Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I have encountered messages about missing assets in character cards, but never scene cards. Perhaps a screen cap of the message, a screencap of your scene with the missing items, and the scene card itself would help us identify the issue?
Just posted above that I think that the messages I'm concerned about are from missing poses or animations as while looking for screengrabs to show as examples I realized that the missing ASSETS ones are obvious. Look like the attached example so they do happen on scene cards too.

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
As I've been messing around with poseloader it suddenly struck me that this might actually be referring to missing poses or animations. If I understand things right, missing assets would list "name.zipmod" or something when an asset is missing and this message references an animation. Please take a peek at the below screenshot and confirm or refute that guess.
It's from an old scene that came with one of the sideloader downloads. Figures it should have everything it needs, yet still get that message.
Yep. The BepInEx sideloader definitely couldn't find an animation. Here is the comment in the code before it fires the error.
//Animation does not exist in the animation list, probably a missing hard mod. See if we have a sideloader mod with the same ID, Group, and Category
I'd check the output_log.txt in the HS2 root directory to see if you can get more information.
As I've been messing around with poseloader it suddenly struck me that this might actually be referring to missing poses or animations. If I understand things right, missing assets would list "name.zipmod" or something when an asset is missing and this message references an animation. Please take a peek at the below screenshot and confirm or refute that guess.
It's from an old scene that came with one of the sideloader downloads. Figures it should have everything it needs, yet still get that message.
Share the card and we can verify if it's just you or if it has become obsolete.

Reactions: Velcrofly

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Yep. The BepInEx sideloader definitely couldn't find an animation. Here is the comment in the code before it fires the error.

I'd check the output_log.txt in the HS2 root directory to see if you can get more information.

Share the card and we can verify if it's just you or if it has become obsolete.
that specific example is from the card below. Was included in one of the sideloader modpacks though not certain which one.
I'm almost certain at least most of these are due to which game the creator had (AI or HS2). I had both games installed at some point so I was moving the cards back and forth. Modpacks too (trying to save time and space on the downloads). May have pooched it doing this.
To be specific, this one card does NOT work on my version of HS2 Studio neo, nor could I get it fully functional in AI.

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
that specific example is from the card below. Was included in one of the sideloader modpacks though not certain which one.
I'm almost certain at least most of these are due to which game the creator had (AI or HS2). I had both games installed at some point so I was moving the cards back and forth. Modpacks too (trying to save time and space on the downloads). May have pooched it doing this.
To be specific, this one card does NOT work on my version of HS2 Studio neo, nor could I get it fully functional in AI.
The card is a VGNE file. Do you have it installed?
You can tell by the circled icons on the left. I don't believe it's installed by default. This could be the issue.
HS2_2023-01-15-17-50-00-025.png
It came up with errors but not the one you received. The scene wants to load seven items from "hooh.props.nicecock", which I don't seem to have.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: Sepheyer

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
I've never seen anyone talk about it on this thread, but I've ben experimenting with importing assets into HS2. I thought I'd share my results and see if there is any interest in a tutorial. (It's a LOT of work...)
Simplified steps:
1) I download this blender model ( ),
untitled_ydoS30N.detail.png
2) modified it in blender (the object names were terrible! I also had to reset the origin pivots on the wheels for animation purposes),
3) Loaded it into Unity (I had to modify the materials, set it to scale, and I animated the wheels),
4) Finally, I exported it as a zipmod using Hooh's mod tools.
Capture.PNG
The zipmod is here:
Download the zipmod, place it in your favorite HS2 mod directory, load up HS2 Studio Neo, and search for "AVTR" using the find tool. NOTE: The wheels will always spin until you select the model and then set the animation speed to 0 in the animation controller. (pictured)
HS2_2023-01-15-22-36-31-088.png
I still have much to learn about shaders o_O, so it isn't perfect.
ezgif-4-056381f76a.gif

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
guys please i need some help...i dont't have the timeline in Hs2 how can i get it?
Do you have the latest BetterRepack installed? It should be there by default. Would recommend downloading that as it has fully updated mods many of which require each other to run properly.

Reactions: Albertant

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
The card is a VGNE file. Do you have it installed?
You can tell by the circled icons on the left. I don't believe it's installed by default. This could be the issue.
View attachment 2314705
It came up with errors but not the one you received. The scene wants to load seven items from "hooh.props.nicecock", which I don't seem to have.
View attachment 2314716
yup, got basically everything I could find installed incl vgne. As for the hooh asset, I spent a while looking for that as it seemed to be used a lot on the older scene files. Finally got it.
Almost positive the errors I'm getting are from missing poses or animations. It was just an annoyance cause I didn't understand why I was getting them (now I feel I do).

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
This might not be the correct thread for this question, but I couldn't think of where else to ask and technically it's a question about an asset on studio.
Been going through the items list (to see what all is in there) and was going through the bdsm stuff, now, I may be a poor innocent little lamb who doesn't know much... but for the life of me I just can't figure out how the heck the "electronic bull" by ConQ is supposed to work.
I mean, obviously, it's ridden. And I can sort of see the hands going into the top loops. But I simply cannot figure out how the bottom loops would be used? Possibly as stirrups? But seems odd shape for that. I'd thought maybe leg restraints but no matter how I contort the character, just doesn't work.
Can anyone please explain it? It's not particularly important but dammit it's really got me curious now.

Reactions: bigcover22

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
This might not be the correct thread for this question, but I couldn't think of where else to ask and technically it's a question about an asset on studio.
Been going through the items list (to see what all is in there) and was going through the bdsm stuff, now, I may be a poor innocent little lamb who doesn't know much... but for the life of me I just can't figure out how the heck the "electronic bull" by ConQ is supposed to work.
I mean, obviously, it's ridden. And I can sort of see the hands going into the top loops. But I simply cannot figure out how the bottom loops would be used? Possibly as stirrups? But seems odd shape for that. I'd thought maybe leg restraints but no matter how I contort the character, just doesn't work.
Can anyone please explain it? It's not particularly important but dammit it's really got me curious now.
Like this! ;)
HS2_2023-01-16-19-28-35-692.png
ezgif-4-a7438f3889.gif

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
Does anyone know how to properly use mirror effects? My vehicle got to a certain point and the mirror effect shut off. I suspect it's cubemap related, but I have no idea how to keep the effect working.
ezgif-4-eff53ba46f.gif
It's not the speed of the car. I initially made an animation only during the mirror effect and then sloppily extended it to show the issue.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Does anyone know how to properly use mirror effects? My vehicle got to a certain point and the mirror effect shut off. I suspect it's cubemap related, but I have no idea how to keep the effect working.
View attachment 2316957
It's not the speed of the car. I initially made an animation only during the mirror effect and then sloppily extended it to show the issue.
You need two things:
(1) A reflection probe that covers an appropriate area. The area should include both the mirror and everything around it for it to mirror.
(2) A reflective surface.

For (1): You can see reflection probes for your scene in the Graphics mod (F5), bottom of first tab. The default probe is located at XYZ 0, 0, 0 and covers an area (giving reflectivity to mirrors and reflects the things in that area) of XYZ 100 by 100 by 100. So any mirror that moves outside of that loses its reflectivity. You can place additional reflection probes around the map, which you need when you want mirrors to reflect different environments. Under the Settings tab, check "Realtime Reflection Probes" if you want dynamic reflections. For some reason, however, only the default reflection probe gives you real-time reflections, the custom ones only giving static/baked reflections.

For (2): To get a reflective surface, e.g. a mirror, go to the Material Editor of the object. Set its Metallic properties to max and its Glossiness to max.

I talked about it earlier here: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-9444753

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
The scale of my Material Editor window is messed up. It does not scroll all the way down to reveal all the information; some of the fields are left beyond the scroll-limit at the bottom. It's really frustrating. I know I can change the Material Editor's scale, width, and height using the Plugin Settings menu (F1). But, each time I try this the window still somehow ends up being the wrong dimensions.

Has anyone encountered this issue and know how to fix it? Or maybe I can simply ask, for someone who does not have the above issue with the window/height of Material Editor, if you check Plugin Settings and find the UI scale/width/height of your Material Editor and post it here, please.

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
You need two things:
(1) A reflection probe that covers an appropriate area. The area should include both the mirror and everything around it for it to mirror.

For (1): You can see reflection probes for your scene in the Graphics mod (F5), bottom of first tab. The default probe is located at XYZ 0, 0, 0 and covers an area (giving reflectivity to mirrors and reflects the things in that area) of XYZ 100 by 100 by 100. So any mirror that moves outside of that loses its reflectivity. You can place additional reflection probes around the map, which you need when you want mirrors to reflect different environments. Under the Settings tab, check "Realtime Reflection Probes" if you want dynamic reflections. For some reason, however, only the default reflection probe gives you real-time reflections, the custom ones only giving static/baked reflections.

For (2): To get a reflective surface, e.g. a mirror, go to the Material Editor of the object. Set its Metallic properties to max and its Glossiness to max.

I talked about it earlier here: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-9444753
Thank you so much for the fantastic response and link to your tutorial! I joined mid-November, and my first post is on the very next page, so I just missed it. I've read till page 20 and skimmed some, but hadn't made it to your post. I'll have to give it another go. :)

Reactions: drowsy

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
The scale of my Material Editor window is messed up. It does not scroll all the way down to reveal all the information; some of the fields are left beyond the scroll-limit at the bottom. It's really frustrating. I know I can change the Material Editor's scale, width, and height using the Plugin Settings menu (F1). But, each time I try this the window still somehow ends up being the wrong dimensions.

Has anyone encountered this issue and know how to fix it? Or maybe I can simply ask, for someone who does not have the above issue with the window/height of Material Editor, if you check Plugin Settings and find the UI scale/width/height of your Material Editor and post it here, please.
The config com.deathweasel.bepinex.materialeditor.cfg file is here: HS2\BepInEx\config (Just sharing the info for all who might be interested) Capture.PNG
It's a short file, so I'll provide my entire copy just to be sure we don't miss anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hope this helps fix the issue. :)

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
The config com.deathweasel.bepinex.materialeditor.cfg file is here: HS2\BepInEx\config (Just sharing the info for all who might be interested) View attachment 2319005
It's a short file, so I'll provide my entire copy just to be sure we don't miss anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hope this helps fix the issue. :)
Ah, cheers! This informed me what the default values are. I tried to reset, and... Problem remains. Now the issue is that there is blank space at the bottom of the Material Editor window while the bottom few fields are still unreachable by scrolling down.

I'm fairly certain now that the problem involves the combination of UI scaling overall in HS2 via UIScalerAndWidescreenSupport (a plugin I use, set it to 0.68 to get a nicer UI). It seems tuning the scale of the overall UI doesn't mesh well with the Material Editor's scaling.

I'll see if I can fix it for myself by multiplying one by the other or something mathematicalish like that. ;) Hopefully I won't have to go back to the dreaded days of 1.0 scale UI.

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
You need two things:

With your help I extended the reflection. Extending the probe in the settings didn't work, so I basically cheated! The map I'm using is actually in item format. I've been experimenting with importing models into HS2. To get the full reflection I scaled the environment and car down to 0.015, resulting having the entire map inside the 100x100x100 reflection probe.
Thanks again!
a.gif

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote