[ILLUSION] Honey Select 2: Libido (ハニーセレクト2 リビドー) - Discussion Thread

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henri Okita

Mar 13, 2019
Just seen the news about this game's release, thought about buying it but hell, it's an AAA cost...
I guess I'll try it in another way first, then buy it another time.

Looks great tho.

BreadM1x

Oct 2, 2018
Lol just what we need. more rehashed shit with stuff that we liked taken out and more useless crap put it :p no thnx.
honey select i like. then we get ai something and WHAM everything good about hs taken out and simplified.
and some fre roam stuff put in that sexy beach had. nothing to see here. moving on..
AAA game prize money ? rotfl 79,- aint AA prizes thats apple prizes :p

nawt0k

May 27, 2020
HS2 will probably get a steam release, maybe that will be in English?
Steam is terrible for these types of games with their Puritan stance on releases. Oh....kids can no see da boobies.... At least if it DOES release on Steam maybe a 3rd party website will have store with the standalone +patch without having to worry about patching a steam version.

Reactions: Gojii and titit

Grumpy Zote

Mar 16, 2020
Steam is terrible for these types of games with their Puritan stance on releases. Oh....kids can no see da boobies.... At least if it DOES release on Steam maybe a 3rd party website will have store with the standalone +patch without having to worry about patching a steam version.
But for now, STEAM is the only one platform where 18+ H games released in europe, maybe slowly but, they and some devs from japan understanding it is "world market". When miconisomi release Insult Order, I bought it in first day on dlsite, but i would prefer steam, because steam is not only market, its community, workshop, forum threads, funny reviews, in other words - platform.

Jun 6, 2017
I don't get why these games aren't ready for an English release on the same day/week or even month as the Japanese release. I know Illusion isn't a AAA studio but they should have at least a few translators who are working on this, and other games. Maybe next game?

hir0shige_

Sep 5, 2018
HS2 will probably get a steam release, maybe that will be in English?
I don't think HS2 will make it to Steam. Most Japanese 18+ games on Steam have some kind of "gameplay" element, for example Koikatsu has school/social gameplay and COM3D has a business management aspect. This means that even the censored versions released on Steam can still be "played" because ~60% of the experience is still there, enough to have a standalone (but shitty) game without sex. HS2 is different because it is a straight sex simulator with no gameplay whatsoever. If you removed the H-mode from HS2 the game would make no sense because that is like 90% of the content, it would just be a character creator at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I wish adult games were more widely available in the rest of the world, but there is a reason why ILLUSION only sold their games in Japan for so many years, people just aren't ready for it and no stores want to carry them.

Reactions: namprofli3

striker912

Mar 19, 2018
man, I miss the H mechanics in love girl, sexy beach, Home mate and artificial girl 3. Actual interactions instead of the choose a position and enjoy the dull continuous animation. the Rapelay chikan moment was probably the best example of a really good H interaction for me.

May 17, 2019
I don't get why these games aren't ready for an English release on the same day/week or even month as the Japanese release. I know Illusion isn't a AAA studio but they should have at least a few translators who are working on this, and other games. Maybe next game?
That's because it's expensive to localize their games. It's a complicated process than just translating word by word, business and tax-wise.

Here you can learn more about it:

Reactions: Gojii

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
That's because it's expensive to localize their games. It's a complicated process than just translating word by word, business and tax-wise.
It costs almost nothing for their games, if you only translate the subtitles and menu.

All you need is one employee with half decent english skills, and google translate to double-check.
Everything else is replacing a bunch of strings, or just adding them to a csv or whatever they are using.

May 17, 2019
It costs almost nothing for their games, if you only translate the subtitles and menu.

All you need is one employee with half decent english skills, and google translate to double-check.
Everything else is replacing a bunch of strings, or just adding them to a csv or whatever they are using.
Jesus. Are you really that ignorant despite I gave the link to how the localization work? They're the company operated on whichever bring the most profits. They don't build on free stuff.

But, whatever you said, mate. Lmao.

Reactions: titit
Jun 6, 2017

Here you can learn more about it:
I mean Honey Select 1,Koikatu, and AI Syoujyo all ended up being translated and released in English. I mean Illusion should know that there is a demand for their games in the west. If they released an English version at the same time as the Japanese version it would probably sell a lot better since by time the official translation comes out the fan translation has been available for months and for "free".

Reactions: Gojii

Gtg Gtg

Feb 24, 2018
LMAO

I was looking around for Honey Select downloads and stumbled across this. Thank god
Guess I won't be downloading Honey Select then :) Hope it pops up on this site real soon.

FYI : I do know the release is on the 29th... Just hope it comes like... Same time or 30th or 31st :)

May 17, 2019
I mean Honey Select 1,Koikatu, and AI Syoujyo all ended up being translated and released in English. I mean Illusion should know that there is a demand for their games in the west. If they released an English version at the same time as the Japanese version it would probably sell a lot better since by time the official translation comes out the fan translation has been available for months and for "free".
They know their games are really popular in Western regions, that's why they continue to release their Eng version of their games since HS1, except PlayHome or any controversial titles (rape-related theme). But they're still at experiment state step by step, likewise, from horrible outdated FAKKU version of HS1 to fully translated unoptimized AIS. (Localization vs. Optimization).

Hopefully, there will be an Eng version of HS2 considering how successful HS1 was, and how the exchange system work in between HS2 and AIS.

Varisha

Boomer
Donor
Jun 6, 2017
No. HS1 doesn't have a story.
so HS it's a emulator for rape, no gameplay, only a man that join in a hotel and make se* with the girls, nothing else, the girls has not a their characters, i want to play but for me is bored

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote