[ILLUSION] Honey Select 2: Libido (ハニーセレクト2 リビドー) - Discussion Thread

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

hir0shige_

Sep 5, 2018
Illusion games are great, and I have loved them for many years, but they really need to take some time and fix the jank in their games instead of recycling them every year. The concepts are good but performance is subpar even on powerful systems. I thought their move to Unity would improve things, and it has to an extent, but it's really unfortunate that even with relatively basic graphics and gameplay their games still don't feel "slick" with slow loading times, frame drops, etc. on PCs that can play AAA titles without issue. Games like COM3D2 run like butter by comparison. Fingers crossed they fix some of these issues in HS2...

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
From looking at the website, it looked like the girls "moved around" but you would select from a list of different rooms they could be in. So no "free roam" like AI Shoujo. If you played Honey Select, it's still like how the girls could be doing something random (like still sleeping in their beds).
Oh, okay. No, I haven't played HS 1 before.
And do you know if in this one, we can have a female MC ? Because from what I understood, it's not possible in HS 1.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Oh, okay. No, I haven't played HS 1 before.
And do you know if in this one, we can have a female MC ? Because from what I understood, it's not possible in HS 1.
You can play as a girl in AI Shoujo, but I'm not sure if that is a mod or part of the base game.

Not sure about Honey Select 2.

I'm sure there will be mods to add or change plenty of things if it isn't in the base game.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
You can play as a girl in AI Shoujo, but I'm not sure if that is a mod or part of the base game.

Not sure about Honey Select 2.

I'm sure there will be mods to add or change plenty of things if it isn't in the base game.
You can be a girl in AI-Shoujo officially but, the potential of what you can do as one is HIGHLY limited. This is part of why I miss AA and AA2(More so 2 obviously) and want a 3.. Being a girl was not only possible in those games, but your interactions were no more or no less than what the guys could do, on top of being able to pursue males as a girl, and generally all sorts of scenarios of course because, AA(2.), plus even if they didn't display the H-Scenes, MxM was also possible but this is obviously something only a minority wants out of illusion so..

They really need to re-explore female player characters again, because even as far as GxG actions go, they're HEAVILY limited and just suck all around. I only remember there being like, 2 positions you could use, and even worse, that was as much as their VERY rare AI's would also do. They really dropped the ball here, and it sucks because I was looking so forward to being able to play a girl again since AA2..

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
You can be a girl in AI-Shoujo officially but, the potential of what you can do as one is HIGHLY limited. This is part of why I miss AA and AA2(More so 2 obviously) and want a 3.. Being a girl was not only possible in those games, but your interactions were no more or no less than what the guys could do, on top of being able to pursue males as a girl, and generally all sorts of scenarios of course because, AA(2.), plus even if they didn't display the H-Scenes, MxM was also possible but this is obviously something only a minority wants out of illusion so..

They really need to re-explore female player characters again, because even as far as GxG actions go, they're HEAVILY limited and just suck all around. I only remember there being like, 2 positions you could use, and even worse, that was as much as their VERY rare AI's would also do. They really dropped the ball here, and it sucks because I was looking so forward to being able to play a girl again since AA2..
Ah, so it's not because I haven't unlocked them. There really are only a handful of positions for GxG in Ai Shoujo, then ? That's pretty disappointing.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Ah, so it's not because I haven't unlocked them. There really are only a handful of positions for GxG in Ai Shoujo, then ? That's pretty disappointing.
That amongst a female player character being extremely underwhelming already amongst everything else is what killed the main gameplay for me. In concept, once again, it sounds amazing, until you let Illusion underwhelm the hell out of it.

Reactions: edhorren

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
4/24/2020 update

Showing off the box art of the game and how the assets can go back and forth between AIS and HS 2.

Again, yay~

I wouldn't get over hyped for this one. Maybe next time :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Misguided/Entity
May 17, 2019
Illusion games are great, and I have loved them for many years, but they really need to take some time and fix the jank in their games instead of recycling them every year. The concepts are good but performance is subpar even on powerful systems. I thought their move to Unity would improve things, and it has to an extent, but it's really unfortunate that even with relatively basic graphics and gameplay their games still don't feel "slick" with slow loading times, frame drops, etc. on PCs that can play AAA titles without issue. Games like COM3D2 run like butter by comparison. Fingers crossed they fix some of these issues in HS2...
This is not a fair criticism and a hasty generalization as if all of their previous games had the same unoptimized issues.

AIS is their 1st unoptimized Unity games, PlayHome & Koikatsu (both are Unity games) run fine without issues, so it's safe to say they know how to utilize the Unity engine. Playhome is a VN form of Honey Select, btw. Additionally, I don't remember I had issues like in AIS with their previous titles, and mostly it's the mods killing the performance of the game.

Do you know why they publish games every year? B/c there isn't a benefactor investing in their game development, hence they're both Publisher/ Developer independently. By publishing games every year, they can gather enough revenue to experiment with new ideas. Otherwise, risking a new product when you have no backing money will result in bankruptcy.

Let me rephrase: "They're not either AAA developer or have their own publisher". Stop treating them like one.

It's surprising to me that you compare IllUSION with KISS while giving criticism about recycling games. Bruh, COM3D2 is the exact definition of nothing changes with recycling materials. With ILLUSION games, they change/ improve their gameplay/ animation/ visual every 2 years or so.

Well, it's actually based on the interest of Japanese audiences (male Otakus mostly), and if there is not enough interest, there's no reason why it should be included. Including those sex scenes between MxM/GxG requires new creations of animations/ dialogs (can't use the same girls' dialog for MxM/GxG/ GxM situation).

That being said, retargeting one rig to another is easily done within the Engine/ Maya, yet, it needs polishings steps and adds blueprints checks. It's not as easy as copy/paste. It's still 2x amount of works, which they don't have enough budget to manage that when there is little to no interest in those relationship types.

And I know Yuri/Yaoi is the things in Japan, but they are only a small number of them to actually play eroge. The same goes for Anime/ Manga. Even in Doujinshi, they only hold a small percentage of the overall products.

Reactions: hir0shige_

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
This is not a fair criticism and a hasty generalization as if all of their previous games had the same unoptimized issues.

AIS is their 1st unoptimized Unity games, PlayHome & Koikatsu (both are Unity games) run fine without issues, so it's safe to say they know how to utilize the Unity engine. Playhome is a VN form of Honey Select, btw. Additionally, I don't remember I had issues like in AIS with their previous titles, and mostly it's the mods killing the performance of the game.

Do you know why they publish games every year? B/c there isn't a benefactor investing in their game development, hence they're both Publisher/ Developer independently. By publishing games every year, they can gather enough revenue to experiment with new ideas. Otherwise, risking a new product when you have no backing money will result in bankruptcy.

Let me rephrase: "They're not either AAA developer or have their own publisher". Stop treating them like one.

It's surprising to me that you compare IllUSION with KISS while giving criticism about recycling games. Bruh, COM3D2 is the exact definition of nothing changes with recycling materials. With ILLUSION games, they change/ improve their gameplay/ animation/ visual every 2 years or so.

Well, it's actually based on the interest of Japanese audiences (male Otakus mostly), and if there is not enough interest, there's no reason why it should be included. Including those sex scenes between MxM/GxG requires new creations of animations/ dialogs (can't use the same girls' dialog for MxM/GxG/ GxM situation).

That being said, retargeting one rig to another is easily done within the Engine/ Maya, yet, it needs polishings steps and adds blueprints checks. It's not as easy as copy/paste. It's still 2x amount of works, which they don't have enough budget to manage that when there is little to no interest in those relationship types.

And I know Yuri/Yaoi is the things in Japan, but they are only a small number of them to actually play eroge. The same goes for Anime/ Manga. Even in Doujinshi, they only hold a small percentage of the overall products.
Illusion still puts out more than Patreon funded projects atm lol. Alot of studios are still on their first game.

Although I'm not excited for this one, I do find myself playing AI Shoujo more and more. Probably because I know I can bring the girls over to HS 2. Not sure about the personalities though.

EDIT: Personalities don't transfer, just appearance. I figured as much no big deal.

And Sexy Beach Prem Resort I believe was their first Unity game and that was a legit mess. Falling through the world, girls disappearing, map took forever to load, random crashes, etc.

Last edited:

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018

It's still 2x amount of works, which they don't have enough budget to manage that when there is little to no interest in those relationship types.

I'm not really mad about being told this as I'm already well aware of what reality is in this regard.. What I'm mad about is how not only does illusion all the same STILL dabble with Yuri to begin with at least, but all around that you think I DIDN'T know this.. :(:cry:

May 17, 2019
Illusion still puts out more than Patreon funded projects atm lol. Alot of studios are still on their first game.

Although I'm not excited for this one, I do find myself playing AI Shoujo more and more. Probably because I know I can bring the girls over to HS 2. Not sure about the personalities though.

EDIT: Personalities don't transfer, just appearance. I figured as much no big deal.

And Sexy Beach Prem Resort I believe was their first Unity game and that was a legit mess. Falling through the world, girls disappearing, map took forever to load, random crashes, etc.
Haha...if you take account for Japan and Western economy/ currency differences, I'm surprised they're still alive expanding market to this big for nearly 20 years.

I didn't have those issues in Sexy Beach Premium Resort, but to be fair, I played that game w/o mods and got bored for an hour or two. (wouldn't be that HaremMate was their 1st Unity game?? but I could be wrong). Wasn't SBPR the disaster for the modding community, was it?

I didn't like much of their open-world games since the introduction of AG series, but somehow I enjoy AIS more than other entries, along with their VN-type games.
I'm not really mad about being told this as I'm already well aware of what reality is in this regard.. What I'm mad about is how not only does illusion all the same STILL dabble with Yuri to begin with at least, but all around that you think I DIDN'T know this.. :(:cry:
There are more Yaoi/ Yuri contents coming on Doujinshi side (Manga, especially), so it's progress, I suppose. :unsure:

hir0shige_

Sep 5, 2018

Your points are well taken, I was being too harsh, all things considered Illusion's character customization tools are unparalleled and I'm looking forward to HS2, having greatly enjoyed HS1. Hopefully they have more development resources now that they are launching games on Steam and making additional revenue that way. It's good that Illusion is getting more ambitious with open world games and I'm sure their next attempt will be much improved.

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018

As a girl who likes girls, I was pretty disappointed by the lack of lesbian content in Ai Shoujo, as I'm like 99% sure that the majority of straight men also have some (A LOT) of interests in GxG stuffs.

KaizerIvan

May 12, 2018
I prefer being that way, certainly better that Loading Screen Simulator <insert year here> that is Artificial Academy were you spend FAR too much time grinding to unlock the very BORING poses with characters that have the personality of a cardboard.

I rather they focus on what people actually play those game for instead of trying to make some type "gameplay" that will be shallow and detracting of what people play those games for, as pretty the character creator is there is nothing to do with then after the fact besides some mediocre gameplay, remember Sexy Beach Premium Resort? Because I do as well their most recent "gameplay" game, AI Girl.
Wait,what? Since when Artificial Academy became a loading simulator? I've been playing that game for years since its first release until now, and never I had such a "loading simulator" thing since everything in the game ran smoothly, and ofc with mods.

To avoid grindy gameplay, there is an option to raise the affection levels of your classmates etc and yeah the gameplay maybe old and somewhat boring by now, but it's not grindy and took time on loading.

Frankly, If I didn't find anything new on the websites, AA2 is always become my last resort for taking a quick fap.

D

Deleted member 808788

Uff, is it a month yet?, didn't they say the game was already finished?... I will write to illuchon on twitter to send me a copy. I will tell them that I will not share it with anyone, so they will surely accept! :D xD

Edit: Has anyone seen my post on the first page? T.T

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
Uff, is it a month yet?, didn't they say the game was already finished?... I will write to illuchon on twitter to send me a copy. I will tell them that I will not share it with anyone, so they will surely accept! :D xD

Edit: Has anyone seen my post on the first page? T.T
...i guess not, website says 2020/5/29 is the release date. :/

But now that you mention that message, it makes me wonder if AIS mods could theoretically be able to be ported easily since the cards will surely be compatible.
I most likely am wrong, tho, i'm no programmer but surely it is something worth fantasizing about.

D

Deleted member 808788

But now that you mention that message, it makes me wonder if AIS mods could theoretically be able to be ported easily since the cards will surely be compatible.
well I'm excited, it's almost may too. Since it's using AI assets, I'm guessing that means uncensor patch will come rather quickly.
Roy12 has made the [AI] PVCollider, which is basically an animated uncensor for the vagina (and I think it also makes the penis not have the telescopic effect), and this uncensor is for the game (not the studio). I hope it is easy to port to honey select 2

Reactions: namprofli3
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote