[ILLUSION] Honey Select 2: Libido (ハニーセレクト2 リビドー) - Discussion Thread

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2019
Jesus, wtf...

I can translate any illusion game in a single day by myself (by amount of work), this is NOT an AAA game with hundreds of thousands of lines of text.

You are also not translating into X languages, just english, which already strips away 90% of the work that AAA games go through.
Illusions games are also not very complicated on the semantic level, given that you cant do much wrong when you say: "fuck me" or "i can feel your dick", or what do you think is the reason we can translate these games in a single day, as modders? (given that we have someone who can speak japanese and english, of course.)
We have had HF-patches contain day 1 translations (manual, at least for the most part of the game) in the past, its not like it is a big deal. (Its more a pain in the ass to deal with illusion using images instead of text for some of their buttons etc. thats far more complicated for us to deal with, than replacing a bunch of strings. (best case: you can just dump all the text in the game and reinsert it after translation, but in the past that was rarely the case, due to a lot of images in the UI being actual images instead of text. This affects all pre-unity games from them.))

Aside from that, Illusions Steam translation still is quite amateurish at times, proving that they just do it themselves.
Really? Then I'm eager to wait for your full translation mod on HS2 on day one. I'll be waiting and good luck.

This is not about their capability to do it or not. As I stated above, they're a company operating on profits and under legal laws. People hired under their company have to get paid to do the work. It's not a free estate to do whatever you want. Not to mention, localization in another region is subject to tax, unless you're still ignorant from my post ("business and tax-wise").

2ndly, the translation mod is barely 1%, including menu and such. The dialog text, hoh, I don't think you even look at how many words are there. Not to mention, the fan translation is mostly machine-translation, and it sounds really weird in a contextual manner.

There were only great translation cases that I remembered which was before Hongfire Era pre-2016 (Rapelay in particular). Heck, even in HS1 as of now speaking, there are still machine-translation texts. After 2016, the only best one so far is AIS, which is directly borrowing the official translation. But still, there are weird sentences. So... if you think you can do it in a single day, what happens to those dialogs? Please, enlighten me..

Last edited:
Reactions: Bionus and KekKoo

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Misguided/Entity
I am not going to discuss this any further with someone who cant even go and read the steamworks documentation (especially the tax part, or how releases work etc.), who doesnt know how to release something on steam, never translated any game and is just taking stuff from big games and applies it onto illusions games.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019
Misguided/Entity
I am not going to discuss this any further with someone who cant even go and read the steamworks documentation (especially the tax part, or how releases work etc.), who doesnt know how to release something on steam, never translated any game and is just taking stuff from big games and applies it onto illusions games.
Sure, but I'll wait for your DAY-1 fully high-quality translation (no machine-translation since you're so full of yourself with knowledge of translation). Look, you have 16 hours left. Good luck.

Reactions: KekKoo

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
I appreciate the effort... :) waiting for uncensored patch, I already upload a char, loly wiinter... Hope you like it

Reactions: trybefaast

AnaLyser

Sep 13, 2019
It's AI Shoujo using Honey Select "pick n fuck", so basically Free H mode for AI... If I compare to HS1 :

Good points :
- Better UI (you can make several groups of girls instead of adding/removing constantly)
- You can modify ambiance with filters
- Better Graphics and chara maker from AI obviously

Bad points :
- Basically no new animations (2-3 new? I like the pseudo anal piledriver tho)
- There's little difference between the state of the girl (between love and hate for example) on her moaning, she sounds almost the same which is stupid. I tested with only 3 voices (in all states) but I'm sure it's the same for others. As an example Yandere from HS1 had a noticeable difference between hate and love.
- The girl don't moan much even when you're pounding at max speed. Again this was much better in HS1.

The voice "problems" may seem like nitpicking but in a game of pure H it's very important, of course if you only use studio you won't care. Have to wait for mods and see later but overall very little innovations for a full game, should really had been a DLC for AI...

log4242

Jan 2, 2018
I tooled around a little with the repack, and I agree with Inerfnalis. For people who do care about studio (when that's released) it seems like there are a number of high quality new maps and props that will come with it which seem a lot less plastic than HS1 and less post-apocalytpic than AiG.

BreadM1x

Oct 2, 2018
Man i feel so sorry for the ones who bought this :p
but then again i knew it was just the same stuff, well lets wait for honey select 55 :p
playhome is way better then this, this is just honey select with the same gfx as playhome.. and that's it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote