-Axis with the gizmo.
The same goes for selecting something in build-mode... why the fuck do i have that stupid useless list on the right to find a bush, instead of simply clicking it...

They are so far behind in terms of everything, that i dont understand how they achieve this over and over again. (The fact that i can dig into their stuff with SB3Utility 15 years after AG3 and still do the exact same thing i did in 2005 (or what it was) proves this too, they are stuck in the early 2000s)

But in the end... its just something to jerk off to, guess it gets the job done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ninjadragon

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
And then... Koikatu sold more on Steam than in their own Country.
I assume you have the figures to back this up? Because selling copies is vastly different than people who downloaded or whatever community there is behind.

SteamSpy does not allow access to sales figures (you need to donate to access 18+ games info), and lists an all-time high of 300 players.
DMM + Amazon + physical copies (which is quite a big thing there still) + other stores surely netted them more than a couple thousand sales at most.

The thing i dont understand is: What the fuck do they think? to release something that unoptimized. (And dont get me started on the limitations of the building-stuff, the garbage UI etc. used for it.)
I mean, for real now, placing an item in the world should be done by simply clicking, not by dragging around that thing along its XYZ-Axis with the gizmo.
The same goes for selecting something in build-mode... why the fuck do i have that stupid useless list on the right to find a bush, instead of simply clicking it...
I fully agree their releases are a hot mess at times, I'm just debating whether they believe they should invest in that or not.

Also, the churn rate I mentioned plays a part as well. Having junior devs making a game, only to lose many of them shortly after along with whatever experience they gathered -rinse and repeat- does not allow for much innovation/optimization/whatever (although they do build a toolset really slowly, and Unity is a god-sent for the modding community).

Not to mention that with their really aggressive release cycle, which is basically 1 game + a couple DLCs per year (and any expansion of previous games happening in parallel) doesn't exactly scream "decent QA". I do believe that this is their business model. Each game funds the next for the most part.
Quantity over quality, you can't have both. Even AAA studios can't have both with their multi-million dollar budgets (in perspective of course, they aren't making amateur mistakes).

EDIT:
And the worst of it, its some software-limitation since there isnt a single core of my cpu even remotely close to 100%, neither the GPU, its idling along at 40%ish.
I haven't really checked, but could it be that it's HDD-bound? Because when you do that, it will try to load assets all the way to another galaxy and render them since it has no render limit.

Last edited:

descri

Oct 27, 2019
hello to the forum members, do I have a question how do I achieve 3P in the game? Thanks in advance.

dramu

Aug 14, 2019
Some questions here in this thread get repeated a lot. Once or more every few pages. Like: How to have 3P? Where is the 4th girl? Is there a mod for more than 4 girls? How to add downloaded characters to the game? etcetera.

Can somebody please edit the first post and add a FAQ about these?

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
I assume you have the figures to back this up?
Yes, since i have sales data for many games, and therefore can correlate from steamdbs numbers to sales.
For some games Steamdbs numbers are off by 50%, and the real amount of owners is higher. (but steamdb doesnt show owners for KK anyway)

DMM + Amazon + physical copies (which is quite a big thing there still) + other stores surely netted them more than a couple thousand sales at most.
So, Koikatu has roughly 1000 reviews at the moment, and the average quote of reviews is in the low 1digit area - usually ~1%. (unless something is really broken with the game!)

Which also means, going by that ~1% review-quote, Koikatu at least sold 100.000 Copies on Steam, giving them a revenue in the area of 2-3 Millions (gross), taking into account that there were two sales and the fact that the game doesnt cost the same everywhere.

So, net revenue after deducting VAT, Refunds and Valves 30% should be around 1.5-2.0 Million $. (net revenue)

I also saw Koikatu on the 2nd or 3rd spot of steam-wide topsellers, which means that it did indeed move plenty of units, probably even more than my cautious estimation. (Many people wont review the game due to its nature.)

TL:DR: I highly doubt that the game makes more revenue in Japan, especially considering that the game still has years of sales and income left on steam, just by taking a look at its statistics.
You also mentioned physical sales, which cuts into Illusions revenue even more, since the store wants its share, the production and distribution also needs to be paid for - Illusion gets more revenue from a copy sold on steam, than from a retail copy sold in store in Japan.

EDIT:
KK was a lucky hit for them... if they release AI-Thing there, it will blow up in their face because of the crappy performance.

EDIT:

I haven't really checked, but could it be that it's HDD-bound? Because when you do that, it will try to load assets all the way to another galaxy and render them since it has no render limit.
I have it on an SSD, that isnt the issue either.

Last edited:

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
TL:DR: I highly doubt that the game makes more revenue in Japan, especially considering that the game still has years of sales and income left on steam, just by taking a look at its statistics.
Extrapolation from (maybe biased) data is not figures, but I did find an article saying it was among the top sellers on June, so what you listed might not be that far off.

As a counterpoint though:
- it's on Getchu's top-seller list for the entire year
- it's on DMM's top-seller list for the lrelease month.
- actually a KK trilogy pack (something like a GOTY edition) is currently sitting on the top spot of top sellers on DMM for 2019 so far.
- It's still on the live top-20 sellers on Amazon JP (with AI Girl being the top spot).
Somewhat related, a PlayHome GOTY edition is at 9th spot for the whole of 2019 and a HoneySelect GOTY is at the 12th spot, so they surely have a lot more shelf life over there generally.

Frankly, I'd be personally pleased if their titles actually did and continue to do well overseas, means a bit more attention and localization opportunities.

--

Sep 26, 2017
Just throwing up the latest incarnation of my island house (motel?), remodeled to include the dance furniture from the 11/08 update, so obviously you'll need that. Drop it into \UserData\housing\03 and load it from the housing interface, expect to take a while for it to finish loading (takes me a few minutes even on a SSD).

View attachment 457352
Tried this but it sits there loading it or not responding, no change after 10mins..

Also does the BR2 have the dancing stuff in it?

Sep 17, 2019
Tried this but it sits there loading it or not responding, no change after 10mins..

Also does the BR2 have the dancing stuff in it?
Dance stuff, is by the Game itself Version Number 1.0.3- you are able to update only the Game.
If you speak about the Housing Items.
m4now4r said:
@ ScrewThisNoise

First, thank you for upload the patch, and V r2.0 of you repack. Perhaps an administrator can put the patchs links in "Useful Links/Images:".

Now for suporting community, i tested V R2,0. In R 1.3 i had 60 fps with downs to 42-47, and rise again to 60 fps in less of a second without problems. I downloaded V 2.0 and had 60 fps, in some areas down to 40-50 fps constants (ruins, forest) and down to 24-30 fps and ocassionaly to 14-20 probocating cuts and lag, maybe mods, maybe new aspect of the patch, how know.

Finally i want your help with text, font and size of the text. I enjoyed playing your V. R1.3 and in the new repack text is smaller and have other font. Because is not a problem and i play in a tv, i want text bigger, for people that play in monitor i understand the change, so if you will help me, i want to know how change text, size, font, etc. Or simply how can i configurate the game to play and read text like in your R1.3 version, maybe is just a file for auto traduction but i dont know. And eventually with new patchs, mods and repacks this will happen again, so if you know how configurate text for the game please give me a hand.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks again to you and the community

I resolved my problems and lag issues after testing R2.0 repack with testing and error.

1-. clean registry: user-appData-localLow-illusion__AI-Syoujyo (detele all)
in Windows 7 ", escribe regedit y da clic en Aceptar. Delete Ilusion AI-Syoujyo

2-. extract: AI-Shoujo R1.3 ( search: [BR] AI-Shoujo Registry Fixer and apply the fix)

3-. download: aisyoujyo_02_plus_1108mhg_sub (with the full patch not work, the full patch erase and replace data and files with mods and bad results) But fortunately R 1.3 works fine, at least for my.

1108 Illusion Update courtesy of @ ScrewThisNoise

FULL: < >
SUB: < >

4-. install: aisyoujyo_02_plus_1108mhg_sub
how i said only works with sub patch.
- extrac the patch, open the folder
- open FileCopy.exe with applocale or similar program.
- click in the left option, wait until finish instalation, and then click in the right option for close the installer.

5-. copy to the game folder (user data) saves, houses, chara and coordinate.

5.5 -.(i don`t like the font and sizes for the fan translation, but if you like, save the files from repack v2 and replace in the same folder in 1.3. Fan translation is the file,
Bepinex- translation-en-texture

6.- open InitSetting.exe with applocale or similar program and enjoy (same mods from R1.3 repack, no problems for me, and update working) with sub patch the inisetting say v1.02 but when you enter to the game is 1.03 and changes working without unstable mods that made my game lag, stuttering and unstable fps.
PD: if you install the full patch1108all, the iniseting is in japannese, still work but change a lot of configurations of the repack.

7-. wait until modders fix the problems (20-11-19 new update and probably broken game again), i think for at least next 2 weeks this will work fine with only manual patch. (i dont like repacks`and prefers clean install but i cant find the iso of the game, hongfire desapear, and fortunately Screwthisnoiseis is nice and give good feedback)

8-. (tell me when the male uncensor works fine and forgive my bad english, i wrote like in spanish, regards.)

Last edited:

--

Sep 26, 2017
Doesnt R2 have the 1108 update in it though? Thats what I read in the readme.

reigan

Sep 21, 2018
Tried to modify the values for the PushUp mod, but it did nothing. I'm using the R2 version. Doesn't matter if I changed the slider in the main menu, or after I loaded a save and played, nothing changed. Dem tiddies are still extra firm and pushed up. :KEK:

Also, can you rotate the full housing grid? I would like to have my house looking another way, but it's such a drag rotating every furniture inside 1by1. Can you move everything together?

--

Sep 26, 2017
I thought so, well that house dont load its bugged or something, has anyone else been able to load this?

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes