Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
hey, has anyone ever implemented any of these insect looking things into the game?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They're called mi-go nymph and spawn of basatan in game, from operation lovecraft.
I'd like to have them in the studio, preferrably with functional bones so I can animate them, but if possible, I could probably figure out how to give them bones myself as long as I have a renderable model. I searched on the discord but nothing like this came up

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
hey, has anyone ever implemented any of these insect looking things into the game?
They're called mi-go nymph and spawn of basatan in game, from operation lovecraft.
I'd like to have them in the studio, preferrably with functional bones so I can animate them, but if possible, I could probably figure out how to give them bones myself as long as I have a renderable model. I searched on the discord but nothing like this came up
I know of one such model, not the exact breed, but similar, here is the scene with it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-8693852

That post contains the original. The scene is somewhat busy. I cleaned up it a bit, removing mods my vanilla R10 didn't have and that were showing up as white spheres.

2022_0805_0251_01_963.png
Scene credit: unclaimed

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I know of one such model, not the exact breed, but similar, here is the scene with it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-8693852

That post contains the original. The scene is somewhat busy. I cleaned up it a bit, removing mods my vanilla R10 didn't have and that were showing up as white spheres.

View attachment 1965147
Scene credit: unclaimed
that's exactly the guy actually, thanks for the link I'll investigate <3
EDIT: found my guy!
the mod collection is here, this guy is called Shaggai if you want him

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepheyer

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Sometimes when a load a character on the editor it just decides to mess up the proportions. why is this happening? how can I disable it?

left = studio. right = editor.
View attachment 1963828
No idea actually, but I found a similar problem sometimes when I try to replace characters in Studio. What I try is

-deselect and select again IK/FK. Sometimes it works, some not.
-to adjust Advanced Bonemod to default values prior to replacement. Sometimes it works, some not.
-to change (and change back again) some value in the Studio Character Editor mod. Sometimes it works, some not.

Sometimes, closing and reloading the scene (or the whole Studio) makes the trick. But sometimes not.

I don't know if any of these could be applied to your case (except the last, of course).

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
I have found this scene (which looks quite promising, indeed) at Yuki Portal:

Gemat RESOURCE-CARD.png

However, despite Studio accepts it without complains, I was not able to do anything with it, not even move camera... There are others scenes from the same author but I have found the same problem with them.

I've heard that some cards authors encrypt their characters cards (which are paywalled, obviously) to avoid people copying them. Maybe this is a similar case applied to scenes? And, how to circumvent this, if possible?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I have found this scene (which looks quite promising, indeed) at Yuki Portal:

View attachment 1965420

However, despite Studio accepts it without complains, I was not able to do anything with it, not even move camera... There are others scenes from the same author but I have found the same problem with them.

I've heard that some cards authors encrypt their characters cards (which are paywalled, obviously) to avoid people copying them. Maybe this is a similar case applied to scenes? And, how to circumvent this, if possible?
Because it is an image in front of the camera :) Probably a frame or somesuch.

Reactions: osnoflax

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
No idea actually, but I found a similar problem sometimes when I try to replace characters in Studio. What I try is

-deselect and select again IK/FK. Sometimes it works, some not.
-to adjust Advanced Bonemod to default values prior to replacement. Sometimes it works, some not.
-to change (and change back again) some value in the Studio Character Editor mod. Sometimes it works, some not.

Sometimes, closing and reloading the scene (or the whole Studio) makes the trick. But sometimes not.

I don't know if any of these could be applied to your case (except the last, of course).
Thank you for answering, but I think I didn't explain it right. She looks good in Studio (the way she did in the character creador when I created her) but her proportions change now when I load her in the character creator to edit her. It's what happened to you but the other way around.

I tried exporting the card from the Studio and load that card on the studio, but the same happened.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Because it is an image in front of the camera :) Probably a frame or somesuch.
:oops:
Yes, you're right, of course: it is really a frame. When you get rid of it, there's a scene below (though not related in this specific case). However, I must say the quality of the frame is, in this case, way better than of the scene.

My problem is that Studio doesn't indicate you if there is a frame there (unless it is you who put it) so you don't know it until you select "Add -> Frame -> None" and then it disappears. (I hate to look silliest than I am, by the way...)

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Thank you for answering, but I think I didn't explain it right. She looks good in Studio (the way she did in the character creador when I created her) but her proportions change now when I load her in the character creator to edit her. It's what happened to you but the other way around.

I tried exporting the card from the Studio and load that card on the studio, but the same happened.
I figured it out! It was just the top I had selected doing some weird stuff. I think is was an "experimental mod" so errors are expected (or maybe it was a feature, who knows). Now I'll have to look for a replacement.

Thank you to the guys that tried to help me anyways!

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Screenshots via Nvidia's Ansel

function Decode just shared an Ansel plugin: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-8704490. I attached it to this post as well.

Left: screenshot, right: studio
Ansel Example.png

How to:
  • install by copying BepInEx folder to HS2's root folder.
  • press Alt-F2 to activate. The Ansel HUD will come up together with HS2's keyboard map. Press F2 once more to hide the keyboard map.
  • the rest is Ansel interface and everything it gives you. Among other things, super hi-res screenshots. You can later compress them down to smaller resolution thus getting up-sampled screenshots.
A great tool to have in your toolbelt.

Just to give you an example, this is what the crop of the native 10k x 6k resolution looked like:

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
that's exactly the guy actually, thanks for the link I'll investigate <3
EDIT: found my guy!
the mod collection is here, this guy is called Shaggai if you want him
hey again
got this dude and played around animating him a bit and I have to ask...
does anyone know a PROPER way to animate this thing? changing each FK node manually every keyframe makes him look floaty when he's supposed to be attached to a wall or to the ground.
I though of using node constraints but they just detach his body parts instead of properly moving him, but maybe I did it wrong.
Maybe there's a way to use IK on him too? There has to be a way to make his limbs track other objects' movements, or at least make them stay in the same position without detaching them lol
I'm even willing to add IK to him if that's even possible, but I don't know where to start...
I will try to look at how this scene was made first but I gotta fix my missing mods first which will take a while...so please if you have any advice I'd love to hear it :)
1659813246390.png
Hell I actually don't even know if this scene is animated, it better be XD

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Animating anything with ClipMan

Say we need to animate this little "spawn of basatan" where he moves his head, tail, legs:

HS2_2022-08-07-17-29-52-563.png -> HS2_2022-08-07-17-29-37-522.png

This post touches on the key points of the animation process. Jumping way head: here is a scene with the end result - grab it to see if you prefer to tinker it out, since the post is on a longish side:

2022_0807_1737_54_931.png

Now, an important philosophical comment: when it comes to animating with VGNE, I think the best-practice approach is:
  • Each limb gets its own clip.
  • There should be only 3-5 keyframes per clip.
  • Keyframes capture multiple FK nods of the same limb. I.e. if the tail has 15 FK nodes, all these nodes go into single keyframe. But keyframes are wide apart.
  • Clips must be of different length.
  • Use keyframe timing transition.
  • Nest clips within clips for variety.

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Animating anything with ClipMan

Say we need to animate this little "spawn of basatan" where he moves his head, tail, legs:

View attachment 1969943 -> View attachment 1969944

This post touches on the key points of the animation process. Jumping way head: here is a scene with the end result - grab it to see if you prefer to tinker it out, since the post is on a longish side:

View attachment 1969991

Now, an important philosophical comment: when it comes to animating with VGNE, I think the best-practice approach is:
  • Each limb gets its own clip.
  • There should be only 3-5 keyframes per clip.
  • Keyframes capture multiple FK nods of the same limb. I.e. if the tail has 15 FK nodes, all these nodes go into single keyframe. But keyframes are wide apart.
  • Clips must be of different length.
  • Use keyframe timing transition.
  • Nest clips within clips for variety.
Holy shit well I didn't expect someone to dedicate half their lifespan to answer me, so thank you.
I guess that answers my question then, I have to use FK. Well off I go to see if I can do this because I'm not going to give up after rigging that entire tail with S-dicks XD. God that was painstaking.
Thanks again!

Atrnd

May 3, 2022
Hi,
I've an issue with Hooh S-Dick, which has no texture. (no matter I choose type A, B, pink...).
I can only change the color on Item settings windows.
Capture d’écran 2022-08-08 092639.jpg

I noticed that the material editor has no texture available :

Capture d’écran 2022-08-08 092859.jpg

I'm not sure that my mods and dll are updated but I think so.
I also downloaded the HS2_DependencyLoader.dll HS2_HooahUtility.dll and HS2_Hooah.dll.

Do you have an idea ?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi,
I've an issue with Hooh S-Dick, which has no texture. (no matter I choose type A, B, pink...).
View attachment 1972173

View attachment 1972175

I also downloaded the HS2_DependencyLoader.dll HS2_HooahUtility.dll and HS2_Hooah.dll.

Do you have an idea ?
try install it according to the release date.
iirc he got 5 release window.
try download all of them and install it in order.
going through replacing the older file to the newer one is must.
i always go through that process every time updating the BR version.
thats why i recommend making a backup specially for hooh's studio mod.

Atrnd

May 3, 2022
Thank you very much for your answer.

I just found a version i've never seen before there :

What do you mean by : " iirc he got 5 release window. "

Atrnd

May 3, 2022
Ok, It works fine !
Thank you again !

If someone has the same problem, I just downloaded everything there on my link above.

Atrnd

May 3, 2022
Oh no !! I just noticed that my older penis mods : "cock 01 static" and "cock 01 - dynamic" don't work anymore.
I think the update process broke something. These cock are now totally black...

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,
View attachment 1972173

View attachment 1972175

Do you have an idea ?
uhhhh it's the same for me and I always thought it's supposed to be that way lol
if you can't fix it you can do the following
  1. Whip up node constraints (left CTRL + i)
  2. Spawn an Sdick (if you spawn it with tracking, skip step 4)
  3. Set a character's base of the dick (or another limb...depends on your kinks I guess) to be the parent of the base of the Sdick (choose whatever bone you want in node constraints, just make sure it fits)
  4. Set the character's dick tip to be the parent of the Sdick tip (skip if you are using tracking Sdick)
  5. Hide the Sdick in the workspace
Don't forget to place the navigator in the hole if you chose a tracking Sdick

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote