Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Is there a workspace window in the Maker? The OP was referring to the Maker, and to the best of my knowledge there is no such option.
ahhh my bad
i missed that part
yea there is no way you can get a pic of different character at same exact angle in the chara maker

Reactions: Sepheyer

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello, noob here.
I wish to attach items to my characters in neo studio, specifically my characters gripping weapons and swing it around.
I searched google and youtube with no success.
I tried linking the characters as parent to items/weapons as child and it doesn't move during battle animation.

anim > Animations > Battle > Female: One-Hand Sword > Attack 1 | for example

So I prepare, a female model, a rapier item model, link them as parent and child, then when I tap attack 1, my model use the basic blue one instead of the rapier with stabbing motion. I've tried other animation as well such as walking, running, and fishing. The model never once hold the weapon I link her.
If you linked the sword to the ROOT of the character, aka the 'folder' that encompases their body parts, that won't work, you have to parent the sword to the hand you want it to be in specificaly, so it would be something like Character -> arms -> left arm -> left wrist or something like that.
You can also use Node Constraints (Ctrl - i) to do the same thing. The interface is a bit overwhelming but it works almost exactly the same as the workspace

Gougoubro

Aug 14, 2022
Did you attach the right scene card? I was expecting to see the scene card with the fight scene you originally inquired about.
I'm sorry there is no fighting scene. The reason I ask about the weapon swaps and providing non related scene is because I want to apply that knowledge to another scene that has no relation to fighting scene nor the character gripping stuff. Specifically, I want to create a scene where the model that can hold smartphone that can walk around without living the smartphone behind regardless of nsfw scene or not.

In my search, I manage to found that in order to that, I need to break down my character body into sub categories for each body parts, especially the right hand and left hand.

Gougoubro

Aug 14, 2022
If you linked the sword to the ROOT of the character, aka the 'folder' that encompases their body parts, that won't work, you have to parent the sword to the hand you want it to be in specificaly, so it would be something like Character -> arms -> left arm -> left wrist or something like that.
You can also use Node Constraints (Ctrl - i) to do the same thing. The interface is a bit overwhelming but it works almost exactly the same as the workspace
Thanks, for the info. I'll try it soon.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'm sorry there is no fighting scene. The reason I ask about the weapon swaps and providing non related scene is because I want to apply that knowledge to another scene that has no relation to fighting scene nor the character gripping stuff. Specifically, I want to create a scene where the model that can hold smartphone that can walk around without living the smartphone behind regardless of nsfw scene or not.

In my search, I manage to found that in order to that, I need to break down my character body into sub categories for each body parts, especially the right hand and left hand.
yea, if that's what you want, you can do exactly what I've said
click the wrist, ctrl - click the phone, click 'parent' in the workspace and you're done, the phone movement and rotation now tracks the hand movement and rotation. You don't even need to use node constraints unless you want the phone to track a specific finger or something

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

See if this walking scene works for you. You just parent a phone to girl's arm.

2022_0816_0239_08_190.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Atrnd

May 3, 2022
Hi,

One more question, but this time, it's gonna be more technical, I think.

I'm making a scene with VNGE and node constraint :

- In scene 1, I want to link a hand to a piston gimmick. (to make it move up and down)
- In scene 2, I want to unlink the hand to the piston gimmick. (so the hand don't move anymore)

I noticed the checkbox to activate/desactivate the nodeconstraint link.
It works, but it's not saved in VNGE animation.

I tried to edit the vnactor.ini file, but I'm not sure about what to do in it, and my try are not successfull...

Any idea ?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hi,

One more question, but this time, it's gonna be more technical, I think.

I'm making a scene with VNGE and node constraint :

- In scene 1, I want to link a hand to a piston gimmick. (to make it move up and down)
- In scene 2, I want to unlink the hand to the piston gimmick. (so the hand don't move anymore)

I noticed the checkbox to activate/desactivate the nodeconstraint link.
It works, but it's not saved in VNGE animation.

I tried to edit the vnactor.ini file, but I'm not sure about what to do in it, and my try are not successfull...

Any idea ?
Post your scene. It is easier to do than to describe.

Atrnd

May 3, 2022
My scene is a bit difficult to understand.

I prefer to upload another one that I just created, to show you my problem :

Scene 1 : the girl move the hand up and down
Scene 2 : The girl is seated, and is supposed to stay motionless, with the left hand up. So I've to personnalise the animation and use the IK. But, the hand remains linked to the piston, the posture is strange...

(Sorry if my english is not totally understandable, I do my best !)

• Thinking Face

Edstevens

May 4, 2018
I am totally new to Honey Select 2 and the Studio. The tools seem amazing, though!

Is there any way to import a pose created in Studio into the main game? There are dozens of poses that were created in Studio that I'm not able to see when I use the main game's character creation features.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
My scene is a bit difficult to understand.

I prefer to upload another one that I just created, to show you my problem :

Scene 1 : the girl move the hand up and down
Scene 2 : The girl is seated, and is supposed to stay motionless, with the left hand up. So I've to personnalise the animation and use the IK. But, the hand remains linked to the piston, the posture is strange...

(Sorry if my english is not totally understandable, I do my best !)
Good question. I couldn't make it work.

Atrnd

May 3, 2022
Thank you guys for your answers.

I found the solution :

Edit vnactor.ini, in [neov2] nodeconstraint paramater from 0 to 1.

In SSS, tracking -> track scene environnement -> ON.

And that's ok !

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
I am totally new to Honey Select 2 and the Studio. The tools seem amazing, though!

Is there any way to import a pose created in Studio into the main game? There are dozens of poses that were created in Studio that I'm not able to see when I use the main game's character creation features.
Sorry, there is no way for now (and probably forever). Game is Game and Studio is Studio.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Does anybody know if is it possible that two Clip Manager animations form different sources could coexist peacefully?

What I mean is that, when I import any animated character into one scene with another animated character already, always the second animation replaces the first (the character remains, but the animation is lost). Is there a way to avoid this?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Is there a way to avoid this?
Normally, you cant.
But i found a workaround.
Both clips must have different name, different props, different actors.
The point is everything from single clip must not clashed with another.

You can export the clip to a .txt file containing the clip data.
Load the first scene.
Then import the second scene.
As you mentioned before, the first scene's clip should be replaced by the second scene.
After that you can just import the clip data (the clip from first scene) from file.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Normally, you cant.
But i found a workaround.
Both clips must have different name, different props, different actors.
The point is everything from single clip must not clashed with another.

You can export the clip to a .txt file containing the clip data.
Load the first scene.
Then import the second scene.
As you mentioned before, the first scene's clip should be replaced by the second scene.
After that you can just import the clip data (the clip from first scene) from file.
That's look like a good idea, however, I bump into a problem. When you export data to a file, Clip Manager warns you about future importation (see picture)

HS2_2022-08-18-13-54-18-790.png

And, in fact, I wasn't be able to re-import the data. Clip manager saves them into a file called "dumppython.txt" at the root folder, and yes, the data are there, but I can't find a way to import them into a scene. Maybe in former versions (or maybe later ones, if any) that could be done? I'm using version 37.0 of VNGE, that which comes with BR 9.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
That's look like a good idea, however, I bump into a problem. When you export data to a file, Clip Manager warns you about future importation (see picture)

View attachment 1990681

And, in fact, I wasn't be able to re-import the data. Clip manager saves them into a file called "dumppython.txt" at the root folder, and yes, the data are there, but I can't find a way to import them into a scene. Maybe in former versions (or maybe later ones, if any) that could be done? I'm using version 37.0 of VNGE, that which comes with BR 9.
My bad I didnt explain enough.
Im also using the latest version of VNGE (37.0).
By export, I mean the export you can access from the existing clip setting.

This for when you are creating a clip from file

Not this one

Reactions: osnoflax
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote