Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
Dumb question from an HS2 newb, but how do you actually use VNGE to play a scene you've downloaded? I've seen a number of posts about creating a VNGE based scene, but not at the simple level, where you simply want to play a VNGE scene in Studio Neo v2. You can't play a VNGE scene by clicking the usual cameras 1-10 or by clicking the H key. Any info you can share for someone newer to HS2 and Studio Neo?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Dumb question from an HS2 newb, but how do you actually use VNGE to play a scene you've downloaded? I've seen a number of posts about creating a VNGE based scene, but not at the simple level, where you simply want to play a VNGE scene in Studio Neo v2. You can't play a VNGE scene by clicking the usual cameras 1-10 or by clicking the H key. Any info you can share for someone newer to HS2 and Studio Neo?
do you mean playing the scene from VNGE's clip manager?
usually when you load a scene that has VNGE data, a window will appears at bottom center area saying that the scene you loaded contain a VNGE data.
you can just simply open the clip manager and play it.
But again, if the scene you loaded should have VNGE data but there is no window appears as i said above, maybe you havent installed the VNGE plugin itself.

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
do you mean playing the scene from VNGE's clip manager?
usually when you load a scene that has VNGE data, a window will appears at bottom center area saying that the scene you loaded contain a VNGE data.
you can just simply open the clip manager and play it.
But again, if the scene you loaded should have VNGE data but there is no window appears as i said above, maybe you havent installed the VNGE plugin itself.
Thanks and I think you are correct. I thought VNGE came with the Repack automatically and maybe it doesn't. How do you install VNGE?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Thanks and I think you are correct. I thought VNGE came with the Repack automatically and maybe it doesn't. How do you install VNGE?
You can check the root folder named optional mods (though its not the latest version)
For the latest version you can check the discord

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anand412

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
You can check the root folder named optional mods (though its not the latest version)
For the latest version you can check the discord
Thank you! That worked. VNGE is installed and running now.

I searched for the author's Discord site, but that didn't bring back the actual Discord or any info with the link.

Reactions: Anand412

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
For HS2 female character creation, has anyone found additional hair mods that look good that are not included in the HS2 Repack? I come from modding Skyrim for years and there are dozens and dozens of great hair mods from that modding community, but comparatively few hair mods for HS2 and some of those look thin and sparse vs Skyrim options. If you can post any links to additional HS2 hair mods you're aware of that would be great :)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
Dumb question... How do you add something like a skybox for the outdoor scenes?
Several methods to add a sky:
  • System -> screen effect -> background/sky : These are animated, so they're fine for static pictures but not for video clips.
  • Item -> KKY mods -> Skyboxes: These are static pictures, so suited for both pictures and videos. Quality isn't great though
  • Item -> sjjpl -> sky: same as above but better quality
  • Or you can enable Graphicsmod in initsettings.exe, press F5 in the editor, then add some cubemaps that you downloaded. These are usually great quality. There should be a tutorial somewhere around here.
If you can't find the KKY or sjjpl mods: look on the ftp server:

Reactions: Sepheyer and aexiel

noodles6969

Jan 9, 2022
Hi everyone, I am very new to this game, and am trying to use NeoStudio V2 to do some posing of models, but am unable to uncensor. I have Better Repack R7 installed, and have uncensor working in the HS2 game, but when I am im studio I can not uncensor models.I see the uncensor option in Char edit menu, but it only has the default model available. I need a step by step on how to do this, as I have tried the settings accessed by pressing F1 and F5, and still can not seem to get it working. Please help, thank you :)

Last edited:

matt2c2

Jan 26, 2018
for the love of god, is there any hair mods for male characters or a tutorial on how to make them?!

Mod88

Nov 21, 2021
The basics tutorial that has a NONE skill level has been made inaccessible. Is there an alternative to it?

Aug 11, 2020
I noticed that HooH added colliders to his penises. But for me they have almost no effect on the vagina. Am I missing something here, or are they indeed busted?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I noticed that HooH added colliders to his penises. But for me they have almost no effect on the vagina. Am I missing something here, or are they indeed busted?
Hooh got a discord where he answers questions about his mods. Here is the link:

Naturally, sorry for posting this if you already asked there.

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk
Aug 11, 2020
Hooh got a discord where he answers questions about his mods. Here is the link:

Naturally, sorry for posting this if you already asked there.
I don't use Discord, so apparently I'm missing out on a lot. Thanks for the link anyway. Guess I'll stick with the old collision sphere parented to the female abdomen :)

Reactions: Sepheyer

Fappinius

Jan 3, 2020
Is there a way to turn off the character lighting in studio? I go to Character Lighting and lower the strength to lowest, make the light black, but they're still illuminated a little. I want them to be completely dark so I can use the spotlights as the only source of light.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Is there a way to turn off the character lighting in studio? I go to Character Lighting and lower the strength to lowest, make the light black, but they're still illuminated a little. I want them to be completely dark so I can use the spotlights as the only source of light.
It seems there is none. Even using F5's options doesn't help. Probably something to do with self illumination coming from individual dress or chara parts due to their respective individual shaders.

Reactions: Fappinius
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote