[ILLUSION] AI Girl and Honey Select 2 - WIP & Patreon Exclusive Ads Sharing Thread

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
So, apparently Renpy takes exactly 120 seconds to go from zero to hero.

If you guys haven't tinkered with it, do give it a spin. You literally press only a handful of buttons to create a new project, drop your images, change the tutorial script to show your characters and dialogs instead of the tutorial character and dialog. And presto, you are limited only by your laziness afterwards :)

Here is the Renpy's SDK:

screenshot0001.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
I'm having an issue with hitting daily reaction limit, completely stupid idea imo but I hit it way too fast also.
So until it is fixed I have to do it the good old way...

Yay for Spepheyer thumbs up :D (y)

Reactions: Sepheyer
Jan 30, 2021

If you guys haven't tinkered with it, do give it a spin. You literally press only a handful of buttons to create a new project, drop your images, change the tutorial script to show your characters and dialogs instead of the tutorial character and dialog. And presto, you are limited only by your laziness afterwards :)

Here is the Renpy's SDK:

View attachment 2202289
Nice app! I hope you get your new game built with it, Seph!! The hardest fucking steps are the first ones. :)

Reactions: Sepheyer and Mr-Fox

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Reactions: Mr-Fox
Apr 11, 2022
What the hell do you mean with "daily reaction limit"?
Already yesterday I was confused by this posting of you https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r10-illusion.53457/post-9490924
It's a counter per day for you to give "reactions" with the "like" button on the right down corner. I guess it is 25 per day or so.
It happened to me several times when I first encounter this forum.
Once you reach the reaction limit per day you cannot give more likes, or thumbs up, or hearts or whatever you want to give until the next day.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
It's a counter per day for you to give "reactions" with the "like" button on the right down corner. I guess it is 25 per day or so.
Once you reach the reaction limit per day you cannot give more likes, or thumbs up, or hearts or whatever you want to give until the next day.
Yeah and it is completely stupid. Ye We wouldn't want people to give each other too much likes in a forum for comments and interaction now would we? lmao

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Here is the Renpy's SDK:

View attachment 2202289
assuming it gets a lot more complicated when animating and trying to use character models that are not vanilla, doesn't it?

Reactions: Sepheyer

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
assuming it gets a lot more complicated when animating and trying to use character models that are not vanilla, doesn't it?
Using renpy, you are not limited to only HS2. You can use any software and figures you want. For instance there is a cool software named "crazytalk" that animates faces. It is text to speak. So you can potentially make a celebrity or famous person say whatever you want.:devilish::D

1669811824280.png

1669811891741.png

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Yes, it does.

Let me just muse while daydreaming:

Anything animated is expensive in terms of time, effort, knowledge and hardware. I know you know that.

And looking back at my own abandoned projects I'd say the hardest challenge is to maintain self-imposed discipline against scope creep. Like if I want to tell a story, I need to focus just on that.

And in this context RenPy, when compared to other game engines, being a mere step up from Powerpoint is great because it makes you stick to the most basic storytelling (at least I hope so). If you want to tell Alett's (sorry not sure if this is the chara's name) story (I am assuming based on lore you have for your scenes), RenPy might be just the thing for you - especially if you trade making animations for telling a story.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
About RenPy, guys, just look at how simple this is.

The code (I can't even call this code, it is literally very much the same as a movie script) and the result:
Like, meanwhile my RPGM backend code looks like this:
And all the time sunk into it didn't contribute one bit towards telling the story. So, I hope by using RenPy I can get my scope creep habit under control and finally get a small, tiny, simple, primitive, but complete story out there.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
when I press to give a like I get a message "sorry you have reached your reaction daily limit" or something very similar message.
Ahhh......I see, thx for the enlightenment.

Seems that I´m too stingy with giving likes that never had this problem ;)
(Or maybe cuz I´m nearly daily looking what happened here and therefore aren´t so many new postings to be liked..........)

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Like, meanwhile my RPGM backend code looks like this:
And all the time sunk into it didn't contribute one bit towards telling the story. So, I hope by using RenPy I can get my scope creep habit under control and finally get a small, tiny, simple, primitive, but complete story out there.
oh yea I forgot...Renpy can't actually render anything, it just feeds things onto the UI...
And talking about Alet, it's kind of the opposite for me, I'm interested in animations mainly, the story is just a side thing to me but it's fun to make it up because it makes making scenes more intuitive to me. So overall HS2 seems like the better bet still.
I've looked into Blender a long time ago as well but it seemed to me that assets and stuff are WAY harder to get / create and there's much less free stuff available so I can just get to animating stuff. Haven't looked into anything else like Maya tho...
So HS2 it is for now...hell I barely get time for that anyway. I'm just glad people helped me figure out how to animate blend shapes and bones, and even though I feel that would've been trivial in something like Maya, I think other HS aspects compensate greatly
EDIT: the story isn't even really a story, it's more there just for context for the scenes so people think what they should think when seeing the scenes..."people" including me

Reactions: Mr-Fox and Sepheyer
Apr 11, 2022
Ahhh......I see, thx for the enlightenment.

Seems that I´m too stingy with giving likes that never had this problem ;)
(Or maybe cuz I´m nearly daily looking what happened here and therefore aren´t so many new postings to be liked..........)
Yes, it happened to me when I read dozens of posts per day and I wanted to give reactions to all the ones I liked. And I couldn't because of that limit.

Yeah and it is completely stupid. Ye We wouldn't want people to give each other too much likes in a forum for comments and interaction now would we? lmao
Yeah, it's a nonsense to me too!

Reactions: Mr-Fox and turbojoe

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
oh yea I forgot...Renpy can't actually render anything, it just feeds things onto the UI...
And talking about Alet, it's kind of the opposite for me, I'm interested in animations mainly, the story is just a side thing to me but it's fun to make it up because it makes making scenes more intuitive to me. So overall HS2 seems like the better bet still.
I've looked into Blender a long time ago as well but it seemed to me that assets and stuff are WAY harder to get / create and there's much less free stuff available so I can just get to animating stuff. Haven't looked into anything else like Maya tho...
So HS2 it is for now...hell I barely get time for that anyway. I'm just glad people helped me figure out how to animate blend shapes and bones, and even though I feel that would've been trivial in something like Maya, I think other HS aspects compensate greatly
EDIT: the story isn't even really a story, it's more there just for context for the scenes so people think what they should think when seeing the scenes..."people" including me
100% agree. HS2's Studio's assets are worldclass.

And indeed, the HS2 is how one renders images / animations, and mediums such as videos, RenPy, RPGM that capture those renders are how a creator shares those renders with a wider crowd. And may be even earns a coin off it. I'd love to have my own game studio making erotic games, and I hope to find a simple workflow that lets me release games once every few month rather than every few years. Hoping that HS2 + RenPy finally would be it.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Blender is free, maya is not and from what I heard blender is better anyway. As far as cost and assets go, nothing is stopping you from using assets from HS2 but in a more powerful software such as blender or in combination with content from DS and in DS for rendering etc. If you are not going to edit anything or create zipmods it's not that complicated.