Mod Imouto! Life ~Fantasy~ Color Mod [v0.84] [Steam] [Daseson]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

baha_rojo

Dec 28, 2020
Such extremely high quality work there... It's a real shame i love the blonde sister so much that id still go with black and white if that gives even the very little blonde scenes.

Still very, very good work. gl on your career. Glad people still do mods for this amazing game

• Red Heart
Reactions: akapp and Daseson

baha_rojo

Dec 28, 2020
Such extremely high quality work there... It's a real shame i love the blonde sister so much that id still go with black and white if that gives even the very little blonde scenes.

Still very, very good work. gl on your career. Glad people still do mods for this amazing game
Nevermind it!! I just found out downloading blonde after downloading this patch just fixes all the images, and improves on the original patch! All i can say is thanks for improving such a good game. Really

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Nevermind it!! I just found out downloading blonde after downloading this patch just fixes all the images, and improves on the original patch! All i can say is thanks for improving such a good game. Really
The idea of making the sister change her hair color after the great adventure was always in my head, to the point of studying the game code.

Look what I got:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll leave it here as an open idea, I'll really think about it since I made the decision to do a monochrome project and I really want to keep my word to finish it.

Groudon2000

Apr 8, 2019
The idea of making the sister change her hair color after the great adventure was always in my head, to the point of studying the game code.

Look what I got:

I'll leave it here as an open idea, I'll really think about it since I made the decision to do a monochrome project and I really want to keep my word to finish it.
Even though I really love the blonde hair, it's totally understandable that you don't really feel like doing that, for it would mean a huge amount of extra work and I can't even imagine how much extra work

Reactions: akapp

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
Even though I really love the blonde hair, it's totally understandable that you don't really feel like doing that, for it would mean a huge amount of extra work and I can't even imagine how much extra work
Adding if-else statement for every cutin, sex scene initialization and everyday imoutos.
Nobody will do this by hand, mind you. Just make script to replace every instance of loading appropriate image with if-else and loading one from set of two images. Depending on language that would be... around 2 lines of code?

For images: I pray daseson doesn't delete her raw images with layers after finishing with scene, otherwise it won't be *just* changing color hair hue.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
I was really thinking about it and the truth is that this addition would be a great quality addition to the mod. I want to try it, but as I always say that it will not be something fast, it will take time. So please be patient with me.

Adding if-else statement for every cutin, sex scene initialization and everyday imoutos.
Nobody will do this by hand, mind you. Just make script to replace every instance of loading appropriate image with if-else and loading one from set of two images. Depending on language that would be... around 2 lines of code?

For images: I pray daseson doesn't delete her raw images with layers after finishing with scene, otherwise it won't be *just* changing color hair hue.

If, actually the code modification is super easy, note that with the FFFOX MOD and the translation modifications most of the code is documented and the language is very easy to understand, so it would be a piece of cake to just do the conditionals,

On the other hand, the images, although if I have the backup I have to highlight that I do not save all of them since it would overload my cloud, I only keep the most laborious ones, such as the PICTURE of the sister's foot, most of CG (Of these I only keep the first since the others is only to modify the skin and shadows) and one other additional,

Images such as cutins and chibi images if I don't save them because they are really easy to paint

As a conclusion, from my point of view, this work is something that would give a lot of quality value to my mod, however, it is something that would take me some time and if I want to do it.

But as always we must take into account that I have 2 coloring projects and I must give content in both so the progress would be slow.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Hi guys,

I've been studying and practicing the color change thing and it seems necessary to me, so I promise to do it.

Now the problem would be the update that is coming in May, since it will add new things and modify old ones, so if I get to work a lot on this new hair change and when the update comes out the code changes a lot I will have to do it again. ...

Again the inusuku updates affect my plans :/.

But hey, here's one more example of how it would look:

For now I will just paint the new images with blonde hair and keep them for myself, when the update comes out I will work on the code, the hair color in old images and do tests.

I also talked to the creator of the FFFOX mod and he gave me permission for my mod and his to be merged since as both will modify the code the idea is to have both in the same project so that they don't have to decide between one or the other.

At the moment we can only wait for the inusuku update with great expectations and thus be able to move forward with my mod and the FFFOX mod since the creator told me that he plans to add more things but when the dlc comes out

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Hi guys

Unfortunately this week I will not be able to upload an update due to lack of content...

I haven't had enough time to paint as much as I would have liked.

I'm sorry (╥︣﹏᷅╥)

As compensation I leave you a preview of one of Hscene that I was working on.

If they follow the monochrome mod, that one will also be delayed...

Again I am sorry ಥ_ಥ

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Hello,

Sorry for being so inactive lately some things have happened and well my time to work has been reduced,

But hey today I wanted to show you an example of how I've improved over time doing a vs of one of my first colored images.

This is really where I say "wow" I have improved a lot and I can still improve much more.

I hope you like the image and if you have any suggestions please tell me, I am always open to suggestions or improvements (Of course as long as they fit the project).

I hope you like it :giggle: .

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
Hello,

Sorry for being so inactive lately some things have happened and well my time to work has been reduced,

But hey today I wanted to show you an example of how I've improved over time doing a vs of one of my first colored images.

This is really where I say "wow" I have improved a lot and I can still improve much more.

I hope you like the image and if you have any suggestions please tell me, I am always open to suggestions or improvements (Of course as long as they fit the project).

I hope you like it :giggle: .
glad you are recognizing your own growth. also, not sure if its just me but I think the skirt, ribbon and apron looks silky(?) and abit off, unless thats what the direction you are going for. plus, the brown shoes could use a little bit of touch up too (maybe commit on making the lines visible and have the sole a different color). other than that the picture looks great, keep it up!

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
glad you are recognizing your own growth. also, not sure if its just me but I think the skirt, ribbon and apron looks silky(?) and abit off, unless thats what the direction you are going for. plus, the brown shoes could use a little bit of touch up too (maybe commit on making the lines visible and have the sole a different color). other than that the picture looks great, keep it up!

Hi, thanks for your comments,

When you mention the ribbon on the apron, it really is white in many of the illustrations, as shown by inusuku, but suspiciously in this CG it is black and I don't know why, I tried to lighten it in my own way so that it wouldn't be a very pale white.

Reviewing the images again I see that I made small mistakes:
1681999967375.png
This part is white since it is a strip of ribbon and I painted it blue

This part :/
1682001162789.png

On the part of the kana shoes, there is a separation between the soles and the leather.
1682000113044.png
Although of course it is very small due to limitations of the original drawing.

And I really don't like to redraw unless it is absolutely necessary since the idea of my coloring is to keep the essence of the inusuku work

If you have any other observations feel free to comment.

Last edited:

ーはかせ

Sep 25, 2021
Hi, thanks for your comments,

When you mention the ribbon on the apron, it really is white in many of the illustrations, as shown by inusuku, but suspiciously in this CG it is black and I don't know why, I tried to lighten it in my own way so that it wouldn't be a very pale white.

Reviewing the images again I see that I made small mistakes:
View attachment 2560306
This part is white since it is a strip of ribbon and I painted it blue

This part :/
View attachment 2560383

On the part of the kana shoes, there is a separation between the soles and the leather.
View attachment 2560311
Although of course it is very small due to limitations of the original drawing.

And I really don't like to redraw unless it is absolutely necessary since the idea of my coloring is to keep the essence of the inusuku work

If you have any other observations feel free to comment.
I think it's black because of the way Inusuku does shading in monochromatic CGs. Since most CG's only use black or white, I think he paints some pieces black to better differentiate against another black piece. In this case, since the shirt is white, he made her dress black... But if he made the ribbon white as it should, the 'shading' (or whatever the name) would be black and difficult to see against the already black dress:

In some cases, maybe when it's easy to differentiate against the black dress, he makes the ribbon white with black 'shading'.
Like here:
But sometimes he does half white and half black like here, maybe because of the background:

But also this monochromatic style isn't 100% consistent: the art for battle events, some illustrations and cgs aren't 100% monochromatic, some shading is in grayscale:

My best guess is, the strictly b&w art is made quicker/early in development and the art with more shading tones are given priority/more attention during development (cut ins, special CGs, ending, battle graphics).

My suggestion would be to, in some cases, invert the shading in the strictly monochromatic CGs. In other words, make the white details or 'shading' black instead. In this case the ribbon would be white with black shading and for example, in the case of Kana's skirt:

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
I like your final conclusion,

It was really something I thought about when coloring but I already had the skirt painted and doing them upside down looked very strange which would make me have to repaint the whole skirt again, so I tried adding shadows and it turned out quite well in my opinion since they simulate depth which is what we would expect from a skirt.

Look, I share you with and without shadows

Thanks for your message, it really made me see the images in a different way and it will help me in future colorings.

This could help me with the problem I have with the school swimsuits since in both versions (Fantasy and Monochrome) they look a bit strange in the developing color images that I have.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
amazing work, very high quality. Would it be possible to send small tips via crypto?
Hello, I appreciate the gesture, but as I mentioned in the publication, this work is not mine, it belongs to inusuku and I would feel bad receiving money for it.

For me, the reactions or comments they make about my work, whether bad or good, is more than enough motivation.

If you still want to support the project monetarily, I invite you to donate to the creator inusuku so you will support him to create more games.

On the main page is your CI-in there you can donate if you wish.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes