VN Ren'Py Abandoned Inevitable Relations [v0.1b] [KinneyX23]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Any word on a updated release date? I'm hoping the silence just means Kinney is putting on the finishing touches, and I'll wake up and there'll be the update.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I'm just excited.

Reactions: farrah and Mormont

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Any word on a updated release date? I'm hoping the silence just means Kinney is putting on the finishing touches, and I'll wake up and there'll be the update.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I'm just excited.
Yeah well kind of.
I've decided after a talk with some people, that I'm going to rewrite and redesign the last two scenes. I know that this scene will be controversial and that a lot of people will probably not like it. But the truth is that this always was the original idea and the outcome is needed for the story to make sense.
That scene is nearly done though.

But to at least give you some kind of a treat I've also made the decision to make a X-Mas version of the IR-Prologue, which will be released on December 24th (/25th for some people).

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
That sounds a little concerning, hope it's nothing too extreme.
It's probably just that Eva turns out to canonically love Charlie, or Eva's dad suddenly shows up. I can't really imagine anything too upsetting happening, tbh. But hey, even if it does, I love a good plot twist so lay it on meh!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It's probably just that Eva turns out to canonically love Charlie, or Eva's dad suddenly shows up. I can't really imagine anything too upsetting happening, tbh. But hey, even if it does, I love a good plot twist so lay it on meh!
Could be anything, we don't really have a lot to go on apart from it being a controversial scene I like good plot twists as well just not those of the darker variety.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Unfortunately it will be one of the darker variety (also it's already a lot less dark than the initial idea was). But maybe I'm gonna add another route that's not as dark, but still explains the story in a decent way. I don't know however if I'm able to add that path to the update.

And just as a quick note, no it's not involving Eva (not directly at least) and no it's not about their dad suddenly showing up.

Reactions: Lillen B.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No idea why a romance story needs to go dark but it's not my thing so i'll wish the dev luck and bow out here.

Really enjoyed what I saw so far and it deserves far more success, just going in a direction that isn't for me. I see enough grim shit IRL, don't need it in my escapism too.

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
No idea why a romance story needs to go dark
It's not a typical romance story. This story is about issues as i see it. You can go through them and unite your family with love. Or you can embrace them and lead your family into depravation. In first case Beth is a normal woman. In second - has some mental issues. So its pretty dark setting.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
I know that this scene will be controversial and that a lot of people will probably not like it.
That sounds a little concerning, hope it's nothing too extreme.
Plot twist: The scene will reveal that Beth is in fact a murderously funny lunatic maniac and she will make you laugh to death with her unbelievably homicidal jokes. :oops:

Very controversially true story.

• Haha
Reactions: SlowDance

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
No idea why a romance story needs to go dark but it's not my thing so i'll wish the dev luck and bow out here.

Really enjoyed what I saw so far and it deserves far more success, just going in a direction that isn't for me. I see enough grim shit IRL, don't need it in my escapism too.
Well tbf the story was always gonna be at least somewhat dark, due to the setting. But there will be a path that's not as dark, but still reaches the same conclusion.

It's not a typical romance story. This story is about issues as i see it. You can go through them and unite your family with love. Or you can embrace them and lead your family into depravation. In first case Beth is a normal woman. In second - has some mental issues. So its pretty dark setting.
Also I've never said that this will be romance game. I've said it will have romance elements, but not that it's gonna be the integral part of IR.
Don't know how you came to the conclusion that Beth has mental issues though, because she doesn't. ;)

Plot twist: The scene will reveal that Beth is in fact a murderously funny lunatic maniac and she will make you laugh to death with her unbelievably homicidal jokes. :oops:

Very controversially true story.
Yeah ... no. ^^

• Haha
Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Don't know how you came to the conclusion that Beth has mental issues though, because she doesn't.
Mb i said it not correctly, because, you know, i don't know english at all. It's not like she's ill. But in some way Beth don't understand her affection toward her children. Sadly we know little about story still. So i can only speculate. And guess whose fault it was? :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KinneyX23

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Well tbf the story was always gonna be at least somewhat dark, due to the setting. But there will be a path that's not as dark, but still reaches the same conclusion.

Also I've never said that this will be romance game. I've said it will have romance elements, but not that it's gonna be the integral part of IR.
Don't know how you came to the conclusion that Beth has mental issues though, because she doesn't. ;)

Yeah ... no. ^^
Well, some of us would say "The darker, the better" :sneaky: :devilish:

Reactions: ibizadalton

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Not sure how many games you've played, but I can tell you that there are examples that are a lot shorter than this is. Also it might be helpful to know which version you played and which path you chose to play. The Beth path is a hell of a lot longer than the Eva path. ;)

Anyway, to give you all at least something to look forward to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
something to look forward to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Whayoa.. Is that a new Beth model?
On the one hand, I'd find it very hard to complain if it was. But on the other hand, I think it's pretty unique to have her actually be a middle aged woman. That honesty is refreshing in a space that's so choked with young, perfect models.

If that's Eva, I'd actually be kinda sad. I really like Eva as she is right now. But wutevz, I'll get used to it either way. Lookin good!

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes