Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

coolhatterman123

May 2, 2023
IIRC it's included in sideloader modpack, maybe you want to uodate your repack version. What version you're running currently? We're at repack 14 right now.

It's because that chara is using Next Gen Shader and you haven't activated SSS in GraphicMod.
I think I'm on repack 14, or it says so in the InitSetting.exe

Will try the GraphicMod right now, Thank you!

Herbmetaru

Oct 12, 2020
Rookies guide gets under the skin
Hanmen Shader and SubsurfaceScattering
. MetaruGuide .

I guess, many are using SSS in GraphicsMod or the settings in Hanmens Shaders with OutOfTheBox values. Since character creation, when both are used and adjusted, I'm trying to give a basic overview about what those things are doing. I am not trying to tell what you have to do, I only want to show options we have and can easily use. Some things require quite a bid of work, I myself am not using all options allways.
This is again mostly written to be folowed while using the character creation, though it might have some new ideas for those, that are using GM and Hanmens Shaders for years when just read through. Most stuff I learned from try and error, backed up by reading about it.
(based on Version Next-Gen Shaders 2.0, since it's the current free version)

When using as a kind of workshop:
I added an archive with
  • textures to be used in the Material Editor
  • assets, that include the starting (Creata Dun) and the final (Creata Go) chara and a preset I was using
I can't share the cubemap, those are to big for this serever. I used puresky8k.cube (one of my favorites)

creataP.png

I would really appreciate feadback (reply or PM). If there's interest, i could add a few more things, talking about the textures and maps in more detail.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. MetaruGuide .

Last edited:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

I guess, many are using SSS in GraphicsMod or the settings in Hanmens Shaders with OutOfTheBox values. Since character creation, when both are used and adjusted, I'm trying to give a basic overview about what those things are doing. I am not trying to tell what you have to do, I only want to show options we have and can easily use. Some things require quite a bid of work, I myself am not using all options allways.
This is again mostly written to be folowed while using the character creation, though it might have some new ideas for those, that are using GM and Hanmens Shaders for years when just read through. Most stuff I learned from try and error, backed up be reading about it.
I added an archive with
  • assets, that include the starting (Creata Dun) and the final (Creata Go) chara and a preset I was using
I can't share the cubemap, those are to big for this serever. I used puresky8k.cube (one of my favorites)

View attachment 3073822

I would really appreciate feadback (reply or PM). If there's interest, i could add a few more things, talking about the textures and maps in more detail.

MetaruGuide
Thank you. Please give me a few days to tinker with the guide.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

This is again mostly written to be folowed while using the character creation, though it might have some new ideas for those, that are using GM and Hanmens Shaders for years when just read through. Most stuff I learned from try and error, backed up be reading about it.
I added an archive with

View attachment 3073822

MetaruGuide
Can you please let us know where do you put the tattoo textures? Do you change the skin and plop a tattoo there, or do you use one of the overlay slots? Or something else?

Herbmetaru

Oct 12, 2020
Can you please let us know where do you put the tattoo textures? Do you change the skin and plop a tattoo there, or do you use one of the overlay slots? Or something else?
yeah, should make that a bit more clear but i wrote about it:
I used the veins. That tattoo is build in the SubsurfaceAlbedo (04_head_2048_SubsurfaceAlbedo_veins.png)
That's how i made it customizable: (veins) color,/(veins) opacity and blur via SSS

When I use that on the body, I have to scrifice the veins, the head has non anyway by default.

Reactions: Sepheyer

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
Try this thread, it deals with Honey Select 2's studio component, called Studio 2 NEO: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

That's where you can create scenes, stories, animations. If you are into MMD then you can MMD your girls too, here's what can be done but requires massive amounts of time. Tho you can "easily" reuse someone else's animation with your characters:

so i think i have figured this out -
you create individual scenes and save them
then you use vnge to order them?

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
Does anyone have any good tutorials on how to arrange/animate the h scenes? Think that i am getting there - but I am not doing it right. Is there a pdf? Or i need to join Koikatsu discord?

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Hey, guys, got a quick question - I have the screenshot manager enabled and also have the UserData/cap folder, but whenever I make a render, the cap folder is always empty. Any ideas?

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
Hey, guys, got a quick question - I have the screenshot manager enabled and also have the UserData/cap folder, but whenever I make a render, the cap folder is always empty. Any ideas?
When you make one, do you see the path flash in the top left corner? Does it match where you think it is?

Reactions: Scorn.

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
When you make one, do you see the path flash in the top left corner? Does it match where you think it is?
I checked and everything matches, yes
update: I must've pressed the key about 20 times, but only one render showed up in the Cap folder, it's strange.

Last edited:

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
update: I must've pressed the key about 20 times, but only one render showed up in the Cap folder, it's strange.
Ok, sounds to me you have a....the system kind of hangs before doing anything. Like when I screen cap...the little path flashes up there a few seconds after hearing the "camera click). My old system if something was wrong with the install or my system. I would here the "click" but never see the path show up for a while.

Now if you hit the screencap.....hear the click and see the path very quickly. I am at my limit to help. I just know I had that issue when my pc would hang.

Reactions: Scorn.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Is there a difference if you press F9 and F11? One if for screenshots of the workspace as you see it, the later is for actual renders. Can you tell us if F9 also produces no files?

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Is there a difference if you press F9 and F11? One if for screenshots of the workspace as you see it, the later is for actual renders. Can you tell us if F9 also produces no files?
Ok, sounds to me you have a....the system kind of hangs before doing anything. Like when I screen cap...the little path flashes up there a few seconds after hearing the "camera click). My old system if something was wrong with the install or my system. I would here the "click" but never see the path show up for a while.

Now if you hit the screencap.....hear the click and see the path very quickly. I am at my limit to help. I just know I had that issue when my pc would hang.
So after a reinstall the F9 key works finally, but the F11 still does nothing, though I did manage to get one F11 render out of what should've been many. Now, however, everytime I press the F11, the whole scenes starts to flicker (and continues to flicker when I load new ones, only restarting the studio fixes it) and Studio Neo nearly crashes. I'll try lowering the resolution on the settings (4K now) and see if it does anything. But over all, thank you guys for your help, I'm pretty sure it's my rig that's the issue not the software.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
So after a reinstall the F9 key works finally, but the F11 still does nothing, though I did manage to get one F11 render out of what should've been many. Now, however, everytime I press the F11, the whole scenes starts to flicker (and continues to flicker when I load new ones, only restarting the studio fixes it) and Studio Neo nearly crashes. I'll try lowering the resolution on the settings (4K now) and see if it does anything. But over all, thank you guys for your help, I'm pretty sure it's my rig that's the issue not the software.
Can you post a screenshot of the settings for your screenshot plugin? May be your upsampling / shadow cascade combination is way up. I know on my PC I when I have those too high the screenshot takes close to ten minutes to render and the studio looks like it froze, yet it merely works on generating the screenshot all that time.

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Can you post a screenshot of the settings for your screenshot plugin? May be your upsampling / shadow cascade combination is way up. I know on my PC I when I have those too high the screenshot takes close to ten minutes to render and the studio looks like it froze, yet it merely works on generating the screenshot all that time.
asd.JPG
These are the current settings, I'm a total noob when it comes to Studio Neo (or any character creator software) and I got these from a Youtube tutorial and I'm not sure what any of the values actually mean. Can you recommend different settings that are less taxing but still get a decent quality render. Even if it's not 4k, just good enough.

Last edited:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
View attachment 3082989
These are the current settings, I'm a total noob when it comes to Studio Neo (or any character creator software) and I got these from a Youtube tutorial and I'm not sure what any of the values actually mean. Can you recommend different settings that are less taxing but still get a decent quality render. Even if it's not 4k, just good enough.
Do try to scale the whole thing down - these are on the heavy side and would give my lower end rig massive delays when screenshotting.

To start the troubleshooting do:
  • set the resolution to 800x600
  • choose disable AO
  • shadow cascade - none if possible, otherwise 0
  • shadow resolution override - none if possible, otherwise the lowest option
  • upsampling - 0 if possible, otherwise 1

With all of these the screenshots will look poorly, that's ok. The key is then building up by tweaking this and that. Most likely you'll end up with 1920x1080 resolution, enabled AO, shadow cascade of 2x, same for shadow resolution, and upsampling ratio of 3.

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
Sorry to keep going on about this - but is there a really really basic guide about getting the sex scenes right? can't find anything on discord? my penis is popping out of the persons belly....seems to be no real entry level stuff to get going with this..

Reactions: Sepheyer

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
Sorry to keep going on about this - but is there a really really basic guide about getting the sex scenes right? can't find anything on discord? my penis is popping out of the persons belly....seems to be no real entry level stuff to get going with this..
Hit N (if modded) and you should be able to move things. I’m reciting this from memory, so I don’t know exactly what it is. Worked for me when fine tuning.

Reactions: wablowbilly

Grubb Raines

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2021
Dumb question: How do I turn off skybox specifically to use a BG image? I'm trying to save a preset that allows for BG images, but BG image isn't displaying.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote