Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
How are these used? Specifically, what can you do with the various options of Front, Avert, etc and what do the various parameters do? I only know that you can fix the gaze to the front, follow the camera and then fix it to that angle, but how do the avert and adjust buttons come into play and how do the various settings affect things? Thx.

View attachment 3780443
Tried to play with it before, but I also reached the same question as you.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
There are 2 colors for areolea. The first one is the one you can pick in the menu (body > nipple). The second one is in the material editor, named subnip color. The way color blends depend on the nipple type. Sometimes one of the color doesnt matter at all (just how light or dark they are). So just try to make correct blend.
I think they are talking about the red "flush" effect on the skin itself. If they are they could be using the HD version of the skins from K1T0-K1TN or NYAACHO that has them for more realism to actual skin. It's part of the actual texture and I haven't found a way to get rid of it. I personally like it, looks less doll like.

Sep 11, 2020
I think they are talking about the red "flush" effect on the skin itself. If they are they could be using the HD version of the skins from K1T0-K1TN or NYAACHO that has them for more realism to actual skin. It's part of the actual texture and I haven't found a way to get rid of it. I personally like it, looks less doll like.
I managed to play a little with the opacity/albedo of the shaders and I managed to tone it down to manageable levels. thanks a lot guys.

HS2_2024-06-28-12-57-42-642.png HS2_2024-06-29-01-11-11-438.png
pd: I also started playing with the hanmen toon shaders and so far it is interesting. hopefully I can take this practice novel off the ground.
HS2_2024-06-28-22-09-39-881.png
cheers!

Reactions: FeelGud and Skeltom

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Tried to play with it before, but I also reached the same question as you.
I think it allows for changes in the range of motion of the eyes but the only one I've been able to figure out for certain is in the follow button, changing the up or down bend angle allows you to go to change how much you can get the eye ball to go. Pic 01 is default, pic 2 is changing down bend angle to 40.

For those who might not know:
You can set the eye direction by selecting "follow" then moving the camera to where you want the eye to look at and selecting "fixed" this sets the eye look direction to that point. Then you move the camera back to where you want and the character is now looking in that direction. Great for shots where you want the character to be looking away from the camera. That is what I did in these examples (camera set below the face).

Reactions: illusion.sensei

LfkCn

Apr 20, 2023
hi. i downloaded the 68 GB game to my leptop because i have no space on my main computer. the problem is that my leptop is so old that you can't even run a calculator. when i looked through the files i noticed that the 'Sideloader Modpack' file was 55 GB. there were two other files that were 20-30 GB. what would be the problem if i deleted some stuff in them? my only goal is to improve my scene creation skills. when it's time to make a game i will have to buy a high size SSD anyway. if i can reduce the game to around 50 GB in total i can install it on my main computer.

• Sad
Reactions: Kaseijin

FeelGud

Oct 11, 2019
hi. i downloaded the 68 GB game to my leptop because i have no space on my main computer. the problem is that my leptop is so old that you can't even run a calculator. when i looked through the files i noticed that the 'Sideloader Modpack' file was 55 GB. there were two other files that were 20-30 GB. what would be the problem if i deleted some stuff in them? my only goal is to improve my scene creation skills. when it's time to make a game i will have to buy a high size SSD anyway. if i can reduce the game to around 50 GB in total i can install it on my main computer.
You would be deleting the mods installed within them which include extra things like clothing, studio items, etc. HS2 is a very mod heavy game and takes up a lot of space if you want to have a lot of customization options.

Edit: It looked like it was all clothes/customization options for character creator. Studio items being in the other folder.

Sep 11, 2020
Depends on how do you want to create scenes. if you like to create maps from zero then you will need the vast collection of item mods the pack offers. tiles, walls, chairs, ceilings, etc. now, if you just want to create scenes with characters and leave the scenarios to the game then those construction item mods would be useless to you. then again, its better to dispose of all options in order to create your best scenes. one method i used to trim some of the fat was erasing all the map mods that i wont use, like the cyberpunk/fantasy/desert/ugly and low quality ones.

datfay

Jun 15, 2020
I am currently opening up a scene and I get these error messages (Please see attached).
This is a new scene and it is the first time I am seeing them.
Could it possibly mean I have to update some of my mods or files? Problem.jpg

LfkCn

Apr 20, 2023
Depends on how do you want to create scenes. if you like to create maps from zero then you will need the vast collection of item mods the pack offers. tiles, walls, chairs, ceilings, etc. now, if you just want to create scenes with characters and leave the scenarios to the game then those construction item mods would be useless to you. then again, its better to dispose of all options in order to create your best scenes. one method i used to trim some of the fat was erasing all the map mods that i wont use, like the cyberpunk/fantasy/desert/ugly and low quality ones.
so I thought about deleting the maps but the map file is only 10 gb. since my goal is to improve my scene creation skills even 1 map would be useful but even if I delete the whole file 10 gb will not be enough.I need to clean up the 55 gb 'Sideloader Modpack' file. i just had a look at it and it's mostly outfits and poses. i don't need cool outfits and maps to create scenes, but poses are necessary. i wish all outfits and poses were in their own special file, it will take forever to extract them this way.

LfkCn

Apr 20, 2023
i moved everything to my main computer except the 55gb Sideloader Modpack file i mentioned and studioneov2 is working fine. so the stuff in that file wasn't that important. i can still get 15-20gb of stuff out of it. any suggestions? any mods in particular i should get? the file names contain the nicknames of the people who made the mods.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Just like some ppl said above, you need a big amount of library to make a scene. You dont want the scene you're working looks bland.

Also just clearing few things up :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So it back again to yourself. What kind of stuff you're trying to learn?
Is it animated or still scene?
Is it scene composition?
Is it about lighting?
What will you do if the map you want doesn't exist?
The answer is clear. Just make it from scratch or download the "map scene" from the community. But you don't have the library to make/load it. What will you do then? Yes you do not need the whole modpack to learn, but it's good to have a vast amount of library that might not be used rather than no library at all.
This way you can use the community library freely without any risk of certain mod doesn't exist error (as long as it's not a paid mod or mod that not yet included in the pack).
Learning to make a scene with just a single map won't help you to be better. Different map need different lighting setup. This way you can adapt on various issue and help you make a good scene.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kaseijin

LfkCn

Apr 20, 2023
Just like some ppl said above, you need a big amount of library to make a scene. You dont want the scene you're working looks bland.

Also just clearing few things up :
So it back again to yourself. What kind of stuff you're trying to learn?
Is it animated or still scene?
Is it scene composition?
Is it about lighting?
What will you do if the map you want doesn't exist?
The answer is clear. Just make it from scratch or download the "map scene" from the community. But you don't have the library to make/load it. What will you do then? Yes you do not need the whole modpack to learn, but it's good to have a vast amount of library that might not be used rather than no library at all.
This way you can use the community library freely without any risk of certain mod doesn't exist error (as long as it's not a paid mod or mod that not yet included in the pack).
Learning to make a scene with just a single map won't help you to be better. Different map need different lighting setup. This way you can adapt on various issue and help you make a good scene.

thanks for the answer. i want to learn everything that can be done with the studio. i don't have what it takes to make a game right now. i need to improve my english, learn how to use ren'py, learn how to create a community and attract people. these are not things that will happen in 1-2 months. I have 1 year, maybe longer, to improve myself and I'm in no hurry. in the meantime I want to learn how to create scenes. placing characters somewhere on the map, setting up lights and stuff like that. i don't think i need a 300 gb game just for training.

but i don't have as little stuff as you are worried about. for example; I moved the entire 10 gb map file and now I have dozens of maps. likewise I have hundreds of outfits and characters. i think that 50 gb file brings the number of hundreds to thousands. i still have 25-30 gb of space so i can upload extra stuff. the update bug you mentioned is not a problem for me. preferably when i get a 2 tb SSD i will reinstall the game. (as big as possible)

sk8tingf00l

Nov 14, 2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I play scenes in HS2 Studio? When I load in a scene from daggoth i just see the cover, it should play like a video right?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I play scenes in HS2 Studio? When I load in a scene from daggoth i just see the cover, it should play like a video right?
Have you checked the requirements?
Idk about daggoth's scene, but make sure your client has both VNGE and Timeline installed.
Maybe he's using VNGE.
VNGE came with the repack but not pre installed. It's inside optional mods folder.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Hi,
Facial expressions use to be a weak point in HS2. Recently, I came across a bunch of files labelled precisely "FacialExpressions" (don't know the author though) which are .png files. I though they could be a nice addition, but then a doubt arise: Where must they be stored inside the game folders to work? Does anybody knows it?
Thanks.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi,
Facial expressions use to be a weak point in HS2. Recently, I came across a bunch of files labelled precisely "FacialExpressions" (don't know the author though) which are .png files. I though they could be a nice addition, but then a doubt arise: Where must they be stored inside the game folders to work? Does anybody knows it?
Thanks.
you go.

Reactions: osnoflax

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
you go.
Thanks to point me to the Rochin file, it looks understandable to install, however, my files are different, they are 59 files in .png format, all same sized (386x456). The only other indication is a text file named "MORPHER NAMES-LASHES".

Maybe be they are conceived to be used with some other plugin? (Deformers -which I don't use-, come to my mind)

I include one of that .png files for you to see (and thanks again)

g09_up_R_0.png

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Thanks to point me to the Rochin file, it looks understandable to install, however, my files are different, they are 59 files in .png format, all same sized (386x456). The only other indication is a text file named "MORPHER NAMES-LASHES".

Maybe be they are conceived to be used with some other plugin? (Deformers -which I don't use-, come to my mind)

I include one of that .png files for you to see (and thanks again)

View attachment 3800399
Never seen those kind of image.

Reactions: osnoflax

LfkCn

Apr 20, 2023
I'm making scenes to learn studioneov2. I rendered and this is the result. Can someone tell me why my render looks like a Japanese p*rn? it looks very poor quality. Is there a setting I need to make or a mod I need to download?

1720196742900.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote