Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
When setting up coordinates it is possible to add overlays to change the clothing to more unique stuff than stock. You just need some textures for it. I just found that wanghee over at kenzato has a veritable truckload of cloth overlays.

To change just download textures to the overlays folder and in maker in the clothing section look for "clothes overlay". Select what's being overlaid in the menu and that'll open a window where you can browse to where your overlay is.
Blue is stock skirt. Dots is overlaid with texture from wanghee.
Just thought I'd share as it's not something I've seen mentioned much.

matthewB

Dec 9, 2018
When setting up coordinates it is possible to add overlays to change the clothing to more unique stuff than stock. You just need some textures for it. I just found that wanghee over at kenzato has a veritable truckload of cloth overlays.

To change just download textures to the overlays folder and in maker in the clothing section look for "clothes overlay". Select what's being overlaid in the menu and that'll open a window where you can browse to where your overlay is.
Blue is stock skirt. Dots is overlaid with texture from wanghee.
Just thought I'd share as it's not something I've seen mentioned much.
Thanks for sharing.
Is it just me or does the dot overlay have some odd tiling issues?
I would just choose a pattern from inside the clothes color menu and adjust the scaling, position and rotation. There are already tons of different patterns coming with the BR-Honey Select 2 version.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Thanks for sharing.
Is it just me or does the dot overlay have some odd tiling issues?
I would just choose a pattern from inside the clothes color menu and adjust the scaling, position and rotation. There are already tons of different patterns coming with the BR-Honey Select 2 version.
Sure that works, this is just another thing that you can add to the toolbox. As for tiling, possibly? It was just a quick post cause I'd come across that maker's account on kenzato for the first time so figured I'd share.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
How can I make a modification to an element in a map? Specifically Hooh's APARTMENT map, I want to have the front door opened. It's door02_door to be precise. I can make it inactive but that's not what I want.
I've tried using the move, rotation and scale toggles but it doesn't seem to do anything other than changing the name to a purple color. Is there a setting I have to turn on before I can make a modification? thanks.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
How can I make a modification to an element in a map? Specifically Hooh's APARTMENT map, I want to have the front door opened. It's door02_door to be precise. I can make it inactive but that's not what I want.
I've tried using the move, rotation and scale toggles but it doesn't seem to do anything other than changing the name to a purple color. Is there a setting I have to turn on before I can make a modification? thanks.
You can't.
Pretty sure what MapController plugin can do mostly is just hide/unhide stuff.
I won't count on it when moving/rotating stuff.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Indeed, you can disable the pieces you don't want and install your own. You can also do the same with the walls where you remove the original wall and replace them with one-way walls (they have only once face, the other face is transparent), so you can easily rotate the location - makes it easier to work with and to screenshot.

Reactions: cptboofy

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Well... that's annoying then. Thanks for the answers.
So what are those toggles for then? The move, rotate and scale ones? It seems like there was the intention that they'd do something.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Well... that's annoying then. Thanks for the answers.
So what are those toggles for then? The move, rotate and scale ones? It seems like there was the intention that they'd do something.
Those modifiers never worked for the maps I tried them on. Now, I'd submit that if you want a door then bringing it into the workspace is still a better decision because of how convenient it becomes. Additionally, if you do it via a folder, you can have proper rotation axis and connect the whole thing to VNGE. Naturally, you are improvising at this point, still I feel this is better than using the map utility even if it ever worked.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Those modifiers never worked for the maps I tried them on. Now, I'd submit that if you want a door then bringing it into the workspace is still a better decision because of how convenient it becomes. Additionally, if you do it via a folder, you can have proper rotation axis and connect the whole thing to VNGE. Naturally, you are improvising at this point, still I feel this is better than using the map utility even if it ever worked.
I totally agree. I've gone through bepis and yuki and kept all the maps I liked that were offered before they were made into zipmods and those are easy to modify.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Getting a proper PALE skin tone?
So I have a huge issue trying to get pale skin. Whether it be a character that stays out of the sun or a character with the suntan effect. The lighter parts just never work for me. It either gets completely blown out so basically the character looks like they're glowing and you can't see any details of the body cause it's just a blob of light or else it looks like zombie skin. Just gray, dead, ugly.
Have any of you figured out a way to get proper paleness in the various skin tones? Any suggestions would be appreciated as honestly I'm not happy with any of the things I've done.
Some examples of your settings and color palettes would be great. thx!

Reactions: genericNeet

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Hi guys. Playing around with one of the maps that has weird black shadows with Graphics mod I realized it helps to change the rendering path to forward. I don't know if this works for every map with this problem, and this is probably not the first post to give this as a solution, but maybe it could help some of you.

Here are two screenshots from the same map with the rendering path being the only difference.
render (2).png render (1).png

Lisiczka96

Dec 29, 2023
So I have a huge issue trying to get pale skin. Whether it be a character that stays out of the sun or a character with the suntan effect. The lighter parts just never work for me. It either gets completely blown out so basically the character looks like they're glowing and you can't see any details of the body cause it's just a blob of light or else it looks like zombie skin. Just gray, dead, ugly.
Have any of you figured out a way to get proper paleness in the various skin tones? Any suggestions would be appreciated as honestly I'm not happy with any of the things I've done.
Hi. I guess you have tried to change skin shader alredy? I have changed shader from skin_true to if i remember good - new_skin or something like that, and just then to choose skin, bodybuild, skin color. Only problem was for me characters looks so pale that can see blue veins, so Ive applied them more suntanned colours. I am speaking about two girls that you asked me about them in screen sharing thread. Good luck, you can solve it ^^

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Hi. I guess you have tried to change skin shader alredy? I have changed shader from skin_true to if i remember good - new_skin or something like that, and just then to choose skin, bodybuild, skin color. Only problem was for me characters looks so pale that can see blue veins, so Ive applied them more suntanned colours. I am speaking about two girls that you asked me about them in screen sharing thread. Good luck, you can solve it ^^
I did, and it does work up to a point. Unfortunately it's limited to certain skin tones only.
I'm hoping someone has a trick that can be used across various skin tones so you can not only have a pale girl, specifically trying to get what's called the milkmaid complexion, but also get realistic suntan effects. Those are frustrating cause I've had good luck getting a good suntanned skin tone but when I try to apply the suntan effect it's all over the place. Frustrating.
Have you posted your cards anywhere?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Try finding a card that meets your requirements for pale skin and then see how it was made:

friedeyepotato

Oct 5, 2020
Anyone know how to change a SSS card to DHH compatible? I remember you got to change the Material Editor/Shader from next-gen to AIT/Skin True, but the character's skin still has the lumps on it. Any other settings I need to change/reset?

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Try finding a card that meets your requirements for pale skin and then see how it was made:
Unfortunately that's the catch. They always look grey or overblown when I do. Now I'm wondering if maybe I've got some weird color settings off somewhere. I would've thought others might have had the same issue as me. Oh well, experiment time I guess.

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Unfortunately that's the catch. They always look grey or overblown when I do. Now I'm wondering if maybe I've got some weird color settings off somewhere. I would've thought others might have had the same issue as me. Oh well, experiment time I guess.
I struggle a lot with skin color too. Another factor is that different card creators use different graphics settings, some using graphics mod, others DHH and some others go with the default. The map you select can also affect the color if they have a different skybox or reflection probe. I think a good idea would be to pick a card you made that looks close to what you are going for and then tweak your graphics settings with whatever mod you prefer to get it a little closer to the image you have in your head. Try to stay neutral though, it's easy to go over the top with it. I think lowering or even deactivating bloom could help out with the girls being too bright, with graphics mod you could also see if lowering post exposure or gain helps out with that.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Try to stay neutral though, it's easy to go over the top with it. I think lowering or even deactivating bloom could help out with the girls being too bright, with graphics mod you could also see if lowering post exposure or gain helps out with that.
Thanks. I'll try this.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote