Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I'd argue that light for such scenes must originate from inside the room. Thus only lights such as spot and point are allowed. The directional lights are not allowed.
I see. It's kind of unfortunate as I haven't find any bathroom map that match the theme I'm planning.
Currently I'm planning to use [Mas75] Cliff Livingroom, Bedroom and Kitchen. Only bathroom that missing and the map I used in screenshot above has similar vibe so I'm thinking to use it.
Well, I will see what I can do as workaround for it.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I see. It's kind of unfortunate as I haven't find any bathroom map that match the theme I'm planning.
Currently I'm planning to use [Mas75] Cliff Livingroom, Bedroom and Kitchen. Only bathroom that missing and the map I used in screenshot above has similar vibe so I'm thinking to use it.
Well, I will see what I can do as workaround for it.
Sorry, why unfortunate? I mean you can still go ahead and use it, except do set the point/spot light up inside the barthroom rather than using a directional light that the screenshot suggests is being used. And you'll still be able to use the room you want.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Sorry, why unfortunate? I mean you can still go ahead and use it, except do set the point/spot light up inside the barthroom rather than using a directional light that the screenshot suggests is being used. And you'll still be able to use the room you want.
I was planning to use it as day scene. So I'd like the lighting to be like this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here is my attempt to make it as night scene.
My only concern is the shower glass partition gave blue reflection. Maybe it's reflection probe issue or cubemap?

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I have a problem that is difficult to solve. When I try to assume a seated position with my body leaning back, I first correct the torso using FK, and then copy the result to IK to adjust the arm position. However, after I copy it to IK, the body reverts to a strange posture with a protruding belly. When I adjust the arms in IK, and then copy it back to FK to correct the torso, the arm position ends up in the wrong place naturally. If I copy it back to IK, the torso becomes distorted again, creating a loop. How can I solve this problem? Has anyone tried to use IK and FK together to achieve this simple pose simultaneously?
unsolvable issue unfortunately, for one simple reason, in my idiot opinion: there are more FK nodes than there are IK nodes, so there are no direct equalities between them. I don't know exactly which FK nodes are excluded from the conversion to IK, but some of them simply have their values reset to 0 degrees if you go from FK to IK back to FK. It's fucking infuriating, to be honest.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I was planning to use it as day scene. So I'd like the lighting to be like this.
Here is my attempt to make it as night scene.
My only concern is the shower glass partition gave blue reflection. Maybe it's reflection probe issue or cubemap?
What if you make fake walls from cubes to deal with transparent walls?

And if you don't like the pieces, such as shower glass partition - either remove the original map's part that corresponds to the partition, or add a thin glass / texture to suit your needs?

Reactions: AmaNo04

Grubb Raines

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2021
Use a color that close to skin color for AO and decrease the intensity.
Thank you. Changing the colour helped a little bit.
I also turned down AO intensity as well as the Upsampling ratio in settings, and the creases are almost gone now.

I wish I could have pre-render shading with rendered hair quality.
Vs

Did you switch the labels on the render/screenshots? Because the F9 picture looks like a render while F11 looks like a screenshot.
Nah, it's correct. I render to 1080p because 1440 wasn't compressing well.

Thanks to both of you.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Thank you. Changing the colour helped a little bit.
I also turned down AO intensity as well as the Upsampling ratio in settings, and the creases are almost gone now.

I wish I could have pre-render shading with rendered hair quality.

Nah, it's correct. I render to 1080p because 1440 wasn't compressing well.

Thanks to both of you.
There is yet another way to render in insane resolution - via ansel. It tiles up so you are less limited by resolution: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-8706969

Why would you want it? For imitating upsampling. This way you can do 10x upscampling, which might mor might not improve the quality. Also about hair, I trust you know that each hair model comes as Type 1 and Type 2 which causes the hair to render differently. Although you might already use the type you favor the most.

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
Did you switch the labels on the render/screenshots? Because the F9 picture looks like a render while F11 looks like a screenshot.

Anyway, see if changing your screenshot settings to these helps (naturally, ignore the resolution and transparency):

View attachment 3065082

Back in the days I had exactly the same issue with "shadow creases" and after a few iterations I settled on these settings above. I don't recall what compromises were made, but my old test folder has a bunch of comparisons, among which these two show how much "shadow cascade" choices contributes to those shadow creases:

Sepheyer - Have you shared this scene or character cards before?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
What if you make fake walls from cubes to deal with transparent walls?

And if you don't like the pieces, such as shower glass partition - either remove the original map's part that corresponds to the partition, or add a thin glass / texture to suit your needs?
Yes, adding a fake wall does come to my mind. But it's kinda a hassle tbh. So I left it as last resort.

The most apparent is the glass partition, I noticed some metallic stuff also have blueish reflection e.g. the shower head. I need to investigate it later.

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
Try this thread, it deals with Honey Select 2's studio component, called Studio 2 NEO: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

That's where you can create scenes, stories, animations. If you are into MMD then you can MMD your girls too, here's what can be done but requires massive amounts of time. Tho you can "easily" reuse someone else's animation with your characters:

Thanks for your reply - however really struggling to find the guide that I am looking for in there.

What I am trying to understand is how to simply sequence animations and create very basic secens.

I.e. in klub exile what you do is simply arrange a series of poses on a timeline - so i am trying to understand how to do that?

Apologies if i am missing something.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Thanks for your reply - however really struggling to find the guide that I am looking for in there.

What I am trying to understand is how to simply sequence animations and create very basic secens.

I.e. in klub exile what you do is simply arrange a series of poses on a timeline - so i am trying to understand how to do that?

Apologies if i am missing something.
Yes, you can pose and animate, but it comes with a learning curve. I don't know how far you are into using Studio2NEO, so I'll assume you are yet to start. Just to give you a glimpse of what's available, can you start the studio and load the few scenes that come default?

To do that click on the Studio2NEO icon:

Untitled.png

Once the studio starts on the TOP-LEFT (not bottom-left!) you'll see menu buttons - click on the fourth button from the top, click "Load", and load the scenes that come with it to get you an idea if you want to proceed further with the studio. Gotta say, lotsa folks find the studio much, much more interesting than the HS2 actual game.

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
Yes, you can pose and animate, but it comes with a learning curve. I don't know how far you are into using Studio2NEO, so I'll assume you are yet to start. Just to give you a glimpse of what's available, can you start the studio and load the few scenes that come default?

To do that click on the Studio2NEO icon:

View attachment 3067258

Once the studio starts on the TOP-LEFT (not bottom-left!) you'll see menu buttons - click on the fourth button from the top, click "Load", and load the scenes that come with it to get you an idea if you want to proceed further with the studio. Gotta say, lotsa folks find the studio much, much more interesting than the HS2 actual game.
Thanks for your help

So have opened a scene but this is what i get and i can't really do much with it? studio.PNG

However i can sort of go in and animate two characters - but i want to just sequence a series of animations (also where does his penis go when you take off the clothes?) and just add in some speech bubbles.

studio 2.PNG

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Thanks for your help

So have opened a scene but this is what i get and i can't really do much with it? View attachment 3067383

However i can sort of go in and animate two characters - but i want to just sequence a series of animations (also where does his penis go when you take off the clothes?) and just add in some speech bubbles.

View attachment 3067385
Good. And this is where the learning curve kicks in :) To the best of my knowledge there are no guides that could teach you to do an animated scene. There are rather components that you learn first, then learn to combine to make animated scenes. You learn by picking apart the existing scenes.

Takes a few month really.

Now, to get the timeline tool running: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-8712104 See the "animating" dropdown.

There are a few other ways to animate a scene using a variety of tools, like these:
2022_0605_1048_30_380.png 2021_1105_1732_03_349.png

Do ask for animated scenes in the scenes thread - that one I referenced earlier.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
IK&FK do not have spine joints, so they cannot solve this problem. Thank you for your answer anyway.
Yeah it does. But you got to activate it. Basically, go to starting pose you want to start from. Choose anim - FK&IK refer to animation and activate. Then anim-kinematics-FK- and activate "body" (note: if you first go to IK and "copy to FK" you'll get less shift of original pose. Otherwise it moves/readjusts slightly. Usually not enough to bother me though so I don't always do it).
Then you use the HS2PE option, click FK and select the thing you want to adjust (for added clarity you can select "axis" and it will show the rotation artifact around the joint that's selected in the list on the body). Then adjust using the BOTTOM (rotation) controls.
You can activate any other part of the FK similarly. But like I said, the second you select only IK or only FK it messes it all up back to whatever default pose was used, so save frequently. It will make you cry if you spend 40 min tweaking a pose only to have it pooch by accident. True story. :D
Unfortunately I've not really had much luck doing this for animations so it's pretty much strictly for posing, but it works great for getting exactly the right poses for things like a static story like a comic or a photoshoot.

EDITED TO ADD: "Choose anim - FK&IK refer to animation. " If you don't refer to animation BEFORE activating it'll pooch it.

Last edited:

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Has anyone ever done a list/translation/re-write or whatever of the blend shape list as in the pic? Like something that actually says what that part is without me having to re-do it through trial and error? Thx.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Has anyone ever done a list/translation/re-write or whatever of the blend shape list as in the pic? Like something that actually says what that part is without me having to re-do it through trial and error? Thx.
Hi!
Maybe this file helps you
Credits to an user from Yukiportal, Bone92ex is the name I think

Reactions: cptboofy

coolhatterman123

May 2, 2023
Hello!
I'm new here and could use some help!

I get an alert in my top-left corner and it says:
"Missing zipmod! Some items are missing! - K1T0-K1TN : K1T0-K1TN UHD Body 3 curvy Build"

I'm guessing it's something I need to download, anyone know where I can find it or is it paid for?

Thank you :D

edit: Also some of my characters' skin is also black, how do I fix that?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
"Missing zipmod! Some items are missing! - K1T0-K1TN : K1T0-K1TN UHD Body 3 curvy Build"
IIRC it's included in sideloader modpack, maybe you want to uodate your repack version. What version you're running currently? We're at repack 14 right now.
Also some of my characters' skin is also black, how do I fix that?
It's because that chara is using Next Gen Shader and you haven't activated SSS in GraphicMod.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote