Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Help with AiLegend Hotel Club map:
Anyone know how to get the lights to work? The map is totally black and the only thing that seems to react if I turn it on or off is the Directional Light (first one up top). None of the others do anything. I've tried changing settings in map menu and on graphicsmod but nope. I can add new lights, but I'd like to use what's there if possible.
Anyone?

sembolan

Jan 21, 2021
Please help. None of hoohs items shows up in "items" in the studio. If I load up a downloaded scene that uses them it works fine. Basically I want to use the scripted dick but it's nowhere to be found unless I load up a scene that already uses it.

I downloaded honey select from the 65 gig torrent here so I don't understand why it doesn't work.
Also, all of hoohs files are in my mods folder in the "Sideloader Modpack" subfolder.

conkave4

Oct 17, 2023
Please help. None of hoohs items shows up in "items" in the studio. If I load up a downloaded scene that uses them it works fine. Basically I want to use the scripted dick but it's nowhere to be found unless I load up a scene that already uses it.
I had the same issue when I started. I'm pretty sure the fix was the category_reserve.zipmod. You can find it .

Salek

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Is there a way to configure shaders so that they apply to all characters?
It's a lot of work to constantly go into the Material Editor and change the shader for every piece of clothing, item, hairstyle, etc. for every new character you create.

Salek

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Help with AiLegend Hotel Club map:
Anyone know how to get the lights to work? The map is totally black and the only thing that seems to react if I turn it on or off is the Directional Light (first one up top). None of the others do anything. I've tried changing settings in map menu and on graphicsmod but nope. I can add new lights, but I'd like to use what's there if possible.
Anyone?
Is the "AiLegend Hotel Club map" an item you can pick?
Something like this.
3.png
If so, try changing the shaders.
2.png
In this example I had to change about 8 shaders so that it is no longer dark.
1.png
I use CharaStudio but should also work with HS2 neo Studio if my memory serves me right.
All this is of course assuming that "AiLegend Hotel Club map" is an item.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Is the "AiLegend Hotel Club map" an item you can pick?
Something like this.
View attachment 3323818
If so, try changing the shaders.
View attachment 3323820
In this example I had to change about 8 shaders so that it is no longer dark.
View attachment 3323828
I use CharaStudio but should also work with HS2 neo Studio if my memory serves me right.
All this is of course assuming that "AiLegend Hotel Club map" is an item.
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it's a map zipmod not an item. Still I'll see if there's anything similar I can find in any of the accessible menus.

Rival Nuts

Apr 30, 2022
Sir, do you have skin overlay with hairy armpit? People say, someone had upload it on discord, but as you already know, I'm noob at using discord >⁠.⁠< Lol
But maybe a guide on how to make the armpit hair skin overlays will be great ^⁠_⁠^

Edit: nvm, I just figured it out by editing here and there. And... its not so hard as I imagine lol. Thanks to the "Skin Overlays" plugin modder ^⁠_⁠^

How to do that?

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Unfortunately no joy in the map issue above.
Is anyone else having issues with maps having lighting issues? Just edited this cause I thought it was just AiLegend maps but apparently I'm having issues with a few others as well. Not many, but still annoying. Selfishcrow's attic was another I can't get lighting to work at all on.

Last edited:

DingoDonger

Oct 25, 2023
Indeed, this behavior can be turned off either by i) disabling alpha in screenshots or ii) enabling fog. Fog is straightforward: System -> Screen Effect -> Fog : On.

The other option is via amending plugin setup: press F1, and search for "screenshot". Then disable alpha, like this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The alpha option is there for extracting characters and inserting them into games. Like this:

Indeed, this behavior can be turned off either by i) disabling alpha in screenshots or ii) enabling fog. Fog is straightforward: System -> Screen Effect -> Fog : On.

The other option is via amending plugin setup: press F1, and search for "screenshot". Then disable alpha, like this:

The alpha option is there for extracting characters and inserting them into games. Like this:

Thanks man, I wasted so much time today searching for a solution. Fog works great

Reactions: Sepheyer

madeofcrust2

Nov 18, 2018
Hi all,
I wanted to ask about sex scenes. So I am working on something and I only want to use the studio neo to make sex scenes (mostly static, but also a few animations), similar to what you get in-game, but controlling character locations, etc. To be honest, I would have been happy to just take screenshots or movies from the game, if only the game allowed for 4-somes or higher, and if I could have more control over character placement there.

Anyways, I have been trying the past days to find a guide on that, and I found lots of info about how to make sfw scenes, but nothing on sex scenes (which have the issue that you have to coordinate precisely 2 characters). I also tried to mess around a bit with the Studio, but it takes forever just to get 2 characters aligned in the correct possition, then once you set them to have sex in, for example doggy, the hands of the guy are inside the girl's but, so you have to go around adjusting the bones.... Like in the game with one click they get into possition correctly, so I think I must be missing something, it cant be that complicated, I hope.

So if you know of any good guide that can go step by step about making sex scenes, I would be super grateful, thanks in advance!

Reactions: Kaseijin

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hi all,
I wanted to ask about sex scenes. So I am working on something and I only want to use the studio neo to make sex scenes (mostly static, but also a few animations), similar to what you get in-game, but controlling character locations, etc. To be honest, I would have been happy to just take screenshots or movies from the game, if only the game allowed for 4-somes or higher, and if I could have more control over character placement there.

Anyways, I have been trying the past days to find a guide on that, and I found lots of info about how to make sfw scenes, but nothing on sex scenes (which have the issue that you have to coordinate precisely 2 characters). I also tried to mess around a bit with the Studio, but it takes forever just to get 2 characters aligned in the correct possition, then once you set them to have sex in, for example doggy, the hands of the guy are inside the girl's but, so you have to go around adjusting the bones.... Like in the game with one click they get into possition correctly, so I think I must be missing something, it cant be that complicated, I hope.

So if you know of any good guide that can go step by step about making sex scenes, I would be super grateful, thanks in advance!
Try the scenes thread - maybe there's already something you like: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Unfortunately no joy in the map issue above.
Is anyone else having issues with maps having lighting issues? Just edited this cause I thought it was just AiLegend maps but apparently I'm having issues with a few others as well. Not many, but still annoying. Selfishcrow's attic was another I can't get lighting to work at all on.
I don't know if it's the same thing you have, but I've noticed some maps fuck with skyboxes/trilight settings making the shadows completely black. If that's the case, you are still on the same place because I don't know how to change it. it is pretty annoying.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hi all,

HI!
As Sepheyer said, there is a board especially for studio neo, plus, there is a begginer's guide as Salek correctly pointed out.
But the best way to learn is to do and fail, we can try to help you improving your skills and sharing some tricks, but first we need to see your work to know how to help.

Reactions: Sepheyer

nickfriendly

Jan 8, 2024
Does anyone know if the Honey Select 2 models can be exported to Blender, with the rig/skeleton, to be able to make animations in Blender?

I'm interested in making animations in Blender because I like the Cycles rendering engine, and I'm used to animating in Blender after so many years.

Also, I think the best NSFW models are the Honey Select 2 ones (I don't know if there are graphically better ones, but at least they are customizable).

Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Does anyone know if the Honey Select 2 models can be exported to Blender, with the rig/skeleton, to be able to make animations in Blender?

I'm interested in making animations in Blender because I like the Cycles rendering engine, and I'm used to animating in Blender after so many years.

Also, I think the best NSFW models are the Honey Select 2 ones (I don't know if there are graphically better ones, but at least they are customizable).
HI!
Actually I have the same question, AFAIK it is possible to export cards to blender with a third-party software. check out this video:

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I don't know if it's the same thing you have, but I've noticed some maps fuck with skyboxes/trilight settings making the shadows completely black. If that's the case, you are still on the same place because I don't know how to change it. it is pretty annoying.
Actually this added to the clues, so thanks. I went back and in graphicsmod menu in the lighting tab (where the skybox settings are) near the bottom I found an option for SEGI (experimental) which when enabled at least made things visible. Couldn't actually change anything that I could see, but it was a change. So def something there. I'm gonna try in DHH mode to see if that makes a diff.

Reactions: genericNeet

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Actually this added to the clues, so thanks. I went back and in graphicsmod menu in the lighting tab (where the skybox settings are) near the bottom I found an option for SEGI (experimental) which when enabled at least made things visible. Couldn't actually change anything that I could see, but it was a change. So def something there. I'm gonna try in DHH mode to see if that makes a diff.
Confirmed. It seems that some of the maps from the modpacks are DHH only. I've tested it with several maps I had issues with in Graphicsmod and they work fine in DHH. Wish that there was a notice or something. Spent literally hours trying to get that club map to work for a scene I was doing.

Reactions: genericNeet
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote