Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Herbmetaru

Oct 12, 2020
Don't get me started on material editor. When I found out about some people modifying this I almost cried. Was going crazy when I would reset all the (non material editor) settings to what I thought were default and it wouldn't change that one thing that had been modified and that I wanted gone. Deleted more than one character because of it.
Unfortunately I just haven't been able to commit enough time to learning what the settings all do so still beyond my reach.
Hm,... When there is a non-default setting, -color or -texture in MaterialEditor, it's marked with a *

(You have to hate my cards)

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Guys, is there a squirting object/effect/whatever for HS2, like in this gif:

I'm pretty sure this is something made in one of Illusion's engines right?

2f4f75048e639956fdba707004562da0.gif

I only see 4 types of liquids (like in HS1): 1 yellow single string, and 3 white strings of different volume, but nothing as cool as this gif has.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

View attachment 3127595

I only see 4 types of liquids (like in HS1): 1 yellow single string, and 3 white strings of different volume, but nothing as cool as this gif has.
Hi!
I remember a comment in some forum that the squirt effect can be made with the shower item and timeline. shrink the shower in the required axis, then manipulate the scale dimensions according to the real squirt. I've never done this by myself.

Reactions: AdventAnyx

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
We still don't have ways to half-undress male-bottoms, like unlock zippers to get the pp out, right? No modded pants or anything?

(very sadge and immersion breaking)
Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Hm,... When there is a non-default setting, -color or -texture in MaterialEditor, it's marked with a *

(You have to hate my cards)
lol, yup I did (eventually) learn that the * meant it was modified. But the first time I discovered this was when I tried to make changes to a char from a scene file that the author had "stuck" tears on. Wanted to work with the character but didn't want tears. I put everything in maker to default and STILL couldn't get rid of it. Finally read somewhere that you could do that in material editor and yes, reset every setting till I found the one that made the tears. But it took me a while to figure that out.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022

View attachment 3127595

Haven't seen anything as good as this w/out animating but I have come across a few inventive examples that kinda sorta give a similar vibe. For example the fluid plugin and thick liquid plugins can be used with a little bit of work. Here's a super simple example using fluid and a square collider to show what I mean. You have to position the collider to get directionality. Tie it to a character body part (like the crotch for example) and you can get a similar effect. Placing colliders on the various body parts can also get you splatter and more realistic effects.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

View attachment 3127595

Hi!
Maybe this helps

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Anyone know if there's a way to organize scenes within studio? How does studio save files? Only way I've been able to organize is via folders but that's clunky as all hell.
Any advise?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Anyone know if there's a way to organize scenes within studio? How does studio save files? Only way I've been able to organize is via folders but that's clunky as all hell.
Any advise?
Pretty sure thats the only way but I would move away the finished scenes to another location to save me some spaces and to prevent accidentally misclicking when loading up a scene.

Reactions: cptboofy

.StaringAtTheSky

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
We still don't have ways to half-undress male-bottoms, like unlock zippers to get the pp out, right? No modded pants or anything?

(very sadge and immersion breaking)
View attachment 3132008
I found a way to do it in a not-really-conventional way. Good thing is once you do it one time and perfect it, you will be able just load it for the same pants every time. Maybe there is a way to do it differently but anyway. Here is how I do it

I remember you saying you got all the necessary mods and stuff so you should have material editor.
First when you creating an outfit for you chara you check your pants in material editor (Try turning off Enabled button) and see if the legs display normally(Some pants hide some parts of thighs for some reason, so make sure you don't have invisible legs)

If all is well, go lower in the material editor and find Main Texture - export it - Folder with that png file will open up automatically.
Here is the main part. You edit that texture png file through photoshop or whatever, the part with a penis should be empty so no texture should be there. But the edges are the trickiest because you need to make them look realistic. I also belive you can play around with bump map(in the material editor) but I'm not really familiar with the way they work and haven't tried playing around with them.
The upside to this is that if you spend enough time doing it and make it look awesome, you can just import that texture everytime you need to "unleash" something.
Maybe someone has a better way of doing it, I would be also interested in reading that

.StaringAtTheSky

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
A question for everyone, is there still no way to fix colliders? I'm using BetterRepack latest version, everything is up to date, but body colliders for some reason don't react to other bodies. Especially in regards to breasts and ass. HS2PE advanced shows that dynamic bones are there and colliders are also there and everything is turned on (Including the Breast switch in the attitude window) but hands of other characters or any collider for that matter don't react properly, the only way I can get some sort of reaction is through adding dynamic bone collider object through items menu. I read about the same issues in this thread some time ago and wonder if someone found a fix?

Also, on a different issue, is there a way to access undress stages? Manipulate the way the clothes look in a half-dressed stage?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kaseijin

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
I found a way to do it in a not-really-conventional way.
So I've spent like an hour with my excellent PS skill of 10 (out of 10000 :HideThePain: ), and this is kinda what I wanted, yeah. Thanks!

before:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

after
HS2_2023-12-05-08-37-01-496.png

after from afar

.png for anyone interested (item for pants is called something like "sjjpl_mo_bot_024" in studio chara editor):

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
So. I've got the whole BetterRepack and all sideloader mods (350GB total folder with HS2 now).
Over the past 2 days I went over most of the items in Studio, to see what I've got, and what I might need.
Is there an easy way to quickly get rid of the stuff you definitely won't need?
Like, I'm 100% sure I'm not gonna need 200 variants of monsters, every single card pack, 500 variants of cars and 30 different poop-items :HideThePain:

The only way I found how to do this for now:
search item that you won't need by name using this button, then click zipmod search
Screenshot_1.jpg

Then go to windows explorer, then search the folder there, then see if the name of zipmod is the same, then:
a. straight up delete it and hope that there was nothing extra inside that zipmod
b. extract, see what's there, sometimes it's unity3d asset, extract it further with another tool...

The guy above me asked about scene organizing, that's easy. How the f do I organize the mods and thousands of items?

atomicgarlic

Feb 2, 2021
I'm with you there; I wish there was a way to easily organize all those items, but if you're more interested in saving disk space, you should take a look at maps (and they are far easier to find and delete, so that's a plus).

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
So. I've got the whole BetterRepack and all sideloader mods (350GB total folder with HS2 now).
Over the past 2 days I went over most of the items in Studio, to see what I've got, and what I might need.
Is there an easy way to quickly get rid of the stuff you definitely won't need?
Like, I'm 100% sure I'm not gonna need 200 variants of monsters, every single card pack, 500 variants of cars and 30 different poop-items :HideThePain:

The only way I found how to do this for now:
search item that you won't need by name using this button, then click zipmod search
View attachment 3150522

Then go to windows explorer, then search the folder there, then see if the name of zipmod is the same, then:
a. straight up delete it and hope that there was nothing extra inside that zipmod
b. extract, see what's there, sometimes it's unity3d asset, extract it further with another tool...

The guy above me asked about scene organizing, that's easy. How the f do I organize the mods and thousands of items?
Hi!
You and I are thinking in the same. A year ago I posted here how the heck I can organize or get rid of some mods, I.e. Leonardz Modder has a bunch of zipmods, good well-done zipmods BUT has hundreads of parts! like a single car has a coplete List of parts, from a single bolt to a washer, rivert, screw etc xD. There is no way from a tool, the solution I've found is like yours: In my free-time look what a mod does, if it works for me, it stays, if its not, i simply change the extension from *.dll to a *.dl_, so my update manager doesn' download it again and when i launch the game or studio, that mod doesn't lad either. But those inactive mods ocup a precious space in my HDD, so I am working on a kind of list like "essential mods" so get a slim version of the game.
Some cards uses fancy clothes that only works with an specific mod, that is the only reason they exist, so if a card uses a fantasy-word-princes-war-outfit, I'll pass and look for some more common one (several asian mods are like this).
If some folk around here has an idea in what mods are usefull and which one not, please share your thoughts.

Anonymous2019

Nov 22, 2019
so i just tried updating to latest release, and my characters breasts are sagging, i noticed it was due to some issue with hs2pe, but i think i have the latest. any idea how to fix this?

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hi!
Does somebody knows in how to make the breast of two different models collide each other? in this gif I want two girls intercourse each other and want to make breast interact to the approach

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi!
Does somebody knows in how to make the breast of two different models collide each other? in this gif I want two girls intercourse each other and want to make breast interact to the approach
Use NC to pair a collider to Mune02 node and if you want, set the collision target to specifically only interact with other chara's breast.

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
Question. How do perfectly working scene cards become "corrupted" to the point studio Neo thinks its for another "program" I have a few I wanted to redo with new cards I've acquired and get them to work. I know off hand these don't "work" for me again. If they work for you what could be my issue.
HS2_2021-05-17-22-43-50-598.png HS2_2021-05-22-22-33-36-453.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote