3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

swampystudio

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2024
I can only give my advice, and I'm only responsible for my rating, not the rating of the game. Lots of games are overrated, some are underrated, it is unfair, but well, what can I do ?
I have a personal scale, I don't rate the worst game, because I probably won't even download them and lose my time with them, so basicaly, it may seems unfair, but I'll only rate a game that looked attractive to me at first. 1 star if I don't plan to play it again, 2 stars if I may download it again after a few updates and fast forward into it to see if there's somethig interesting, 3 stars if I'll partially play the game, skipping some parts, and some characters that I dislike, 4 stars if several girls or route are appealing to me and 5 star if I plan to completely play it with all routes and characters.

As stated in my review, there are very problematic things in this one for me, the relation to the mother and sister to please patreon. It make the devs look greedy, lots of dev create a patreon even before the first release, they don't want to tell a good story, they want to earn money. This dev give the impression that for them, patreon is more important than the players and the story.
Then there's the forced sex scenes with the characters I dislike. I'm into petite girls, I like Pauline and Eula, but we are forced to Lily and Emily, in the first case it was changed, but there's still very intimate scene with her, in the later, it's a forced sex scene, the character is unaware it happened, but I am the player and the scene is shown to me and the dev could still give us the choice if it happened or not (or it happened, but it will only be told or shown after the player made decisions orienting to this character route, this way, players not interested in the character will never know it happened, as the MC). But in the end, I'm forced to characters that I find unattractive and that's a very bad point for something supposed to be arousing. And with two occurence, it will probably happen again, so I'm dropping it and probably won't come back to it, thus 1 star, sorry dev, nothing personal.
Alright! At least now I know and it's clear to me what mistakes I made in creating this game. Thanks for the feedback! Everyone has their own taste, and not all newbie developers can satisfy every player's needs with their first few releases. That's why feedback is so important, it helps developers know how to improve the game and satisfy players. If there's a way to block my game so you don't see it in the future, I suggest doing that to avoid disappointment if you see it updated. Anyway, thanks again, and I'm not mad. (y) :)

jonquilnatrix

Feb 27, 2024
Why does the MC repeatedly refer to his foster mom as Mrs. Grace? Isn't her last name Cruz? I mean even if it's the southern gentleman thing of putting the Mrs in front of first name like is going on with Emily/Lily, why Grace when the only choices of what we could call her besides Mrs Cruz were Gracelyn/Mrs. Gracelyn?

What the heck was with the call from the school telling the MC his application has just been approved? So are we supposed to believe that the MC actually moved to another city to attend a school before he was actually accepted to attend said school?!? I mean sure this is the same dumbass who thought it was a good idea to not only rush an armed gunman but thought it smart to yell out to the guy when he was still several yards away just to make sure the guy definitely had time to see him, gather his thoughts and shoot him... He also thought it was a good idea to crack a joke about the age of a woman he just met... But still, that seems like an entirely different level of insane, because if he's only being accepted now it means he must have applied super late so there was no guarantee they had an opening and he would be accepted (also he can't be that smart that there is no way they wouldn't want him since he was seemingly held back at least 2 years given that he's 20 and only just graduated high school...)

Is the screen meant to start fading to complete black when the first message about getting lost appears? It was totally black by the time it let me click to the last message?

Couple lines that jumped out as needing fixed:

"As Mrs. Cruz continues to embrace him, he contemplates whether he should talk to her [pr], Pauline."
Should either be "his [pr]" or else the word daughter instead of the variable for childhood friend.

"I wanna put my cock inside yours but fucking hell-"
Should be "inside you" or something similar that is not "inside yours". Otherwise it's potentially evoking a rather unpleasant mental image... I don't even think many futa fans would want to attempt that painful feat.

"Despite underestimating its weight, and after numerous attempts and considerable effort, he finally managed to get it into the trunk."
He's taking it "out of the trunk".

HELIO CESAR

May 30, 2018
Things that could improve:

Facial and body expressions. They are kinda stiff and unnatural, mainly when they make big wide mouths while talking.

The dialogue is very stiff, most of the time when characters are talking it seems like a kid show's narrator trying to convey pretty obvious moral lessons.

The gun scene is pretty stupid but honestly? i can live with it, it's a made up story anyway.

Ran into a bug when Emilly sent the blank message, when i closed her chat without replying, if i opened it again and replied, the game wouldn't detect that message was read and replied to. Maybe you could review the logic in this part.
And one of the girls profile changes to another girl when you hover over it.

The game is pretty amateurish at the moment, mainly in terms of writing, but i can really see the dev salvaging it if he/she tries.
Good luck and have fun making the game :)

Reactions: swampystudio

Dragan

Aug 1, 2017
im asking for help, why i cant pass this, i chec 1722265319839.png k the phone and nothing, what do i do? or is this a bug?

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Pretty sure there is a fix in the op. I didnt have this bug so I presumed the fix was added to the downloads I guess not? unless you downloaded it awhile back and didn't play till now.
I downloaded the patch but I still can't respond to ms emily.
1722291137464.png

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
How do I download this? When I click on what looks like a downloadable file it opens up instead and shows a bunch of code.

1722295388694.png

romeoz1

Apr 17, 2023
Hi, I'm stuck at the Video call part, i don't see any option to pick up the call, can someone help me out please..?

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017
Hi, I'm stuck at the Video call part, i don't see any option to pick up the call, can someone help me out please..?
Some waiting for assist please If your using the renpy transpareny y_outline.rpy. save at point delete it hopefully it will fix it Also the fix on the op

Last edited:

Osurankaya

Apr 1, 2023
Hey man! First of all, congratulations on your first project. I got into the game without any expectations and I really liked the story. The main character's naivety and reaction to events were very nice. The animations and drawings are also very good. I think it's pretty good for a first project. I hope you complete version 1.0 of the game. Good luck.

• Love

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
I downloaded the patch but I still can't respond to ms emily.
View attachment 3880770
Hi, I had the same issue with the sms not continuing the conversation or game progressing past the check phone message loop.

I extracted the game files and edited a file to bypass this dilemma, NOTE THIS IS NOT A OFFICIAL FIX, JUST A SIMPLE SCRIPT BYPASS. Yes, I tried to use the Devs "fixed script.rpa", it changed nothing. :(

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I PROMISE NOTHING, BUT IT GOT ME PAST THE LOOP AND ON TO THE END OF THE GAME SO FAR.

In the file: chap1.rpy

1. Find the line:
call chap1emilymessagTom1 from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1

- I added a # before the call.

2. Under the newly edited #call chap1emilymessagTom1 from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1

- I added a pass

3. The game continued past the blank sms loop block, to the bed scene, and to the end of the current game release content.

See the extra code for correct label block formatting.
Code:
label chap1emilymessagTom1:
    call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_12
    if notifcheckmes == 0 and emsreply > 0 :
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_13
        mct"I need to respond to his/her message."
    elif notifcheckmes>0:
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_14
        mct"I need to see who messaged me."
    else:
        call chap1emilymessagTom1after from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1after
    window hide
    $ renpy.pause()
    if emsreply == 0:
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_15
        call chap1emilymessagTom1after from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1after_1
    else:
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_16
        #call chap1emilymessagTom1 from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1
        pass
edit.jpg

Good luck.

Dev, good luck with the game, and I hope you'll find a "true fix" for the sms system going forward.

• Thinking Face

swampystudio

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2024

Changelog for v.0.3.0:
  • Change name has been changed from 7 characters to 12 characters.
  • MC's height increased by a few inches.
  • Reply button changed
  • Choices button has been changed
  • Adding more choices
  • Added 2 simple mini games.
  • Added 5 animations
  • 8 characters has been added
  • In the massage scene, Ms. Lily is mistakenly referred to as Ms. Emily (typo)
  • $ renpy.pause(#, hard=True) - I removed an estimate of 90% with (hard=True)
  • Added more music to background
  • Added (Nudify) Media Player (Access after a specific scene)
  • I deleted some of the narration like: "Tom smiled" and etc.
  • 8583 words added
Thank you for waiting! Here's the latest update of the game. You should be able to play for 20-30 minutes or more without skipping, and I recommend reading the dialogues and narration carefully. Please note that some music might not fit certain scenes, so feel free to let me know. If you find any errors, please message me right away. Thank you, and hopefully, you'll enjoy it!

I will release it to the public next weekend.

swampystudio

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2024
Hi, I had the same issue with the sms not continuing the conversation or game progressing past the check phone message loop.

I extracted the game files and edited a file to bypass this dilemma, NOTE THIS IS NOT A OFFICIAL FIX, JUST A SIMPLE SCRIPT BYPASS. Yes, I tried to use the Devs "fixed script.rpa", it changed nothing. :(

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I PROMISE NOTHING, BUT IT GOT ME PAST THE LOOP AND ON TO THE END OF THE GAME SO FAR.

In the file: chap1.rpy

1. Find the line:
call chap1emilymessagTom1 from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1

- I added a # before the call.

2. Under the newly edited #call chap1emilymessagTom1 from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1

- I added a pass

3. The game continued past the blank sms loop block, to the bed scene, and to the end of the current game release content.

See the extra code for correct label block formatting.
Code:
label chap1emilymessagTom1:
    call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_12
    if notifcheckmes == 0 and emsreply > 0 :
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_13
        mct"I need to respond to his/her message."
    elif notifcheckmes>0:
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_14
        mct"I need to see who messaged me."
    else:
        call chap1emilymessagTom1after from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1after
    window hide
    $ renpy.pause()
    if emsreply == 0:
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_15
        call chap1emilymessagTom1after from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1after_1
    else:
        call chatallnames from _call_chatallnames_16
        #call chap1emilymessagTom1 from _call_chap1emilymessagTom1
        pass
View attachment 3947344

Good luck.

Dev, good luck with the game, and I hope you'll find a "true fix" for the sms system going forward.
https://f95zone.to/threads/independent-horizons-v-0-2-0-swampystudio.204329/post-14367234 Here's my explanation about the issue. I believe that after you copied and pasted the fixed code, you didn't roll back the scene. It would be better to go back to the point before calling Ms. Daisy (the School Admin) for the best results.

Reactions: YaYa_UnTIN2

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/independent-horizons-v-0-2-0-swampystudio.204329/post-14367234 Here's my explanation about the issue. I believe that after you copied and pasted the fixed code, you didn't roll back the scene. It would be better to go back to the point before calling Ms. Daisy (the School Admin) for the best results.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and about the rollback, well, that didn't work after the official "fix" either, so, I'm glad to have completed the game so far, I just hope the next release loads my save. :)

Good luck with your game.

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes