Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Thank you Sepheyer and HardcoreCuddler

I am still messing it up a bit, but it is definitely making a lot more sense now than before, I really appreciat you two taking the time to explain this to me, I am learning more and more, it really is amazing how many things you can do in the studio, but discovering them on your own seems hard, at least for me lol. I might take you up on the animation offer :D
May be you already know, but just in case, here is the studio scenes thread:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

• Red Heart
Reactions: SamuraiJew

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Thank you Sepheyer and HardcoreCuddler

I am still messing it up a bit, but it is definitely making a lot more sense now than before, I really appreciat you two taking the time to explain this to me, I am learning more and more, it really is amazing how many things you can do in the studio, but discovering them on your own seems hard, at least for me lol. I might take you up on the animation offer :D
yea honestly studio neo and all the plugins are the bad kind of bitches to deal with...and not the good "bad kind" either. It's more confusing and undocumented than most banking systems worldwide written in COBOL...
What the hell am I doing wrong???
I followed the tutorial here (https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/#post-4529661) for the most part. Along with the following animation one.
But it's not working the way I intended.I'm trying to do some detail work on hands (like hand positions).

I set up the basic set up with IK nodes and get the pose more or less how I like it. Then I swap over to FK to tweak the hands and fingers.
The second I modify anything in the hands something happens and I can't switch over to IK any more. Or rather when I swap over to IK I can get the node arrows to move but the character's joints don't? (Either dragging or using HS2PE).
What confuses the hell out of me is that I've done this on every other body part (arms, legs, body, neck) and I can switch back and forth between IK and FK no problem but the second I tweak the hands it... goes poof.
Anyone got any ideas?
If nothing else, can you all share what your process stream looks like when doing the details? Specifically grabbing with or posing the hands? With or without animations.
I've been trying to do a reverse cowgirl pose basically if it matters.
well the problem is that you're probably not reactivating IK or FK.
I'm talking about these little checkboxes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you literaly can't have both of them enabled at the same time, so what you need to do is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
it gives you access to IK and FK at the same time as you can see, it's the only way to apply rotations and translations to both FK and IK nodes at the same time afaik

lar636

Dec 28, 2020
Guys, sorry if this question has already been answered in any message in this topic, it's just that I can't find anything related to this question, it's just that whenever I use VNGE in StudioNeoV2 (from Ai-Shoujo) with more than 4 characters, it crashes and closes (if it's up to 3 or 4 characters, it doesn't give an error), but I've already managed to use it with 6 characters, but now I'm not getting it (only crashes when using .vmd for all characters).
I close my browser, and a lot of background apps, and I have an R 5 5600x, 32 ram, RX 580 8gb.
Is there any way around this?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Guys, sorry if this question has already been answered in any message in this topic, it's just that I can't find anything related to this question, it's just that whenever I use VNGE in StudioNeoV2 (from Ai-Shoujo) with more than 4 characters, it crashes and closes (if it's up to 3 or 4 characters, it doesn't give an error), but I've already managed to use it with 6 characters, but now I'm not getting it (only crashes when using .vmd for all characters).
I close my browser, and a lot of background apps, and I have an R 5 5600x, 32 ram, RX 580 8gb.
Is there any way around this?
Yea, a known issue. You are not the only one. There are times you can load up a scene with 20 girls, and there are times a scene with 5 girls fails. Again, to the best of my knowledge there is no consistent solution to this.

Reactions: lar636

lar636

Dec 28, 2020
Yea, a known issue. You are not the only one. There are times you can load up a scene with 20 girls, and there are times a scene with 5 girls fails. Again, to the best of my knowledge there is no consistent solution to this.
Thank you very much, I'll try then, if I don't succeed I'll have to do it in two steps, and join later.

lar636

Dec 28, 2020
If some of your characters are "extras", i.e. crowd, then you can create billboards of them, thus reducing the number of characters you actually have:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-9738310
Thanks again, very interesting how you did it, I found it very useful, but in the case that I am doing all the characters are main (they will have movements), so this alternative you mentioned would not apply here, but it is very good to know for crowds as I said. It was a big help, thank you.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Paddycake

May 19, 2021
I know this is probably a stupid question, but why am I missing Studio Neo v2? I've downloaded the DARKSiDERS version of HS2, and there's only a HoneySelect2.exe in the root directory. I know I can just install the latest HF Patch, but I don't want to do that because it's very bloated and there's a lot of stuff in there that I don't need. I can't just untick the stuff I don't want during the installation (I've tried it and it broke the game and deleted all my previously installed mods). Where can I get only Studio Neo v2?
Does anybody know the answer?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Does anybody know the answer?
The only way I can think of doing this is to download the Better Repack and then de-duplicate.
But I would imagine it would actually be simpler just to download the BRP and work with that, ignoring what you previously had (obviously copy over game saves, character cards, coordinates, mods, etc).
Someone more technically adept than me may be able to identify which files in the pack are specific to Studio (beyond the exe file) but given you are chasing a reply I suspect that isn't straightforward.
Best of luck

Paddycake

May 19, 2021
The only way I can think of doing this is to download the Better Repack and then de-duplicate.
But I would imagine it would actually be simpler just to download the BRP and work with that, ignoring what you previously had (obviously copy over game saves, character cards, coordinates, mods, etc).
Someone more technically adept than me may be able to identify which files in the pack are specific to Studio (beyond the exe file) but given you are chasing a reply I suspect that isn't straightforward.
Best of luck
I've actually tried that (copying the Studio Neo files from Better Repack R4.0.1) and it works, but for some reason it's in Japanese, so basically it's unusable.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
What the hell am I doing wrong???
I followed the tutorial here (https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/#post-4529661) for the most part. Along with the following animation one.
But it's not working the way I intended.I'm trying to do some detail work on hands (like hand positions).

I set up the basic set up with IK nodes and get the pose more or less how I like it. Then I swap over to FK to tweak the hands and fingers.
The second I modify anything in the hands something happens and I can't switch over to IK any more. Or rather when I swap over to IK I can get the node arrows to move but the character's joints don't? (Either dragging or using HS2PE).
What confuses the hell out of me is that I've done this on every other body part (arms, legs, body, neck) and I can switch back and forth between IK and FK no problem but the second I tweak the hands it... goes poof.
Anyone got any ideas?
If nothing else, can you all share what your process stream looks like when doing the details? Specifically grabbing with or posing the hands? With or without animations.
I've been trying to do a reverse cowgirl pose basically if it matters.
Anyone?
Is there any way to keep adjustments made to finger joints to stick? I'm stumped. Cannot figure out what to do.

vampavampa

Nov 17, 2021
hi guys! I have a problem with the studio, maybe someone knows the solution? everything used to work fine, now the download lasts indefinitely and does not move forward. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall everything and it didn't help. the console write this:

boyizz

Feb 21, 2022
Hi guys, I have R4 for so long, and I had this problem
Also,just an additional question:

When playing the .vmd file, I have noticed that all the high heels wore by my character will automatically have its foot model reset to not wearing it- if you get what I mean

Is there, by chance a way to solve this?

Many thanks!
But I can use this solution with R4
Actually I think I have figured it out, but I'm not sure if that's the "correct way" of doing it.
It goes like this: load the dance animations, turn FK on, then unselect everything but leave it on, then play the animation.
However this will remove the breast jiggle. Although there was a time I fiddled with the IK+FK menu, which somehow magically both resets the foot bonemodel to the one wearing the high heels, while still having the breast jiggle.
But I just reinstall with R11 and can't solve the problem with this solution anymore.
Anyone knows how?
Thank you.

YeexWuwu

Dec 14, 2022
Im wondering if there is a similar but more universal 3D platform that would have more characters and more customization options like Koikatsu but with HS2 3D touch to it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hello!

I have several questions about Studio Neo2, Hope this is the right place to ask:

1.- CharaAnime 1.4.0
What does this plugin is actually for?

charaanime.png

2.- Anime Controller
The same as above, never used or known somebody uses as well.

HS2_2023-02-26-18-10-53-734.png

Also these ones, never used.

HS2_2023-02-26-18-11-37-679.png

Also I'm thinking in get a new machine, this junk is an DDR3 Intel3 relic from the XX Century whit a 2G Graphic card, I know, don't metion it :/ . Any sugestion in what to get is welcome.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Im wondering if there is a similar but more universal 3D platform that would have more characters and more customization options like Koikatsu but with HS2 3D touch to it.
Just for a starter Bepis DB has 24 character cards per page and 4036 pages. That's close to 100,000 cards.
OK, there is some duplication of multiple characters being posted with different card variants, But even after you dedupe all the Laras, Tifas & Marie Roses you've probably still got over 50,000 there. Is that not enough?
With all the modding available it's infintely customisable (studio more than the game itself). In my view the only limits are your imagination, time and machine capacity.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Hello!

I have several questions about Studio Neo2, Hope this is the right place to ask:

1.- CharaAnime 1.4.0
What does this plugin is actually for?

charaanime.png

2.- Anime Controller
The same as above, never used or known somebody uses as well.

HS2_2023-02-26-18-10-53-734.png

Also these ones, never used.

HS2_2023-02-26-18-11-37-679.png

Also I'm thinking in get a new machine, this junk is an DDR3 Intel3 relic from the XX Century whit a 2G Graphic card, I know, don't metion it :/ . Any sugestion in what to get is welcome.
Never tried any of these. I wonder if the second could be something to do with linking say character A's hand to character B's, say, breast. Need to find time to have a play.

Reactions: Kaseijin

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
I did a search, i didn't see an answer. Is there a way to import your characters in less clothing or do you have to make special cards with the attire you want to see them in the scene. Mostly the scenes you guys share, and I want to put my own girls in the scene.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I did a search, i didn't see an answer. Is there a way to import your characters in less clothing or do you have to make special cards with the attire you want to see them in the scene. Mostly the scenes you guys share, and I want to put my own girls in the scene.
2 Options available:
1) Click Anim --> Attitude --> then select or deselect the clothing items you want on or off.
2) Assuming you have all the mods installed you can replace clothing (or hair or body or accessories) with those of another character by clicking Add ->female (or male depending what type of character you want) ->pick the character who has the items you want to use and then below where it says change character there's a little window with a list of things to replace. Select the clothing option and then replace and it should swap the outfits.
there may be other ways but these are the two I know.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote