Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Do try to scale the whole thing down - these are on the heavy side and would give my lower end rig massive delays when screenshotting.

To start the troubleshooting do:
  • set the resolution to 800x600
  • choose disable AO
  • shadow cascade - none if possible, otherwise 0
  • shadow resolution override - none if possible, otherwise the lowest option
  • upsampling - 0 if possible, otherwise 1

With all of these the screenshots will look poorly, that's ok. The key is then building up by tweaking this and that. Most likely you'll end up with 1920x1080 resolution, enabled AO, shadow cascade of 2x, same for shadow resolution, and upsampling ratio of 3.
Thank you so much for all the detailed answers! You helped me a lot, did everything by your recommendations and got really good results. Cheers!

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Looking to get some advice on using Beter Pentration -

So i have the latest honey select 2 repack
And have the various mods installed.

I am following these instructions: 1981895_Better_Penetration_Studio_Instructions.pdf (f95zone.to)

I have set up the BP penis + vagina for the female - but when i go to search for these on the nodes - I can't find them.

Am i missing something? Trying to figure this out.... View attachment 3089855
You dont have to mess with node constraint if you are using dicks from animation tab.
Also the bone name isn't as straightforward as "penis".
The one from animation tab is "dan" for penis and "kokan" for vag under "kosi02" bone.

Reactions: wablowbilly

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
You dont have to mess with node constraint if you are using dicks from animation tab.
Also the bone name isn't as straightforward as "penis".
The one from animation tab is "dan" for penis and "kokan" for vag under "kosi02" bone.
Got it working - so using these nodes as i was able to actually get the penetration going

Appreciate your help

Last edited:

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
More questions -

I have managed to connect the penis + vagina. Using the BP technique.

However now I have the characters hovering over each other - for some it is really bad.

Not sure how to fix it? I have been using the pose sliders - but nothing much.

How do i glue the characters together a bit more? Is this using the IK/FK stuff? Tried connecting an arm node to a shoulder and didn't work.

The hover on the bottom picture is really bad.

hover1.PNG hover2.PNG

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
More questions -

I have managed to connect the penis + vagina. Using the BP technique.

However now I have the characters hovering over each other - for some it is really bad.

Not sure how to fix it? I have been using the pose sliders - but nothing much.

How do i glue the characters together a bit more? Is this using the IK/FK stuff? Tried connecting an arm node to a shoulder and didn't work.

The hover on the bottom picture is really bad.

View attachment 3092337 View attachment 3092338
you move the character. Using the OBJ (left side of your screen 6th icon down) controls. I personally prefer using the move control but you have to instal/activate that one (replaces the OBJ control).

Reactions: wablowbilly

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
you move the character. Using the OBJ (left side of your screen 6th icon down) controls. I personally prefer using the move control but you have to instal/activate that one (replaces the OBJ control).

Thanks - great - have found the mod - will get it installed

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
I hope this is the final question - and appreciate help.

So i have moved the characters

But the hands look a bit unnatural - is there anything else i can do to improve this? Or is moving the best way to do this?

hands.PNG move2.PNG

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I hope this is the final question - and appreciate help.

So i have moved the characters

But the hands look a bit unnatural - is there anything else i can do to improve this? Or is moving the best way to do this?

View attachment 3093890 View attachment 3093892
You can (sort of) but it's got a learning curve and I'm not very good at it myself. Select character, then anim, make sure IK is selected. Then go to HS2PE (fourth icon right column there) then advanced and select the IK tab. You tweak those sliders for the top one and the limbs you're tweaking - about half I think works but again, I'm still learning so not sure if that's right. Then go to the HS2PE controls and select the limb you want to move and move it using the controls. It's not perfect, there's all sorts of issues that can happen, so it's probably best if someone more knowledgeable than me answers it, but you can play around with it if you want.

wablowbilly

Jan 18, 2023
You can (sort of) but it's got a learning curve and I'm not very good at it myself. Select character, then anim, make sure IK is selected. Then go to HS2PE (fourth icon right column there) then advanced and select the IK tab. You tweak those sliders for the top one and the limbs you're tweaking - about half I think works but again, I'm still learning so not sure if that's right. Then go to the HS2PE controls and select the limb you want to move and move it using the controls. It's not perfect, there's all sorts of issues that can happen, so it's probably best if someone more knowledgeable than me answers it, but you can play around with it if you want.
Done this - but have noticed that the hands stop moving? Starting to piece this all together now.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Done this - but have noticed that the hands stop moving? Starting to piece this all together now.
That's where the "play around" bit comes in. The sliders determine how much everything moves or doesn't vs how much control you get over positioning. I'm honestly not too sure myself how to measure/control it. Never found any tutorials for it.

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Hey, guys, got another question and a headache to boot. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I didn't find a Chara Studio plugin for Hooh's scripted dick items, so I installed the HS2 one. After that I got 3 hooh folders in the item tab the the studio, but all of them are empty.

1700433310982.png
Also is there a "lazier" way to make H scenes in Chara, I'm guessing not but wanted to ask just in case. Thank you all in advance.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hey, guys, got another question and a headache to boot. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I didn't find a Chara Studio plugin for Hooh's scripted dick items, so I installed the HS2 one. After that I got 3 hooh folders in the item tab the the studio, but all of them are empty.

View attachment 3101105
Also is there a "lazier" way to make H scenes in Chara, I'm guessing not but wanted to ask just in case. Thank you all in advance.
Seems like you messed up your installation.
I dont see the item+ menu at the left menu.
Its should be there normally since its used to configure the scripted dick.

alf04

Jan 2, 2018
Hello, I'm new to modding clothes and lf advice.
Tried to find a way to prevent clothes clipping through a pair of trousers. Downloaded Gimp, had a look at some tutorial videos, but haven't come very far. Ran into this problem:
On 'clothes overlays' I exported the texture and then 'dumped the original texture' in hope I could manipulate it to stop the clipping. Well, bit too optimistic. I may have shreddered the original texture via this, because now, when I 'hide the overlay texture' of that piece (and only of that) piece of clothing, it will not become invisible but show a pitch black texture underneath. (It is a texture bc it can still be made to shine but no colour manipulation).
How do I revert this i.e. reinstate the piece of clothing as it originally was.

And does anyone know of a simple way to edit away such clipping issues - via Material editor if that is the easiest? Tyvm in advance for some tip hereon.

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Hey, guys, I've noticed in some H scenes made with Studio Neo that during some blowjob scenes, the lips will actually follow the penis and stretch along it. Is that done with additional mods or through Blender magic?

atomicgarlic

Feb 2, 2021
It's pure node constraint magic AFAIK
I noticed that if you disable the highlighted constraint, the mouth doesn't stretch, but I have no idea how it works tbh

1700686333012.png

Reactions: Scorn.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
It's pure node constraint magic AFAIK
I noticed that if you disable the highlighted constraint, the mouth doesn't stretch, but I have no idea how it works tbh

View attachment 3109489
If you tie one node to another they'll stick. Works for all of them assuming you do it right. Try moving the whole character and you'll get one freaky a** rubber girl stretch bj. The trick is finding the right nodes to pair up for what you want.

Reactions: Scorn.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
A challenge!
(aka: I don't know how to do this thing right so please help me).

TLDR version: Here are two characters, how would YOU put them in a simple pose/scene together with proper lighting for a realistic effect (so as close to photographic as possible) where both characters are clearly visible and with proper ambient occlusion/shadows? Feel free to add any other char you want.

Longer version: Lighting has been my nemesis since day one as I have never been able to get the effects I want, particularly if the characters have skin tones that are too different. From what I can tell the skin they use also affects how the light reflects as well. So it's been ticking me off something fierce. So when I can finally get the look on one it either looks like cr*p on the other or I mess up the shadows on the scene. In particular, I have a hell of a time getting lighter skin tones not to blow out when I try to get proper occlusion/shadow effects. Don't even get me started on weird colors. If I try anything for a mood effect, like blue tint for night as an example, or near a fire source... I get some seriously weird effects and nothing at all like what I've seen on other's work. So yeah... I need help. :D
Is someone willing to pick up the challenge and do a basic demonstration scene using these extreme characters? I specifically chose two from my collection with as diametrically different skin tones as I could find.

Please let us know if you're using dhh or graphicsmod.
I basically stick with GM as that's what I started with and it's hard enough learning one but there may be others that benefit from different things.
Also, if you use a premade map, please note how you worked with the existing lighting. I've had the issue where I imported some characters I thought looked great but the pre existing lighting on the map just....no. All bad.
Thanks!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote