Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Note that in BR11 it is no longer called Current State. It is now called Attitude. Select the character in Workspace, then Anim and Attitude is first on the list. Colliders are a long way down
Attitude, really? That's a strange change if it is still mostly about cloth status and so on. (I stick with an older BR, so I wouldn't know.)

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
The lensdirt comes in a folder and then in a zip. Simply unzip this folder into maingame folder. Done..
If the cubemap is placed in a folder named "cubemaps", it is very reasonable to expect the same to be the case with lensdirt and it is.
Check "Lensdirt" and adjust "Dirt Intensity".
View attachment 2230637
Many thanks! :);)
I should figure it out by myself, trial and error. :p

Reactions: Mr-Fox

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Attitude, really? That's a strange change if it is still mostly about cloth status and so on. (I stick with an older BR, so I wouldn't know.)
wtf
I have no idea why they made that change...as if some of the menus aren't already completely unintuitive and hard as hell to understand for beginners
literaly a pointless change lol

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
wtf
I have no idea why they made that change...as if some of the menus aren't already completely unintuitive and hard as hell to understand for beginners
literaly a pointless change lol
Agree with both of you. There are a few changes I have noticed in 11 but this is the oddest I have come across.
I have also noticed in the game itself some positions have changed description.
And in Studio the System menu has some changes: Back is what was either quit or exit (can't remember what it was before, but it was more obvious as to what it meant) and Reset (or similar) is now called Restore Defaults (again, not exactly obvious what it means now, whereas the previous one made more sense).
Some odd changes that seem unnecessary. :unsure:

Albertant

Nov 18, 2018
Guys i need your help... why when i press Ctrl+n in studioNeo say me "DisabledRecieveShadows for 1 item" daadsad.png

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Guys i need your help... why when i press Ctrl+n in studioNeo say me "DisabledRecieveShadows for 1 item" View attachment 2232381
Because Ctrl+N is set as a Material Editor shortcut for disabling shadows showing up on whatever object you currently have selected. If you press F1 to open up the mods/utilities settings window, you can search for "Material Editor" and see its shortcuts there, which you can also change if you want.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Studio Neo language issue - can anyone explain how to avoid/fix this? Thanks.
Studio neo will randomly start reverting parts of the menus to Japanese and I cannot figure out why.

Starts off all menu items in english, then after some time some of the icons for the options menu will switch to japanese characters and then the exit menu will switch from english to japanese (except for the yes/no, that's stayed in english for now).
I've searched through the plugins and played around with anything that seemed to have anything to do with translations, I've googled and searched on this site and I've even installed a few extra plugins that I thought might help.
Re-installing the patch works to reset the menus back but I'd like to know what triggers the switch since it's a pain having to do it everytime this happens.
My current theory is the scenes. I've only recently got the program so went on a bender downloading all the scenes I could find (trying to see what can be done by seeing what others have done) and I'm guessing some of them are messing with some settings I'm not aware of.

Can anyone suggest why the language switch happened and how to avoid it and also how are the translations controlled? Thanks in advance.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Studio Neo language issue - can anyone explain how to avoid/fix this? Thanks.
Studio neo will randomly start reverting parts of the menus to Japanese and I cannot figure out why.

Starts off all menu items in english, then after some time some of the icons for the options menu will switch to japanese characters and then the exit menu will switch from english to japanese (except for the yes/no, that's stayed in english for now).
I've searched through the plugins and played around with anything that seemed to have anything to do with translations, I've googled and searched on this site and I've even installed a few extra plugins that I thought might help.
Re-installing the patch works to reset the menus back but I'd like to know what triggers the switch since it's a pain having to do it everytime this happens.
My current theory is the scenes. I've only recently got the program so went on a bender downloading all the scenes I could find (trying to see what can be done by seeing what others have done) and I'm guessing some of them are messing with some settings I'm not aware of.

Can anyone suggest why the language switch happened and how to avoid it and also how are the translations controlled? Thanks in advance.
My native languaje ain't english, when I switch to my language in the iniSetting, its says:

"The language You've choosen does not have a translation in your instalation. Translations will be done by Google Translator

I dunno, but maybe there is a fail in google servides that cause your problem. It is just my point of view.
I am looking for a method to translate the whole game to my native language, and change , for example, that "Attitude"label in Studio Neo instead.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
My native languaje ain't english, when I switch to my language in the iniSetting, its says:

"The language You've choosen does not have a translation in your instalation. Translations will be done by Google Translator

I dunno, but maybe there is a fail in google servides that cause your problem. It is just my point of view.
I am looking for a method to translate the whole game to my native language, and change , for example, that "Attitude"label in Studio Neo instead.
I get that message as well when I choose English

Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I get that message as well when I choose English
In every language I guess, the point is, that the game get its translation "on the fly". I don't have the language shifting issue as
cptboofy BUT sometimes I saw a chinese character, lonely, and suddenly change to the language I've choosen.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I'm pretty sure there's some sort of "on the fly" translation as I've noticed that on char cards I download it will auto translate the names inside character creator. Awesome in my opinion. But this is doesn't seem to be that as it's in Studio.
For example, when it first happened, I reapplied the patch and boom. Everything in studio was english. Nothing was "switching" it was just english (also I never selected a language. That was the default on install.) But then all of a sudden it starts shifting.
That's what I'm trying to understand. Why it would do that. If it's on the fly then maybe it makes sense, but in that case, how do I get it to STOP translating after it does it the first time?

Sora98

May 23, 2019
Hi) I got a problem with public hair, i've downloaded male cards with preinstall public hair. and it don't remove. How to resolve it. And another one question. In HS 2 can i edit already existing animations?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I'm pretty sure there's some sort of "on the fly" translation as I've noticed that on char cards I download it will auto translate the names inside character creator. Awesome in my opinion. But this is doesn't seem to be that as it's in Studio.
For example, when it first happened, I reapplied the patch and boom. Everything in studio was english. Nothing was "switching" it was just english (also I never selected a language. That was the default on install.) But then all of a sudden it starts shifting.
That's what I'm trying to understand. Why it would do that. If it's on the fly then maybe it makes sense, but in that case, how do I get it to STOP translating after it does it the first time?
There is a box you can tick somewhere in Options that will lead to character names being translated in Character Maker.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Some cards have extra pubic hair and other hair as Accessories. So you think you are making changes in Character Maker and they have no effect. Could this be the cause?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Updating Game Files

As you know KKManager is slow: a 20+Gb update will require a few days because the speeds are about 100kb/s - 300kb/s.

There is an alternative that can give you 3mb/s - 10mb/s:

Important:
1. Grab the self-contained executable, put it into your HS2 folder.
2. Rename file UserConfiguration.example.yaml into UserConfiguration.yaml .
3. Open the UserConfiguration.yaml file and change the first line to your HS2 folder path. I.e. in my case the first line reads:
Code:
GamePath: E:\HS2
I was hesitant to use it, but it really requires no interactions at all! And while I was typing up this post the download went from ~0Mb to ~2Gb. This thing is a must have.

Example.png

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Updating Game Files

As you know KKManager is slow: a 20+Gb update will require a few days because the speeds are about 100kb/s - 300kb/s.

There is an alternative that can give you 3mb/s - 10mb/s:

Important:
1. Grab the self-contained executable, put it into your HS2 folder.
2. Rename file UserConfiguration.example.yaml into UserConfiguration.yaml .
3. Open the UserConfiguration.yaml file and change the first line to your HS2 folder path. I.e. in my case the first line reads:
Code:
GamePath: E:\HS2
I was hesitant to use it, but it really requires no interactions at all! And while I was typing up this post the download went from ~0Mb to ~2Gb. This thing is a must have.

View attachment 2239428
Does this delete files as well or just add them?
One thing I found annoying about The normal updater was it would want to delete some files.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote