Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Does anyone know how to stop BetterPenetration breaking when using certain plugins? As soon as I add the character to VNGE clip manager as an actor BP just stops working. Same thing if I just open the Studio Chara Editor, BP stops working immediately. It's really frustrating.

SamuraiJew

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone able to explain to me how "StudioMultiselectChara" is supposedto work? I know you hit shift + tab, but I cannot replace the character. I got a scene downloaded, but I want to use another character, to basically replace the original girl in the scene. I know its possible, but all the guides I see are....well, I'm not following lol. Here is an example of what i mean.

I know the picture is KK, but it should work with HS2 too right? I feel like I am missing something extremely obvious. Hope someone can point it out

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Anyone able to explain to me how "StudioMultiselectChara" is supposedto work? I know you hit shift + tab, but I cannot replace the character. I got a scene downloaded, but I want to use another character, to basically replace the original girl in the scene. I know its possible, but all the guides I see are....well, I'm not following lol. Here is an example of what i mean.

I know the picture is KK, but it should work with HS2 too right? I feel like I am missing something extremely obvious. Hope someone can point it out
Highlight the existing character in workspace.
Then click Add on the left menu,
select new character and click either Confirm or Replace depending on whether you want to replace the whole character (Confirm) or particluar aspects of them like body, hair, clothes (Replace).

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
In case anyone else had this issue - seems like when reverting back to default (AIT) it kept the deepdive shader but with the AIT settings/controls. So only reloading would clear it.
The deepdive shader allows for a sclera (what I was looking for) but I seem to have some sort of issue with changing the iris color. It will change but there's something affecting it so it comes out too dark (no detail in the iris, just the most minute hint of color along the bottom edge).
I get good results with Deepdive when I use the actual Deepdive iris textures on the eyes, and in material editor I set the Iris color to quite bright. For example, for a blue iris I might have to set it to something like RGB: 1.0, 1.16, 1.28 (just an example: it varies and depends completely on what iris texture you use). If you are using Deepdive Advanced, can also turn down the iris shadow.

Last edited:

SamuraiJew

Nov 11, 2017
Highlight the existing character in workspace.
Then click Add on the left menu,
select new character and click either Confirm or Replace depending on whether you want to replace the whole character (Confirm) or particluar aspects of them like body, hair, clothes (Replace).
lol you legend, that worked. Btw you replied to me a whiel back with some help, and in the post you also asked if anyone has the official Studio guide in english, did you ever find it? I came across it a few minutes ago actually.

edit: nvm that wassnt you who asked lol, it was turbo, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Velcrofly

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Does anyone know how to stop BetterPenetration breaking when using certain plugins? As soon as I add the character to VNGE clip manager as an actor BP just stops working. Same thing if I just open the Studio Chara Editor, BP stops working immediately. It's really frustrating.
I didn't have this problem specificaly but what I do when better penetration stops working is I select the two things which are supposed to collide (two characters in your case ig, or the character and the s-dick), click the "Object" button on the left of the studio and click "collide with objects" or whatever the button says inside one of the tabs that appeared when I open that menu.

Reactions: ninetofive

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
I didn't have this problem specificaly but what I do when better penetration stops working is I select the two things which are supposed to collide (two characters in your case ig, or the character and the s-dick), click the "Object" button on the left of the studio and click "collide with objects" or whatever the button says inside one of the tabs that appeared when I open that menu.
Nice, this wasn't working when I ran into this issue before but I tried it again just in case and now it works. BTW did you mean the "Item+" button because the "Object" button doesn't have any collider settings on it for me, and Item+ I believe is only for Hoohs items so while it helps with penetration, it doesn't help with other collider issues, such as... My characters hands do not collide with breasts even though HS2PE shows that the breast collider and hand collider are hitting each other (breast collider turned on in Attitude menu), I have to manually add a Dynamic bone capsule collider and attach it to the characters hands to make it work.

Lol yay studio :KEK:

While I'm here may as well ask if anyone has experience with the Jiggle plugin and the fact that won't work for me either? I can tell the plugin is functioning because if I put the values above 1.5 in the F1 menu, the ass starts flickering in and out of existence haha. But it doesn't work on breasts at all. Otherwise does anyone have an alternative that can help with this? I've tried using HS2Boobsettings, Jiggle and HS2PE Boob and Butt settings (individually, I know they conflict and I know they conflict with PushUp too) but the first two plugins don't work and the HS2PE just deforms the breasts with the settings I've experimented with (and barely makes a difference to their movement anyway).

Last edited:
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Nice, this wasn't working when I ran into this issue before but I tried it again just in case and now it works. BTW did you mean the "Item+" button because the "Object" button doesn't have any collider settings on it for me, and Item+ I believe is only for Hoohs items so while it helps with penetration, it doesn't help with other collider issues, such as... My characters hands do not collide with breasts even though HS2PE shows that the breast collider and hand collider are hitting each other (breast collider turned on in Attitude menu), I have to manually add a Dynamic bone capsule collider and attach it to the characters hands to make it work.

Lol yay studio :KEK:

While I'm here may as well ask if anyone has experience with the Jiggle plugin and the fact that won't work for me either? I can tell the plugin is functioning because if I put the values above 1.5 in the F1 menu, the ass starts flickering in and out of existence haha. But it doesn't work on breasts at all. Otherwise does anyone have an alternative that can help with this? I've tried using HS2Boobsettings, Jiggle and HS2PE Boob and Butt settings (individually, I know they conflict and I know they conflict with PushUp too) but the first two plugins don't work and the HS2PE just deforms the breasts with the settings I've experimented with (and barely makes a difference to their movement anyway).
Yea Item+ sorry
but
THE FUCK YOU CAN MAKE THINGS COLLIDE WITHOUT USING MANUALLY PLACED COLLIDERS?!...........
yea no idea man this is news to me
ah fuck it it's faster to animate individual bones than dealing with SNv2's bullshittery anyway..

• Haha
Reactions: ninetofive

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Yea Item+ sorry
but
THE FUCK YOU CAN MAKE THINGS COLLIDE WITHOUT USING MANUALLY PLACED COLLIDERS?!...........
yea no idea man this is news to me
ah fuck it it's faster to animate individual bones than dealing with SNv2's bullshittery anyway..
I mean, you're meant to be able to. But it doesn't work for me at least :KEK:

If anyone knows wtf is wrong with Jiggle etc please let me know. These issues are so frustrating when animating.

• Red Heart

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
HI!
I don't know if my problem is the same as yours. Mine is that, sometimes Better Penetration stops working like, well, "Ghost penis", I mean, the anim runs but there are no collider action, expanding labia, or dick pulling, you follow me?
I really dunno what cause that, or when it starts. sometimes I made an anim, check it and everything is ok. And if, for example, at the next day I open it, the anim doesn't work, like I said before, "Gost Dong", No action at all. Sometimes I change the caracter and Voilà! works like charm, or increasing the radius collider at maximum in Hooh Items tab, and then back to the original value and it works, other times no luck even doing the aforementioned.
But recently I found that, if my male actor has a BP5 Rod, when I use Hooh Tracker neares penis (or no trackeable, whatever), obviously I have to disable the default dong to use Hooh dick, right?, if I hide hooh dicks, the colliders works even if no dick is active! How is this possible? I dunno. In fact, I can manupulate the radius in the "Attitude" menu, cuz hooh Item plus doesnt works.
maybe there are conflict with BP uncensor things, or Hooh stuffs needs update, I dunno, I'm clueless.
This is a complete mystery.

SamuraiJew

Nov 11, 2017
Sorry for the double posting guys. Might be a weird question, I'll try to phrase it so it makes as much sense as possible.

You know how if you load a custom scene, the environment they've built get loaded in as well? I've been mostly playing around with learning how to build my own environments, so they mimic sets of shows I watch. I'm not good at making my own animations ( yet at least ) and I would like to watch my waifus using those animations, but on my own custom sets / locations, is this possible?

So far, the only way I can make it happen, is if I delete the environment in the downloaded scenes and build around the animation, but that is sadly pretty tedious. Is it perhaps possible to make my own set into a full on map that I can then load under the "add" section?
I imagine its not possible to save the actual animation itself. I've tried to google around, but I'm not really finding anything helpful.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Sorry for the double posting guys. Might be a weird question, I'll try to phrase it so it makes as much sense as possible.

You know how if you load a custom scene, the environment they've built get loaded in as well? I've been mostly playing around with learning how to build my own environments, so they mimic sets of shows I watch. I'm not good at making my own animations ( yet at least ) and I would like to watch my waifus using those animations, but on my own custom sets / locations, is this possible?

So far, the only way I can make it happen, is if I delete the environment in the downloaded scenes and build around the animation, but that is sadly pretty tedious. Is it perhaps possible to make my own set into a full on map that I can then load under the "add" section?
I imagine its not possible to save the actual animation itself. I've tried to google around, but I'm not really finding anything helpful.
You can build your own environment and then import a scene with the charas. Just instead of "load" chose "import" when importing a scene.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
You can build your own environment and then import a scene with the charas. Just instead of "load" chose "import" when importing a scene.
yea this right here is the only way
buuutt
if the scene creator added environments as well, or custom made maps with objects, I think those overwrite your own stuff.
what you could also do is first load the scene then import your own environment. you can also try placing all the scene stuff in a folder and moving it all to 0 0 0 x y z to get it in a better place if it's somewhere else

SamuraiJew

Nov 11, 2017
yea this right here is the only way
buuutt
if the scene creator added environments as well, or custom made maps with objects, I think those overwrite your own stuff.
what you could also do is first load the scene then import your own environment. you can also try placing all the scene stuff in a folder and moving it all to 0 0 0 x y z to get it in a better place if it's somewhere else
Yeah its given me a bit of a headache to figure out the most optimal way of importing, just more motivation to start learning how to do small animations lol.

So far the biggest issue when importing is that the animation characters are not at all where i want them to be, and I'm not entirely sure if its even possible to move them both at once, I'm facing weird issues when trying to change their location. I couldve sworn I used moved the map / scene itself, but I am not able to replicate it anymore, feels like it was a fever dream haha.

It's definitely taken a lot of my day to try and figure out a good way of doing this, but I will not give up!

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Yeah its given me a bit of a headache to figure out the most optimal way of importing, just more motivation to start learning how to do small animations lol.

So far the biggest issue when importing is that the animation characters are not at all where i want them to be, and I'm not entirely sure if its even possible to move them both at once, I'm facing weird issues when trying to change their location. I couldve sworn I used moved the map / scene itself, but I am not able to replicate it anymore, feels like it was a fever dream haha.

It's definitely taken a lot of my day to try and figure out a good way of doing this, but I will not give up!
So, to move your charas around and to keep their position you create a folder, then put the charas into that folder via "parent" button. Now you can move the folder around and the charas will move together because they are now bound to that folder.

Then save the scene where the charas are parented. Now, when you import this new saved scene you will see that folder that contains both charas and they will follow whereever you move that folder.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So, to move your charas around and to keep their position you create a folder, then put the charas into that folder via "parent" button. Now you can move the folder around and the charas will move together because they are now bound to that folder.

Then save the scene where the charas are parented. Now, when you import this new saved scene you will see that folder that contains both charas and they will follow whereever you move that folder.
SamuraiJew this is correct, though I should add that if they are animated using IK AT ALL you will need to unparent them from the transfer folder at the new location, otherwise the IK nodes will get their values set relatively to the folder which you moved, which maaaayyy or may not cause weird things to happen in my experience.

Or you could move the newly created transfer folder to 0 0 0 before adding the characters to it, that works too

EDIT: also if you want some help / advice for animation ask away. I'm a horrible animator that can help you become a horrible animator as well :-D

EDIT AGAIN: scratch what I said first, you NEED to put them in a folder placed initially at 0 0 0 and move them then KEEP them parented to get the animation in a new location.

Last edited:

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
What the hell am I doing wrong???
I followed the tutorial here (https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/#post-4529661) for the most part. Along with the following animation one.
But it's not working the way I intended.I'm trying to do some detail work on hands (like hand positions).

I set up the basic set up with IK nodes and get the pose more or less how I like it. Then I swap over to FK to tweak the hands and fingers.
The second I modify anything in the hands something happens and I can't switch over to IK any more. Or rather when I swap over to IK I can get the node arrows to move but the character's joints don't? (Either dragging or using HS2PE).
What confuses the hell out of me is that I've done this on every other body part (arms, legs, body, neck) and I can switch back and forth between IK and FK no problem but the second I tweak the hands it... goes poof.
Anyone got any ideas?
If nothing else, can you all share what your process stream looks like when doing the details? Specifically grabbing with or posing the hands? With or without animations.
I've been trying to do a reverse cowgirl pose basically if it matters.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I get good results with Deepdive when I use the actual Deepdive iris textures on the eyes, and in material editor I set the Iris color to quite bright. For example, for a blue iris I might have to set it to something like RGB: 1.0, 1.16, 1.28 (just an example: it varies and depends completely on what iris texture you use). If you are using Deepdive Advanced, can also turn down the iris shadow.
Thanks. I'll try playing around with that. I like the sclera effect deepdive gives.

SamuraiJew

Nov 11, 2017
SamuraiJew this is correct, though I should add that if they are animated using IK AT ALL you will need to unparent them from the transfer folder at the new location, otherwise the IK nodes will get their values set relatively to the folder which you moved, which maaaayyy or may not cause weird things to happen in my experience.

Or you could move the newly created transfer folder to 0 0 0 before adding the characters to it, that works too

EDIT: also if you want some help / advice for animation ask away. I'm a horrible animator that can help you become a horrible animator as well :-D

EDIT AGAIN: scratch what I said first, you NEED to put them in a folder placed initially at 0 0 0 and move them then KEEP them parented to get the animation in a new location.
Thank you Sepheyer and HardcoreCuddler

I am still messing it up a bit, but it is definitely making a lot more sense now than before, I really appreciat you two taking the time to explain this to me, I am learning more and more, it really is amazing how many things you can do in the studio, but discovering them on your own seems hard, at least for me lol. I might take you up on the animation offer :D

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote