Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
My bad I didnt explain enough.
Im also using the latest version of VNGE (37.0).
By export, I mean the export you can access from the existing clip setting.
Ah, that's right, thank you very much! I get to do it now, it's a good trick indeed, chapeau!
Clip Manager (and VNGE as a whole) has so many options that it's easy to get lost among them...
As an advice for others users, I repeat what you say: It's very important that there aren't coincident data between the clips or you will get a great mess.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Sepheyer

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Hello again.

Probably many of you has noticed that some scenes shows an optical effect which make them look as if they were saw through an anamorphic lens (you know, as many photographic devices nowadays: covering a wide range look at the cost of heavy deformation in the extremes). While sometimes it could be useful, many others is more a disturbing thing.

Does anybody knows if it is possible to activate/deactivate this effect and how?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hello again.

Probably many of you has noticed that some scenes shows an optical effect which make them look as if they were saw through an anamorphic lens (you know, as many photographic devices nowadays: covering a wide range look at the cost of heavy deformation in the extremes). While sometimes it could be useful, many others is more a disturbing thing.

Does anybody knows if it is possible to activate/deactivate this effect and how?
Would you have a scene to check out?

To the best of my knowledge there is an effect that fakes an anamorphic look: Chromatic Aberration. Turns on and off via F5 -> PostProcessing -> CA

But I haven't seen a true anamorphic plugin.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: osnoflax

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Would you have a scene to check out?

To the best of my knowledge there is an effect that fakes an anamorphic look: Chromatic Aberration. Turns on and off via F5 -> PostProcessing -> CA

But I haven't seen a true anamorphic plugin.
Here is one with no Chromatic Aberration... Look specially at camera 10

Valeria at home   #468.png

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
This is a field of view change - they went extra wide, just before the picture turns fisheye.

You can check it in the field of view setting. I.e. leave F5 on, then switch cameras and you will see FoV jumping from the standard 23 to 75 units:

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
This is a field of view change - they went extra wide, just before the picture turns fisheye.

You can check it in the field of view setting. I.e. leave F5 on, then switch cameras and you will see FoV jumping from the standard 23 to 75 units:
Didn't knew that this function even exists.... Thank you very much!

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
So from the first few pages I've read about how there isn't any native way to add an animation with actual cum short of still shots and perhaps maybe vnge. Has this changed in anyway? Or perhaps is there any tutorial to animate something similar?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Low Polygon Fix

The original bodies have blocky butts. To solve this, use HighPoly as uncensor.
Left is the regular one, right is HighPoly:

HS2_2022-08-24-00-59-35-177.png
Now, this will introduce a new issue of the HighPoly models clipping through either underwear or pants, but there is a fix:

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
I've been messing around with the illustrated poses that our good Sepheyer kindly contributed some time ago (see post #240, page 12). At first, I though they were just pictures because their .png extension (I was very clever and knew that poses files bear a .dat extension), but yesterday I happen to move them on to the poses folder and surprisingly (for me) they works as fine as the original poses files.

I continued messing around and get to know that the .dat poses files are actually .png files, like .zipmod files are actually .zip files, but unlike them, you can change the extension and they continue working the same.

The same? No, better! With .png extension you can store them elsewhere and just drag and drop the pose file into Studio... and the selected character will inmediately adopt that pose. This is quite useful because you can see the .png files as thumbnails in your favourite viewer and drag and drop them from there. (You can't do that with .dat extension)

However, if you just change the extension of an existing pose file, the file will contain the pose data, but not a picture (it is easy to see if you look at the file size) so I wonder how could Hellborn (the author of the mentioned poses) make it? Maybe with an external program... but how?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I've been messing around with the illustrated poses that our good Sepheyer kindly contributed some time ago (see post #240, page 12). At first, I though they were just pictures because their .png extension (I was very clever and knew that poses files bear a .dat extension), but yesterday I happen to move them on to the poses folder and surprisingly (for me) they works as fine as the original poses files.

I continued messing around and get to know that the .dat poses files are actually .png files, like .zipmod files are actually .zip files, but unlike them, you can change the extension and they continue working the same.

The same? No, better! With .png extension you can store them elsewhere and just drag and drop the pose file into Studio... and the selected character will inmediately adopt that pose. This is quite useful because you can see the .png files as thumbnails in your favourite viewer and drag and drop them from there. (You can't do that with .dat extension)

However, if you just change the extension of an existing pose file, the file will contain the pose data, but not a picture (it is easy to see if you look at the file size) so I wonder how could Hellborn (the author of the mentioned poses) make it? Maybe with an external program... but how?
Brother, it is the PoseLoader tool that saves your poses and loads back as PNGs.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Brother, it is the PoseLoader tool that saves your poses and loads back as PNGs.

Fu... And I though I discovered something... the most I think I know about Studio, the less I know for real.

I saw PoseLoader (now called PoseTools I think) when I updated my Studio to version 9 but, when I opened it, it shows me nothing I couldn't see also in Kinematics -> Pose, so I didn't give it importance... Because, correct me if I am wrong (once again), the poses that comes with the Studio, those which have a .dat extension, are not illustrated in PoseTool, are they?

And, if this is so, you have to previously load and later save them with PoseTools one by one to have a picture of the pose, which is a lot of work, imho. Anyway, I will use the tool for my own poses from now on, of course, as well as for the contributed poses which comes in .png format. Thanks for the information, my friend.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
man I wish I had a gfx card good enough for these models but my 1650 suffers even as is
can't even handle all the grass I have in my project lmao

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
man I wish I had a gfx card good enough for these models but my 1650 suffers even as is
can't even handle all the grass I have in my project lmao
How much RAM your PC has? I heard an opinion, expressed multiple times, that the single most contributing factor is the PC's RAM rather than the gfx card. This arises out of an architectural choice by Illusion to make their games run on integrated cards. Hence, the game treats any gfx card as if it was an integrated one and rather maxes out the RAM.

I can't tell if such opinion is valid for a slew of reasons.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
How much RAM your PC has? I heard an opinion, expressed multiple times, that the single most contributing factor is the PC's RAM rather than the gfx card. This arises out of an architectural choice by Illusion to make their games run on integrated cards. Hence, the game treats any gfx card as if it was an integrated one and rather maxes out the RAM.

I can't tell if such opinion is valid for a slew of reasons.
I have 16GB of 2400MHz RAM and 4GB of VRAM from a GTX1650

though I don't know how valid that whole thing is, since keeping things loaded in memory does not in any way increase the performance of the GPU, quite the contrary actually XD

what would help is if the game engine had proper a proper LOS system which could determine wether or not an asset is rendered, but I don't think anything like that is present in the game engine since I get the same FPS no matter what direction I look on my map :-/. To be clear, there is a LOS system, but it doesn't seem to work too well.

Also...I'm not aware of any way in which a program can see or use an integrated card different from a dedicated one...I mean, providing graphics cores and VRAM adresses for the game is up to the operating system anyway...so I don't know how much say the game engine has when it comes to managing that stuff for itself...though I may be unaware here, never done game programming.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I have 16GB of 2400MHz RAM and 4GB of VRAM from a GTX1650

though I don't know how valid that whole thing is, since keeping things loaded in memory does not in any way increase the performance of the GPU, quite the contrary actually XD

what would help is if the game engine had proper a proper LOS system which could determine wether or not an asset is rendered, but I don't think anything like that is present in the game engine since I get the same FPS no matter what direction I look on my map :-/. To be clear, there is a LOS system, but it doesn't seem to work too well.

Also...I'm not aware of any way in which a program can see or use an integrated card different from a dedicated one...I mean, providing graphics cores and VRAM adresses for the game is up to the operating system anyway...so I don't know how much say the game engine has when it comes to managing that stuff for itself...though I may be unaware here, never done game programming.
Indeed, DX or OpenGL should handle the gfx card under the hood - it swaps instructions without the game's programmer even being aware of this, unless the programmer specifically wants to determine why the images do look different on an ATI vs nVidia. Especially so with Illusion using Unity, which is yet another layer of abstraction. Hence I wrote: "I can't tell if such opinion is valid for a slew of reasons."

divide-by-zero

Aug 28, 2022
VNGE question -- is there a way to link a character's h-anim Extra-1 and Extra-2 values to a cam or scene? Those settings aren't in the list of properties for manual VNFrames.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
VNGE question -- is there a way to link a character's h-anim Extra-1 and Extra-2 values to a cam or scene? Those settings aren't in the list of properties for manual VNFrames.
well, aren't those contained in the character's IK / FK data set? if they aren't I don't think there's a way to link them unfortunately.
If you can link an entire character, set two keyframes with different extra values and it doesn't animate, I don't think you can animate the extras, but do try it in a separate scene and see if it works

Jul 5, 2020
I don't know if its the right place, but is there a way to add Inner Bottom for male characters? I can't find any mod for it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote