GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Every now and then I get the urge to re pledge to this game because I really like the writing and the characters but then I remember how badly I disliked the actual gameplay. Latest version I've played was A26 so not sure how much has changed but from what I remember it just felt so grindy and repetitive, hitting the same scenes over and over again to raise or lower stats at such a slow rate. Also in my opinion having date locked scenes when the game uses a full year calendar is a real poor gameplay decision, if you play without cheating or just skipping ahead you'll probably just lose interest in the game before even getting to the scene and the tedium of getting to it will take away from the scene. If you ask me you should have a reduced calendar if you want to use date lock scenes (like 4 seasons, 30 days a season as an example).
The game is growing, and every build makes it a little less of a grind. It's still growing into the framework. Also, we're starting to add a few events that are meaningful enough that they will be able to adjust the stats more than a couple of points at a time.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying the writing and characters at least, and I strongly suspect that as the game grows your other complaints will wane.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I would gladly contribute if I could in the art department since I'm an artist but unfortunately, I have no experience in the lewd department. Maybe someday GateKeeper.
I always love seeing and sharing fanart. And if you have a gallery I could see and you can match the current art style in the game, I'm sure we could keep you busy with a bit of art if you're honestly interested in contributing?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
way too many rooms, this will lead to feature creep and is very confusing
There's a map of the mansion in the images folder. The whole place is treated like a hub with the entry hall at it's center. The goal when creating each region of the game was to ensure that every location was within three clicks of the hub center.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Do we have a hero out there;)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
How'd you use the laboratory in the A28 build?
We have no idea yet because we are on 26 build.
There should have been a book or something in side the room that tells what can be done or so it seems.

AgentKenji

May 14, 2017
We have no idea yet because we are on 26 build.
There should have been a book or something in side the room that tells what can be done or so it seems.

^ There a link to the A28 public build.

magus448

May 22, 2018
There is also a link to a28 public on a June 7 public post in the patreon page.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
A30 will go live later today (Watch for it 8-10 hours from the time of this post). I always try to have the last test build out a few days before a release so we have time to address any problems that might crop up in the meantime.

For the lab: We actually found a bug related to that in the last build that was making "Learning" impossible. That will be fixed in A30 so people can start using the lab and access the couple of scenes currently related to it. (We actually did a lot of code work for this coming build, and we found a couple of things like that which have been fixed.)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is live for those of you who are interested!

What's new in the latest Supporter Build?

A30
*Wrote and Added the first of Anna's dating content. Can trigger during the late afternoon in the hallways, ball room, or gym. 6.9k words of content.
* Wrote and Added a drinking function for Anna. Can be found during the 8pm and 9pm hours in the evening at any relationship level. Yes, you can get her drunk now. 9.8k words of content.
* In the background, the drinking function required a bunch of code. What this means is that we also have the code to support drinking content for all other characters as well (Intoxication levels, hangovers, the long drawn out process of sobering back up, . . . )
* Wrote and Added one scene for Anna in the mansion bathrooms for when she realizes she missed her period. .2k words of content.
* Wrote and Added one scene to most of Anna's favorite rooms where she tells you she is pregnant. 2.6k words of content.
* Wrote and Added one pregnancy related scene at high relationship levels starting at the third trimester. .7k words of content.
* Wrote and Added 20 small insert scenes related to pregnancy. .7k words of content.
* Wrote and Added a poolside function into the game. Can be accessed from the sidebar in the Pool location on the Mansion Grounds. Five smallish scenes at this point, one of them associated with Anna being pregnant.. 1.5k words of content.
* Wrote and added 86 small scenes in the form of mini-scenes that appear within larger scenes at the pool. 5.9k words of content between them. Written by LFN Park, Irish Major Tom, and myself.
* Added twenty two scenes in the form of mini-scenes that appear within larger scenes to the pool area. .9k words of content.
* Added eight small scenes related to Anna to the pool. One of these is related to her pregnancy content.
* Added eight small scenes related to Eve to the pool.
* Added seven small scenes related to Gaia to the pool.
* Added six small scenes related to Misaki to the pool.
* Added four small scenes related to Rey to the pool.
* Added three small scenes related to Maki to the pool.
* Added three small scenes related to Bubbles to the pool.
* Added eleven small scenes related to Mitsuko to the pool.
* Added two small scenes related to Mitsuko and Eve to the pool.
* Added nine small scenes related to Claire to the pool.
* Added one small scene related to Anna and Misaki to the pool.
* Added one small scene related to Anna and Eve to the pool.
* Added one small scene related to Eve and Claire to the pool.
* Added one small scene related to Eve and Mitsuko to the pool.
* Added three small scenes related to Eve and Bubbles to the pool.
* Added two small scenes related to Eve and Maki to the pool.
* Added one small scene related to Maki and Mitsuko to the pool.
* Added two small scenes related to Mully to the pool.
* Added three small generic scenes to the pool.
*Wrote and Added a new location to the East side of Pendleton. Daddy's Diner. At present there are a total of 6 small scenes that can play out in this location. .6k words of content.
* Added a new scene for Bubbles in the Ballroom during waking hours. 1.1k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added a new scene for Bubbles and Mitsuko in the Ballroom in the afternoon/evening. .7k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added a new branch to Submitted Anna Scene 8. .3k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added a new sauna scene involving both Anna and Mitsuko. Submitted Mitsuko and Anna Sauna Scene 1. 5.2k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene in the front yard for Rey. 1.9k words of content submitted by Ser Laz.
* Added a new scene in the stables for Rey. 1.5k words of content submitted by Ser Laz.
* Added a new scene for Anna to the study. 1.6k words of content submitted by evilgenius97.
* Added a new scene for Mitsuko to any room that can be mopped. .5k words of content submitted by evilgenius97.
* Added the option to turn fertility on and off in Anna, Eve, and Mitsuko's character information under "Assignments" Only Anna currently has pregnancy related content at the moment though.
* Unbroke all of Misaki's content. Had forgotten to set a switch that was preventing her content from playing.
* Unbroke one of Rey's scenes at the pool. Wasn't plugged in so it wasn't appearing.
* Major rebuild of the game's character code.
* Added pregnancy code. This includes birthing that takes into account both parents' physical characteristics. This code will also be adapted for healing, plant growth, weather, intoxication, . . . . anything that involves something that happens over time rather than being contained within a single scene or short set of scenes.
* Updated the Special Thanks area 7/03/19. If you think you belong on this list but your name isn't there, please let me know so I can get it fixed.

What's new in the latest Free Build?

A29
* Wrote and added a new scene for Misaki in the Master Bedroom during work hours. Available for all but very low relationship stats. Misaki Interactive Scene 8. 1.7k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene for Eve at middling or higher relationship in the kitchens during daylight hours. Eve Interactive Scene 21. 1.1k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene involving both Misaki and Mitsuko. Takes place in the evenings in the kitchens. 3.4k words of content. Sponsored by Matty.
* Wrote and added one new Missionary sex scene variant for Anna. Eve makes a guest appearance. .4k words of content.
* Wrote and added one small scene for Misaki and Mitsuko that takes place late in the evening in the Living Room. .3k words of content.
* Wrote and added two new Hide and Seek scenes for Eve to the game. .7k words of content between them.
* Wrote and added a new scene for Bubbles in the gym during waking hours. .5k words of content.
* Wrote and added five small scenes to Pendleton related to the Heritage Festival. .4k words of content.
* Five new small scenes added to Main Street in Pendleton.
* Three new small scenes in East Street in Pendleton.
* Three new small scenes in Mid Main in Pendleton.
* Three new small scenes in North Main in Pendleton.
* Three new small scenes in South Main in Pendleton.
* Three new small scenes in West Street in Pendleton.
* Added the Maki/Bubbles commentary to the third installment of the Wanton Cove Documentary. This appears when Maki and Bubbles are visiting and the scene plays out. .8k words of content.This is a collaborative effort between myself and LFN Park.
* Wrote and added the fourth and final installment in the Wanton Cove documentary series on the television. 2.3k words of content. This is a collaborative between myself and LFN Park.
* Added a new scene for Anna and Bubbles in the ball room during work hours. Submitted Anna Bubbles Ineractive 1. .5k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added a scene for Gaia to the forest late in the evening. Submitted Gaia 1. 4.4k words of content submitted by Asura.
* Added a scene for Rey at the pool during work hours. Submitted Rey Grounds 2. 1.4k words of content submitted by Ser Laz.
* Added a scene for Rey at the Kennels during work hours. Submitted Rey Grounds 3. 2.7k words of content submitted by Ser Laz.
* Added a scene for Rey in mist non-hallway locations in the mansion. Submitted Rey Mansion 3. 1.2k words of content submitted by Ser Laz.
* Added a scene for Rey in the N/S hallways in the mansion during work hours. Submitted Rey Mansion 4. 3.3k words of content submitted by Ser Laz.
* Added a scene for Rey to the Attic in the Mansion during waking hours. Submitted Rey Mansion 5. 3.4k words of content submitted by Ser Laz.
* Reworked some code in Rey's intro to hopefully catch the bug that's been hanging up the later scenes.
* Fixed a bit of incorrect code that was hanging up a couple of the Maki/Bubbles scenes.
* Added five new images to Wet Willy's Titty Trap and extended the hours it is open.
* Added three new images to West Street in Pendleton.
* Added one new image to Needle Point Tattoo and Piercing in Pendleton.
* Added one new image to Isawu Cumming's Occult Shop in Pendleton.
* Updated the Special Thanks area 6/07/19. If you think you belong on this list but your name isn't there, please let me know so I can get it fixed.

\

Join us on Discord!

\

We're now on SubscribeStar and Sponsus! With Patreon's rules concerning adult content constantly being tightened, we've been looking for additional ways to share our work with all of you! Now you have three choices for how to support, and the Public build is available for free through all three!

Links:
A30 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with early access):

A30 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A29a Public Build: (Free):

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Any chance we can get "pregnancy" added to the tag list for this game? Also, updating the art on the opening page would be nice as most of what's there is sample sketches from early in production.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Any chance we can get "pregnancy" added to the tag list for this game? Also, updating the art on the opening page would be nice as most of what's there is sample sketches from early in production.
Well do and done, pregnancy tag added.

Reactions: GateKeeper

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
One thing i would like to see is the wiki updated more. Some scenes are hard to find if you dont know the exact time and place.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
ok so i played a long time ago is the grind still horrendous? because it was REALLY bad made me stop playing fast

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes