Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

zir175

Aug 6, 2022
Is there a way to skip part of a VNGE scene? Some of them are pretty long and I don't feel like replaying the entire thing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
For character expressions I use blend shape presets in HS2PE (is that what it's called? I forget, and don't have studio available atm). The tool that helps you with animating characters.

In HS2PE, click Advanced mode. Then go to the Blend Shapes tab. Then, on the left in that tab should be a list of Presets. It might be empty, make custom changes (under Head is where you find mouth, eye, eyebrow, and you can change teeth and tongue too, with Japanese names but just try them out to see) and then save a Preset when you have an expression you like.
preset.jpg

Thank you, just tried it.
Seems like it totally works as expected ;) , faster and easier to access than VNGE too (y).

BTW, if you want to save the eyebrow with VNGE Pose, you can modify the file in BepInEx\Plugins\Console\Lib\posesavestate.py
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
View attachment 2335057

Thank you, just tried it.
Seems like it totally works as expected ;) , faster and easier to access than VNGE too (y).

BTW, if you want to save the eyebrow with VNGE Pose, you can modify the file in BepInEx\Plugins\Console\Lib\posesavestate.py
Lifesaver !!
TNX!!!

• Hey there
Reactions: hkproduction

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Is there a way to skip part of a VNGE scene? Some of them are pretty long and I don't feel like replaying the entire thing.
Hi!

I guess not.
VNGE depends on how the artist create it. For example I do VNGE the type "automatic", I mean, no interaction (or a little bit) from the user/viewer; some other artist do different, like "click next" every frame. If you want to skip some scenes, You have to open SSS editor and do the proper.

;)

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
You already have a sharp shadow there, so I am not sure I understand the request. Are you sure you want a sharp shadow, since you also mention "gradient"? A gradating shadow would be a soft shadow/light. To get a softer light, which produces a more gradual shadow, put a spot or pointlight above her, in the place you want, and then increase its radius size. Play around with the 'clip' properties of the light -- those fields above the strength value -- until you get the look you're after.
I got that by literally just putting a spot light aiming down - if you notice on her head it's washed out (light is too bright). That's what I mean, I can either have whatever bodypart it's shining on washed out but have a shadow, or I have good lighting on the character and no shadow (making the character look like clipart on a background).
Haven't tried the occlusions as I'm still trying to figure out what everything does (massive learning curve for me). So thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Yet another question:
Can anyone tell me what setting to tweak to get rid of this issue (hands discoloration) when using the Hanmen shaders. I have all the latest downloads. It happens to all chars using these shaders and is really noticeable on darker skin. I should mention that it was originally an issue, then it wasn't and now it is again. But no idea what I might've changed to cause it.

• Thinking Face

zir175

Aug 6, 2022
2 more random noob questions: 1) Are VNGE scenes supposed to be dead silent, because literally all the ones ive played have been. Not even a background music track. 2)What is the difference between "Load" and "import" when loading a scene from the "System" menu?

• Hey there

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
2 more random noob questions: 1) Are VNGE scenes supposed to be dead silent, because literally all the ones ive played have been. Not even a background music track. 2)What is the difference between "Load" and "import" when loading a scene from the "System" menu?
1 A lot are silent I think. Check this one as it has sound
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-9672281

EDIT - apologies, I remember now that I made this with MMD Director specifically because VNGE didbn't do everything I wanted to do (including music!). Memory is going in my old age! :oops:

2 As I understand it, Load means you Load the scene and replace everything you previously had in Studio.
Import loads the content of the scene on top of anything you were already working on. I rarely use it but it can be useful for adding a particular element from one scene to another.

Last edited:

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I got that by literally just putting a spot light aiming do frown - if you notice on her head it's washed out (light is too bright). That's what I mean, I can either have whatever bodypart it's shining on washed out but have a shadow, or I have good lighting on the character and no shadow (making the character look like clipart on a background).
Haven't tried the occlusions as I'm still trying to figure out what everything does (massive learning curve for me). So thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.
Alright, hopefully Ambient Occlusion helps you get your desired effect. If not (or either way), here are some more notes on lights:

Yet another question:
Can anyone tell me what setting to tweak to get rid of this issue (hands discoloration) when using the Hanmen shaders. I have all the latest downloads. It happens to all chars using these shaders and is really noticeable on darker skin. I should mention that it was originally an issue, then it wasn't and now it is again. But no idea what I might've changed to cause it.
That is subsurface scattering (SSS), which means light shining through the body - like in real life, it's strongest at the fingers and ears, where the body is thinnest. In your case the effect seems to be overtuned. I get the same problem if I tune the skincolor of a character down to around 50 in Brightness: the fingers look like they're glowing, especially if I have a bright cubemap/background. (When I make a character with Hanmen shaders I tend to keep the skincolor 80 or brighter, so I don't normally see this.)

Since you say it's happening for all characters it might seem like it has something to do with your settings in Graphics (press F5 to open). SSS is the most directly relevant tab. You could try altering the Dithering settings, see if that helps (I use dither intensity: 1.2, and scale: 10.0). Though, I'm not sure it will help. These settings have mostly to do with quality, not intensity.

More likely, for characters with darker skin you'll probably want to adjust some sliders in the Hanmen body and face shaders. Specifically the TransBase, TransDynamic, TransOcclusion, TransRange and TransShadows settings. Tuning the first few of these down a bit, and/or Shadow up a bit, will reduce the SSS effect. If you overdo it you might end up creating some weirdly dark bodyparts, so tune it gradually and try out the result in different color/lighting until you get it to your liking.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
HI!

You're right, VNGEis most silent since it come from "static" scenes to "animated scenes". Saying Animated means "transitions". You can include sounds and music, voices, FX's if you want. It has to be in the UsaerData/Audiofolder in order to work properly BUT i think has to be in the exact filepath if you want that VNGE be shared. I once tryed a VNGE whit music and FX, voices, etc. but didn't work :'(

The import thing is a cool feature, say you want from another VNGE a specific item, map, scene set be in your new proyect, you can impor that things into your Workspace and save a lot of time.

Reactions: Sepheyer

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Alright, hopefully Ambient Occlusion helps you get your desired effect. If not (or either way), here are some more notes on lights:

That is subsurface scattering (SSS), which means light shining through the body - like in real life, it's strongest at the fingers and ears, where the body is thinnest. In your case the effect seems to be overtuned. I get the same problem if I tune the skincolor of a character down to around 50 in Brightness: the fingers look like they're glowing, especially if I have a bright cubemap/background. (When I make a character with Hanmen shaders I tend to keep the skincolor 80 or brighter, so I don't normally see this.)

Since you say it's happening for all characters it might seem like it has something to do with your settings in Graphics (press F5 to open). SSS is the most directly relevant tab. You could try altering the Dithering settings, see if that helps (I use dither intensity: 1.2, and scale: 10.0). Though, I'm not sure it will help. These settings have mostly to do with quality, not intensity.

More likely, for characters with darker skin you'll probably want to adjust some sliders in the Hanmen body and face shaders. Specifically the TransBase, TransDynamic, TransOcclusion, TransRange and TransShadows settings. Tuning the first few of these down a bit, and/or Shadow up a bit, will reduce the SSS effect. If you overdo it you might end up creating some weirdly dark bodyparts, so tune it gradually and try out the result in different color/lighting until you get it to your liking.
Thanks so much! X2
1) The occlusion settings did the trick. Now it's a matter of learning to tweak it properly. Also, awesome pointers. Will use for sure. Thanks again.
2) TransBase solved it. Dropping it all the way down seems to be the trick. Thanks again!

Reactions: drowsy

zir175

Aug 6, 2022
1 A lot are silent I think. Check this one as it has sound
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-9672281

EDIT - apologies, I remember now that I made this with MMD Director specifically because VNGE didbn't do everything I wanted to do (including music!). Memory is going in my old age! :oops:

2 As I understand it, Load means you Load the scene and replace everything you previously had in Studio.
Import loads the content of the scene on top of anything you were already working on. I rarely use it but it can be useful for adding a particular element from one scene to another.
Sorry to continue to spam with noob questions but what is MMD Director and how do I get it? I have better repack 11. Is it like a more complete VNGE?

• Hey there

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Sorry to continue to spam with noob questions but what is MMD Director and how do I get it? I have better repack 11. Is it like a more complete VNGE?
Hello!
MMD Director is a addon made by The Great Countd360, You can get it from the Patreon Page

In there you will find a lot of information, tutorials, how-to, instalation guides, etc.
I am still noob in MMD Director, I am hooked now in VNGE but some day I will leap to make some MMDD Animations.

Don't hesitate in make your questions, There are no dumb questions, but dumb fellows that do not question. All of us were noobs back in the days. If I can assist you, I will ;)

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
MMD
MMD stands for MikuMikuDance. It's software where you can put a character (or several), give them movement (usually a dance routine), add music and camera movement. There are a lot on DeviantArt and other sites. At some point it was added as an optional Plug In for Studio. Then MMD Director was added more recently and is a more advanced version.

MMD Director is in the Optional Mods folder in Better repack. Like others in that folder, you can add it to Studio by copying the files in that folder into the main game directory (Bepix/plugins/ etc).

VNGE allows you to create a storyline with several scenes. In each scene you can have characters still or animated, different camera position (including still or with some movement), etc. Within each scene you can different frames. Characters can change poses (or animation), clothing state, etc in each new scene. There are some great exponents I mentioned in an earlier post.

In MMD Director you can add music files (or presumably other sound files in .wav format), dance (or other movement files) per character and camera flow files. The last two are in the .vmd format.

As I understand it MMD Director is an option within VNGE. It's not immediately obvious how to start it. Once in Studio select VNGE or click Ctrl F8, select All Games, Utilities, then MMD Director.
You add vmd & wav files using Add Asset.

Here's another example, this time with my Amy Lee character in some temple created by I can't remember who (probably MAS75 or Fouety) and a Toxic sound & movement combination. Can't remember who created those and it came with camera movement as well, but that was a bit wild so I didn't use it. I meant to do more with ithe scene as I planned to show turbojoe some of the things you can do with Studio.
2023_0102_0517_37_480.png

I created quite a few scenes in a previous version of HS2 with the older version of MMD but they don't seem to have ported into MMD Director in V11.

Here's another one which has camera motion (without needing a sickbag) as well as dance moves & sound. I just selected some random stuff - no idea who created it. Character is my Charli XCX with heavy input from Eros.
2023_0126_0355_30_318.png

I haven't spent much time on either of these and I'm not an expert by any stretch. I was getting quite proficient in the old version of MMD but seem to have lost all of that good work :(

I may have said it before in reply to you, but I think the only limits in Studio are your machine capacity and your imagination.

Have fun

Reactions: Kaseijin and drowsy

pengpeng17

Jan 25, 2022
has anyone ever had a issue with breast physics while editing a card? it doesn't matter if i put softness to 200 and weight to 20 or any variation of these settings for some reason one card i have has almost 0 breast movement while in the hs2 game. i can change these settings all i want and it doesnt fix this? can anyone help with this issue?

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Speaking of MMD, a nice, recently made HS2 MMD video on youtube. (I'm not the maker, but I've made similar ones.) Only thing I'd change about it would be the hair -- you can get much nicer (both realistic and wig-ish/cartoonish) hair using Bluenoise and increasing anisotropy.

has anyone ever had a issue with breast physics while editing a card? it doesn't matter if i put softness to 200 and weight to 20 or any variation of these settings for some reason one card i have has almost 0 breast movement while in the hs2 game. i can change these settings all i want and it doesnt fix this? can anyone help with this issue?
Maybe the card file is corrupted? It has happened to me a few times, when something just breaks on a card I've spent a lot of time editing, but never with the boobs. When loading a char in Character Creator you can choose what things to load. You can try loading everything except Body and/or Body bonemod, and save it as a new card, see if that fixes it. You'd need to redo the body, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Speaking of MMD, a nice, recently made HS2 MMD video on youtube. (I'm not the maker, but I've made similar ones.) Only thing I'd change about it would be the hair -- you can get much nicer (both realistic and wig-ish/cartoonish) hair using Bluenoise and increasing anisotropy.

Maybe the card file is corrupted? It has happened to me a few times, when something just breaks on a card I've spent a lot of time editing, but never with the boobs. When loading a char in Character Creator you can choose what things to load. You can try loading everything except Body and/or Body bonemod, and save it as a new card, see if that fixes it. You'd need to redo the body, unfortunately.
In BR9 and BR10 I had the issue that the boobs "deinflate" in some characters, no matter they were busty or wood-plane. I heard that some plugings can cause conflict working togheter, so I decided to get rid of all boobs' plugins. Lately I reinstaled Push-up plugin amd so far my girls are doing well

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I've heard a lot about that "Bluenoise" thing. What is that? How can I get that? :unsure:
I mean the shader, Hanmen Bluenoise Hair or whatever it's called. It can look bad with default values, but if you adjust it properly, it looks in my opinion better than default shader. Here are a couple examples I cooked up in 2 minutes. The first picture is the default shader (it's called shaderforge or something), the second picture is with Hanmen's shader. It can look better (photorealistic) if you spend more time tuning it.

Edit: Added a closeup, Bluenoise makes strands of hair look good.

Last edited:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I mean the shader, Hanmen Bluenoise Hair or whatever it's called. It can look bad with default values, but if you adjust it properly, it looks in my opinion better than default shader. Here are a couple examples I cooked up in 2 minutes. The first picture is the default shader (it's called shaderforge or something), the second picture is with Hanmen's shader. It can look better (photorealistic) if you spend more time tuning it.

Edit: Added a closeup, Bluenoise makes strands of hair look good.
Got it!!
Never be around in that settings. I'm going to spend some of my ree time fidding with that!!
Thank you very much!!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote