Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Dunno if it'll help with what you're doing but I asked something similar regarding animations a while back. Follow this link to my question, the associated scene that I thought was brilliant and Kaseijins kind answer. https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-11031515
Not really what I wanted, but still very interesting scene. Very cool way to animate it, I have no idea how they keep track of so much stuff.

Checking it out blend shapes wasn't used, there is only one keyframe at the start of the timeline that I guess is setting the initial expression and then nothing else. I tried adding another one to see if the configuration of the scene would make them transform smoothly, but it didn't.

In the scene the eyebrow, eye and mouth patterns change from one from to the other abruptly (Just like in my case with blend shapes) but mouth and eye open are smoothly animated.

I think I'll just say it's an unfinished/buggy part of the mod that doesn't work in HS2 as cope, but I will keep trying and trying permanently delaying actually learning to animate cool shit in the search for a smooth ahegao.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
btw know how to set a belly bulge?
I dont really use it but basically you need to make a bulge from pregnancy+ plugin then use s-dick and navigator to activate it.
Iirc you should do this :
1. Spawn a female chara, navigator and s-dick
2. Parent navi to chara's abdomen2 in your workspace tree.
3. Leave the dick at the moment, dont make it penetrate first because you need the first penetration as the activation method afaik.
4. Make bulge shape. Select chara > anim > current state > pregnancy+ section is at the bottom. There is no preset for this, so you gotta make one from scratch.
5. Grab the dick and make it penetrate the vag after you're done making a shape.
6. Fine tune the shape size and how responsive it is by selecting the nav and open up item+ menu.

Sorry I couldn't get you the guide from the modder bcs for some reason his Patreon page is under review. Maybe bcs it's not active for a long time.
Here is the from him at Discord.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Not really what I wanted, but still very interesting scene. Very cool way to animate it, I have no idea how they keep track of so much stuff.

Checking it out blend shapes wasn't used, there is only one keyframe at the start of the timeline that I guess is setting the initial expression and then nothing else. I tried adding another one to see if the configuration of the scene would make them transform smoothly, but it didn't.

In the scene the eyebrow, eye and mouth patterns change from one from to the other abruptly (Just like in my case with blend shapes) but mouth and eye open are smoothly animated.

I think I'll just say it's an unfinished/buggy part of the mod that doesn't work in HS2 as cope, but I will keep trying and trying permanently delaying actually learning to animate cool shit in the search for a smooth ahegao.
Hi!
the blenshapes in timeline is an old issue. I remember seen some topics in discord regarding this, honestly I am away from StudioNeo rightnow cuz I am into Blender lately. The way we animated face expresions was using interpolated that timeline already have. Please Try the following:

- Some Head types has issues using blendshapes, try to use a different card, I reccomend using the default "Hatano Miwa" since it has no new mods or something, As i told above, some face types doesn't work well with blendshapes, I really don't remember which is the problematic one, sorry :/

- As a member reccomend early, if you will using timeline in VNGE, it has to be Configured in initial settings, declaring that the aforementioned timeline plugin will be used, it can be done via VNGE interface (VNGE actor setting) or modifying the *.ini file.

- Also In timeline there has to be centanly things you have to do in order some stuff works, it has bugs, like those implyng rotation (when you want to make a sligh rotation, it does a full 360º turn) I don't remember well but you have to sellect the correct interpolate to work with (maybe i am wrong with this, I will make a research and tell you on friday).

Keep in mind there are no tutorials at all, only the ones provided by the author and some kind soul here in this forum, THIS is the primary source of knowledge, so don't be sad if something doesn't work as desired.

Reactions: genericNeet

qwertymooqwerty

Mar 18, 2018
In HS2 studio is there a way to make a character fade in on the timeline for a particular scene? There is an enabled option, but that is very cut and dry: the character is there or it is not. If I wanted to make a character appear gradually I am not sure how to go about this.

• Thinking Face

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
IS there any documentation or tutorials for the Studio Item Extended plugin?
It's just for hooh's and some mods.
Afaik the only thing other than hooh that using it is ekan studio item (reactive onomatopeia and SFX) and meinabox's gimmick (record tracker and paperplane gimmick).
As for hooh's item it should work with all of his mods except joint, piston, rotator and shaker. So it should works for volumetric lighting, drag and railed tracker, anchor, hijack look and eye, lookat gimmick, scripted dick, dick navigator, puller and xray womb.
There are two manuals from hooh, but since his is in verge of takedown, I only can get you one of his manual.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

Hi!
I think I've figure out some method to play with blendshapes using timeline:

First, let's call one of my over 3000 chicks:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Next let's open BlendShapes interface, advanced mode in HS2PE

Now we will open timeline, and look for Interpolables/Blendshape (Group)

The Groups to choose from are: Eyelashes, Head, Tears, Tongue, Teeth and sometimes other Iterpolables, i guess depends on head type the model has. Select one group, then Add a Keyframe hoovering in "BlendShape (Group)" and a keyframe will be added with the name of the group, I reccomend to choose all the groups you will use to save time. This is the result:

Now with the initial keyframe added, move to the desired time, and fiddle with the sliders of the blendshape you want to move, register the keyframe and so on, this is the final result:

Let us know if it helps you ;)

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Well...I'm affraid there is not possibilities that the timeline video built-in VNGE can support blendshapes. I have done some tests and seems to be that the only way the animation change smooth betwen states is when the option has sliders, like mouth and eyes, that have both types and sliders to adjust, other like eyelashes, eyebrows that only have types (numbers) does not animate in the video timeline, blend shapes does change, but only On-Off, no transitions.

Maybe is something missing (I Hope), I will keep researching to find out if it is possible or not, to animate blendshapes in VNGE like the way we do in Timeline.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
It's just for hooh's and some mods.
Afaik the only thing other than hooh that using it is ekan studio item (reactive onomatopeia and SFX) and meinabox's gimmick (record tracker and paperplane gimmick).
As for hooh's item it should work with all of his mods except joint, piston, rotator and shaker. So it should works for volumetric lighting, drag and railed tracker, anchor, hijack look and eye, lookat gimmick, scripted dick, dick navigator, puller and xray womb.
There are two manuals from hooh, but since his is in verge of takedown, I only can get you one of his manual.
Thanks so much. It was for hooh's stuff that I wanted it for so it's great. I was playing around with it but couldn't figure out what some of the sliders did.

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Hi!
I think I've figure out some method to play with blendshapes using timeline:

First, let's call one of my over 3000 chicks:

Next let's open BlendShapes interface, advanced mode in HS2PE

Now we will open timeline, and look for Interpolables/Blendshape (Group)

The Groups to choose from are: Eyelashes, Head, Tears, Tongue, Teeth and sometimes other Iterpolables, i guess depends on head type the model has. Select one group, then Add a Keyframe hoovering in "BlendShape (Group)" and a keyframe will be added with the name of the group, I reccomend to choose all the groups you will use to save time. This is the result:

Now with the initial keyframe added, move to the desired time, and fiddle with the sliders of the blendshape you want to move, register the keyframe and so on, this is the final result:

Let us know if it helps you ;)
Thank you for the detailed answer. That is how I was doing it when I was using timeline, but I wanted to know if I could do it all on VNGE. Knowing it just doesn't work and it isn't just me not knowing how to use it makes me feel better.

Playing around some more in VNGE I realized you can sync the time with Timeline using Timeline time, I assumed it meant the time scale for some reason, but it makes it so the time in VNGE is also in Timeline (I think I'm wording this in a very weird way) so it makes it a lot easier to work in both. Something to have in mind is that this only works from VNGE to Timeline, not the other way around. There is a little delay, but at least for me it isn't very noticeable after exporting the video.

I guess using Timeline for feet and hands would also help because of the 360 no scope habit of VNGE, also independent position and rotation can be useful.

Over 3000 chicks? have you used them all? I have 98 and only rotate like 4 of them lol

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
In HS2 studio is there a way to make a character fade in on the timeline for a particular scene? There is an enabled option, but that is very cut and dry: the character is there or it is not. If I wanted to make a character appear gradually I am not sure how to go about this.
You can make key frames for alpha (transparency), but it only works for items that have that option from their shader. Body doesn't have that and the character is made up of many different parts that use different shaders, so I think it isn't possible.

Maybe there is some other way, but i don't know.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
HI! GenericNeet
you OUGTH to see this!!

interesting, isn't?

Over 3000 chicks? have you used them all? I have 98 and only rotate like 4 of them lol
Actually, my "Lineup" is about 15-20 gals, the rest are uncathegorized, most of them are in my files only for the coordinates but I am so lazy to extract the coor. A while ago I found a link with 3.13 GB of Discord Dump cards, and others from this site, that's the reason ;)

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
HI! GenericNeet
you OUGTH to see this!!

interesting, isn't?

Actually, my "Lineup" is about 15-20 gals, the rest are uncathegorized, most of them are in my files only for the coordinates but I am so lazy to extract the coor. A while ago I found a link with 3.13 GB of Discord Dump cards, and others from this site, that's the reason ;)
Man, that's very cool. Far more advanced than the stuff I would like to make. It's very interesting to see how far people can take this type of tools with all their limitations. His video about taking clothes off is great.

I made this just testing things out earlier. It's very clunky, there's a lot of work to do. It doesn't look like she is saying what I wanted her to say though lol. Not directed at anybody. I just like them angry ;)

• Love

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
most of them are in my files only for the coordinates but I am so lazy to extract the coor.
Actually that's quite good idea. I've been using normal way to store coor and for some reason it often crashes when I'm saving. So I have to save the chara card before saving coor so I won't lose my work.

• Red Heart

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hello, I'm new to using HS2 studio, so I want to ask, how do you make hollow skins of characters?
It is rather impossible to undestand what you are trying to accomplish based on your question. I can think of 10 different things your sentence means.

If you want to hide the eyes, lips, etc. go into Material Editor and disable them one by one.

If you want to give the skin a different property you would use Material Editor too and change the property of the skin like this:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-8037968

• Haha
Reactions: Lisiczka96

lorieyaaaaaa

May 6, 2022
It is rather impossible to undestand what you are trying to accomplish based on your question. I can think of 10 different things your sentence means.

If you want to hide the eyes, lips, etc. go into Material Editor and disable them one by one.

If you want to give the skin a different property you would use Material Editor too and change the property of the skin like this:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-8037968
like this::
115740866_p26_master1200.jpg
any idea?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote