Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Thanks for the analysis.
I guess it all comes down to personal taste. I like cards to look like real people / characters as much as possible. So I think face overlays and often body overlays are important to reflect freckles, moles, tattoos, etc.
I have no objection to a creator using overlays to perfect any parts of the anatomy they want to. If they share and we download and find the card is too big for our taste we can always remove items.
I'm by no means saying don't use overlays. I 100% prefer realism, or better yet "accuracy" in the models (like when doing fictional characters). So I leave the overlays that affect appearance alone.
But I'd like to encourage people to optimize the overlays if possible. Like if it's a small area or a part that isn't visible easily, there's no need for a 5 meg overlay.
I'm not exagerating about some of the overlays being unnecessarily bloated. Also some of them literally don't seem to do anything at all, so I've no idea what the purpose of a 10MB blank overlay would have.

Parmenion1405

Dec 27, 2017
FOI the YouTube Video Linked first in the Main post made by Lavalamp is on private settings and therefore not viewable

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
So In the Workspace I want to organize so it's not so cluttered and I noticed you can make a folder. How do I rename it and how do I put stuff in it cause I can't seem to figure, I don't know if I'm stupid or something. Or if not the folder if there's any other way to better organize the workspace.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
So In the Workspace I want to organize so it's not so cluttered and I noticed you can make a folder. How do I rename it and how do I put stuff in it cause I can't seem to figure, I don't know if I'm stupid or something. Or if not the folder if there's any other way to better organize the workspace.
To rename, select it and click anim menu. It's also applies for Camera.
To put stuff inside, do multi select (folder first then stuff to be put inside) then click "parent" at workspace menu and "release" to remove it.
You can also rename object with "Shift+R", but this for more stuff that you cant rename in anim menu.
For the lighting, you can rename it in GraphicMod window. Even you rename it using Shift+R, it wont be renamed there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT : there is no such thing as hierarchical priority, but when putting some stuff inside a folder, your clicking order will become the stuff order inside.
For example, your multi selection order are : folder, object A, object C, object E, object D, object B. Your folder inside will be ordered like that, not auto sorted by name or whatever.
Also duplicating object with copy button in workspace window, the duplicated object will stay inside the folder, but it will be at the most bottom.

Last edited:

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
Is there a way to combine or use more than one map at a time? Or does anyone know any good skyboxes and/or backgrounds to use?

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Kaseijin

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Is there a way to combine or use more than one map at a time? Or does anyone know any good skyboxes and/or backgrounds to use?
I'm not aware of a way of doing exactly what you ask. However a number of "maps" are shared as scenes. In that instance you could combine 2 using the import function rather than loading the second scene.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hi!
Well, yes and no.
Yes you can "combine" somehow several maps, AS LONG AS They come from an scene, like thoses in the , I have extracted several good maps, like classroms, livingrooms, parks, office, etc. Those maps I'm talking about are included in "Folders" within the scene file.
No, you can't, when the maps come from the "Add/map" menu in studio Neo. You only can use one map per instance, BUT you can switch between maps using VNFrames under VNGE environtment.
And finally, you can combine both methods aud make a complete scene, My last works used two different studio maps and two different "folder" maps.

Reactions: Velcrofly

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
Hi!
Well, yes and no.
Yes you can "combine" somehow several maps, AS LONG AS They come from an scene, like thoses in the , I have extracted several good maps, like classroms, livingrooms, parks, office, etc. Those maps I'm talking about are included in "Folders" within the scene file.
No, you can't, when the maps come from the "Add/map" menu in studio Neo. You only can use one map per instance, BUT you can switch between maps using VNFrames under VNGE environtment.
And finally, you can combine both methods aud make a complete scene, My last works used two different studio maps and two different "folder" maps.
What's VNFrames and VNGE environment? Are those mods?

• Hey there
Reactions: Kaseijin

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Hey, guys!
I'm kinda trying to migrate from HS1. So far I've got myself a pretty big repack and I have a few questions about Studio v2.
It's hard to use almost the same looking soft, and not have the same tools I had in HS1. But maybe that's because I haven't found the right mods yet, or the correct keybinds or settings.

I've found and installed the stuff I needed the most - VideoExport and Timeline mod, and some other utility tools that I had in HS1, but some things are missing. Would like some help!

1. In HS1 Studio I had the ability to press "Right-Shift" to quickly change whatever clothes the character was wearing, can't find anything like this in Studio v2:

HS1 Studio
Screenshot_1.jpg

Is the only way to change clothes for the character is by exiting the Studio v2 and creating another outfit in the creator, then re-launching the Studio v2?

2. This big window was very helpful both in Studio and in character creator, hotkey "~". In Studio I used this to quickly reposition the eyes, to make ahegao faces or anything with the eyes really. In character creator, this window helped me with switching clothes to "half-naked" state to see how it would look like. Can't find anything like this in HS2, sadly. Is there no way to check the half-dressed state in character creator in HS2? I only found the "clothed"-"naked" button in creator.

HS1 Studio
Screenshot_3.jpg

3. In HS1 studio, I used the "G" button to quickly drag the characters along XY axes. I can't seem to find the mod for it in Studio v2, and the one mod I have, it only allows moving characters in one dimension per keybind, so I have to use "Y" to change the X coord, and "I" to change the Y coord, one by one. Very sadge.

HS1 Studio
ezgif.com-crop.gif

There's probably gonna be more, I just got started 2 days ago.
If you have good utility mod suggestions, I'll take everything, can't have enough.
Overall, HS2 has a way better variety of character faces, especially males. And I've got some really cute female characters and they even have different styles like more realistic or more cartoony, love it! Just lacking the Studio usability for now :HideThePain:

I'll tag some people that I think can help me, pls don't be mad :oops: If you don't have time, it's okay

redknight00 hun hunter NiiChan Prvrt Ekko MoolahMilk

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Hey, guys!
I'm kinda trying to migrate from HS1. So far I've got myself a pretty big repack and I have a few questions about Studio v2.
It's hard to use almost the same looking soft, and not have the same tools I had in HS1. But maybe that's because I haven't found the right mods yet, or the correct keybinds or settings.

I've found and installed the stuff I needed the most - VideoExport and Timeline mod, and some other utility tools that I had in HS1, but some things are missing. Would like some help!

1. In HS1 Studio I had the ability to press "Right-Shift" to quickly change whatever clothes the character was wearing, can't find anything like this in Studio v2:

HS1 Studio
View attachment 2768190

Is the only way to change clothes for the character is by exiting the Studio v2 and creating another outfit in the creator, then re-launching the Studio v2?

2. This big window was very helpful both in Studio and in character creator, hotkey "~". In Studio I used this to quickly reposition the eyes, to make ahegao faces or anything with the eyes really. In character creator, this window helped me with switching clothes to "half-naked" state to see how it would look like. Can't find anything like this in HS2, sadly. Is there no way to check the half-dressed state in character creator in HS2? I only found the "clothed"-"naked" button in creator.

HS1 Studio
View attachment 2768191

3. In HS1 studio, I used the "G" button to quickly drag the characters along XY axes. I can't seem to find the mod for it in Studio v2, and the one mod I have, it only allows moving characters in one dimension per keybind, so I have to use "Y" to change the X coord, and "I" to change the Y coord, one by one. Very sadge.

HS1 Studio
View attachment 2768211

If you have good utility mod suggestions, I'll take everything, can't have enough.
Overall, HS2 has a way better variety of character faces, especially males. And I've got some really cute female characters and they even have different styles like more realistic or more cartoony, love it! Just lacking the Studio usability for now :HideThePain:

I'll tag some people that I think can help me, pls don't be mad :oops: If you don't have time, it's okay

I'm guessing this is not the complete repack? Where did you get the download, btw?
The complete ones have everything ready for you.

Reactions: AdventAnyx

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
What's VNFrames and VNGE environment? Are those mods?
Well, I am not as expert in this branch but i'll try my best in explain:
VNGE is a kind of scene editor, and yes, it is an optional mod. say you know how to make an scene, right? Actors, props, animations, and so, VNGE helps to make an even more complete scene using only the unique actors and props. VNGE means "Visual Novel Graphic Engine".
Here are the links to read more:
(overall releases, tutorials, kernel dev, SSS development most)
(VNAnime aka Clip Manager dev, VNSound, VNText, new properties support, MMDD dev)

VNFrames is a kind of "code" that tells VNGE what to do with a wide variety of scene items, from actors, props and environment. you can, for example, make your actor do a simple animation, like raise the hand or roll the eyes from scene to scene, make lights go from on to off, and switch from maps to maps. VNFrames, like VNAnim and other "codes" that don't remember the name right now are the library of codes that helps you to make a nice scene, You can make floating like-comic texts, make smooth transtitions, add effects, add sounds, run animations, and much more. Really I am only an amateur but i am sure there are more artist out there that can tell you how this addon works

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hey, guys!

HS1 Studio
View attachment 2768190

HS1 Studio
View attachment 2768191

HS1 Studio
View attachment 2768211

I'm guessing this is not the complete repack? Where did you get the download, btw?
As NiiChan said, if you have everything ready if you downloaded BetterRepack.

As for you question.
1. There is a plugin called something like CharaMakerStudio. The shortcut is Shift+D.
As it named, you can change everything about the chara in the studio and even save it into a card.

2. I dont think there is a plugin like that in HS2. But I think the closest plugin is HS2PE (HS2 Pose Editor). Basically it provides the access for FK and IK, but you can access more stuff in the advanced window such as bone editor, collider, blendshapes etc. But if compared with the one in your screenshot, I'm not sure if it's something you're looking for.

3. Im not sure about this as I always slide my cursor at position, rotation and scale number at bottom left window.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
As NiiChan said, if you have everything ready if you downloaded BetterRepack.
Huh, apparently I'm a fucking caveman, didn't even know the name of it :HideThePain:
Looks like my repack is based on R8 of BetterRepack and is built around ModOrganizer instead. So it has most of the Utility mods but probably not all of them. Need to do more research...

As for you question.
1. There is a plugin called something like CharaMakerStudio. The shortcut is Shift+D.
As it named, you can change everything about the chara in the studio and even save it into a card.

2. I dont think there is a plugin like that in HS2. But I think the closest plugin is HS2PE (HS2 Pose Editor). Basically it provides the access for FK and IK, but you can access more stuff in the advanced window such as bone editor, collider, blendshapes etc. But if compared with the one in your screenshot, I'm not sure if it's something you're looking for.

3. Im not sure about this as I always slide my cursor at position, rotation and scale number at bottom left window.
1. Hey, thanks! Shift+D worked and looks like it's way more useful compared to what HS1 had. That's what I came here for - some hidden KNOWLEDGE! :p
2. Yeah HS2PE is basically the same as it was in HS1, I think. Not exactly as easy to play with eyes in there. New use for it would probably be making the facial expressions. Looks like they cut out a lot of them out of standard UI: only like 8 eye expressions left, compared to ~40 in HS1, weird. Same with mouth. So there's no way to see the "half-dressed" clothes state from chara creator in the main game?
3. One hot-key was way more convenient to use than mouse clicking those little buttons 1by1 :cry:

Thanks guys.
Looks like I'll have to look into that BetterRepack thing and see if the latest release is better than my current repack.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Huh, apparently I'm a fucking caveman, didn't even know the name of it :HideThePain:
Looks like my repack is based on R8 of BetterRepack and is built around ModOrganizer instead. So it has most of the Utility mods but probably not all of them. Need to do more research...
The latest Repack is DX R13. The latest non-DX repack is Repack 9. DX is the expansion, so the repack numbering reset to R1 back then and now is at R13.
I dont think you will confused with it, but I'm just giving a clarification.

So there's no way to see the "half-dressed" clothes state from chara creator in the main game?
Use G to bring out Gravure Window in the chara maker.

One hot-key was way more convenient to use than mouse clicking those little buttons 1by1 :cry:
Well I dont like uneven number :LOL:.
Also sometimes those uneven number could lead to glitching animation when I'm working on VNAnime. So I prefer typing the number I want one by one.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
The latest Repack is DX R13. The latest non-DX repack is Repack 9. DX is the expansion, so the repack numbering reset to R1 back then and now is at R13.
I dont think you will confused with it, but I'm just giving a clarification.
Yeah I found the Discord server, will take a look later, thanks!
Trying to navigate this thing for now.
Is there a quick fix for this stuff? Some tops have this bug and some don't
Screenshot_4.jpg

Use G to bring out Gravure Window in the chara maker.
Another great one! I even have the mods for it, just how the f am I supposed to know the keybinds? :HideThePain:
Thank you

Well I dont like uneven number :LOL:.
Also sometimes those uneven number could lead to glitching animation when I'm working on VNAnime. So I prefer typing the number I want one by one.
Ah, everyone's got their own inner perfectionist with it's own hidden debuffs, I respect that :LUL:

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote