Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
The scale of my Material Editor window is messed up. It does not scroll all the way down to reveal all the information; some of the fields are left beyond the scroll-limit at the bottom. It's really frustrating. I know I can change the Material Editor's scale, width, and height using the Plugin Settings menu (F1). But, each time I try this the window still somehow ends up being the wrong dimensions.

Has anyone encountered this issue and know how to fix it? Or maybe I can simply ask, for someone who does not have the above issue with the window/height of Material Editor, if you check Plugin Settings and find the UI scale/width/height of your Material Editor and post it here, please.
I have experienced similar problems at times, especially with the Uncensor Selector. I am on a laptop and found just using the touchpad limited scrolling options (and alos made the game itself tricky). I ended up getting a mouse which solved the problem. Not sure if this is same as what you are referring to, but thought worth sharing as there may be some commonality.
Best of luck.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Removing all accessories at once?
Is there any way to remove accessories in the maker without having to click each individually?

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I have experienced similar problems at times, especially with the Uncensor Selector. I am on a laptop and found just using the touchpad limited scrolling options (and alos made the game itself tricky). I ended up getting a mouse which solved the problem. Not sure if this is same as what you are referring to, but thought worth sharing as there may be some commonality.
Best of luck.
Thanks. My issue is something completely different, though. My issue has to do with the scale of the UI and the scale of the Material Editor window. The game thinks it shows me all of the contents the Material Editor, but in reality there is more. When I scroll down (either scrolling on my mouse or by holding and dragging down the scrollbar on the right), to see the bottom few fields, it stops too early. So I can never edit the bottom few fields of an object's Material Editor properties.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
The node constrain is like abacus while you can use a calculator (VGNE). Your time sunk into tinkering with VGNE will have magnitudes returned over the node constrains.

I don't see a VGNE icon in your setup, so do grab one:

The module that does animation is called Clip Manager.
I've recently been fiddling with some custom animations and wanted to revisit this post for some clarity. Do you consider VNGE tools to be superior in all aspects to the other tools available (gimmicks + nodeconstaints for example)? I've tried looking for tutorials on how to use VNGE for animation but haven't found anything that really explained things well enough for it to click for me. In fact I often couldn't even get it working how the tutorial showed because those tutorials are several versions old and the UI has changed a lot.

Whereas using gimmicks + nodeconstraints I was able to pretty quickly make some cool and natural looking custom animations, using VNGE on top for camera work. It seemed that using all the tools makes for a better result but considering I have no clue how to animate only using VNGE I really don't know.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I've recently been fiddling with some custom animations and wanted to revisit this post for some clarity. Do you consider VNGE tools to be superior in all aspects to the other tools available (gimmicks + nodeconstaints for example)? I've tried looking for tutorials on how to use VNGE for animation but haven't found anything that really explained things well enough for it to click for me. In fact I often couldn't even get it working how the tutorial showed because those tutorials are several versions old and the UI has changed a lot.

Whereas using gimmicks + nodeconstraints I was able to pretty quickly make some cool and natural looking custom animations, using VNGE on top for camera work. It seemed that using all the tools makes for a better result but considering I have no clue how to animate only using VNGE I really don't know.
HI!

Well, I'm a noob in this world of animation in Studio Neo2. I started making some animations using Gimmicks and node constraints, but someday I found an excellent work from Daggoth and said: WOW! So I started to using that VNGE thing and found out this is a nice tool to make anims. First, you can do transitions more easely than using just gimmicks, example the neck movement, line of sight, stare, look at etc. You can integrate simple animation, like riding a bike, using clip manager in VNGE; You can tailor simple anims, like the "no", Yes" head movement using libraries, and can make different eviroments using graphic or Dhh, you can use several animations using node constraits in VNGE, say you want to make a movement in one limb, and in the next scene you can simply "turn off" that anim, and use another way different, same limb, same character. I think there are an integration to MMDD, but that issue is out of my reach...for now, and last, I guess the tatest version can do phisics with objects, coliders, routes, etc. BUT I've found some bugs that make me say Fuuuuuu!! ha ha.
Overall: VNGE is good to make long animations, for example two or more set of different animations. Hope this brief resume helps you. If you have a question abuot how to use some tool, feel free to ask here and we try to solve any doubt.

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Anybody know where I can find HDRI skybox for DHH? I saw a lot of people sharing cubemap for Graphic Mod, but no HDRI for DHH.

And what do you guys prefer between DHH and Graphic Mod. I know that some hanmen body only works in Graphic Mod, but is there anything that Graphic Mod does better than DHH?

• Hey there
Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Anybody know where I can find HDRI skybox for DHH? I saw a lot of people sharing cubemap for Graphic Mod, but no HDRI for DHH.

And what do you guys prefer between DHH and Graphic Mod. I know that some hanmen body only works in Graphic Mod, but is there anything that Graphic Mod does better than DHH?
HI!

I have these ones. some files are too big to upload.
I like both Graph and Dhh. But in DHH there is not possible to load hanmen textures, unless.. modify something, I don't remeber how but it was a preset someone upload here but was banned by the admins.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDITED

In a quick search of my Historial, I found this web page:

Last edited:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

Yes, the ClipMan module of the VNGE is the tits when it comes to any kind of animation. I'll take it over pistons any day. That's a Ford F150 to a horse and buggy. Massive time saving and massive convenience improvement.

The tutorials aren't really around (may be they are, I just don't know), so it takes a few hours of tinkering.

I dropped a small scene to illustrate that using ClipMan is much faster than using pistons. For example, I would never have been able to make even such a smallish scene animated using pistons - even though I can have 1-3 pistons going, I would get lost and abandon even a slightly larger affair. Check it out for yourself, the complete loop is about 30 seconds long:
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-9884715

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
HI!

Well, I'm a noob in this world of animation in Studio Neo2. I started making some animations using Gimmicks and node constraints, but someday I found an excellent work from Daggoth and said: WOW! So I started to using that VNGE thing and found out this is a nice tool to make anims. First, you can do transitions more easely than using just gimmicks, example the neck movement, line of sight, stare, look at etc. You can integrate simple animation, like riding a bike, using clip manager in VNGE; You can tailor simple anims, like the "no", Yes" head movement using libraries, and can make different eviroments using graphic or Dhh, you can use several animations using node constraits in VNGE, say you want to make a movement in one limb, and in the next scene you can simply "turn off" that anim, and use another way different, same limb, same character. I think there are an integration to MMDD, but that issue is out of my reach...for now, and last, I guess the tatest version can do phisics with objects, coliders, routes, etc. BUT I've found some bugs that make me say Fuuuuuu!! ha ha.
Overall: VNGE is good to make long animations, for example two or more set of different animations. Hope this brief resume helps you. If you have a question abuot how to use some tool, feel free to ask here and we try to solve any doubt.
Do you know of any tutorials that show how to use the most recent version of VNGE? I have followed some tutorials I found on YouTube + the Mega link but just can't get stuff to work. For example in clip manager I create a clip with my actor tracked and selected, choose all the FK and IK nodes, put her in a position and add a keyframe, then move her position and add a keyframe. The tutorial I watched shows when you press play it will animate between the two states. However with mine it just stays in one position until it hits the next keyframe and then immediately switches to that position, no animation. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but as the tutorials are on older versions I can't figure out what.

Yes, the ClipMan module of the VNGE is the tits when it comes to any kind of animation. I'll take it over pistons any day. That's a Ford F150 to a horse and buggy. Massive time saving and massive convenience improvement.

The tutorials aren't really around (may be they are, I just don't know), so it takes a few hours of tinkering.

I dropped a small scene to illustrate that using ClipMan is much faster than using pistons. For example, I would never have been able to make even such a smallish scene animated using pistons - even though I can have 1-3 pistons going, I would get lost and abandon even a slightly larger affair. Check it out for yourself, the complete loop is about 30 seconds long:
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-9884715
If I download this scene will I be able to see how you've set up VGNE so I can hopefully figure out wtf I'm doing wrong? :KEK:

Last edited:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Do you know of any tutorials that show how to use the most recent version of VNGE? I have followed some tutorials I found on YouTube + the Mega link but just can't get stuff to work. For example in clip manager I create a clip with my actor tracked and selected, choose all the FK and IK nodes, put her in a position and add a keyframe, then move her position and add a keyframe. The tutorial I watched shows when you press play it will animate between the two states. However with mine it just stays in one position until it hits the next keyframe and then immediately switches to that position, no animation. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but as the tutorials are on older versions I can't figure out what.

If I download this scene will I be able to see how you've set up VGNE so I can hopefully figure out wtf I'm doing wrong? :KEK:
Post your scene here to troubleshoot.

Reactions: thisisweak

Albertant

Nov 18, 2018
hey guys i have two questions! first one ... where can i download new animations? the second one... how can install'em? :HideThePain:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I haven't saved any scene with VNGE animation because I was never able to make it work. But when I get around to trying again I will do that. And I'll check your scene to see if I can figure anything out from it (y)
Hi

I feel you!, what you want is some clear step-by-step tutorial in how-to, isn't? well, I have'nt find none lately, BUT when I see a nice anim in a VNGE, I try to find out how the artist do that. Sepheyer hit in the nail! you can do mid-complex animations using clip manager!. let me reach my home in sunday and I will try to make some simple using clip manager and then we will discuss all the How-to, OK? ;)

Have a nice day!!

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I haven't saved any scene with VNGE animation because I was never able to make it work. But when I get around to trying again I will do that. And I'll check your scene to see if I can figure anything out from it (y)
HI!

Check this small tutorial I've made for you. hope you'll find it usefull.

First we need an actor, this time let's call te hero.

Open VNGE and save one scene

In workspace, sellect HERO, and in VNGE find and select CLIP MANAGER and hit CREATE button

We can hide VNGE interface for now. Select any pose, say the initial T pose, next go to: Anim/kinematics/IK and select REFER TO ANIMATION. Once done activate the IK (make sure the IK nodes you want to aniate be active)
Next, in workspace select HERO and in the Clip manager window hit ADD, A window will pop up and inform you that the actor will be added and tracked, next add a key frame using right click. Don't forget to "registrate" the keyframe

Go to another point in timeline, and select another pose. BUT first you have to "Unlock" your character, releasing the IK, deactivate it, select the new pose, hit "refer to animation", and "Lock" it again.

Add a keyframe, regitre it. And that is!

If you want to make a loop video, copy the first keyframe to the last keyframe. this is the result:

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
HI!

Check this small tutorial I've made for you. hope you'll find it usefull.

First we need an actor, this time let's call te hero.

Open VNGE and save one scene

In workspace, sellect HERO, and in VNGE find and select CLIP MANAGER and hit CREATE button

We can hide VNGE interface for now. Select any pose, say the initial T pose, next go to: Anim/kinematics/IK and select REFER TO ANIMATION. Once done activate the IK (make sure the IK nodes you want to aniate be active)
Next, in workspace select HERO and in the Clip manager window hit ADD, A window will pop up and inform you that the actor will be added and tracked, next add a key frame using right click. Don't forget to "registrate" the keyframe

Go to another point in timeline, and select another pose. BUT first you have to "Unlock" your character, releasing the IK, deactivate it, select the new pose, hit "refer to animation", and "Lock" it again.

Add a keyframe, regitre it. And that is!

If you want to make a loop video, copy the first keyframe to the last keyframe. this is the result:

Cool tutorial. How do you record the video that can be looped? Seems like the Video Exporter doesn't work properly with this...

• Hey there
Reactions: Kaseijin

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Cool tutorial. How do you record the video that can be looped? Seems like the Video Exporter doesn't work properly with this...
You just have to do the math yourself. If you set VNGE to run at 30 fps and Video Exporter to 30 fps then you make sure your total loop is a multiple of 30 frames and then set Video Exporter to record for that many seconds. Use the "record on next click" function and then click the play button on the animation.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote