Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

vualtdragon

Oct 28, 2018
Yea, I know. I tried using it for the very same purpose. Hmm. Do try putting like a purple / green cube behind her. I never tried that myself, this is an idea that just occurred. May be you can do that and then chromakey all the purple out of the sprites?
you get that glitch if you have alpha on

Aug 11, 2020
i been trying to make a sprite sheet most day and it coming out f*ck up
do any body got any tips
It's better and way quicker to create your spritesheet in the RPG maker sprite editor. Getting a spritesheet from HS2 is one thing, but your biggest problem is making the art style match the tilesets you'll be using.

I don't recommend making a tileset out of HS2 scenes. Most of the textures are extremely ugly.

Something you could do is pixelate your sprite. I ran some tests a few months back and it's okay for a sidescroller game for example.

Method:
  1. Get the HS2 images
  2. Open the image with paint.NET (a great and useful image editor; also consider using ImageMagick if you're not on Windows or you need to edit a lot of images in a repetitive manner)
  3. Go to "effects" and then "deform" and "pixelate" (names could be different because I'm not using the English version).
  4. Try 4x and 8x and decide for yourself which one looks best in an assembled scene (character sprites + tileset). Other values for the pixelation didn't really look good to me.

Last edited:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
It's better and way quicker to create your spritesheet in the RPG maker sprite editor. Getting a spritesheet from HS2 is one thing, but your biggest problem is making the art style match the tilesets you'll be using.

I don't recommend making a tileset out of HS2 scenes. Most of the textures are extremely ugly.

Something you could do is pixelate your sprite. I ran some tests a few months back and it's okay for a sidescroller game for example.

Method:
  1. Get the HS2 images
  2. Open the image with paint.NET (a great and useful image editor; also consider using ImageMagick if you're not on Windows or you need to edit a lot of images in a repetitive manner)
  3. Go to "effects" and then "deform" and "pixelate" (names could be different because I'm not using the English version).
  4. Try 4x and 8x and decide for yourself which one looks best in an assembled scene (character sprites + tileset). Other values for the pixelation didn't really look good to me.
What do your sprites end up looking like? Can you post a few samples please?

I am looking at "Treasure of Nadia", and I naively thinking there shouldn't really be any issue with the end result - the sprite as, is, is -- again nailvely! -- can easily be done in HS2's studio.

01.png 02.png 03.png 04.png

So, ignoring the custom sprite size issue, I am afraid that vualtdragon's issues are elsewhere :) Sorry!

Aug 11, 2020
What do your sprites end up looking like? Can you post a few samples please?

I am looking at "Treasure of Nadia", and I naively thinking there shouldn't really be any issue with the end result - the sprite as, is, is -- again nailvely! -- can easily be done in HS2's studio.

View attachment 1922756 View attachment 1922757 View attachment 1922758 View attachment 1922759

So, ignoring the custom sprite size issue, I am afraid that vualtdragon's issues are elsewhere :) Sorry!
There are other problems, yes. One of them is that you can't control animations properly. The other one is him not using the camera object for better manipulation of the scene. He should also try Marco's camera from the optional mod folder, maybe that helps with the broken perspective.

8x character 4x background test in godot with mipmap import.png

That's a test for a sidescroller game in Godot at 1080p. As I said before, most objects look like shit (that rock literally) and need extensive editing. Characters look good if you don't equip clothing like fishnet stockings.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I gave this a shot, and seems trivial-ish, as long as:

- the light is the world light, and not camera light
- model is compressed to 80%
- camera is isometric (or if can't be bothered with the isometric plugin, a very long lens)

This is my very first attempt, and I think right out of the gate this looks great:

test.png

vualtdragon

Oct 28, 2018
I gave this a shot, and seems trivial-ish, as long as:

- the light is the world light, and not camera light
- model is compressed to 80%
- camera is isometric (or if can't be bothered with the isometric plugin, a very long lens)

This is my very first attempt, and I think right out of the gate this looks great:

View attachment 1922815
yea figured out my biggest problem was the resolution i was rendering
i was rendering in 2k and 4k
gimp and rpg maker don't like high resolution.
honestly i would rather run daz3d but my pc just nope f out when i run daz3d

how do you lower the compressed?

Last edited:

vualtdragon

Oct 28, 2018
this were my first parallax mapping,hs2 assets and rtp.
I like to get your honest thoughts on it
i know the floor need be fixed and there to much open space

Aug 11, 2020
this were my first parallax mapping,hs2 assets and rtp.
I like to get your honest thoughts on it
i know the floor need be fixed and there to much open space
Same with your spritesheets: problems with perspective (the table). They also look out of place because RPG make assets are chunky/fat to fit in with the art style, while the HS2 assets look normal. The cabinet with the TV on looks wrong because you can see the bottom of the wall behind it. You also have extremely sharp HS2 assets and almost blurred RPG maker tiles. Did you resize them to something that isn't a multiple of 48 pixels (or 32 pixels if you're using an ancient tileset)?

I don't recommend using parallax mapping too much, especially not for large maps. Game performance will plummet then.

vualtdragon

Oct 28, 2018
Same with your spritesheets: problems with perspective (the table). They also look out of place because RPG make assets are chunky/fat to fit in with the art style, while the HS2 assets look normal. The cabinet with the TV on looks wrong because you can see the bottom of the wall behind it. You also have extremely sharp HS2 assets and almost blurred RPG maker tiles. Did you resize them to something that isn't a multiple of 48 pixels (or 32 pixels if you're using an ancient tileset)?

I don't recommend using parallax mapping too much, especially not for large maps. Game performance will plummet then.
the wall are default rtp, but i did scale the wall for test2 . i did't really edit any thing rtp or hs2 asset. was just trying getting a feel for it
what angle do you recommend, the screen shot of the tv was at 25 degree angle
i found the mod that [B]Sepheyer[/B]. im try using isometric camera
. the maps were just put together in hour and half

i was going to do something like Hazumi and Pregnation setup. not gameplay but how you move from maps.
since this going to be my first game. trying stay simple

I appreciate all the advice

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
the wall are default rtp, but i did scale the wall for test2 . i did't really edit any thing rtp or hs2 asset. was just trying getting a feel for it

i was going to do something like Hazumi and Pregnation setup. not gameplay but how you move from maps.

You might know the following, but I will say it to be safe:

RPG Maker has a dedicated forum:

If you want to be good at all things RPGM, or even decent, reading up on the past issues and participating in it is a must.

The forum further has an absolute ton of lovely tilesets, including walls, TVs and sofas among other things. If you want to get your game going ASAP, you are much better leveraging assets that already exist, rather than creating your own assets. Hence, again, it makes a lot of sense to use the forum's assets.

Aug 11, 2020

I recommend making a full RPGmaker scene with the vanilla tileset and then replace some furniture with HS2 assets and compare both. You can get camera distances, perspective and angles from that.

The game Sep posted is also definitely worth looking at because that art does look good and the parallaxes are very small.

What I told about parallax mapping only applies to very large maps. The problem here is that you have to load/unload a very large image into your RAM and then the game has to perform translations (movement, not the language thing) on that image. For example: if you take a map that is 4 times a HD screen size, you'd end up with 2000 x 1000 (simplified numbers for the resolution) x 4 (four times your screensize) x 4 (3 colours and alpha channel) = 32 MB that has to be loaded into the memory on map change. This isn't even a very large map either: 40x60 RPG maker tiles if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Sepheyer

pdout

Jan 13, 2019
I am having problem with character when using strip club form map, their face tends to turn purple while body does not. If anyone have solution please help.
Untitled.png

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Is there any way to make a character wear a badge/pin on their shift with a custom logo (png file) like this?

DALL_E_2022-06-17_14.29.23_-_logo_with_the_face_of_pretty_girls_with_silver_hair__anime_style-...png
I know that we can make characters with tattoos on the face or body with a custom png file.
But I don't know if we can add a badge/pin item with a custom png file (maybe need to play with the material editor?)

CttCJim

Feb 28, 2019
Can't be done, the file doesn't work that way. PNG files don't store layers. You'd have to load it in an image editor (i use GIMP) and manually delete everything you don't want.

Let me see what i might have in my library tho...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

brianthebard

Apr 21, 2018
Does anyone know where I could find more info on how to replicate camera panning while in recording in POV mode within StudioNeo V2? Something like how Zanith does his h-scenes in House in the Rift. I've tried searching this page, as well as HitR's page, but there isn't much in terms of guidance.

My rudimentary guess would be attaching the camera to a character's head via parenting/move copy, then somehow adding a curved route to the camera that mimics looking up and down or side-to-side while in POV mode.

leaf021231

Mar 8, 2020
Hi, just wondering if it is possible to give specific FK nodes gravity and collision?

I was playing around with some of the chain objects a bit in the studio, but finding manipulating each and every single one of the chain's IK nodes annoying and difficult, so I'm just wondering if there is a smarter way to do it.

Thanks in advance!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote