Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ArthEim

May 10, 2021
Hi, can you help me, after several minutes of play I have my Next gen characters turning black.
this is done in the studio, here is the screen.
is there an updated graphique mod (F5)?

HS2_2024-02-25-20-36-13-453.png
Thx you!

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Hi guys. Instead of animating shit I decided to make a little list with pros and cons of Timeline and VNGE when it comes to making animations.

The last update part was just added because I wanted to see if either of them was officially dead. Keyframe animation is only a small part of VNGE and Timeline is one of many plugins included in HSPlugins, so narrowing it down is hard, specially with the psychological effects breast size slider game has on your brain. Take them with a grain of salt.

If anybody disagrees feel free to say so or make your own. I just think this could help somebody make the decision before throwing too much time into either of them. Everything here is from the point of view of a complete noob, so I'm probably wrong.

Timeline
Last update: 27/01/2024 (Hard to decide because it's part of a group of plugins for different Illusion games + I'm stupid) according to the last mention of Timeline on .

Pros:
Simple.
Few bugs.
Included by default.

Cons:
Bad UI.
Bad for group keyframe editing.
You have to add each manipulator (Or whatever they are called. Circular thingies that move stuff) by hand.
You have to organize them manually.
Can look very cluttered.

VNGE/vnanime/clip editor
Last update: 05/04/2023 according to the last modification in the

Pros:
Can be used with the rest of the tools provided by VNGE.
Much better UI than Timeline.
Everything is already added. Just select what you want to animate and add keyframes.
Organized by default.
Focused on groups of manipulators.

Cons:
Requires VNGE, even when you might not use all the features it has. (Might affect performance).
Multiple bugs.
Not compatible with some plugins.
Will have to be paired with Timeline to get the full potential.

I have no conclusion.
No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This post has meant nothing.

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
so dont know if this has been asked yet, but for example when i try to download a scene and then try to export it to my studio neo 2 it sais that it cant be imported,loaded because its corrup, its not a scene, or its a scene from another game, what do i do to be able to load the scenes, they are supposed to be scenes from studio neo instead of studio neov2 is there like a diference?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
ah damn, thanks, guess ill have to try and download hs1 to see if i can export to hs2 or something like that
Pretty sure you cant. HS1 and HS2 is different generation. There is no way to export anything from HS1 to HS2. Even the character. Read for the details. Just read few sections from the top to understand the difference between two of them in term of technical.

Reactions: AfroM and Sepheyer

mnonyhc

Apr 25, 2017
Me going down a degeneracy spiral.

Tried to find the common mmd bug models for HS2, found about nothing, a few random bugs and fly attached to character is not what I'm looking for.
Edit:Found more under the monster tag, not all but aceptable ammount.

I managed to find some of mmd bug assets despite half the forum having dead links but how to port an"item" asset from mmd to HS2 is where I'm struggling now.

I've been trying to find a guide but have had no such luck and trying to just throw stuff into a zipmod I cant find the stuff after probably due to list or not placing stuff currectly in the adbdata folder, the list say stuff comes from SB3U but when i load a model there I cant do anything after.

Anyone able to help me with or all of these? :ROFLMAO:
1709053420977.png

Last edited:

Xyxxz0

Sep 12, 2023
Is there a way to move limbs using the animation presents in studio without it freezing the animation? Im looking for something simliar to the Character Dragger plugin in the main game where i can move the arms/legs without killing the animation.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
2 questions:
1) Does anyone know how this raised skirt effect was done? The effect remains even if you change the bottom so it's not the coord and it's not the 1/2 off option either. I want to reproduce it but cannot figure out how it was done.
2) I've asked before but I'm still looking, is there any way to select socks for the male characters?

• Thinking Face

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Is there a way to move limbs using the animation presents in studio without it freezing the animation? Im looking for something simliar to the Character Dragger plugin in the main game where i can move the arms/legs without killing the animation.
Hi
AFAIK it is not possible that way, however there are a method to do a kind of adjust using HS2PE advanced options, Using the sliders below 50% somehow let to move IK nodes while the animation is running.
1.png

Reactions: Xyxxz0

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
2 questions:
1) Does anyone know how this raised skirt effect was done? The effect remains even if you change the bottom so it's not the coord and it's not the 1/2 off option either. I want to reproduce it but cannot figure out how it was done.
2) I've asked before but I'm still looking, is there any way to select socks for the male characters?
Hi!
The skirt effect is done via FK Nodes. Select your model, then activate FK, next select Skirt and move the nodes to the desired position.
Example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have a nice day.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
WHY?????
Can someone please, please PLEASE tell me why the hell when I make changes on this scene the blue cast gets removed? I've spent an hour trying to figure it out.
I can make changes on the original, save it, no problem. As long as it's open the blue cast stays the same. But if I close the scene and open it again, blue cast is gone. I've checked every setting I could think of and I'm stumped.
The blue tinted (with the male) is the original as downloaded. The non blue tinted I just opened and saved it. I didn't change a single thing - the male character is not in the scene. At least not when I open it anyway.

matthewB

Dec 9, 2018
WHY?????
Can someone please, please PLEASE tell me why the hell when I make changes on this scene the blue cast gets removed? I've spent an hour trying to figure it out.
I can make changes on the original, save it, no problem. As long as it's open the blue cast stays the same. But if I close the scene and open it again, blue cast is gone. I've checked every setting I could think of and I'm stumped.
The blue tinted (with the male) is the original as downloaded. The non blue tinted I just opened and saved it. I didn't change a single thing - the male character is not in the scene. At least not when I open it anyway.
In my case both scenes have a missing male character. The difference is, by loading the left scene (blue tinted carpet) I got a "missing zipmode error", while the right scene doesn't throw this error.
My guess: something is wrong with that zipmod.
Copied from my console window:

Code:
[Warning, Message:Sideloader] Missing zipmod! Some items are missing! - ailegendddxxxxxrrrraarggldrgdrgefdsfesdfestfesdafgfesfgsegdgdgreeeteregtrgxzcefee
[Warning:Sideloader] [UAR] WARNING! Missing mod detected! [ailegendddxxxxxrrrraarggldrgdrgefdsfesdfestfesdafgfesfgsegdgdgreeeteregtrgxzcefee]

mnonyhc

Apr 25, 2017
Trying to make some animations+MMD coordinated and although it worked nearly perfectly I'm having some problems with toggling an item "visible" using a clip.
It just refuses to work half the time. I set the visible to 0 at start then to change to 1 when I want, ocasionaly it works, then it breaks randomly.
Now I load my latest save, 2/2 items start visible, the same clips starts, only 1 of them goes invisible??????? and then even that one wont go visible later when needed.

On another note, what's the proper way to save stuff? I'm getting paranoid doing triple saves as I've had multiple times scenes save without the clips (even using scene helper)

On a last note that I doubt anyone can help with, I got a clothes which have an animation attached, it plays when I load/reload the outfit/character, but if I toggle those clothes off, when I put them back on it breaks and doesn't play (queenbee)

mnonyhc

Apr 25, 2017
Getting tired of colecting questions and having no answers to any :cry:

Anyone know if its possible to turn on/off a joint correction using clip/timeline/vmd???
i got an MMD which works great with them on 99% of it, but that 1% is a horror show if I dont turn it off

• Hey there

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
On another note, what's the proper way to save stuff? I'm getting paranoid doing triple saves as I've had multiple times scenes save without the clips (even using scene helper)

On a last note that I doubt anyone can help with, I got a clothes which have an animation attached, it plays when I load/reload the outfit/character, but if I toggle those clothes off, when I put them back on it breaks and doesn't play (queenbee)
Dunno for you but for me it installs autosave every time I update. Have to manually turn it off. If you're worried about it, turn that on. I'm pretty sure it's a default plugin somewhere. I hate it cause it saves too often. I just manually save every so often then go back and manually delete the saves I don't want. It's a stupid system but haven't found any better way of doing it.
As for the clothes animation, I remember that I had an issue like that with one of the halter tops. Did this little festival clip. Drove me nuts and I seem to recall finding an off switch somewhere but honestly don't recall what it was. Only mentioning it cause you might be able to find it if you know it exists. Sorry can't be more help.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
In my case both scenes have a missing male character. The difference is, by loading the left scene (blue tinted carpet) I got a "missing zipmode error", while the right scene doesn't throw this error.
My guess: something is wrong with that zipmod.
Copied from my console window:

Code:
[Warning, Message:Sideloader] Missing zipmod! Some items are missing! - ailegendddxxxxxrrrraarggldrgdrgefdsfesdfestfesdafgfesfgsegdgdgreeeteregtrgxzcefee
[Warning:Sideloader] [UAR] WARNING! Missing mod detected! [ailegendddxxxxxrrrraarggldrgdrgefdsfesdfestfesdafgfesfgsegdgdgreeeteregtrgxzcefee]
Thanks, but almost positive that's an asset. The female has a sphere under her leg. Those usually are placeholders for missing assets. Also, the blue tint remains while you're working, which wouldn't happen if a zipmod was missing. That's why I'm so frustrated. I did a really nice scene I was proud of but when I opened it up to keep working on it the lighting was changed so ended up spending way too long trying to figure it out. Cases like these it's usually a skybox or preset setting somewhere but damned if I can find what is different. Was hoping someone had come across this before and could give me a hint of where to look.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote