In a harem game, would you let a guy die to add two more girl to your harem?

Please read before voting

• Total voters

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
There is a problem with the question you are asking.
No, there is no problem with what I asked. I asked exaclty what you read. Just pick an option and vote.

It's funny how you talk about the things you can do with RL friends and you can't do with NPCs, as if any of the girls you'll romance were real...

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
No, there is no problem with what I asked. I asked exaclty what you read. Just pick an option and vote.

It's funny how you talk about the things you can do with RL friends and you can't do with NPCs, as if any of the girls you'll romance were real...
What Diconica probably means is that the things one can do with NPC friends falls so far short of what one can do with RL friends that it's not worth it. Whereas with NPC women you can often do more than with a RL woman. Of course fapping to an adult game also has it's downsides but it also has some advantages compared to RL, whereas the balance turns out different for NPC friends vs. RL friends.

That said, in games like Fallout I do appreciate NPC friend characters, because they offer real help with my missions as well as providing a lot of extra flavour dialogue. In such games, the dilemma you present is different than in an AVN. But I guess also there it depends on the women and the friend in question.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020

So defensive.

Take a writing class. I said there is a problem and there is. I don't give a shit if it hurts your feelings.

You provided to much information. Thus they can't answer the question accurately because they can't answer it in the same state they would if they were presented the choice in the game. They at this point know the girls will come to them. So some of these people will say they are going to let the person die simply for that fact. That according to your own statement is information they would not have playing the game.

What we don't have is the context we meet this guy under. Is he just a neighbor, selling something, someone we can simply spend time hanging with...

I did answer the question. There is no way you are going to put the effort in to waste time with a male NPC friend.

You are correct I can't do all the things I've done with my girldfriends or wife in RL in the game. But we can do the one thing these games are intended for fap. If it wasn't for that no one would tolerate these female characters either.
I'm also not into bro-mances.
Outside of that some writers manage to inject a bit of story and humor in the games. Some games its more about the game play or not having to think and relax.
In that I mean it lets me unwind and get my mind of the actual real world without doing any real thinking.

Back to the Question:
While you are moving boxes in to your new home a young man approaches with to smoking hot bunny girls one clinging to each hand. He asks can he give you a hand?
After you finished moving in he asks;

Potential Context:
a. Do you want to ditch the girls and go to the bar ~ start bromance
b. Hey I run this business I might have something you are interested in ~ It could benefit me to be friend him
c. I've got a bit of trouble and I don't want to end up dead and not be able to take care of these two ~ What you gave above
d. Let's be friends ~ What you meant to give above

The point is you are the writer. It is really up to you to direct the audience on a particular path by appealing to what they are looking for. The information you give them about the situation is going to determine if they think that is a good path to follow or not. You need to consider who your intended audience is.
This is precisely why games that try to appeal to to large of an audience wind up reading like shit in most cases.

Simply stating he has two hot girls is enough to make a number of men hope they can target him or steal them away in the future.
Some men are going to look for indicators in the game to see if it is true such as do you hint he abuses them or is mean to them.

What you wanted to know is would people befriend a male NPC for the sake of having a male friend. That's what it is when you remove all the information they aren't supposed to know and just ask the question.

On it's own it is a no.

But if the story is how to friends get into trouble and wind up meeting and hooking up with a crap-ton of girls. The answer is yes.
It could be yes if the story if it leads to a bunch of funny shit.

I'll stop here there are courses on this shit. Take one. Seriously.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
What Diconica probably means is that the things one can do with NPC friends falls so far short of what one can do with RL friends that it's not worth it. Whereas with NPC women you can often do more than with a RL woman. Of course fapping to an adult game also has it's downsides but it also has some advantages compared to RL, whereas the balance turns out different for NPC friends vs. RL friends.
I get what he said, but at the end of the day the only thing people can do with these women is jerk off in front of a screen, because if he wants to talk about RL vs in-game, then let's be real, that's the only thing he will get in this forum. If that doesn't fall so far short of what one can do with RL woman is simply because one never had a RL woman.

Take a writing class. I said there is a problem and there is. I don't give a shit if it hurts your feelings.

You provided to much information. Thus they can't answer the question accurately because they can't answer it in the same state they would if they were presented the choice in the game. They at this point know the girls will come to them. So some of these people will say they are going to let the person die simply for that fact. That according to your own statement is information they would not have playing the game.

What we don't have is the context we meet this guy under. Is he just a neighbor, selling something, someone we can simply spend time hanging with...

I did answer the question. There is no way you are going to put the effort in to waste time with a male NPC friend.
No, there is no problem with what I asked. I asked exaclty what you read. The question was "What would you do?". I wasn't asking people to "balance" my choice or how the plot could feel more rewarding for the player, I just wanted to ask people, with the amount of information I gave them, the question "What would you do?". That was it.

And surprisingly for you, the last 3-5 comments, and for me and what I thought before making this post, the most voted option were the "It depends" options with 57%. So there you have it, most people will actually think about it. You'll totally throw him under the truck without a second thought, and that's perfectly fine, but for most people the choice isn't "as easy" as you think it is.

Sep 3, 2017
No, killing a guy for a bigger harem just feels like a very shallow thing to do.
Of course if he actually did something then maybe I could justify it, but a dude who did absolutely nothing wrong? Nah.

Last edited:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I get what he said, but at the end of the day the only thing people can do with these women is jerk off in front of a screen, because if he wants to talk about RL vs in-game, then let's be real, that's the only thing he will get in this forum. If that doesn't fall so far short of what one can do with RL woman is simply because one never had a RL woman.

No, there is no problem with what I asked. I asked exaclty what you read. The question was "What would you do?". I wasn't asking people to "balance" my choice or how the plot could feel more rewarding for the player, I just wanted to ask people, with the amount of information I gave them, the question "What would you do?". That was it.

And surprisingly for you, the last 3-5 comments, and for me and what I thought before making this post, the most voted option were the "It depends" options with 57%. So there you have it, most people will actually think about it. You'll totally throw him under the truck without a second thought, and that's perfectly fine, but for most people the choice isn't "as easy" as you think it is.
You are incapable of accepting honest criticism and facts. There is nothing that can be done for you.
You don't even understand what was presented to you as an argument we can tell that by the response you gave.

It has jack shit to do with balance. Like I said go take a writing class.
I'll make one last attempt but I seriously doubt you will catch on.

Do you want to be friends with Jack.
Jack back stabs everyone who becomes friends with them. It's a sure way to get killed in game.
But you won't know this in game.

What do you think most people are going to answer? Hell fucking no I don't want to be friends with jack. The reason you gave away the reveal.

Jack protects all his friends and showers them with useful gifts.
But you won't know it in game.

What do you think most people are going to answer? Again the reveal is given away and most people in this case will answer sure I'll be friends with Jack.

If you become friends with Jack he lives and you get nothing for it but his friendship. If you don't he dies and you get his hot bunny babe friends.
But you won't know it in the game.

You gave away the reveal.
Most in this case are going not want to be friends with Jack when they can potentially get 2 more babes.

It is the same premise they ask to find out if Juror members have been following a case. There is a bias created by prior information that precludes them from making an unbiased answer.

This is just in the first two pages of response of people making the point he is nothing but an obstacle to the two other women.
I can go through the rest if need be there are more.

https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6802117
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6802150
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6802389
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6802441
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6803036
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6804650
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6804795
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6808255
https://f95zone.to/threads/in-a-har...wo-more-girl-to-your-harem.97682/post-6807926

deadremix

Jul 30, 2022
1. mc has opportunity to know the guy and become friends. as you said he's not a potential love rival for these 2 girls, so mc can potentially get those 2 girls in his harem.

2. mc could never meet the guy personally but those 2 girls will be introduced to him anyways. so doesn't really matter in my opinion as the dead guy is just a background story for the girls that will be introduced.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
You gave away the reveal.
Most in this case are going not want to be friends with Jack when they can potentially get 2 more babes.

It is the same premise they ask to find out if Juror members have been following a case. There is a bias created by prior information that precludes them from making an unbiased answer.

This is just in the first two pages of response of people making the point he is nothing but an obstacle to the two other women.
I can go through the rest if need be there are more.
Watch the date under my profile picture. I'm old here. I know you, I know your answers are always absurdly long, weird and usually they don't even stay on topic. I won't say "be thankfull I even bothered replaying you in the first place" because it'd be too much, but since you already said twice that you won't bother replaying anymore, at least do shut up.

Just two things, and after this I'll not bother again with you because I do think this is a waste of my time:
  1. Think about this: Every game always "gives away the reveal", because no matter what outcome you get, you can always check the comments or a guide here and know how to get the other outcome, and THAT is the moment you make the choice I was asking. I'm not asking for an "unbiased" answer. I'm just asking for an answer. Whatever they choose, for whatever reason they choose it, is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.
  2. Watch the poll, 57% of people don't think he is just "nothing but an obstacle" like you do. I know most comments tend to think he is, but not everyone who votes also writes a comment. Check any poll in F95 and you'll always find much more votes than comments, as simple as that.
1. mc has opportunity to know the guy and become friends. as you said he's not a potential love rival for these 2 girls, so mc can potentially get those 2 girls in his harem.

2. mc could never meet the guy personally but those 2 girls will be introduced to him anyways. so doesn't really matter in my opinion as the dead guy is just a background story for the girls that will be introduced.
No, the girls are "assigned" to the guys and there is no way to get the girls if he's alive. You're forced to meet him but you aren't forced to interact with him.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Watch the date under my profile picture. I'm old here. I know you, I know your answers are always absurdly long, weird and usually they don't even stay on topic. I won't say "be thankfull I even bothered replaying you in the first place" because it'd be too much, but since you already said twice that you won't bother replaying anymore, at least do shut up.

Just two things, and after this I'll not bother again with you because I do think this is a waste of my time:
  1. Think about this: Every game always "gives away the reveal", because no matter what outcome you get, you can always check the comments or a guide here and know how to get the other outcome, and THAT is the moment you make the choice I was asking. I'm not asking for an "unbiased" answer. I'm just asking for an answer. Whatever they choose, for whatever reason they choose it, is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.
  2. Watch the poll, 57% of people don't think he is just "nothing but an obstacle" like you do. I know most comments tend to think he is, but not everyone who votes also writes a comment. Check any poll in F95 and you'll always find much more votes than comments, as simple as that.

No, the girls are "assigned" to the guys and there is no way to get the girls if he's alive. You're forced to meet him but you aren't forced to interact with him.
ROFL.
Your poll means nothing.

You didn't follow the scientific process in administering it.
You poisoned the data that the person is supposed to respond to.
So it means nothing what so ever at all.

It isn't just that. The vast majority of users don't even respond to polls.
So what you got was a minor grouping of data that means nothing.

How a person can graduate high school and not understand this is beyond me.