[ILLUSION] AI Girl and Honey Select 2 - Card Sharing Thread

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

wilbur1001

Jan 1, 2021
So I got to ask how do modders create/add characters from other games into Honey Select 2. I like the customization options but I want to be able to add more accurate character mods to honey select that some modders haven't gotten around to in HS2, such as the rest of the overwatch characters or other game characters. The question is how can I get started? Like is their a guide to getting started or something?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dark Lord Nova
Jan 30, 2021
So I got to ask how do modders create/add characters from other games into Honey Select 2. I like the customization options but I want to be able to add more accurate character mods to honey select that some modders haven't gotten around to in HS2, such as the rest of the overwatch characters or other game characters. The question is how can I get started? Like is their a guide to getting started or something?
There is Roy12's. But unfortunately it is a shit sandwich warmed over. He should just take the damn thing down because all it does it get people's hopes up.

The truth is you are not likely to find a good guide to make it happen for Mei or other port. The reason is because every single custom head mesh we have added to Honey 2 since April has been unique--with their own slice of problems. That's why it takes as long as it does most times, and why we are always late getting new girls out. It would be great if there were a clean-cut, cookie-cutter way to just process a game rip girl. But it is instead a painstaking process that was likely never supposed to be possible I think. G and I just slog through every port anyway--trying different approaches we pull from our years of 3d modelling experience until we get whichever girl we are wanting in the game gorgeous in the game.

zelda.png

Sure anyone could post the general steps. Take MAX and sculpt her face so it looks like she is cooing, then sculpt it so she is laughing. And so on until the rest of the 59 face animation poses are sculpted. Roy used Blender in his tut--which is god awful for anything but texture/weight painting in my opinion. But it is things like vert counts not matching between the o_head_0 and its o_head morpher pack, or really slick BS like UV maps looking perfect in MAX and even in SB3Utility, but when you load the model in CM, you find her face textures were never completely centred on her map!!

Unforeseen issues like that makes any step guide you have pretty much worthless--unless you already know how to rework a UVmap from scratch so her textures appear correct when she loads in the game. And oftentimes, if people are asking for a modding tutorial, they likely also will need help with UV map issues, vert count BS, etc etc etc.

I mention the UV map issue because I actually had to solve this problem with our new Zelda character posted yesterday. Here is her original face texture map, right. This is firstly a crapass 1024 res texture. But then for her face skin, the resolution amounts to less than 512, thanks to how Nintendo did them.

zelda_botw_d.png

In Photoshop, I blew this map up to 2048, then sharpened and repainted a few pixelated areas until the original face skin looked ok enough for Honey 2. Then I went through the mesh work in MAX, doing all her different facial expressions for head, teeth, mouth, eyes, etc. Then I began building her unity3d files and list csv sheets to shape her zipmod. Everything looked great until I loaded Zelda for the first time in Honey 2. Then I saw what has happened 3 other times in our previous game ripped Honey girls. Her face was all one color!! Why? Because the UV map that should be centered, was actually pushed 3000 pixel points off her map. I did not check the stupid thing in MAX because her original map loaded fine there as well as in SB3.

Anyways, my task then became recreating her head mesh a brand new texture map. I had to rework her o_head_0 UV map, then apply that modifier to her 58 other face poses. Then I had to take this PNG of her new UV map and create brand new face textures based on her originals.

zeldagf.png

The outcome was this new 2048 res face texture:
cf_head_00_00_t-DXT5.png

If you are an advanced 3d modeller with a butt-ton of patience for hard work, you might be fine with a series of general steps. But when you hit snags your background cannot solve, the first thing you will do is email PATHOS for the answer---because that's who wrote your general steps. Just ask Mr Roy how many times someone with a PATHOS handle has messaged him! :) The dog ball does seem like a nice person. But he's never helped us with anything we've ever asked of him. That's why he's a dog ball. An irresponsible dog ball.

Releasing such a tutorial would be a MAJOR responsibility. We don't do things half ass. We either do them, or don't try at all. If something is botched, it is fixed post haste. We're nice people and help whenever we can, also. However, as many potential snags there are in custom character modding for this game; man, we would only have time to answer emails. It is just not practical to try teaching unless one is willing to fucking teach. Roy probably knows all this too, but lacks the sensibility to take his tuts down so people stop trying to get his help.

Sorry for the mile of message, dude. But maybe others will see this also. I don't mean to discourage you, either. But this is the nature of the beast. And just in case you're now wondering why in Hell we would endure slaying such a monster??

To meet her, of course... :p
HS2_2021-09-26-21-41-40-838.png

Last edited:

CttCJim

Feb 28, 2019
Package (all in one) Mods v12 for Honey Select 2 (New mods, cards (Patreon and Comunity), Coordinates,Scenes, DHH Custom, Poses, Overlays, and SSS) google drive again.
Most of the mods present here are not found in the repack of the ScrewThisNoise.
View attachment 1344605
Pack Mods v12 HS2 Google Drive (Maximum Size 869mb ZIP) / (ALL packs) = 25gb ZIP.
BYPASS GDRIVE: create a shortcut in gdrive, create a folder, place the shortcut in the folder and download the folder.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
all mods here are 100% updated, I recommend that you exclude similar ones from the ScrewThisNoise repack, to avoid possible conflicts.
I also recommend that you have your game with the most updated repack, you can find it here:
- Version 4.1 DX (my game version)
download the v1, v2, v3, v4,v5,v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11 package before downloading this v12 package or else you will not have the current complete package.
Hey, just wondering, how do you decide what to include in these packs? I see some cards I made in there :)

Reactions: laAngelblade32
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes