Mod Wolf RPG Imouto! Life ~Fantasy~ FFFox Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

AlesInWonderland

Nov 6, 2022
I had an instance where I learned Iron Wall from the book then used skill points on it then about 3 weeks later got a scene at the guild where I got a tip for Iron Wall. I checked my skills and this unlearned the skill. I don't know if this is a base game thing or not since I haven't encountered unlearning skills getting hints about one I already learned from books and used skill points on.

Follow up: Iron Wall triggered in combat without me relearning it, however it appears *Grey* in status like I do not know the skill.

Last edited:

Azur3cross

Dec 26, 2017
So pardon me for being kinda dumb, but do I have to install the mods from 1.50 and up, or do I just need the 1.60 mod only and none of the others beyond the wolf folder?

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
View attachment 3851956

Also attempted the Hotfix.
These are basic images that come with the mod, so it was not installed correctly. You'll need to reinstall the base mod following the mod's installation instructions, as the hotfix was only a patch for those who already had the mod installed.

I had an instance where I learned Iron Wall from the book then used skill points on it then about 3 weeks later got a scene at the guild where I got a tip for Iron Wall. I checked my skills and this unlearned the skill. I don't know if this is a base game thing or not since I haven't encountered unlearning skills getting hints about one I already learned from books and used skill points on.

Follow up: Iron Wall triggered in combat without me relearning it, however it appears *Grey* in status like I do not know the skill.
That's a new one. Did some digging, and found out that it auto converts for Iron Will to Robust upon a certain load (even if you had unfortunately also already learned Robust). :unsure: I...have no clue why Inusuku set this part of the code up? It also appears like this might only be for the first save that does it? I am fully unsure, as it's part of the loading process of saves, which I am not nearly confident to touch yet, despite my experience with WolfRPG. However, it's apparently a feature of the dev's.

So pardon me for being kinda dumb, but do I have to install the mods from 1.50 and up, or do I just need the 1.60 mod only and none of the others beyond the wolf folder?
Just the version you're wanting to install. I usually keep a few older ones in case I massively mess up somehow.

psychomad

Aug 1, 2020
I think I found it. :unsure: For some reason, I think checking the album was causing a variable to be changed in the wet dream processing, so I tinkered with it a bit, and I believe it is working now. I reuploaded the 1.6.0, but here's a quick hotfix attachment with the changed variable. (Your saves should still be useable).

...Though now the save not loading issue is worrying me even more. Hm...
The hotfix worked. It's weird that you weren't able to load my save. There's nothing special with the installation I did (downloaded the latest version from dlsite, decrypted with wolfdec, and installed the 1.6.0 mod).

Thanks for the quick fix!

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
The hotfix worked. It's weird that you weren't able to load my save. There's nothing special with the installation I did (downloaded the latest version from dlsite, decrypted with wolfdec, and installed the 1.6.0 mod).

Thanks for the quick fix!
I could load it from a fresh install, just not from my main version, which only makes it weirder, as the mod is created using my main version, and the only stipulation for a save file in WolfRPG is the game's internal name, which is the same.

Ridesdragons

Feb 14, 2022
noticed an (minor) odd issue. currently playing on a NG+ save that was originally done through prpr's translation. noting their instruction, I made sure to enable save cleaning on the config, loaded the save, and then saved over it, before adding FFFox mod. after loading into the save with FFFox, I got the typical "hey I've got magic powers now" dialogue (as well as the "we beat the monkeys" dialogue... in day 69?), so I went and used magic to give her fox ears, and then clicked on her and then backed out of the menu repeatedly to see her move around the room into the new positions, and then saved my game. she now visibly has fox ears in the room and the icons have been changed to account for that. I click on her again, before backing out and... her fox ears are gone. the icons are reverted, and it seems she doesn't move into her new positions anymore. I tried reloading the save, and see that she has fox ears for a split second before reverting to default. she still has fox ears when I click on her, but the room and icons aren't changed anymore. I use magic to make her a fox again, and everything's back to before. I save, and it breaks again.

I thought this might be because I had put FFFox mod on top of prpr's version, so I took my save files and moved them over to shade's version, then put FFFox onto shade's version, and loaded my save. aaaaand... it still breaks whenever I save.

tl;dr for some reason saving the game turns fox imouto into a schrodinger's fox.

attached is the save (save 6).

steps to repeat:
1. use magic to turn imouto into a fox
2. save the game
3. click on imouto, then back out (or reload the save). imouto will be reverted to normal.

everything else works fine as far as I could tell

if I have to do a fresh start/ng+ again, I can do that, though I was hoping to get more ng+ points before I do that again.

EDIT: yep, that hotfix fixed it, thanks m8

Last edited:

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
noticed an (minor) odd issue. currently playing on a NG+ save that was originally done through prpr's translation. noting their instruction, I made sure to enable save cleaning on the config, loaded the save, and then saved over it, before adding FFFox mod. after loading into the save with FFFox, I got the typical "hey I've got magic powers now" dialogue (as well as the "we beat the monkeys" dialogue... in day 69?), so I went and used magic to give her fox ears, and then clicked on her and then backed out of the menu repeatedly to see her move around the room into the new positions, and then saved my game. she now visibly has fox ears in the room and the icons have been changed to account for that. I click on her again, before backing out and... her fox ears are gone. the icons are reverted, and it seems she doesn't move into her new positions anymore. I tried reloading the save, and see that she has fox ears for a split second before reverting to default. she still has fox ears when I click on her, but the room and icons aren't changed anymore. I use magic to make her a fox again, and everything's back to before. I save, and it breaks again.

I thought this might be because I had put FFFox mod on top of prpr's version, so I took my save files and moved them over to shade's version, then put FFFox onto shade's version, and loaded my save. aaaaand... it still breaks whenever I save.

tl;dr for some reason saving the game turns fox imouto into a schrodinger's fox.

attached is the save (save 6).

steps to repeat:
1. use magic to turn imouto into a fox
2. save the game
3. click on imouto, then back out (or reload the save). imouto will be reverted to normal.

everything else works fine as far as I could tell

if I have to do a fresh start/ng+ again, I can do that, though I was hoping to get more ng+ points before I do that again.
Is she a kitsune? Is she not? You never know until you click. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I think I found the bug. Another quick hotfix below, and the main file updated once again.

psychomad

Aug 1, 2020
I've come to consult with something and it's just making sure if I have the worst RNG right now or if there's an actual problem. Since I made a completely fresh game from the mod, I still need to unlock the sex positions.

It's been 121 days and I haven't gotten the doujin masturbation event which, in my understanding, unlocks the cowgirl position. I've also been keeping imouto's interest in the mid point for reasons so I'm not sure if that also affects the chances of this event happening but from my experience, it can happen as early as you have ecchi books in your inventory.

I've tried save scumming as well and I simply can't get the event. Maybe I'll try for another hour or so and see if it's just shitty RNG.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I've come to consult with something and it's just making sure if I have the worst RNG right now or if there's an actual problem. Since I made a completely fresh game from the mod, I still need to unlock the sex positions.

It's been 121 days and I haven't gotten the doujin masturbation event which, in my understanding, unlocks the cowgirl position. I've also been keeping imouto's interest in the mid point for reasons so I'm not sure if that also affects the chances of this event happening but from my experience, it can happen as early as you have ecchi books in your inventory.

I've tried save scumming as well and I simply can't get the event. Maybe I'll try for another hour or so and see if it's just shitty RNG.
It's actually not tied to that event in that manner (it's actually the opposite; if you have the cowgirl skill, that scene becomes more likely, instead). It's simply tied to a 10% chance if you have a doujinshi or ecchi manga in your inventory. It's also a bonus event that can happen after most of the random events, in which the brother comments on his stash getting organized. (Note, I do not believe it can happen with the inn's set of random events.)

Reactions: psychomad

psychomad

Aug 1, 2020
10% huh? I posted it here just in case it's a bug but it might be just me being extremely unlucky at the moment. I'm still in the hot springs section so I'll see if I can get it within 100 reloads.

psychomad

Aug 1, 2020
It's also a bonus event that can happen after most of the random events
Looks like I was just really unlucky for 120 days straight. I got the event literally after just one reload. Also thanks to specifically this part since I thought it was a different event that gave the skill so my previous reloading session was done it wrong.

Reactions: BlueFireNick

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I am fully unsure, as it's part of the loading process of saves, which I am not nearly confident to touch yet, despite my experience with WolfRPG.
Yeah, the way the game (or engine?) handles saves is indeed super weird. Despite how picky it is about the game title, it doesn't seem to care at all about other potentially very important aspects of the game, like how many global variables it has, or how many events it has. I added a bunch of (largely blank) common events fairly recently and as has been reported, it does still seem to load into the base game version without issue. But save files will just continue to store any values from other versions indefinitely, which is why old FFFox Mod saves cause an event to be missed in the base DLC game (should not happen in my version, though probably does in Shades's). I tried to make a cleaner function to scrub all the global variables I've added, but it doesn't catch the handful of local variable changes I've done, so there is still a bit of potential for conflict... Hopefully nothing has actually come of it, though.

As for load editing, if you're not keen on messing with that code directly (I haven't), you can also fix things up after the fact. I think room map event 03 (pages 1 & 2) cover all instances of post-load functions and are where I've put my external config initialization calls and they seem to work just fine. I don't know any of the code stuff related to weird skill learning but I did notice that Shades had originally translated some of the skill discovery lines incorrectly (ie he mixed up which skill it was), which I noticed during testing when a different skill than specified was added and actually checked back against the Japanese and it was indeed different.

Reactions: flynn1986

Alongsoide

Jun 23, 2021
it seems that newest version isn't compatible with color mod or im doing something wrong

EDIT : Nevermind it works

Last edited:

flynn1986

Dec 4, 2022
I think the only thing left is to wait for Kagura's lazy ass to push out the dlc with Inusuku's official uncensored art for the things it adds, right?

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Yeah, the way the game (or engine?) handles saves is indeed super weird. Despite how picky it is about the game title, it doesn't seem to care at all about other potentially very important aspects of the game, like how many global variables it has, or how many events it has. I added a bunch of (largely blank) common events fairly recently and as has been reported, it does still seem to load into the base game version without issue. But save files will just continue to store any values from other versions indefinitely, which is why old FFFox Mod saves cause an event to be missed in the base DLC game (should not happen in my version, though probably does in Shades's). I tried to make a cleaner function to scrub all the global variables I've added, but it doesn't catch the handful of local variable changes I've done, so there is still a bit of potential for conflict... Hopefully nothing has actually come of it, though.

As for load editing, if you're not keen on messing with that code directly (I haven't), you can also fix things up after the fact. I think room map event 03 (pages 1 & 2) cover all instances of post-load functions and are where I've put my external config initialization calls and they seem to work just fine. I don't know any of the code stuff related to weird skill learning but I did notice that Shades had originally translated some of the skill discovery lines incorrectly (ie he mixed up which skill it was), which I noticed during testing when a different skill than specified was added and actually checked back against the Japanese and it was indeed different.
I've set up the mod to clean the dlc events as well when playing, so the saves would be compatible. However, there is that one part of the code where it randomly switches skills, and, right above it, it has a part where on one save, possible the first time, you auto gain like 60 skill points if you don't get past 1000 interest or trust in the first 30 days, but if you do, it resets the variable to 999, then deactivates? And while this was the first I'd heard of either instance, I know this particular map event is loading each time a save is loaded, since it's the one that resets the sister's position in the room upon first load. Confusion! o_O

I think the only thing left is to wait for Kagura's lazy ass to push out the dlc with Inusuku's official uncensored art for the things it adds, right?
We do have mello's great decensor, though, for now. Plus, Kagura has to restart the entire translation process, since it can't be carried over (and they're not even using Translator++ to make it easier, poor folks), so we'd be lucky to get it by the end of the year, even if they try to fastball it.

SwordRCL

Jan 30, 2020
BlueFireNick when i apply the last hotfix this screen appear, this happen only when you select english for the language.

ScreenShot_2024_0721_20_11_00.png

and when you select japanase it changes to this one but you cant back to english language again even when you select it in a new game, it doesn't change, it remains in japanese

ScreenShot_2024_0721_20_12_28.png

This happens with no old save, nothing old, everything downloaded again from zero.

Eeeee1111

Sep 13, 2022
Have you ever thought about incorporating the DLC morning H scenes into the regular H mode as selectable positions (specifically the holding hands and doggy position ones)? I was expecting Inusuku to do that from the start, so it's kind of a shame that some of the best looking art in the game is relegated to still images and locked to weekends only. Though this is probably an ambitious idea because it would require animating the scenes and adding clothing variants. Or alternatively just turning them into the automatic progression style scenes like the toilet one.

Last edited:

paparabos

Nov 25, 2023
Great work Blue!

Out curiosity, there is a compiled of the features the DLC?
I have been searching but did not find anything about all the features the DLC has.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes