Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

richman1975

Aug 24, 2020
Anybody know of a way to make a moving map. I know several vnge scenes have a moving car. Using maps that I have. I know it's probably not an actual moving map but more like the illusion of the map moving. If anybody knows how to do so any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

alex7892

May 2, 2021
I'm finding a real lack of instructions on how to get node constraints installed in StudioNEOV2. Instructions say to just copy the NodesConstraints.dll into the "Plugins" folder. I understand it is developed for several games but some example paths would be handy. Then there is a note that HSExtSave.dll is required. Oh, and don't forget IPA which just gives me an error when I ALT drag the StudioNEOV2 onto the IPA.EXE (Couldn't find DLLs! Make sure you extracted all contents of the release archive).

So I have copied NodesConstraints.dll & HSExtSave.dll to the game directory and HS2\StudioNEOV2_Data\Plugins. Pretty sure IPA is applied to the StudioNEOV2 Better Repack R8 version I am running as other plugins load and run so I’m thinking I don’t even need to worry about IPA. When in Studio, and with an object selected, pressing [CNTRL]+[n] gives a message saying Disabled Received Shadows and the nodes constraint window never appears. Any advice? Sorry if I sound sarcastic. That would be the frustration of never having complete instructions on how to do things. I do appreciate the work the developers do and provide.

Aug 11, 2020
I'm finding a real lack of instructions on how to get node constraints installed in StudioNEOV2. Instructions say to just copy the NodesConstraints.dll into the "Plugins" folder. I understand it is developed for several games but some example paths would be handy. Then there is a note that HSExtSave.dll is required. Oh, and don't forget IPA which just gives me an error when I ALT drag the StudioNEOV2 onto the IPA.EXE (Couldn't find DLLs! Make sure you extracted all contents of the release archive).

So I have copied NodesConstraints.dll & HSExtSave.dll to the game directory and HS2\StudioNEOV2_Data\Plugins. Pretty sure IPA is applied to the StudioNEOV2 Better Repack R8 version I am running as other plugins load and run so I’m thinking I don’t even need to worry about IPA. When in Studio, and with an object selected, pressing [CNTRL]+[n] gives a message saying Disabled Received Shadows and the nodes constraint window never appears. Any advice? Sorry if I sound sarcastic. That would be the frustration of never having complete instructions on how to do things. I do appreciate the work the developers do and provide.
That's the main problem with the repacks: everything thrown in one huge heap and you have to figure out yourself because the guy who did the repack removed all instructions. This game desperately needs a decent wiki page (not hosted on unreliable websites like hongfire, ulmf and this one).

Press F1 to bring up the options, then enable the keyboard shortcuts option at the top of the window. You can change the shortcut (or remove it) for the plugin (forgot the name, but it uses [left ctrl] + [n] and [m]). Then check the shortcut for Node Constraints. It's listed as [left ctrl] + [i ]now.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

So, the NodesConstraints were developed as the "first generation" animation tool. There are better tools since.

If your goal is to do animation, then go with VNGE and forget about NC completely. Most pre 2022 tutorials are outdated at this point, as they focus on older approaches to using this tool.

VNGE is a collection of utilities. What you want is its Timeline component. Tinker with it for 30 minutes and you should get it.

When you do animations, split animations into different clips: one for body, one for face, one for camera. Don't put everything into one clip. Have transition clips to move from one scene to another.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Otherwise, gzrtjhgtyhjljk nailed it.

Last edited:

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Aside from the maps inside the repack, do anybody know where to downlpad additional map, items and clothes for studio neo ?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Aside from the maps inside the repack, do anybody know where to downlpad additional map, items and clothes for studio neo ?
Yuki Portal or Discord are normally good places to look for both. Kenzato Booru sometimes has outfit cards.

Reactions: hkproduction

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Would anyone know, where is the data for plugin settings is stored? Namely, when you press F1 and change settings -- where are the changes saved?

I'd like to move that "save file" from my older version to the one I just migrated to. Thank you.

alex7892

May 2, 2021
So, the NodesConstraints were developed as the "first generation" animation tool. There are better tools since.

If your goal is to do animation, then go with VNGE and forget about NC completely. Most pre 2022 tutorials are outdated at this point, as they focus on older approaches to using this tool.

VNGE is a collection of utilities. What you want is its Timeline component. Tinker with it for 30 minutes and you should get it.

When you do animations, split animations into different clips: one for body, one for face, one for camera. Don't put everything into one clip. Have transition clips to move from one scene to another.

Otherwise, gzrtjhgtyhjljk nailed it.
Thank you and gzrtjhgtyhjljk. F1! So simple!
Actually I'm trying to stop the hanging affect seen when FK animation is selected. I thought if I tied the character node to a non-animated part it might stop that annoying affect.... didn't work. View attachment StudioNEOV2 FK Swing affect.avi

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Thank you and gzrtjhgtyhjljk. F1! So simple!
Actually I'm trying to stop the hanging affect seen when FK animation is selected. I thought if I tied the character node to a non-animated part it might stop that annoying affect.... didn't work. View attachment 1764855
Can you post that very scene? There are a few things I can think of that are causing that but I need to see if the animation speed is set to 0.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Im intrigued with this method.
I always paired both shoulders, thigh and hips IK to an object and move it around in a single timeline.
Can you elaborate please?
Most of the scene posted in the discord channel use default animation and tinker it with some gimmick.
But I dont really like that method.
So Id like to know other method from the usually I used.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I always paired both shoulders, thigh and hips IK to an object and move it around in a single timeline.
Most of the scene posted in the discord channel use default animation and tinker it with some gimmick.
The VNGE's module ClipMan now allows you to record each FK nod separtely. Hence, you can set up multiple clips where each clip is responsible for one single FK nod.

The reason why you want different clips is randomness: by making each clip of a different length, the animation appears completely random. Great for certain scenes. I.e. this orgasm here consists of multiple face/body/eye/mouth/etc. clips that all converge nicely to illustrate an orgasm:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Do I understand correctly - you actually capture an object's position, yet this object is linked to body parts which get animated using IK approach?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Do I understand correctly - you actually capture an object's position, yet this object is linked to body parts which get animated using IK approach?
Usually i just put an object (usually a transparent cube) somewhere not disturbing my scene, linked it to the IK with Node, and register the object to the scene and move it around.
Like this :

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Are there manuals on how to make shaders? I am after xray-like shaders. We used to have nice BlobShadow and Hooh's xray dick, but alas, they are gone like the tears in the rain.

Aug 11, 2020
Is there a good method to match the HooH dick color and the character's body color? Or am I using the wrong male body skin or shader?

I've tried a lot and it always looks silly, like this:

mismatched skins.jpg

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Is there a way to make an apron go over a T-shirt? Since both an apron and a T-shirt are pieces from the "Top" category, they can't be worn at the same time.

This is what I would like to achieve:

HS2_2022-04-22-15-26-35-592.png

However, the image above is a cheat because the T-shirt is body-painted:

And I'd like to use a true 3d T-shirt model to go under an apron.

Aug 11, 2020
Is there a way to make an apron go over a T-shirt? Since both an apron and a T-shirt are pieces from the "Top" category, they can't be worn at the same time.

This is what I would like to achieve:

View attachment 1770058

However, the image above is a cheat because the T-shirt is body-painted:

And I'd like to use a true 3d T-shirt model to go under an apron.
Look in other categories. Most of the vanilla tops also exist in other categories (gloves, pantyhose, socks, ...). They will most likely clip though.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote