Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
View attachment 2304488
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's awesome. So I see you've added these directional lights that seem to come via the F5 menu by hitting the + button? What do these do exactly it appears almost as if they suck light into them from the outside of the map, and you rotate them to collect light from different angles?

Also I see you added a skybox to the workspace, is there a purpose for this? I've tried adding skybox like this before via the find menu but nothing happened. The only way I could get the skybox to show was via the F5 Lights menu.

Lastly did you have any idea what's going on with the camera issue I asked about in the previous post? You were the one who posted the tutorial about adding lights via a camera so I thought you might have run into this issue too. Cheers.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
That's awesome. So I see you've added these directional lights that seem to come via the F5 menu by hitting the + button? What do these do exactly it appears almost as if they suck light into them from the outside of the map, and you rotate them to collect light from different angles?

Also I see you added a skybox to the workspace, is there a purpose for this? I've tried adding skybox like this before via the find menu but nothing happened. The only way I could get the skybox to show was via the F5 Lights menu.

Lastly did you have any idea what's going on with the camera issue I asked about in the previous post? You were the one who posted the tutorial about adding lights via a camera so I thought you might have run into this issue too. Cheers.
Outdoor Lights

So, say you have a scene outdoors. Let's assume it is day-ish and the sun is your light source. Hence you:

[Add] > [Light] > [Entire Map]

Then tilt it down and rotate. In the settings enable reflections. This is the sun. This is what the directional lights do - they simulate a massive light source similar to the sun.

If you are outdoors and it is day-ish, always use the [Entire Map] light until you get the hang of it, then you can start experimenting by say hanging massive point lights; for the time being those are a distraction.

But for the scene we are working on one directional light is not enough since it does not generate the ambient light. And right now, with just one directional light, the scene needs ambient light - that's what those pitch black patches around the map are telling us.

There are ways around adding ambient light. I do it via additional light sources that light up the darker sides of the map. Since these lights simulate ambient light they are at a fraction of the strength of the sun. They are rotated in such a way to light up those pitch black patches and have barely enough strength in them to give them light.

In the end all the lights have weird angles - I add a light and rotate it around until it looks right. Hence their angles are whatever.

PS Sorry, don't know about what makes adding a new camera malfunction. I think the plugin that controls it is "initial camera", but outside of this I don't know how to troubleshoot it.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Skyboxes

I use skyboxes because they are immutable. The skybox doesn't change on its own. I.e. the [Background/Sky] option does continuously mutate which is annoying.

If you add a skybox and nothing happens, check the clipping setting:
Also, the "Above Clouds Skybox" has a bit of everything in it - just move it up and down the Y-axis and you will see it changing from morning to evening:

HS2_2023-01-12-16-35-40-307.png

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Outdoor Lights

So, say you have a scene outdoors. Let's assume it is day-ish and the sun is your light source. Hence you:

[Add] > [Light] > [Entire Map]

Then tilt it down and rotate. In the settings enable reflections. This is the sun. This is what the directional lights do - they simulate a massive light source similar to the sun.

If you are outdoors and it is day-ish, always use the [Entire Map] light until you get the hang of it, then you can start experimenting by say hanging massive point lights; for the time being those are a distraction.

But for the scene we are working on one directional light is not enough since it does not generate the ambient light. And right now, with just one directional light, the scene needs ambient light - that's what those pitch black patches around the map are telling us.

There are ways around adding ambient light. I do it via additional light sources that light up the darker sides of the map. Since these lights simulate ambient light they are at a fraction of the strength of the sun. They are rotated in such a way to light up those pitch black patches and have barely enough strength in them to give them light.

In the end all the lights have weird angles - I add a light and rotate it around until it looks right. Hence their angles are whatever.

PS Sorry, don't know about what makes adding a new camera malfunction. I think the plugin that controls it is "initial camera", but outside of this I don't know how to troubleshoot it.
Thanks so much for all the help bro. You a real one.

I did actually mess with using some huge spotlights on a cafe scene before you taught me this stuff, and the results were pretty good. Probably just pure luck though! Attaching some screenshots if you guys wanna give feedback/critique.

HS2_2023-01-13-09-45-05-588.jpg

• Red Heart

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I'm uncertain if anyone is interisted, but I'm happy to announce that a weeks worth of work is complete. I converted all the .dat pose files into .png files using the PoseLoader addon. We can now know what a pose will look like before loading it and even browse the individual png files. Also included are Viable and Freelancer604 pose files.
View attachment 2299750
One can also load a pose by dragging the pose.png file directly onto the character using file explorer.
I converted over 2,000 pose files. There were a few errors I encountered, including arms that go through torsos and even knotted up characters.
View attachment 2299724
Not sure if the original data is corrupted or if it's my character.
Some of the pose files were very confusing because the orientation was occasionally ignored by authors and/or the names were generic (A22 for example) and I didn't have any idea what was going on or how to position them.
View attachment 2299735
The pose before this one was perfectly set, yet the next pose (from the same author) used a completely different orientation.

I occasionally grew frustrated and would load dicks or other random objects to help make the pose make sense. (Is this character jumping over four dicks??? (note: the dicks and other items won't appear when you load the pose)).
View attachment 2299745
Towards the end, I gave up orientating every single pose and just took the snapshots. At least the full pose is visible.
Just download and extract the 200Mb \pose\ folder to \HS2\UserData\Studio\ Nothing should be overwritten because all the 4kb .dat files were converted to 80-110kb .png files instead (the backup dat files are also included in "\pose\!_AutoBackup). It wouldn't hurt to backup the folder just in case.
These png files are tiny and will not win any awards. My model is in different states of undress (which helped me slog through this ;)).
This amazing work should be in the next BR. Just saying.(y);)

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Having a couple of issues with lighting and shadows on certain maps. I'm trying to do a scene on the "Suburban Street" map. The only way I could figure out how to provide good light to the scene is with a cubemap, but this doesn't project shadows to any of the objects in the scene making it look very plain. Can anyone suggest a better way to light this scene or how to get the cubemaps to project shadows on the environment?

Also having a really frustrating issue on this map where every time I try to add a new camera it's being added at 0,0,0 as oppose to the current position of the camera. If I restart Studio Neo and add one it works as normal but as soon as I add a second one it goes back to origin instead of current position. This is also a pain when trying to add lights so if anyone knows the fix for this that'd be great.

Scene attached if anyone needs it to troubleshoot.

Not sure if it'll work for this case but for the camera issue did you change the Spawn location in The Object settings section? (Options->Obejct Settings-> Spawn location). Gives you the option of "Origin" or "Crosshair" (default is origin).

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Not sure if it'll work for this case but for the camera issue did you change the Spawn location in The Object settings section? (Options->Obejct Settings-> Spawn location). Gives you the option of "Origin" or "Crosshair" (default is origin).
The issue with this is that it spawns the camera at the correct location but not with the correct orientation like the plugin does.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

I did actually mess with using some huge spotlights on a cafe scene before you taught me this stuff, and the results were pretty good. Probably just pure luck though! Attaching some screenshots if you guys wanna give feedback/critique.

View attachment 2306783
That Z-tilt. An illustration for: "...I walked to school uphill both ways..."

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

View attachment 2306783
Ambient Occlusion Hack

Do throw some wondering shadows onto the cafe walls, see what gives.

Kind of like here:
HS2_2023-01-13-17-03-44-047.png

Reactions: thisisweak

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Is there any thread that explains how to find missing assets for scenes? Like I'll get the message similar to:
ID Studio OICharInfo+AnimeInfo Group # Category # (where # can be anything apparently). Is there any list for what those various numbers mean?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Rai.Shu

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
Is there a mod in studio that let's me automatically adjust the girl's hand to grasp the penis whichever size it is while in a scene or do I have to do it manually using bones?

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Is there a mod in studio that let's me automatically adjust the girl's hand to grasp the penis whichever size it is while in a scene or do I have to do it manually using bones?
Not sure about a mod but you can try using the different hand positions in Animation > Kinematics > Hand.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rai.Shu

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Is there any thread that explains how to find missing assets for scenes? Like I'll get the message similar to:
ID Studio OICharInfo+AnimeInfo Group # Category # (where # can be anything apparently). Is there any list for what those various numbers mean?
In case I'm not being understood, basically every single scene I've downloaded (maybe with the exception of one or two) has assets missing. I've downloaded every sideloader and modpack I could find and ran KKmanager to auto download whatever it wanted. Only thing I left out was the map pack as it's way too big. And still any scene I open is missing assets (aside from the map or background - chars w/out clothes or with clothes that are diff from the thumbnail, weird dicks or toys, stuff like that). I figure those messages are saying what assets are missing but how do I find out what those numbers refer to? I know some of it is due to which version of studio was used to create it (AI or HS2) but I have both games and I STILL get missing assets.
I also suspect some of it refers to poses. But again, not certain.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: thisisweak

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
In case I'm not being understood, basically every single scene I've downloaded (maybe with the exception of one or two) has assets missing. I've downloaded every sideloader and modpack I could find and ran KKmanager to auto download whatever it wanted. Only thing I left out was the map pack as it's way too big. And still any scene I open is missing assets (aside from the map or background - chars w/out clothes or with clothes that are diff from the thumbnail, weird dicks or toys, stuff like that). I figure those messages are saying what assets are missing but how do I find out what those numbers refer to? I know some of it is due to which version of studio was used to create it (AI or HS2) but I have both games and I STILL get missing assets.
I also suspect some of it refers to poses. But again, not certain.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have encountered messages about missing assets in character cards, but never scene cards. Perhaps a screen cap of the message, a screencap of your scene with the missing items, and the scene card itself would help us identify the issue?

Reactions: Velcrofly

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
When I was first messing with Studio I thought I saw a slider or a quick option to adjust wetness of the pussy on a character, but now I can't find it. Was I tripping?

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
When I was first messing with Studio I thought I saw a slider or a quick option to adjust wetness of the pussy on a character, but now I can't find it. Was I tripping?
Well, you can definitely edit that if the character's body is using Hanmen NextGen shader. Just go into Material Editor, Body, and it's one of the properties you can adjust. Don't remember if all characters/skin shaders have that option, as I've only used Hanmen's in forever. Anyway, Material Editor's your friend.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I have encountered messages about missing assets in character cards, but never scene cards. Perhaps a screen cap of the message, a screencap of your scene with the missing items, and the scene card itself would help us identify the issue?
As I've been messing around with poseloader it suddenly struck me that this might actually be referring to missing poses or animations. If I understand things right, missing assets would list "name.zipmod" or something when an asset is missing and this message references an animation. Please take a peek at the below screenshot and confirm or refute that guess.
It's from an old scene that came with one of the sideloader downloads. Figures it should have everything it needs, yet still get that message.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote