Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
I think this game should have a mind control tag instead of corruption since the mc is basically brainwashing them bit by bit with his touch:rolleyes:.
It was literally explained pretty early in to the story that the MC's touch doesn't control anyone or brain wash them, it only lowers their inhibitions. He can't make them do anything against their will, so in a way his touch is basically like giving them a drink or two of alcohol and seeing what happens. It's still questionable and "unethical" (who plays these kinds of games to be ethical though?! you are literally playing as Satan's spawn...) but what people do when they are drunk is more often than not what they would like to do sober but need that "liquid courage"

It's a bit of a funny comparison but it's the best I could do. Basically, he is just enhancing their desires and lowering the threshold to the booty :p

Reactions: 46n2

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
i actually love when devs use actual real physics with shirt cleavge. its way sexier then whatever it is everyone else does where the shirt seems to stick to their skin.
View attachment 1623896 View attachment 1623897
The work being done with Ma is simply superlative. Ain't no lazy there in any manner at all (from the Dev's end). And not wasted on her either, brother - all that titty-tawdling around has my eyes on high alert, continuously. Perhaps more importantly, they support her personality in general and deftly enhance her soft touch throughout.

Real fine work there. Exceptional.

-I'm a big fan on the effort spent on Expressions here also. Not entirely cartoonish while often plenty amusing and affecting, (some are more subtle and work to great effect as well). Please do not abandon that approach.

Reactions: misfolk

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
I really enjoyed the MC being a comically pathetic, entitled and useless jerk. After so many creepy MCs trying to get into their landlady's and roommates' pants by scheming and/or being a nice guy he's a very refreshing subversion.

Reactions: Poison-Idea

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
View attachment 1638581

I'm planning to give myself the first 7-10 days after every release to work out the technical side of things. There's always some issue being exposed as you're working on a scene and this being the first release, there were plenty. This was compounded by Blender upgrading to 3.0, which brought with it an entire rewrite of their render engine and introducing bugs to existing addons. It's a great upgrade but there are things that needed to be readjusted on my end.

EPISODE 1 REFLECTION
It was a combination of relief and feeling vulnerable to finally release episode 1 after a year of work. Fortunately, the comments and reviews so far seem to be overwhelmingly positive, thank you.
I want to address some of the most common concerns I've read here, rather than responding individually.
MC is a twat: Yes, it's absolutely true. MC is an annoying self-centered idiot. My goal was to create a character that the average player will find annoying but only tolerate out of entertainment. Some liked MC, some hated him, but it seems like many just barely tolerated him as intended. It's impossible to hit this balance for all players but I think we got as close as we could.
He won't be unbearable forever. Despite this being a ridiculous comedy, one of the main writing goals for this project was meaningful character development.
Story doesn't make sense: I've seen it mentioned a few times that it doesn't make sense why the family would accept a stranger into their home. It's definitely a reflection of my inability to tell a story if I've failed to effectively deliver important information. I wanted to avoid the usual information/exposition dump at the start of the game and try to be less on-the-nose.
The goal is to have nothing come out of left-field. As the story develops, you should be able to replay the game and think "Oh! How did I not catch that the first time"? Episode 1 already has many future plot points sprinkled around that I hope will have massive payoff as the story matures.
Please continue leaving feedback, good or bad. The story is already written and I won't add or remove elements based on the feedback. I will however, reflect on how I deliver the story and adjust as best as I can moving forward.
Slow-burn: Nope, this won't be a slow-burn story. Although I do prefer tension/buildup and think this has a better payoff than jumping straight into it, this doesn't mean that we need 6 episodes just to shoop, baby!
Episode 1 already illustrates this with the contrast between Gloria's BJ and Selene's. The first being unmemorable and being nothing more than a means to an end (probably similar to how MC views her), yet Selene's was much more exciting with a better payoff.
My goal for the buildup is not from the sex itself but the situation surrounding it. Episode 1 had a lot of the content go towards setting up the groundwork of the story, which didn't leave much room for the naughty things without it looking absolutely forced. Episode 2 will have more ding-dong sing-alongs.

TECHNICAL STUFF
The most obvious one was the skin shader. I created the characters and made a custom skin shader early last year. It was my first time doing so and things looked great in the simple preview renders. Rendering episode one however, revealed that there were some serious issues. I had created the shader from scratch, building multiple nested nodes totaling around 20. Unfortunately this lead to some bugs I missed the first time around. It was by sheer stupid luck that it somehow all mostly worked, but there were still noticeable issues like Raya's eyes looking high AF and noisy renders due to issues with the SSS. This seems to all be fixed now but we'll know for sure while rendering episode 2.
There were other issues like with Raya's lips looking smeared and glitchy eyelashes. The eyelashes that come with Daz have some sort of transparency/SSS issue in Blender.
View attachment 1638582
I had worked around this by making the lashes from scratch using particle hair. This looked great last year but after having to transfer the character a dozen times in between software and addon updates, they ended up breaking. Rather than repeating this process, I've decided to go another route and so far it seems to look great.
View attachment 1638583
The most exciting part for me is probably the newly working FACS controller. Last year, Daz introduced a controller that, in simplified terms, let's you easily manually pose facial expressions. I didn't think this was possible for me to use but turns out the mastermind behind the Daz to Blender addon had already implemented this. It's a huge deal for me since I do all my poses and expressions from scratch rather than using a library. For episode 1, I manually posed every individual bone on the face which was difficult and took forever. from Daz if you're curious to see what I'm talking about.
View attachment 1638585
(The black dots on the right window was what I had to manually pose for ep. 1)

Lastly, I believe I found a better way to rig clothes than what I used for episode 1. The older method involved using a modifier that essentially copied body movements but was impossible to adjust afterwards without a very convoluted process. The new method seems to give similar results but also allows me to sculpt any changes on the fly.
Additionally, Blender has updated their obj export format to process much faster than before. This may make using Marvelous Designer for even minor cloth simulations much more attractive. I'm still experimenting with a workflow but the results over the last couple of days seems promising.

--------------------
Phew, that was a long update. I don't expect such long dev talks for a long time so you can relax.

Cheers!
Some objective thoughts, reflecting upon your comments/concerns/response above:

“MC is a twat”: I would agree with your assessment that you generally got as close as you could with his persona, given the vehicle (and enabler) he’s meant to be. And I do also see some growth there moving forward. Interactions with Raya should serve that well; handled nicely.

I would think you’re generally safe to continue on with your intent there. Wasn’t botched at all.

“Story makes no sense”: yup, that kinda breach is a bit much to swallow. But honestly, who gives a shit? Just enjoy the scenario now that yer in it. I would also agree that an early exposition dump beyond what’s there would simply bog it all down. In fact, falling into it right out of a tree very much matches the MC/protagonist persona in general so… it’s consistent with the overall flavor of the thing.

I also did note some potential foreshadowing within all that - and have since seen that proven true (at least in one regard). Wouldn't over-think it due to some response, mate. I think you’re fine going forward.

Slow-burn: the contrast between the introductory bj (Gloria) and the others was not lost on me. Again, no need to over-think it. Do not allow minimal criticism to interrupt the flow and arrangement you’ve already mapped out, eh. The pacing is pretty solid; given the approach of what surrounds it.

On the TECH end: Both the flesh/shader work (and lighting overall) as well as efforts spent on affecting Expressions are MOST DEFINITELY a notable high point of your offering. Superlative. Fantastic. Gonzo-good. Nearly puts a hole in my pants from artistic appreciation alone.

Hope the results from this project match the fine effort you put into it.

Rock on, brother!

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
SILVER LINING
Wife feels guilty for this misery so I was able to convince her to swap my office with a bedroom. The old office had no windows so it was pretty depressing being there all day. I've just setup my workstation again and Octane seems to have resolved my memory error so I can at least get back to doing some work now. All that's left to do for the renovation are the stairs, which is going to be a nightmare but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Aha! Ya see? All that shit had to fall together the "wrong" way... so you could ultimately gain a fuckin' window to contemplate thoughts through while yer working on the shit that really matters, mate!

There is order to the cosmos ; )

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Domiek Where did you get the inspiration for settlers of cotton? Catan is a personal fav and I almost lost my shit during that bit. I probably laughed a bit to hard... anyways-- keep up the jokes.
Played it with my wife and another married couple, things got really heated and I thought "wouldn't it be funny if...".

Also, it was a good way to foreshadow some things farther down the story.

"Wouldn't it be funny if..." Is pretty much the only thing going on in my head. Hell, I almost made a different game altogether, where it's fully incest focused but everyone involved is absolutely disgusted by it.

"Wouldn't it be funny if certain circumstances demanded incest takes place as a matter of life and death, but everyone's straight up throwing up from disgust while boinking their family members in the most depraved way possible?"

Someone please make Saw: Landlady edition.

Domiek You are loosing it big time m8 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BTW Bloody brilliant update
Every cat owner knows that there's a 50/50 chance for waking up to a hairy butthole in your face.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Played it with my wife and another married couple, things got really heated and I thought "wouldn't it be funny if...".

Also, it was a good way to foreshadow some things farther down the story.

"Wouldn't it be funny if..." Is pretty much the only thing going on in my head. Hell, I almost made a different game altogether, where it's fully incest focused but everyone involved is absolutely disgusted by it.

"Wouldn't it be funny if certain circumstances demanded incest takes place as a matter of life and death, but everyone's straight up throwing up from disgust while boinking their family members in the most depraved way possible?"

Someone please make Saw: Landlady edition.

Every cat owner knows that there's a 50/50 chance for waking up to a hairy butthole in your face.
You know which game REALLY needs to be made.....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: User1230 and Domiek

Exanadae

Dec 19, 2018
It's even more funny if you assume MC has no super secret incubus powers, his dad just dumped him in a house full of nymphos to raise his self-esteem.

4.70 star(s) 122 Votes