Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv1.0.1] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Just a small update this week, wasn't sure I was going to even bother but then I tried to fix an annoying issue with using keyboard controls during Midnight Play and found something that I think works. Aside from that, very few script changes, and hopefully I didn't accidentally mess up some line somewhere just doing other stuff...

So the thing that might be interesting is the new config option, NightCursorRefresh. It only has any effect if keyboard controls for Midnight Play are enabled and is intended to address the annoying issue where the cursor changes its position and goes invisible while you're trying to have a good time. I think the reason the game does this is because of inactivity, but I can't find where it actually calls the function that does it so I couldn't fix it directly. Frustratingly, simulated mouse inputs do not seem to count as activity. However, when the cursor moves to the edge of the window where it changes to the resize icon, this registers as mouse activity, so I made a function to automatically refresh the cursor by shoving it all the way to the top corner for a frame before bringing it back to where it was every ~50 seconds, which in testing seemed to prevent it from going invisible. Also added a manual refresh that can be performed with R, which works even if the automatic option is disabled if you find the automatic refresh too distracting or something (I tried to make it as unintrusive as possible but still). This might not work in fullscreen mode (no idea), but the sprite scaling looks terrible doing that anyhow so it's fine, right?

Anyway, gonna work on some stuff that might never see the light of day :KEK:

Last edited:

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021
If you do decide to make your own monochrome inspired game like someone else already did (living in Viellci), I'll be looking forward to it myself, especially since you have a great grasp of language and skillful with development.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
If you do decide to make your own monochrome inspired game like someone else already did (living in Viellci), I'll be looking forward to it myself, especially since you have a great grasp of language and skillful with development.
If you've been paying attention to LiV you'll see how much more of a mountain that is. The latest update is art bound.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Haha, honestly I am inspired, and I do have ideas, but anything that happens would be on an absurd timeline. I've done a decent amount of hobbyist-level programming in my life and had been working on something in Godot prior to running into this game, so it's not like I wouldn't very much like to make something of my own one day. I'd love to make something that is genuinely just a straight up good game, but also you go home and enjoy family values with your darling little sister. Like imagine except also horny. My twisted sense of humor would enjoy seeing people's reactions to that.

Art is definitely a battle for me though, but enough time can fix pretty much all problems if one really wants to. Part of my playing with some weirder content in this game is pushing myself to see if I can pull anything off on that side of things as well. I have to say, the monochrome aspect certainly makes it much, much easier.

So yeah, I wouldn't expect anything to come of it, but certainly I'll be playing around with stuff for my own sake. There's a good chance it'll come to nothing, but I'm just out here enjoying life so whatever happens, happens.

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021
If you've been paying attention to LiV you'll see how much more of a mountain that is. The latest update is art bound.
It is a very tall order yeah, but hey I believe prpr has got it in him, should he want to.

That being said, I ain't gonna force him either, all I'm saying is if he suddenly announces he was doing that then my eyes would be watching.

DutchOven

Jul 26, 2022
Outstanding. You are awesome. If I could have you translate every Japanese game on the site, I would. Keep up the amazing work!

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
If I could have you translate every Japanese game on the site, I would. Keep up the amazing work!
Thanks but please spare me :ROFLMAO:
I have to say, it saddens me that this is no longer the standard for a fan game translation. I don't think I've done anything above and beyond what I enjoyed across many games back in the day (like 15 years ago...), but the world does change, huh? I'm just grateful that Inusuku made such an exceptional game that I felt compelled to contribute what I could to the experience.

Been taking a break with some non-Imouto gaming (if only every game understood) but I really should actually run directly through the script some time just hunting down whatever errors are left, though testing in-game is certainly much more fun (and better for toying with the formatting). Probably time to also finally do the hard mode playthrough that I've wanted to do forever but have continued to put off for the sake of expediency.

bot193

Jul 30, 2024
Thank you for your superb translation. Although I can tolerate ok translations, I much prefer having an excellent one, so that it doesn't mess up the flow of my gaming experience.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Imouto_prpr

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Thank you for your superb translation. Although I can tolerate ok translations, I much prefer having an excellent one, so that it doesn't mess up the flow of my gaming experience.
It's been my pleasure. Read your review as well, and yeah, the Kagura translation is more of a mystery than I initially had imagined it would be. I never actually played that version, but I have peeked at it a few times to compare stuff and every time I do I discover something bizarre. Honestly, I get the impression that whoever they had doing the bulk of the translation isn't a native English speaker; there are too many weird things that just don't make sense for a fluent speaker to write. Like, no one would abbreviate "Tournament of the Eight Princes" as "The Eights". "Princes" is plural, not "eight"... whatever.

The "blow on" thing is actually the most recent absurdity that I saw as well, lol. I was looking for the version history for reference (should've known they would've just cut it entirely) and found that nonsense. The insane part is I kind of get it; they somehow sort of transliterated "biroーn (びろーん)", completely ignoring the context that makes it obvious what's going on, as well as skipping any attempt at just thinking about how ridiculous what they wrote is. I'm quite sure that they do have people who do know Japanese on staff but stuff like that makes me think that the bulk of the work was done by someone who doesn't know either Japanese or English especially well (I've seen it reported that their Chinese translation is good though?).

Reactions: johnson.lv42

kaossss

Jan 6, 2024
I am really torn right now between your translation and the FFFox mod... It's two of the best mods for the game right now (well, at least from my point of view), but they are not compatible. I really can't imagine playing vanilla version after trying the FFFox mod once, since it adds so much good stuff like additional scenes, but also I really want to try it with your translation/fixes/improvements. And you both, BlueFireNick and you, don't have any plans on working on compatibility... It's such a bummer. And the sad part is that I don't even see any possibility of it happening, because it would require both of you to fully cooperate, and it's probably not going to happen out of nowhere...

Anyway, thanks for your work, hope you will continue working, maybe with some other titles. Just wanted to vent a bit on a non-issue I have lol.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
And the sad part is that I don't even see any possibility of it happening, because it would require both of you to fully cooperate, and it's probably not going to happen out of nowhere...
While I'm too hesitant about things to go all-in on an FFFox version of the game, it actually doesn't require any special coordination for someone to port my TL into Nick's version if they want; you just need to be prepared to copy and sometimes reformat ~7000 lines or so to make a language pack for FFFox Mod. It's just hard for me to justify doing all that extra work for a version of the game that I don't intend to play myself.

tamakool

Sep 12, 2020
if you go with show underwear and move on further until ejaculation part it's translated as Fire instead of ejaculate, got FFFox mod installed.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
if you go with show underwear and move on further until ejaculation part it's translated as Fire instead of ejaculate, got FFFox mod installed.
FFFox Mod will overwrite the translation (and the rest of the game code), not much I can do about that. Also, that's actually a literal translation, so it's not technically wrong, lol.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
So anyone paying attention may have noticed that it's been a long time since an update and I'd like to assure you that I have been gaming very diligently as not to waste time on irrelevant things like TL projects.

Jokes aside I have been doing a bit on this front as well. Have been going over all the game's scripts and testing lines in-game to tidy up line formatting across everything, as well as making whatever fixes I've come across. But, overall, there have not been a large number of actual fixes, so I've not been in a rush to push anything. At this point, I think things are approaching a "1.0.0" release, so I intend to get some extra documentation and whatnot sorted to be included with that as well.

As for features, I'm working on a simple cheat menu because why not? Maybe sometimes you just need a bunch of Lust and Vigor, for whatever reason. As for extended content, I had some fun, but think I'm unlikely to end up releasing anything major in this department. Not that my experimentation wasn't successful, but ultimately, if I'm going to be putting a bunch of time into creating art and code, perhaps someone else's game made in Wolf Engine (blegh) isn't the right target.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yumabaka

Mar 29, 2024
umm sorry but after how to i continue the story (like scene with other girls) after 101 days? Sorry in advance i just found out this game on twitter

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
umm sorry but after how to i continue the story (like scene with other girls) after 101 days? Sorry in advance i just found out this game on twitter
Hey no worries, just keep playing after the main story and the game will soon push you along into a weekend event. Following that, you'll soon get a weekday option for a 999 day subjugation request which will be the end of the pre-DLC content. After that the DLC story will open up on weekdays with the bulk of the new content in or unlocked by going through it.

yumabaka

Mar 29, 2024
Hey no worries, just keep playing after the main story and the game will soon push you along into a weekend event. Following that, you'll soon get a weekday option for a 999 day subjugation request which will be the end of the pre-DLC content. After that the DLC story will open up on weekdays with the bulk of the new content in or unlocked by going through it.
im at day 137 rn hhh

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes