VN Ren'Py Imperial Chronicles [v0.4] [Lazy Monkey]

4.70 star(s) 41 Votes

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Wow what an awesome start!

The girls are great the setting is great and the writing is fluid. The choices seem pretty meaningful and diverse.

+++ for pregnancy content right from the get-go :love: I hope the bar-maid wasn't just a one off I want MC to fulfil his promise to take care of his potential bastard child.

I'm glad Cassandra fixed her hair so it's long and beautiful and not short and butch. Generally twincest or incest with a younger sister beats incest with an older half sister but I'm really drawn to Cassandra she's beautiful and interesting and would make a good queen/partner if she doesn't let herself get too ambitious. I hope that if you align yourself with her and promised to marry her she will be loyal to you (where as it seems pretty obvious if you go for either one of your full sisters she will work against you).

Can't wait to see where the story goes!

Reactions: FAEN1134

Variq

Jul 26, 2020
H'mm, just checking if the English is implemented yet or not? unfortunately, I cannot read any Russian. It opens in Russian, and I've tried each of the 'words' (sorry don't know their meanings, lol) but haven't been able to find any option that switches it to English, for myself it will be very difficult to follow any story if I can't read it. Let me know if there's an easy fix/sort for this, if not, good luck with it, and I can see about checking on a later update to see if I can find the English part

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
H'mm, just checking if the English is implemented yet or not? unfortunately, I cannot read any Russian. It opens in Russian, and I've tried each of the 'words' (sorry don't know their meanings, lol) but haven't been able to find any option that switches it to English, for myself it will be very difficult to follow any story if I can't read it. Let me know if there's an easy fix/sort for this, if not, good luck with it, and I can see about checking on a later update to see if I can find the English part
dfgdfgdfg.jpg

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Just click on the flag, simple as that.

035942.png

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just got done with the game, and damn.

Haven't tried Lazy_Monkey's previous game Monkey Business so this game is by first experience into his work, but I have to say there's so many things I like about this one.

- The whole storyline feels really deep; Val's narration of the history of the world really started drawing me in, and the art render which was accompanying that narration was really well done (almost like...... quite old school portrait sort of art? heh).

- Really love the inspiration the game seems to draw the inspirations from; political intrigues of GOT, racism, conflicts and Elven loyalties we see in books like LOTR, Witcher and other fantasy media.

- The whole "Who can MC trust?" question posed with characters being suspicious of each other and their motives really adds to the strong narrative.

- Cass has definitely soared as my favorite (just love the complexity of her character!), so in my playthrough, I made a lot of choices that resulted in her liking.
I'd have to say I quite like Alaina as well (actually glad I picked magic weaver as my perk, since that seems to result in more positive relationship with her).

Just couple of questions for Lazy Monkey;

1) Great that the game's giving a lot of meaningful choices, though if there's one question I wanted to ask - how do we keep track of player's progress of each LI in game?
For instance, each update seems to give indication of what the LI thinks of MC's actions in that segment, but doesn't really give indication of what the LI thinks of the MC

For e.g. with Elin for this second release, I have the following at the end of the update;

"After few Weeks together Elin had bad impression of me"
"Elin was very angry MC spent night alone with Cass."

Difficult to gauge whether this means I can recover relationship with Elin (if I want to make more pro-Cass choices in future updates) based on what's said.

2) Who are the confirmed main LIs for the game?
My guess is the following (though I could be wrong);

- Elin
- Cass
- Alaina
- Mom

Are there more main LIs to be introduced?
Not sure Val & Alessa will be main LIs, they do give more of impression of side LIs.

Characters like Rosa, Spring, Forest Nymph, Sona feels like one-off, though I do hope we can see them again in the future.
Particularly Sona. MC doing her chores (player choice), and her being impressed with him I felt was quite well done in building in his character, and I do hope there's some payoff regarding that sometime in the future.

Reactions: Gorse

Lazy_Monkey

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2021
Just got done with the game, and damn.

Haven't tried Lazy_Monkey's previous game Monkey Business so this game is by first experience into his work, but I have to say there's so many things I like about this one.

- The whole storyline feels really deep; Val's narration of the history of the world really started drawing me in, and the art render which was accompanying that narration was really well done (almost like...... quite old school portrait sort of art? heh).

- Really love the inspiration the game seems to draw the inspirations from; political intrigues of GOT, racism, conflicts and Elven loyalties we see in books like LOTR, Witcher and other fantasy media.

- The whole "Who can MC trust?" question posed with characters being suspicious of each other and their motives really adds to the strong narrative.

- Cass has definitely soared as my favorite (just love the complexity of her character!), so in my playthrough, I made a lot of choices that resulted in her liking.
I'd have to say I quite like Alaina as well (actually glad I picked magic weaver as my perk, since that seems to result in more positive relationship with her).

Just couple of questions for Lazy Monkey;

1) Great that the game's giving a lot of meaningful choices, though if there's one question I wanted to ask - how do we keep track of player's progress of each LI in game?
For instance, each update seems to give indication of what the LI thinks of MC's actions in that segment, but doesn't really give indication of what the LI thinks of the MC

For e.g. with Elin for this second release, I have the following at the end of the update;

"After few Weeks together Elin had bad impression of me"
"Elin was very angry MC spent night alone with Cass."

Difficult to gauge whether this means I can recover relationship with Elin (if I want to make more pro-Cass choices in future updates) based on what's said.

2) Who are the confirmed main LIs for the game?
My guess is the following (though I could be wrong);

- Elin
- Cass
- Alaina
- Mom

Are there more main LIs to be introduced?
Not sure Val & Alessa will be main LIs, they do give more of impression of side LIs.

Characters like Rosa, Spring, Forest Nymph, Sona feels like one-off, though I do hope we can see them again in the future.
Particularly Sona. MC doing her chores (player choice), and her being impressed with him I felt was quite well done in building in his character, and I do hope there's some payoff regarding that sometime in the future.
Hi, thank you so much for such a detailed feedback. I was very pleased to read it.
Answers:
1) Some relationships can be completely ruined only by certain actions. For example, such an action is present in version 0.2 with Val.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This does not mean that there will be no more content with this character, but certain routs become closed forever. So, in the example of Val, violence leaves a master-slave relationship possible, but closes the opportunity to become friends with this elf.

As for your example, of course the relationship with Elin can be restored. But upset or angry characters will react to you and your actions in a special way in the future, which may make it difficult to normalize relations with them. So if I fully answer your question - yes, all relationships can float in different directions, and only some special actions will permanently close/open some routs.

2) A few more characters, not previously presented, will be the main ones. I try to make the story as branched as possible, so that some minor characters will have more influence on you and show more content if you show interest in them.

P.S.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Particularly Sona. MC doing her chores (player choice), and her being impressed with him I felt was quite well done in building in his character, and I do hope there's some payoff regarding that sometime in the future. [/ISPOILER]
I suggest you choose "Bookworm" or "Warrior Spirit" and watch the scene with Sona again, if you like her do that, I believe you will miss content with her now and in the future, if you chose "Magic Weaver".

all relationships can float in different directions, and only some special actions will permanently close/open some routs.
What will the harem be like, can it be complete, with all of them, Mom, Cass, Elin, and maybe Spring? Or if I choose Cass as queen, will I lose content with Mother and Elin? I'm 90% sure that Alaina is Cass' Spy, or more likely, Cass is Alaina's Spy.
If it's to be a harem, I want them all!

And please adjust the load/save screen, it's horrible that I try to click on one of the page numbers, but end up clicking on one of the saves.
I made a lazy fix here for my use that was good enough:

Last edited:

Lazy_Monkey

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2021
I suggest you choose "Bookworm" or "Warrior Spirit" and watch the scene with Sona again, if you like her do that, I believe you will miss content with her now and in the future, if you chose "Magic Weaver".

What will the harem be like, can it be complete, with all of them, Mom, Cass, Elin, and maybe Spring? Or if I choose Cass as queen, will I lose content with Mother and Elin? I'm 90% sure that Alaina is Cass' Spy, or more likely, Cass is Alaina's Spy.

And please adjust the load/save screen, it's horrible that I try to click on one of the page numbers, but end up clicking on one of the saves.
THX!

Lazy_Monkey

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2021
Answer me about the harem. :LOL:

There is no WT mod yet, but I recommend using URM, choices matter here, think carefully before making your choices.
The harem will contain the characters you want, but since some characters are antagonistic to each other, adding them to the harem route together will sometimes involve violence towards one of them, not always physical ofc

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Considering that you chose a magic weaver, it is doubly surprising that you liked Sona. I don't know if you've played the prologue only with this perk, but if so, then you're definitely in for an interesting surprise.
I've only tried the Magic Weaver perk path, and despite that I liked Sona (even though there's no payoff in that path I suppose).
I'll try out Warrior Spirit perk path to see the new Sona content.

I mean, going by what you said about Sona with none Magic Weaver perk paths above, I kinda think complete harem may already be out of the question especially if Sona is considered a main LI (I said she feels more likely to be a one-off above, but if she appears in later Chapters and her status is upped to side-LI, still. If Magic Weaver severely restricts her route then I'd say Complete is probably out of question

And I get the feeling almost everyone is spy of someone at this point. :KEK:
I'm particularly suspicious of Ludwig though (even more than Cass or Alaina).
He seems to point fingers towards Alaina and Aker as being double agent (in his convo with Elin), and has that creepy ass smile when MC tells him about his encounter with the Forest Nymph.

Not to mention MC is just far too trusting of him thinking of him as a second father of sorts compared to Alaina and Aker whom he immediately slightly suspects could be a double agent.
When someone puts that much trust in ya, it becomes much easier to manipulate an betray.

This actually annoyed me a little bit cause it kept on telling me "Will you overwrite save" instead lol
By the way, what file did you edit from the game's folder?

Perhaps you can upload the fixed file as attachment (to use until Lazy Monkey provides fix in next update).

The harem will contain the characters you want, but since some characters are antagonistic to each other, adding them to the harem route together will sometimes involve violence towards one of them, not always physical ofc
Hmmm.......
Does that mean something along the lines of what you referred to regarding Val earlier?

For e.g.
If I continue with my Cass-centric path, then only way to add Elin to the harem is to either threaten her with MC's power (non violent way) as the heir and even rape her (violent, physical way)?

If that is the case, then meh. I think it's probably best (for me at least) to not pursue her at all.
Some people might enjoy such kink based on fear, threats and rape, but I'd rather build the relationship with the LIs with positive reinforcing relationship.
Even if it's not necessarily physical, relationship based on negative feelings is something I'm trying to stay away from in the games.

Makes me wonder if there will even be peaceful mediation with the hostility between the characters with the MC being the mediator of sorts.

Pursuing Cass already seems to result in hostile/angry Elin, and I'm guessing this could possibly result in same for Mom as well.
But I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Onetogo

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
This actually annoyed me a little bit cause it kept on telling me "Will you overwrite save" instead lol
By the way, what file did you edit from the game's folder?

Perhaps you can upload the fixed file as attachment (to use until Lazy Monkey provides fix in next update).
Sorry for not seeing your post before, the file I modified was screens.rpy, I'll attach it here for anyone who wants it.

4.70 star(s) 41 Votes