• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Het guys(and maybe girls), got another problem.

I'm trying to implement colliders. I tried the dynamic bone capsule collider on the vag, and that seems to work. But now i need the boobs to move while touching them, and they dont move. i see my model has the correct thinghy over her boobs(out of the box) but this time it doesnt respond to dynamic bone capsule collider i put in place on the hand.

What could cause this?
Hi!
Something like this?? 2024-01-17T19-45-24.gif

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

I'm trying to implement colliders. I tried the dynamic bone capsule collider on the vag, and that seems to work. But now i need the boobs to move while touching them, and they dont move. i see my model has the correct thinghy over her boobs(out of the box) but this time it doesnt respond to dynamic bone capsule collider i put in place on the hand.

What could cause this?
Doesn't really work. The collider can't be parented to the woman's hands in order to move that woman's tits: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-7523157

Reactions: tazthecat

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020

What could cause this?
Make the collider bigger. Or maybe you haven't ticked the "use alternative mode" in chara HS2PE Adv > boobs. Though I'm not sure if this is the cause.

Reactions: tazthecat

tazthecat

Sep 2, 2021
Make the collider bigger. Or maybe you haven't ticked the "use alternative mode" in chara HS2PE Adv > boobs. Though I'm not sure if this is the cause.
I think I found something. First i tried to do your suggestions, and Use alternative mode was not selected. so i selected it.

What i found out that it works when i put it in my scene, but when i parent it with the hand, it stopped working again?
Now i used node constraints instead of parent, and it works.

The strangest part is that parenting worked on the one i used for the vag, but not on the boobs... weird.

Thanks for your help (again). getting the hang of it somewhat, but also started experimenting with DAZ now, but that is not easy at all.. But the models are that much nicer. Maybe one day.

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Hi, guys. I've been trying out using VNGE to make animations. I like it, I think it could make the process a lot faster than with Timeline, but I have a couple of questions.

How do I animate faces with blend shapes? I think the one in this screenshot is supposed to be that, but there is no smooth movement, it just jumps over to that expression for one frame.

123.png

Another one is if there is a way to export video like with timeline where you can select the amount of warm up loops and loops to be recorded on the video export window (Very good to get nice loops).

And the last one is if there is a way to animate rotation separate from position for things like hands and feet. I guess I could set a sphere or whatever item as parent and do it like that, but I'm sure there must be a simpler way.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
How do I animate faces with blend shapes?
Before adding an item to the clip, go to scene helper, there is a configuration place where you can set what child properties that can be changed.
Or you can change the config file manually, go to bepinex/plugins/console/lib, find for vnactor.ini
Another one is if there is a way to export video like with timeline where you can select the amount of warm up loops and loops to be recorded on the video export window (Very good to get nice loops).
Pretty sure no. That's why I've been setting up a macro just for recording.
Spawn a piston gimmick, set the speed at 1.6666.
Set the video export record animation while selecting the piston.
Set prewarm count as you want.
Set the recording time in seconds (1.6666x piston equals as 1 second)
Play the clip and record. You'll get a seamless loop if you did it right.
The only issue here is, the loop won't always start frame 1.

That's why I'm also using meina's pause anim toggle and set the clip play shortcut.
So my macro contains 1) play the clip, 2) unpause the gimmick, 3) click reset anim button to start video export prewarming

I just found it few days ago though so I'm also still figuring out but I always get a same starting frame.

Reactions: genericNeet

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Before adding an item to the clip, go to scene helper, there is a configuration place where you can set what child properties that can be changed.
Or you can change the config file manually, go to bepinex/plugins/console/lib, find for vnactor.ini

Pretty sure no. That's why I've been setting up a macro just for recording.
Spawn a piston gimmick, set the speed at 1.6666.
Set the video export record animation while selecting the piston.
Set prewarm count as you want.
Set the recording time in seconds (1.6666x piston equals as 1 second)
Play the clip and record. You'll get a seamless loop if you did it right.
The only issue here is, the loop won't always start frame 1.

That's why I'm also using meina's pause anim toggle and set the clip play shortcut.
So my macro contains 1) play the clip, 2) unpause the gimmick, 3) click reset anim button to start video export prewarming

I just found it few days ago though so I'm also still figuring out but I always get a same starting frame.
Thank you.
That solution for creating loops is very creative. I'll try that (or something similar) in the future.

I can't get blend shapes working. It's probably something vary simple that I'm just missing. Maybe I'm creating the keyframes for the wrong property? I tried just selecting everything for the character and the same happened.
This is how the edited file looks and how the "Animation" ends up looking. Maybe sharing how the configuration file and timeline looks for you would help, but I get it if you don't want to do that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I can't get blend shapes working. It's probably something vary simple that I'm just missing. Maybe I'm creating the keyframes for the wrong property? I tried just selecting everything for the character and the same happened.
This is how the edited file looks and how the "Animation" ends up looking. Maybe sharing how the configuration file and timeline looks for you would help, but I get it if you don't want to do that.
Usually that happens if you change the mouth pattern type in anim menu. So just ignore the whole facial expression there. Including eye pattern.
The thing you want should be done in HS2PE Adv > Blend Shape.
BTW this thing also can be used to make cumflation effect if you did it right.

Actually I never tinker with facial expression in all of my scenes. I could, but it's just a hassle. The stuff I said is based on an experiment I did in the past when I was thinking to make my scene looks nicer.
Also I just remembered there is a basic guide for VNGE. you go.
Go to /keyframe animations folder. There is a tutorial for blend shape.

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Usually that happens if you change the mouth pattern type in anim menu. So just ignore the whole facial expression there. Including eye pattern.
The thing you want should be done in HS2PE Adv > Blend Shape.
BTW this thing also can be used to make cumflation effect if you did it right.

Actually I never tinker with facial expression in all of my scenes. I could, but it's just a hassle. The stuff I said is based on an experiment I did in the past when I was thinking to make my scene looks nicer.
Also I just remembered there is a basic guide for VNGE. you go.
Go to /keyframe animations folder. There is a tutorial for blend shape.
I did it with HS2PE without touching the face options form the anim menu. Outside of being from another version the video on the mega doesn't look that different from what I did other than the old UI.

I guess I'll just keep moving things around until something works. It isn't even that important, my animations are pretty basic and I should focus on making them better to start, but for some reason it really bothers me. Also I think facial expressions help make the animation a little better, it's one of the things that is not directly tied to the repetitive movements of sex, so it helps it look like something more than just a repeating pattern.

Thank you anyways. If I find what I'm doing wrong I'll post it in case it helps somebody else.

Zeroheros

Jun 29, 2017
Is there a way to change the studio plug in window size such as VNGE SSS, pose loader, etc? I changed to a higher resolution and they are pretty small when I open them up in studio now.

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
I did it with HS2PE without touching the face options form the anim menu. Outside of being from another version the video on the mega doesn't look that different from what I did other than the old UI.

I guess I'll just keep moving things around until something works. It isn't even that important, my animations are pretty basic and I should focus on making them better to start, but for some reason it really bothers me. Also I think facial expressions help make the animation a little better, it's one of the things that is not directly tied to the repetitive movements of sex, so it helps it look like something more than just a repeating pattern.

Thank you anyways. If I find what I'm doing wrong I'll post it in case it helps somebody else.
I couldn't make it work, but I saw that you can add Timeline to the scene properties that you can edit, that way you can add a point where timeline starts and one where it ends, you set timeline and VNGE to the same length and use timeline for blend shapes.

It works, but since they are not synced (VNGE only knows when it pauses and when it resumes) you can't really edit both at the same time efficiently. Also there is a small delay between the two.

This isn't the best, but at least it works. I'll try to find out what I'm doing wrong, but for now this will do.

Reactions: Kaseijin

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Hi, guys. I've been trying out using VNGE to make animations. I like it, I think it could make the process a lot faster than with Timeline, but I have a couple of questions.

How do I animate faces with blend shapes? I think the one in this screenshot is supposed to be that, but there is no smooth movement, it just jumps over to that expression for one frame.

View attachment 3369916

And the last one is if there is a way to animate rotation separate from position for things like hands and feet. I guess I could set a sphere or whatever item as parent and do it like that, but I'm sure there must be a simpler way.
Dunno if it'll help with what you're doing but I asked something similar regarding animations a while back. Follow this link to my question, the associated scene that I thought was brilliant and Kaseijins kind answer. https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-11031515

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote