VN Ren'Py Imperial Chronicles [v0.4] [Lazy Monkey]

4.70 star(s) 41 Votes
Sep 6, 2021
I'm not going to leave a review this early, but this is a pretty good start. Really, all I know how to do is complain. My main complaint is that, while the writing itself is solid, the translation to English is often... poor. Often the grammar is incorrect, as even are the words themselves. That's tolerable, since I can understand what is meant. But sometimes I don't even understand what a character is saying, and that's a problem. I'm confident that it's just a translation problem, so I'm hopeful they can find a native English speaker to go over the script. That, combined with a couple bugfixes, and this would be looking like a 5 star game.

Reactions: Screamz

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
I'm not going to leave a review this early, but this is a pretty good start. Really, all I know how to do is complain. My main complaint is that, while the writing itself is solid, the translation to English is often... poor. Often the grammar is incorrect, as even are the words themselves. That's tolerable, since I can understand what is meant. But sometimes I don't even understand what a character is saying, and that's a problem. I'm confident that it's just a translation problem, so I'm hopeful they can find a native English speaker to go over the script. That, combined with a couple bugfixes, and this would be looking like a 5 star game.
If you think that Russian (original language) grammar is correct, then it's good you don't know Russian. I played in Russian and grammar mistakes made my eyes hurt.
Another thing that the grammar is the only disadvantage. Story is quite interesting and language per se is not bad.

SuperNovAA

Nov 24, 2019
Oooh .... Witcher like incest game! noice! I like this, keep workin', monkey bruh! :p(y) And, I really like the way the story unfolds, alternating between past and present perspectives, with choices from the past leading to the present and the future.

Last edited:

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Overall a great game! Definitely recommended. My only wish is that Dev does not attempt to remaster or remake this game. Just finish it with current graphics and later buy better computer. There are plenty of games with good graphics which plot simply sucks, and the plot is what matters here, easily the strongest point of this game.

EmoBot

Mar 9, 2022
Overall a great game! Definitely recommended. My only wish is that Dev does not attempt to remaster or remake this game. Just finish it with current graphics and later buy better computer. There are plenty of games with good graphics which plot simply sucks, and the plot is what matters here, easily the strongest point of this game.
Also, dev, please don't waste your time on animations - it's much better to have more still images from diifferent angles/poses

Reactions: ManifestDream

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Two bugs discovered:
  • when your sisters are kissing during the game at the house game says "i am in heaven cannot be found", some line/image name is off
  • at the end of chapter 3 game says "Cass is happy you for you not bowing to king" despite you bowing, some flag/text is off

Also, dev, please don't waste your time on animations - it's much better to have more still images from diifferent angles/poses
Or practice and become very good at it. The good thing with animations is that you can easily update them later unlike all the images of the game.

Also, this game needs a Master path/cheat that has all the options of scholar, magician, and warrior combined.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lazy_Monkey

connor1518

Apr 6, 2022
I much prefer animations for lewd scenes at the very least. Other scenes I think they're nice but not necessary. I don't play ones where lewd scenes aren't animated.

connor1518

Apr 6, 2022
I noticed at the beginning it describes Cass as the MC's half sister, then later it acts as if she is a friend, later still it outright calls her a step sister, then fluctuates again between friend and half sister.

Lazy_Monkey

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2021
I noticed at the beginning it describes Cass as the MC's half sister, then later it acts as if she is a friend, later still it outright calls her a step sister, then fluctuates again between friend and half sister.
'step' is a translation error, I will fix it for the next update. She's a half-sister .

ntohugo

Sep 14, 2022
Just finished the 0.3 and this is a great start.
My only issue is with the scenes that we miss depending on whether we choose Warrior or Magician.
A path to see both would be nice :)

movepoint

Apr 28, 2022
I also have finished v0.3 and have to tell you Lazy_Monkey this game is awesome. The story and the worldbuilding is fabulous. Keep making this game it really deserves the love.

As for some feedback:
  • when MC is having seizures sometimes this 'Red King' talks, did you meant 'Red Emperor' or they are two separate things?
  • when you bow to the king on the summary screen it still says he is offended due to not bowing
  • some grammatical errors here and there but I get the gist of it
Can't wait for the next update!

Reactions: jonsnow1989
May 31, 2020
This looks promising but why the hell were we not shown the beheading of that thief.?(i know most properly kept her alive because they want to bone her:ROFLMAO: )...don't need no indirect censor if you are going to give us an option to cut someone's head clean off... :Kappa: :illuminati: show us the good stuff as well.......:BootyTime: i probably sound like a psycho..:KEK::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: polar0id

movepoint

Apr 28, 2022
This looks promising but why the hell were we not shown the beheading of that thief.?(i know most properly kept her alive because they want to bone her:ROFLMAO: )...don't need no indirect censor if you are going to give us an option to cut someone's head clean off... :Kappa: :illuminati: show us the good stuff as well.......:BootyTime: i probably sound like a psycho..:KEK::ROFLMAO:
You do... but you are right, need to see that head fall off.
And now that we are on topic can we see the eye coming apart and out in the flashback please, also can we get a scene when we fuck the eyesocket of Cass. I think that would be very unique.

• Haha
Reactions: Lordmoses711high

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018
Great game and lots of girls to choose from. Is Cass his stepsister or half sister? I'd prefer half tbh since family comes first. Love all the family lol

4.70 star(s) 41 Votes