Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

wackop

Feb 21, 2022
It's inside post processing tab within graphic mod window (F5 hotkey)
got it now, thank you so much. it just sucks now that ambient occlusion on her face added so much detail and made it look better. i wonder how i can still add it to the scene

Edit: Nevermind I figure it out, I just disabled GTAO and enabled the regular AO and fixed the lighting. thank you guys once again and saving me the headache of going into photoshop

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
As I expected. Welp, it's time to remake the whole map I guess... It's very old scene to begin with. Can't really blame the maker.
I noticed that all of the doors lighten up the load quite a lot. But after further deconstruction, I found the tatami itself is handmade.
It's finally done. Posted it at scene sharing thread. Not exactly a remake, because I found a nice reference.

wackop

Feb 21, 2022
can someone help me figure out why this keeps happening to me? after using studio for a little while it just glitches out and goes all black, this happens everytime and give it 30min or so after i boot studio up it just does this. please help

zir175

Aug 6, 2022
Does anyone know how if there's a way to make HS2PE and VNGE work together? I'm using HS2PE for facial expressions, but I can't save them to a VNGE scene, like when I use a new facial expression the old one is overwritten. If there isn't a way, what would be the best way to work around this issue? I'd really like to incorporate the facial blendshapes into my Visual Novel.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Does anyone know how if there's a way to make HS2PE and VNGE work together? I'm using HS2PE for facial expressions, but I can't save them to a VNGE scene, like when I use a new facial expression the old one is overwritten. If there isn't a way, what would be the best way to work around this issue? I'd really like to incorporate the facial blendshapes into my Visual Novel.
Hi!
I remember some topic in discord regarding this. AFAIK it is possible, you have to set the VNGE parameter to register blend shapes changes, I remember a check circke that are named "blendshapes".

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Before adding a character, go to scene helper. I don't really remember the menu name, but its should be named actor or smth. Then enable the one with name chara blendshape xxpe.
Or if you still cant find it, you can change the config file directly. Its should be in /bepinex/plugin/console/lib/vnactor.ini.
That config file is also used for another game, so change the one inside neo2 section.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Hi, I'm having a look at HS2 again after a long time away and I seem to have a problem with Presets and Cubemaps not appearing in Studio (or Chara Maker but can't remember if they were even usable there).
I have over 90 presets, but when I click F5, then the Presets tab nothing shows.
Similarly when I click the Lighting tab there are no Cubemaps available (No custom cubemaps found) yet I have 25 of them.
Both Presets and Cubemaps are each in their own subdirectory HS2/Presets/ and HS2/Cubemaps/

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi, I'm having a look at HS2 again after a long time away and I seem to have a problem with Presets and Cubemaps not appearing in Studio (or Chara Maker but can't remember if they were even usable there).
I have over 90 presets, but when I click F5, then the Presets tab nothing shows.
Similarly when I click the Lighting tab there are no Cubemaps available (No custom cubemaps found) yet I have 25 of them.
Both Presets and Cubemaps are each in their own subdirectory HS2/Presets/ and HS2/Cubemaps/

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Maybe the F1 config has wrong directory registered?

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hi!
This file contains a collectons of skins overlays, but it is behind a password. Some nice soul can led a hand on this?
the riddle:

The link:

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Question regarding flickering on bright areas in Studio.

So lately (since R15 I guess?) if there's a bright area or highly reflective area, for example light reflecting off something or even a bright point on the map there seems to be a flicker. As if there is an issue in rendering perhaps? It's not a strobe sort of thing but more of a flickering. Highly annoying.
Anyone know what setting that might be causing it?
There's also a similar effect on some but not all maps with heavy shadows, where some of the shadows flicker as well.
Suggestions?

datfay

Jun 15, 2020
I wanted to know more about IK anchors.

What use do they have in a scene when creating animations?

I have seen them used yet I don't quite understand their function yet looking at it, it seems to make the animations more natural somehow.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I wanted to know more about IK anchors.

What use do they have in a scene when creating animations?

I have seen them used yet I don't quite understand their function yet looking at it, it seems to make the animations more natural somehow.
It's for rigging. I made a simple scene to demonstrate how it works and the correct position for the frequently used body parts. Just try move them around. Unfortunately you can't use it for knee and elbow.

In case you're going to use it, I suggest you to pose your chara first then use node constraint to move the anchor to position with temporary reverse pairing. What I meant is make an entry where chara's bones as parent and the anchor as child temporarily. The anchor will have the exact position and rotation while the constraint is active, so you can just copy the transformation before deleting the entry and paste it after. After that you can move it around to make animation.

One of the advantage of this thing is you can put the anchor inside a folder, so technically you can use the anchor as the "main animation" e.g. up-down movement and the folder as the "variation" e.g. side to side movement. Which will result in more natural animation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

datfay

Jun 15, 2020
It's for rigging. I made a simple scene to demonstrate how it works and the correct position for the frequently used body parts. Just try move them around. Unfortunately you can't use it for knee and elbow.

In case you're going to use it, I suggest you to pose your chara first then use node constraint to move the anchor to position with temporary reverse pairing. What I meant is make an entry where chara's bones as parent and the anchor as child temporarily. The anchor will have the exact position and rotation while the constraint is active, so you can just copy the transformation before deleting the entry and paste it after. After that you can move it around to make animation.

One of the advantage of this thing is you can put the anchor inside a folder, so technically you can use the anchor as the "main animation" e.g. up-down movement and the folder as the "variation" e.g. side to side movement. Which will result in more natural animation.

Thanks for the comprehensive info, really appreciate it.

Thanks for the scene where I can experiment with. I'm gonna give it a spin!

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Thanks for the comprehensive info, really appreciate it.

Thanks for the scene where I can experiment with. I'm gonna give it a spin!
There are other methods of course, but the above explanation is good for you to start. AmaNo04 has a lot of knowledge in animations and allways able to help out ppl. I think he/she deserves a "thumb up" for the help. just saying ;)

Reactions: AmaNo04

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022

Slightly unrelated, but you can also use the folder trick to create a curved motion. I tried to use this to create a skate animation by using the folder as horizontal movement and the skate in it as the height of the ollie. I ended up scrapping it because I don't have the patience and it was more complex than I thought.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Slightly unrelated, but you can also use the folder trick to create a curved motion. I tried to use this to create a skate animation by using the folder as horizontal movement and the skate in it as the height of the ollie. I ended up scrapping it because I don't have the patience and it was more complex than I thought.
It's certainly possible but you do need a patience to make it. It has similar principle with gimmick rigging (piston, joint, rotator). In fact I always has separate independent folder for all 3 anchor which at the time I thought enough. But I found it's kinda hard to make curved motion.
Recently I've been experimenting with lower body anchor parented to middle body anchor. I got slightly curved motion with that.

Reactions: genericNeet

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022

I made a quick, a lot simpler version of what I wanted to make using only cubes and a folder (I wanted it to be down the set of stairs of one of the park maps, my problems were mainly with the character movement). Don't look at it to closely because I know nothing about animation. The effect is subtle, but by deactivating the movement of some of the parts in the timeline it can be seen the effect they have.

Here is the scene:
Skate thing.png
Shitty gif because why not:
Skate.gif
(I only installed this game to badly animate skate tricks, I swear)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote