Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Could anybody f

It was a vanilla version, then I modded it.
I was wondering"
E:\HS2 Vanilla\BepInEx\plugins\Console\Lib\scenesavestate.py:2301: SyntaxWarning: name '_sc' is assigned to before global declaration

global _sc
"this. What is "_sc" in it?
If you want to start off using the vanilla (steam) version, make sure you install either ManlyMarco's HF patch or Better Repack steam patch. If you install it, it will install everything off the bat.

The better repack has vnge included in the "optional" folder so you don't need to look for it.
But looking at your file structure up there, it doesn't look like a proper steam install OR a better repack install. Did you download from a torrent site or some such? if you did, just nuke it and download betterrepack. It will ultimately take less time than trying to figure out what you did up there.

RougeComet

Oct 3, 2022
If you want to start off using the vanilla (steam) version, make sure you install either ManlyMarco's HF patch or Better Repack steam patch. If you install it, it will install everything off the bat.

The better repack has vnge included in the "optional" folder so you don't need to look for it.
But looking at your file structure up there, it doesn't look like a proper steam install OR a better repack install. Did you download from a torrent site or some such? if you did, just nuke it and download betterrepack. It will ultimately take less time than trying to figure out what you did up there.
I already have the BetterRepack R13, it's working fine but stuffed with many mods that I don't want. Then I saw these patching and mods installing guide on Hgames Wiki.

I downloaded the vanilla game from sukebei site. Patched the game just as the guide said.

Then I followed the modding guide except using the plugins' latest versions. Everything went well until some of the plugin creaters stopped updating or deleted their pages. I managed to find the plugins elsewhere and they worked as expected.

The VNGE works using hot key Ctrl+F8 once installed, but the VNGE buttons only show up after 3 studio reboots. Once they showed up, they won't disappear.

RougeComet

Oct 3, 2022
Why don't you just get the BetterRepack anyway?
It's modded already and has everything you need including that VNGE plugin.
I was coming from BetterRepack R13, some of its pluggins are outdated, like the DHH lacking of SSS and generate wrong screen space reflections(reflection distance limited to 100). Maybe the R13 works for everyone, but not the best.

The VNGE works using hot key Ctrl+F8 once installed, but the VNGE buttons only show up after 3 studio reboots. Once they showed up, they won't disappear. I'm not aware of this at thebeginning.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Does anyone know why my scripted dick mod doesn't work which the color of those penis always appear white?
That's hooh's mods and plugin.
Try check his plugin named HS2_hooah.dll, HS2_hooahUtility.dll and Aura2_Core.dll.
His mods and plugin are prone to error, that issue was very common back then.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Does anyone know why my scripted dick mod doesn't work which the color of those penis always appear white?
On top of what AmaNo04 said, you have to color them yourself. I had the same issue when I first started using it. If you search for my posts from not too long ago you'll find all the info.
Short version, click the dick in workspace, then click anim and set the color options to some value of grey. It's counter intuitive, but try it and you'll see it works mostly. One of the dick variants never worked for me so first try it with the scripted variants as I know they work.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
How the hell to stop "auto-target" ???

I've been having an issue when if I'm doing a scene and I use the "Auto-target" feature I can't turn it off afterwards. So if I want to use node constraints, I can't cause the auto target keeps respawning with whatever it was when I set it originally.
Any ideas on why it happens and how to stop it?

valley.hi.

Aug 8, 2022
Hi, sorry I couldn't find the answer so decided to ask here. I've installed a couple of new mods but when I try to use them in Character Creator I see no sliders/control whatsoever What could be the issue here?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi, sorry I couldn't find the answer so decided to ask here. I've installed a couple of new mods but when I try to use them in Character Creator I see no sliders/control whatsoever What could be the issue here?
So you're saying that you installed a new mods and they broke your Pregnancy+ plugin?
What mods did you installed?

valley.hi.

Aug 8, 2022
So you're saying that you installed a new mods and they broke your Pregnancy+ plugin?
What mods did you installed?
I installed a bunch of them and the Pregnancy mod was among the last ones. Unfortunately I don't know what broke what. So now I wonder if I should delete everything and start from scratch...? Or is there a way to fix it?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I installed a bunch of them and the Pregnancy mod was among the last ones. Unfortunately I don't know what broke what. So now I wonder if I should delete everything and start from scratch...? Or is there a way to fix it?
But Pregnancy+ should be included in the repack already. Why'd you install it by yourself?
I will just go for fresh install at that point. Note that you have to get the BetterRepack. It has everything you need already.

Reactions: valley.hi.

terza

Apr 2, 2021
I'm completely new here. I downloaded BetterRepack R13 and started the game and then after I clicked on Tifa and 2B (literally almost everything) like in the picture what I got was complete madness. I thought the R13 would be ready to go but do I have to install something first? Is there a guide for beginners so I can finally get something started? And how can I get a full-scene game here?
ask1.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I'm completely new here. I downloaded BetterRepack R13 and started the game and then after I clicked on Tifa and 2B (literally almost everything) like in the picture what I got was complete madness. I thought the R13 would be ready to go but do I have to install something first? Is there a guide for beginners so I can finally get something started? And how can I get a full-scene game here?
View attachment 2822531
Hi!
You need an specific card to use on a specific head.
You (occasionally)can not make a new car from-scratch using simply a head, you also need the card.
That is, for my point of view, the biggest problem when I want to make character cards. It should have only the face types and cards one have in the machine, not all those empty do-not-use-this spaces.

• Red Heart
Reactions: terza

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
View attachment 2822531
To expand on what AmanoNo04 said above, since you're a newbie in the game, the facial types are divided into two broad categories: 01 - facial types that can be used on any character. These are designed to be modified and adjusted as you want.
02 - custom cards. These are facial types that are paired with custom character cards and can only be used with them. I tend to avoid them since they sometimes don't allow the face movements like opening/closing mouth or eyes but sometimes it's the only way to get an accurate representation of a specific character when you're going for accuracy.
There's some other items that work the same, namely hairstyles for example.

• Red Heart

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Hi!
You need an specific card to use on a specific head.
You (occasionally)can not make a new car from-scratch using simply a head, you also need the card.
That is, for my point of view, the biggest problem when I want to make character cards. It should have only the face types and cards one have in the machine, not all those empty do-not-use-this spaces.
Dang it, you beat me. I got distracted by a call mid typing. :D

terza

Apr 2, 2021
Thank you all! It's the first time in my life attempting to create art and it's functions, and after trying to read the guide in this thread, my brain malfunctioned quite fast. So, I was wondering if there are any other channel guides besides Lavalamp22 that you guys could recommend to me. If not, I'll have to keep asking questions in this thread. I hope you don't mind!

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Thank you all! It's the first time in my life attempting to create art and it's functions, and after trying to read the guide in this thread, my brain malfunctioned quite fast. So, I was wondering if there are any other channel guides besides Lavalamp22 that you guys could recommend to me. If not, I'll have to keep asking questions in this thread. I hope you don't mind!
Good place to start is the first page of this thread. https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/
It has a lot of links to tutorials.

• Red Heart

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
I'm trying to use the Hooh dick but I'm having trouble matching the skin color. Anyone got tricks or a way to find out the body skin color and put it on the hooh dick?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote