RPGM Incubus Quest 1.05 English Translation

White Bomber

May 30, 2019
this translation is not compatible with the official release.

they added new sprites and dialogues and animation battle texts & changed some of the cutscenes.

Last edited:

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
Supported the creator but I will wait for translation efforts to bear fruit! Has anyone tried using saves from the previous versions? I honestly dont mind playing the game over cuz its good!

BakersWam

May 28, 2017
It depends on what you are wanting to upload. If it is just the translation I think you can just do attach files. If its the game translated, you would need something like mega, google drive, nopy, anonfile, ect. The game is pretty big so I wouldn't suggest mega due to its limits.
Thanks I figured it out and deleted my post before I saw this lol.

Reactions: Thatoneguyyyyyyy

Zanar

Jun 29, 2018
I made an MTL if anyone is interested.
Lots of errors in that machine translation that cause the game to crash or spam you with missing files. Best thing to do is only machine translate menu, items , skills etc basic things. To negate the errors you would have to leave enemy names/events/calls/SV/voice to their default jap names, which would take a lot of sifting through maps.

Even with a basic translation it's really easy to navigate the game since areas are highlighted with " Main quest! "

Here's a basic items/menu/battle translation with no errors and a full save ( Save 1 in gallery )

Last edited:

BakersWam

May 28, 2017
Lots of errors in that machine translation that cause the game to crash or spam you with missing files. Best thing to do is only machine translate menu, items , skills etc basic things. To negate the errors you would have to leave enemy names/events/calls/SV/voice to their default jap names, which would take a lot of sifting through maps.

Even with a basic translation it's really easy to navigate the game since areas are highlighted with " Main quest! "

Here's a basic items/menu/battle translation with no errors and a full save ( Save 1 in gallery )
Thanks!

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Freezes for me, with the mtl tool I use, and freezes without it too on the castle fight with the succubus general with a sword, not sure if it's a bug, just something happening with me, or what's going on.

Last edited:

Fatal756

Apr 30, 2020
Freezes for me, with the mtl tool I use, and freezes without it too on the castle fight with the succubus general with a sword, not sure if it's a bug, just something happening with me, or what's going on.
You're playing the game with a locale emulator right?

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I made an MTL if anyone is interested.
A batch translated MTL won't work. You can make one, but you have to go slower and make sure you are not translating callbacks for animations.

You could probably also just merge my translation with a new hooking of the current version of the game, which would give you a mostly translated game. That will make things easier. I don't have a copy of the final game, so I can't do it myself.

I thought SweetRaspberry was going to release this with an English option already imbedded, or at least an English version. He has a translator now. Is that not accurate?

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
A batch translated MTL won't work. You can make one, but you have to go slower and make sure you are not translating callbacks for animations.

You could probably also just merge my translation with a new hooking of the current version of the game, which would give you a mostly translated game. That will make things easier. I don't have a copy of the final game, so I can't do it myself.

I thought SweetRaspberry was going to release this with an English option already imbedded, or at least an English version. He has a translator now. Is that not accurate?
As far as I can tell, there is nothing relating to other languages in any of the folders/files, and there isn't a language choice in the title screen options. Where would you look for the english stuff? I just read through their posts on ci-en and they mention that releasing in July was earlier than expected so some things were cut in the latter half of the game and bits of overall content - which they state they intend to add over time. It wasn't explicitly mentioned, but perhaps the translation was part of it?

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
As far as I can tell, there is nothing relating to other languages in any of the folders/files, and there isn't a language choice in the title screen options. Where would you look for the english stuff? I just read through their posts on ci-en and they mention that releasing in July was earlier than expected so some things were cut in the latter half of the game and bits of overall content - which they state they intend to add over time. It wasn't explicitly mentioned, but perhaps the translation was part of it?
Yeah you are probably right. I know that is there intention ultimately, but apparently it isn't implemented yet.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
You're playing the game with a locale emulator right?
Without actually, I'm using this tool:

I also use locale emulator at points, and I use bandizip that's using japanese unicode when I extract zip files so the files stay in japanese and not the weird characters we get when we extract to us systems.

But in this case, no not using locale emulator.

Fatal756

Apr 30, 2020
Without actually, I'm using this tool:

I also use locale emulator at points, and I use bandizip that's using japanese unicode when I extract zip files so the files stay in japanese and not the weird characters we get when we extract to us systems.

But in this case, no not using locale emulator.
I've been playing the game with that tool as well, I'm still going through the game so I can't sure what the problem might be, I'll make sure to see if the same thing happens to me when I get there.

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
The Dev said that he intends to make an English version of the game sometime after the release of the japanese version of the game in a November 2020 post on Ci-en.

"
"Incubus Quest English Version"
An English translation of the product version, which will be released after the product version is released.
I will not start this work until the development of Incubus Quest is completed, so
I think that this notation will be seen after the commercial version is released.

"

Don't expect this version to arrive anytime soon, it could be months before we see it. Especially since the dev is still sorting out bugs from the Japanese version of the game. At this point our best bet is probably a machine translation that carefully navigates the triggers for events.

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
why textractor no work in the last version of this game?, this happened to me already with Nasty fallen hero kallen too, now with incubus quest is the second game that dont work the translation with textractor and i have the last version public full update,my textractor work in others japanese games,i cant understan this...textractor dont tell me about any error or anything,it just not translate incubus quest last version and Nasty fallen hero kallen...

Reactions: Azure Sun