Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Can anyone suggest why ALL non base game options are labeled "0" (see picture)?
All the plugins were downloaded directly via the KKManager so I assumed that it got the correct one. (I'm running AI Shoujo).

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Do you have HS2 BR 11?

My out of the box fresh install looks like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When I load this card it's almost identical however the clothes are clipping a lot. This is happening with a lot of my cards when I change their clothes around many of the items have clipping issues. Any idea why that would be or how it could be fixed? I've been using the Dainty Expander to manually fix some clipping issues here and there but it's a lot of work and if these outfits are loading normally for you guys I wonder why mine is different.

Example:

Last edited:

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
This might be an issue with the uncensor type. Can you go through a few types to see if this cures the issue?
Oh right yes it's the highpoly uncensor causing the issue which is what requires dainty to fix. Duh sorry I forgot as I've only just started playing with this stuff and haven't touched it for a couple of weeks. All these little details.

I guess the real question is does one need the perfectly curved ass? :unsure:

Reactions: Mr-Fox

ethanoll123

Feb 3, 2018
Hey guys, I have question, I downloaded some scenes with "dick track nearest". Probably, like most, I wanted to put my characters but if I do it, the vagina does not animate, has anyone had the same problem?

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Could really use some assistance with this if anyone can help. Several of the default animations have this annoying flickering effect on various body parts. Counter Doggy Slow Loop the guys upper arms have flicker, Standing Doggy Slow Loop the girls thighs have flicker, Anal Doggy Slow Loop the guys thighs have flicker... Many more poses also have the issue but those are some examples to see if you guys see the same thing. Happens regardless of what character is used, even on default Illusion characters.

Thing is I've seen these animations used in VN's before and they looked just fine so either they managed to fix the problem or weren't experiencing it in the first place. Are these animations just busted or is there something wrong on my end?

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Could really use some assistance with this if anyone can help. Several of the default animations have this annoying flickering effect on various body parts. Counter Doggy Slow Loop the guys upper arms have flicker, Standing Doggy Slow Loop the girls thighs have flicker, Anal Doggy Slow Loop the guys thighs have flicker... Many more poses also have the issue but those are some examples to see if you guys see the same thing. Happens regardless of what character is used, even on default Illusion characters.

Thing is I've seen these animations used in VN's before and they looked just fine so either they managed to fix the problem or weren't experiencing it in the first place. Are these animations just busted or is there something wrong on my end?
Dunno what causes it but I've had it happen and very small adjustments using the detail slider seemed to stop it for me.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020

Don't use better AA. And take a look at postprocessing if you are using graphic mod, wich anti aliasing you are using.
Try the one lower (to the left) of the one you are using and see if it gets better.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

Can you post a screenshot? Mr Fox probably caught the correct interpretation of what you wanted to say. That flickering has nothing to do with animation, thats the TIAA or somesuch, accessible via F5. I think once you have it going it, you need to zero out the presets, save, reload and may be sometimes restart neo. The TIAA due to its temporaral component contaminates the session.

Depending on the work you do, but if you do static screenshots, then there is this rather radical approach to AA:
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-9564636

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hey guys, I have question, I downloaded some scenes with "dick track nearest". Probably, like most, I wanted to put my characters but if I do it, the vagina does not animate, has anyone had the same problem?
Its scripted dick from hooh.
If the original chara does has BetterPenetration uncensor on and it does move, then you are good.
Now, I assume your issue occur when you replaced the chara with yours, right?
This issue occurs if the uncensor changed (be it the only the uncensor type or the whole chara).
Its not really an issue actually. Its been there forever.
Can be solved by saving the scene and reload it, or duplicate the scripted dick and delete the old one.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Does anyone know why the balls of the S-Dick are not hanging down when it is attached to a character lying down? If I load the S-Dick on its own and to
Probably the dynamic bones is being dumb?
Did it hang when its facing other way?

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Does anyone know why the balls of the S-Dick are not hanging down when it is attached to a character lying down? If I load the S-Dick on its own and to

Where can I find the detail slider? Cheers
Sorry, my error, it's called the "Aid 1" slider but you choose "anim" --> "Animations" and you'll see it pop up under the "Animation Controller" menu.
But the others are probably correct as to "why" it's happening and how to stop it.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
HELP: can someone tell me if DBlin faces work on AI Shoujo or if the're only for HS2? Whenever I get a card with DBlin face, none of the facial expressions work. Like I can click the arrows to change and nothing happens at all. I've tried on both studio and character maker. It's happened with a few other face types that aren't default as well, so I'm wondering if it's my instal issue or if there are limits in importing non ai cards.

testing101hi

Sep 3, 2020
Sorry, my error, it's called the "Aid 1" slider but you choose "anim" --> "Animations" and you'll see it pop up under the "Animation Controller" menu.
But the others are probably correct as to "why" it's happening and how to stop it.
The flickering is caused by the Joint Adjustment, click the char that has the flickering problem and turn of whatever Joint Adjustment is causing it (Anim > Joint Adjustment). Joint adjustment can mess up animation, its best used for still images.

I only know this as it happened to me, took me a while to find it out, I also thought it also was the other problem others have mentioned.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
The flickering is caused by the Joint Adjustment, click the char that has the flickering problem and turn of whatever Joint Adjustment is causing it (Anim > Joint Adjustment). Joint adjustment can mess up animation, its best used for still images.

I only know this as it happened to me, took me a while to find it out, I also thought it also was the other problem others have mentioned.
My man. This fixed it thanks a lot!

Probably the dynamic bones is being dumb?
Did it hang when its facing other way?
Sorry idk how that made it into my post it was a thought I had days ago and deleted while I was figuring out exactly what was going on. So at the time I think I had a strange issue happening where the balls were somehow being dragged around by my mouse cursor, and my mouse cursor was also colliding with anything it touched in the scene. Was really weird but I think the balls are working normally when this isn't occurring.

Herbmetaru

Oct 12, 2020
Rookies guide to texture-mods
Rookies guide to special textures – Nipples, Areolas, Brows and Pubes
(Part 5 attached to OP)

HS2_2022-12-28-17-04-31-929.png

Ok, I promised to talk about the details and here we go. Another part is done and that's how I probably end this year with. Next I'll work on a few mods about this topic, planning to have something to release soon (maybe a few weeks).

enjoy ... ;)

Last edited:

bigcover22

Oct 13, 2022
HELP: can someone tell me if DBlin faces work on AI Shoujo or if the're only for HS2? Whenever I get a card with DBlin face, none of the facial expressions work. Like I can click the arrows to change and nothing happens at all. I've tried on both studio and character maker. It's happened with a few other face types that aren't default as well, so I'm wondering if it's my instal issue or if there are limits in importing non ai cards.
Learned on this forum 99% of cards are interchangeable. Exceptions are caused by mods. Removing overlays sometimes helps.

Reactions: Mr-Fox
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote