Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hey can someone take a look at this scene and tell me why/where these floating cat ear headbands are there? One with all the girls is the original scene. The other one, I've deleted everything in the workspace and checked everything I can think of but simply can't tell why those things are there, just floating. Anyone have any thoughts?
Maybe a glitch caused by your system. I don't see any random object in both scenes.
From the character color in the scene, I can see you're using NGSS2. Maybe NGSS2 is the cause.
I remember that shader sometimes glitches if there are too many characters present and your PC spec can't handle it. The issue I got back then was if there is more than 3 characters present, the characters can't be hidden if I don't toggle them following certain order.
I'm using NGSS3 now, so that issue doesn't exist anymore.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Maybe a glitch caused by your system. I don't see any random object in both scenes.
From the character color in the scene, I can see you're using NGSS2. Maybe NGSS2 is the cause.
I remember that shader sometimes glitches if there are too many characters present and your PC spec can't handle it. The issue I got back then was if there is more than 3 characters present, the characters can't be hidden if I don't toggle them following certain order.
I'm using NGSS3 now, so that issue doesn't exist anymore.
Thanks for the response. What's NGSS2/NGSS3?

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Hmmm.... It was a glitch but a weird one. Not sure what or how this works but I downloaded a few scenes earlier today. One of them had a character with that headband. (in different poses). When I loaded any scene after that one it kept the headbands from all the poses. No character, just the headbands. But it didn't list them in the workspace. Just ghostly headbands. Oddly enough it did it in char maker too. Any character after that one would have the headband. Restarting and NOT opening that scene (or character)results in no floating headbands. Weird.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Thanks for the response. What's NGSS2/NGSS3?
Next Gen Skin Shader.
Hmmm.... It was a glitch but a weird one. Not sure what or how this works but I downloaded a few scenes earlier today. One of them had a character with that headband. (in different poses). When I loaded any scene after that one it kept the headbands from all the poses. No character, just the headbands. But it didn't list them in the workspace. Just ghostly headbands. Oddly enough it did it in char maker too. Any character after that one would have the headband. Restarting and NOT opening that scene (or character)results in no floating headbands. Weird.
Ah thats the clothing issue then.
It's same as older Rxerry's accessory, from Sekhmet and Cerestia set to be specific.
Also JoshuaLee's human cage studio item.
Rxe fixed them already but JoshuaL are still not fixed.

Reactions: cptboofy

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Next Gen Skin Shader.

Ah thats the clothing issue then.
It's same as older Rxerry's accessory, from Sekhmet and Cerestia set to be specific.
Also JoshuaLee's human cage studio item.
Rxe fixed them already but JoshuaL are still not fixed.
In the end it was just out of curiosity. Never actually kept the scene or the char cards. But it was so odd I just had to ask as I'd never had that happen before and it was just driving me nuts as to if there were hidden chars or if it was a bug. :D

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
test.png
So, the reason video exporter can't save transparent animation frames is due to how the screenshotting mechanism works. If a screenshot key is pressed too fast while the previous screenshot is still being written, then the next file combines both screenshots. I trust y'all seen the images that come out using the video exporter when set to transparent - completely useless.

To avoid this:
  • lower the resolution just so that the chara you are trying to capture fits the box. I.e. if your chara occupies 500 pixels of width-wise, then set the sceenshot to 500xHeight rather than normal 1920xHeigh, this should ensure the screenshot is processed faster.
  • set animation speed to slowest possible, i.e. 0.1
  • manually press screenshot button on count 1-2-3. I suspect each system has its own duration how long it takes before it is safe to press the next screeshot key.

Now, why would anyone care about this? Animation in any game engine, such as Godot:

animation.png

Reactions: thisisweak

givenchy999

Jul 16, 2017
I have a problem that is difficult to solve. When I try to assume a seated position with my body leaning back, I first correct the torso using FK, and then copy the result to IK to adjust the arm position. However, after I copy it to IK, the body reverts to a strange posture with a protruding belly. When I adjust the arms in IK, and then copy it back to FK to correct the torso, the arm position ends up in the wrong place naturally. If I copy it back to IK, the torso becomes distorted again, creating a loop. How can I solve this problem? Has anyone tried to use IK and FK together to achieve this simple pose simultaneously?

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I have a problem that is difficult to solve. When I try to assume a seated position with my body leaning back, I first correct the torso using FK, and then copy the result to IK to adjust the arm position. However, after I copy it to IK, the body reverts to a strange posture with a protruding belly. When I adjust the arms in IK, and then copy it back to FK to correct the torso, the arm position ends up in the wrong place naturally. If I copy it back to IK, the torso becomes distorted again, creating a loop. How can I solve this problem? Has anyone tried to use IK and FK together to achieve this simple pose simultaneously?
Never found out why it happens but the workaround I found that worked for me - but only for posing, not animations - is to at the very start before you start adjusting the pose, select IK & FK. The second you switch it to IK only or FK only it will mess up whatever you pose you set up, but as long as you have IK & FK you can adjust both to the positions you want.
Depending if you start off in a pre-posed situation, you might have to "copy to IK" and then select IK & FK.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hi!
I feel you. The problem is that if you have a position in FK and want to switch it to IK or vice-versa, the body position get messed. It is near impossible to get an straight back spine in FK if the pose is imported from IK.
Remember that Forward Kinematics is a simple calculation of movement, and Inverse kinemathis is a bit more complex calculation since the movement predicts the whole chain of bones and joints, oposite to FK that only calculate one joint and the child bones movement. Maybe the issue of a protuding belly is consequence of miscalculation in the switch between FK and IK.
My advice is that "borrow" some poses from the default poses, I.K. seated pose, then activate IK or FK and then save as new pose in your library.

Reactions: Sepheyer

givenchy999

Jul 16, 2017
Never found out why it happens but the workaround I found that worked for me - but only for posing, not animations - is to at the very start before you start adjusting the pose, select IK & FK. The second you switch it to IK only or FK only it will mess up whatever you pose you set up, but as long as you have IK & FK you can adjust both to the positions you want.
Depending if you start off in a pre-posed situation, you might have to "copy to IK" and then select IK & FK.
IK&FK do not have spine joints, so they cannot solve this problem. Thank you for your answer anyway.

givenchy999

Jul 16, 2017
Hi!
I feel you. The problem is that if you have a position in FK and want to switch it to IK or vice-versa, the body position get messed. It is near impossible to get an straight back spine in FK if the pose is imported from IK.
Remember that Forward Kinematics is a simple calculation of movement, and Inverse kinemathis is a bit more complex calculation since the movement predicts the whole chain of bones and joints, oposite to FK that only calculate one joint and the child bones movement. Maybe the issue of a protuding belly is consequence of miscalculation in the switch between FK and IK.
My advice is that "borrow" some poses from the default poses, I.K. seated pose, then activate IK or FK and then save as new pose in your library.
It's really disheartening to hear this answer. But thank you for your suggestion. Actually, it is possible to achieve the desired pose completely with FK and abandon IK. However, it is really complicated and seems like there is no anyother way.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
It's really disheartening to hear this answer. But thank you for your suggestion. Actually, it is possible to achieve the desired pose completely with FK and abandon IK. However, it is really complicated and seems like there is no anyother way.
That was the solution I ended up taking - switched to FK completely, although in the beginning I was in love with IK.

Funny enough, you get good at it pretty fast and start understanding that every pose starts with nods hips / kosi.

Just a rando pic in here:
HS2_2023-10-01-05-49-43-336.png

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
My dudes, you know what's cray AF? Using HS2 for spritesheets for a scroller in say Godot (free game engine).

I've been at it for a mere second and I go: hmmm this become very interesting very fast.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 060449.png

Grubb Raines

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2021
Hello,
Would anyone know why my renders are activating the "Ambient Only" setting? I have it off but the renders seem to disregard the setting.

Turning it on doesn't change anything, render output is the same.

Some pics for what I'm talking about. View attachment Render.webp View attachment Screenshot.webp View attachment Ambient Only Off.webp

Edit: Adding this for anyone who cares, but I've figured it out. In "F1" settings > Screenshot Manager I had "Disable AO" set to "When Upsampling". God this was frustrating. Anyway, changing to "Never" has fixed the issue.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the weird shadow creases everywhere.

1699200152818.png

Last edited:

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the weird shadow creases everywhere.
Use a color that close to skin color for AO and decrease the intensity.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Does anyone have a guide on how to use lighting in transparent walled map?

Am I only can cope by only using it as night scene and light source from inside?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Does anyone have a guide on how to use lighting in transparent walled map?

Am I only can cope by only using it as night scene and light source from inside?
I'd argue that light for such scenes must originate from inside the room. Thus only lights such as spot and point are allowed. The directional lights are not allowed.

Reactions: AmaNo04

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Did you switch the labels on the render/screenshots? Because the F9 picture looks like a render while F11 looks like a screenshot.

Anyway, see if changing your screenshot settings to these helps (naturally, ignore the resolution and transparency):

screenshot settings.png

Back in the days I had exactly the same issue with "shadow creases" and after a few iterations I settled on these settings above. I don't recall what compromises were made, but my old test folder has a bunch of comparisons, among which these two show how much "shadow cascade" choices contributes to those shadow creases:

Last edited:

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
I am a big fan of the Klub 17 - i really like sequencing my own scenes and creating scenarios

It might be buried in this thread - but i haven't had much luck with search - but is there an easy way to arrange the scenes/positions? In the klub 17 you can just pick a position/camera angle and then faid in/faid out - but it with positions i need to arrange both female and male model in this?

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I am a big fan of the Klub 17 - i really like sequencing my own scenes and creating scenarios

It might be buried in this thread - but i haven't had much luck with search - but is there an easy way to arrange the scenes/positions? In the klub 17 you can just pick a position/camera angle and then faid in/faid out - but it with positions i need to arrange both female and male model in this?
Try this thread, it deals with Honey Select 2's studio component, called Studio 2 NEO: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

That's where you can create scenes, stories, animations. If you are into MMD then you can MMD your girls too, here's what can be done but requires massive amounts of time. Tho you can "easily" reuse someone else's animation with your characters:

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote