RPGM Incubus Quest 1.05 English Translation

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Is this patch still being worked on? It seems like there's just a bit left
Yeah, but oh so slowly. I did recently finish the scenes with Langerace and Siruetta, leaving jsut two more scenes and, like, 100 maps to finish. Finishing this is on my bucket list, I just don't know when I will suck it up and put in the hours it will take.

SpecialKoalaNacho

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah, but oh so slowly. I did recently finish the scenes with Langerace and Siruetta, leaving jsut two more scenes and, like, 100 maps to finish. Finishing this is on my bucket list, I just don't know when I will suck it up and put in the hours it will take.
Hey, not exactly an experienced translator but was looking to help finish the translation mind telling me what parts need translation?

Reactions: JonkoSlunko

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Hey, not exactly an experienced translator but was looking to help finish the translation mind telling me what parts need translation?
Ill do you one better and attach my .Trans file, so you can see for yourself exactly what needs to be translated still.

Mostly MAPs 250-330ish, some common events in the 5000s, some of the enemies category (in battle texts for enemeis), and the gallery.

Just be careful if you do translate things in common events. the first 400-500 entries seem to break some things if you translate them.

SpecialKoalaNacho

Jun 5, 2018
Jesus fucking christ, I finished up translating this after working on it all day today only for my dumbass to let it go down the drain because I forgot to save.....I only lost around 200 entries.. in the common events which honestly still hurts... Honestly mad respect for bahamut2195 don't know how you translated 99% of this because I'm tired as hell right now.

Civilincubus

Aug 23, 2018
Jesus fucking christ, I finished up translating this after working on it all day today only for my dumbass to let it go down the drain because I forgot to save.....I only lost around 200 entries.. in the common events which honestly still hurts... Honestly mad respect for bahamut2195 don't know how you translated 99% of this because I'm tired as hell right now.
Yeah, I had that same problem a number of times when doing qualitative research analysis using spreadsheets; it's so demoralizing to lose this kind of work. If you need a break that is okay, if you need a silver-lining to get back in the swing of it, maybe think of how it improves the recursive part since writing/interpretation can become more concise or colorful. Also, fortunately, second round translations seem to go a lot faster! Regardless of what you do, thank you for working on the translation, I really respect your work, and your personal transparency in the process!

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
It's a slog, for sure. Nothing worse than starting over. I had to redo the entire game from intro up to the second town once already, so I feel your pain.

kkiceninja

Aug 3, 2020
I hope with the added intrest/help with SpecialKoalaNacho that the translation of this game will be 100% done soon...ish.

No rush of course but I wish y'all the best of luck!

SpecialKoalaNacho

Jun 5, 2018
It took me a couple more days because it was the weekdays but it's finished, Yay! That being said I couldn't properly test whether the patch works or not because I translated only the latter end of the game and quite the small portion at that, But there should be no problems really. If there are any just tell me and I'll try to fix them. Once again big thanks to bahamut for letting us enjoy our degenerate hobbies.

edit : Just in case someone might need it I'll upload the trans file too.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
It took me a couple more days because it was the weekdays but it's finished, Yay! That being said I couldn't properly test whether the patch works or not because I translated only the latter end of the game and quite the small portion at that, But there should be no problems really. If there are any just tell me and I'll try to fix them. Once again big thanks to bahamut for letting us enjoy our degenerate hobbies.

Thank you so much for your work on this translation.

Fatalus

Jun 28, 2017

Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate all the hard work that goes into translating, but your files downgrade the game version to 1.0, sadly.

I have no idea how much 1.0 vs 1.0.5 differ, I'm just letting you guys know.

AHSDD

Feb 4, 2018
Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate all the hard work that goes into translating, but your files downgrade the game version to 1.0, sadly.

I was having difficulty triggering the slave events, so I closed the game and voila, opening it back up it just so happened to be v1.0.0 as well. Any ideas on why?

Rumm

Jul 17, 2018
Anyone else having this problem? It won't let me walk into the door, and there's nothing else on the floor, other than enemies. I cleared out the floor, tried to interact with everything, but I'm still stuck. I also found a similar door on the first floor and I can't enter that one as well. Are these doors bugged or something?
Also thank you all for work on the translation :).

SpecialKoalaNacho

Jun 5, 2018

I was having difficulty triggering the slave events, so I closed the game and voila, opening it back up it just so happened to be v1.0.0 as well. Any ideas on why?
I believe 1.0.5 is more stable compared to 1.0? Not 100% sure though. Didn't expect the patch to downgrade the game but I guess it makes sense in hindsight. I had to use a clean 1.0 version when I was exporting the patch so that's probably the reason. I'll upload a 1.0.5 patch later and it should probably "upgrade" the game back to 1.0.5.....probably?

Anyone else having this problem? It won't let me walk into the door, and there's nothing else on the floor, other than enemies. I cleared out the floor, tried to interact with everything, but I'm still stuck. I also found a similar door on the first floor and I can't enter that one as well. Are these doors bugged or something?
Also thank you all for work on the translation :).
Not sure if that's an issue with the patch or the general game. But try the usual stuff like loading back and applying the 1.0.5 patch. If none of that works then I'll look into it. (of course you'll need to wait till I upload the patch first)

Rumm

Jul 17, 2018
I believe 1.0.5 is more stable compared to 1.0? Not 100% sure though. Didn't expect the patch to downgrade the game but I guess it makes sense in hindsight. I had to use a clean 1.0 version when I was exporting the patch so that's probably the reason. I'll upload a 1.0.5 patch later and it should probably "upgrade" the game back to 1.0.5.....probably?

Not sure if that's an issue with the patch or the general game. But try the usual stuff like loading back and applying the 1.0.5 patch. If none of that works then I'll look into it. (of course you'll need to wait till I upload the patch first)
Ok so I tested it with just the 1.0.5 patch (The one I found in this thread, ) it did let me go into through door I was stuck on (I still couldn't go through that one door on the first floor, though I assume for plot reasons), but then when I closed the game, applied the translation you provided, and rebooted the game, It does downgrade the game and for some reason locks the room upstairs needed to progress. I hoped this helps in some way and thank you for replying :).