GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Ok, so that is basically an event where I have to stay neutral toward Anna, I was specifically trying to stay away from the continuing uncle's practices route on this run and I ended up getting Anna to admit that she thinks she's in love with me. No, those are Anna's stats. Here's a screen shot to show exactly what I'm dealing with. View attachment 84479
Thanks for the image. Looks like I need to add Trust in front of that final number.

For the moment, the only way to trigger the scene is to have a bad relationship with Anna and a good one with Eve. I do however intend to write several parallel event chains that are not so restrictive so the progression can happen much more naturally (For example, Eventually you could have your first kiss with her in the bedroom, in the sauna, bathing room, living room, or a number of other places. You can only have one first kiss, but once the first kiss has been played out, then the next event in the chain could play out in any of those locations, and so forth.) It just takes time to add everything.

I'll wait until this game has enough updates to have an actual objective!
In that case, you may want to come check back in after a few more updates.

hahahah ayeeee :p
Yes, Patrons have say in which projects see the bulk of my work time. That said, don't feel obligated to support me if you don't want to. I always have a free version of my projects so everyone has a chance to play my games. ;)

Reactions: Balub

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ok, having gotten tired of the grind that I made even worse by moving Anna's stats in the wrong direction, I have now switched over to the A10 cheat build. I set each at least one setting beyond the listed requirement for the Eve seduction chain and I am still not getting it to trigger.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Ok, having gotten tired of the grind that I made even worse by moving Anna's stats in the wrong direction, I have now switched over to the A10 cheat build. I set each at least one setting beyond the listed requirement for the Eve seduction chain and I am still not getting it to trigger.
There are quite a few sleep events. What the game does is it looks at all of the events that can currently trigger, then it selects one of those at random. In this case you should have about a one in six chance of the scene appearing. It may take a few tries to trigger it as its not a scene that's intended to appear every night even if you qualify for it.

My big concern right now from the writing side of things is trying to get more interactive events into the game that are available at middling, or the full range of stat levels so that people just starting the game will have more going on as they try to shift their relationships in the desired directions. (Its something I should have done from the start, but I have a bad habit of writing fairly specific scenes sometimes) My goal is to get the game to a point where people don't have to feel like they are grinding stats so hard to progress, I want relationships to feel like they evolve naturally over time.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There are quite a few sleep events. What the game does is it looks at all of the events that can currently trigger, then it selects one of those at random. In this case you should have about a one in six chance of the scene appearing. It may take a few tries to trigger it as its not a scene that's intended to appear every night even if you qualify for it.

My big concern right now from the writing side of things is trying to get more interactive events into the game that are available at middling, or the full range of stat levels so that people just starting the game will have more going on as they try to shift their relationships in the desired directions. (Its something I should have done from the start, but I have a bad habit of writing fairly specific scenes sometimes) My goal is to get the game to a point where people don't have to feel like they are grinding stats so hard to progress, I want relationships to feel like they evolve naturally over time.
So, in other words and as usual in Twine based games, RNG hates me right now. I play a few others with much more content and the random generation there is insane. Ok, I'll just keep trying every 20-23 and fast forward using the rest commands in between.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Its human nature. Most people try to comfort others in the same way they have been comforted. Touching someone who has been physically mistreated often does more harm than good, but people do it anyway because they don't know any better.

I try to approach the character's options from a position of innocence. When presented with someone who is hurting, he has the option to try comforting her. In contrast, she comes from a world where showing any sign of resistance can result in terrible things happening to her, or worse, her sister. Even though hugging her frightens her, its still the kindest treatment she's had outside of her sister. She was expecting the same kind of treatment from you as she had received from your Great Uncle, but instead of your kindness comforting her, it leaves her largely confused and off balance. She's a chaotic jumble of hope, fear, and uncertainty.
While I agree that it's natural for people to try to comfort others in a way they themselves have been comforted, the actions following the hug seem a bit iffy. Like him touching her face can be played off as an "oops" moment and him hugging her can be seen as normal, but I don't know about wrapping your arm around her. Like I sure as hell don't wrap my hands around my friends or family when they sleep, regardless of whether or not they've cried, and I wouldn't think it would be appropriate if the recipient isn't a child. Then there's the half-smiling the next morning and trying to "paw" at where she was previously expecting her to still be there. Kinda ups the creep factor.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So, in other words and as usual in Twine based games, RNG hates me right now. I play a few others with much more content and the random generation there is insane. Ok, I'll just keep trying every 20-23 and fast forward using the rest commands in between.
Aint that how life is? Seems like its impossible to get something to come up what SHOULD appear all the time, other times it will be all you see.

I actually make pretty heavy use of randomized scenes in my projects. In my other project, Wanton Cove, I've got +20 randomized scenes of an ambient nature. For this game there are hundreds of ambient scenes spread across the rooms in the house. I've always felt that the randomized nature helps make things feel more natural once there's a good bit of content in place.

While I agree that it's natural for people to try to comfort others in a way they themselves have been comforted, the actions following the hug seem a bit iffy. Like him touching her face can be played off as an "oops" moment and him hugging her can be seen as normal, but I don't know about wrapping your arm around her. Like I sure as hell don't wrap my hands around my friends or family when they sleep, regardless of whether or not they've cried, and I wouldn't think it would be appropriate if the recipient isn't a child. Then there's the half-smiling the next morning and trying to "paw" at where she was previously expecting her to still be there. Kinda ups the creep factor.
I'll make a note to look over the scene in some detail when I have a bit of time. Might be I can word things better. Never hurts to take a look.

Now, off to get some beauty sleep, . . . . God knows I need it.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Ok, so that is basically an event where I have to stay neutral toward Anna, I was specifically trying to stay away from the continuing uncle's practices route on this run and I ended up getting Anna to admit that she thinks she's in love with me. No, those are Anna's stats. Here's a screen shot to show exactly what I'm dealing with. View attachment 84479
Quick question, where do I view the stats ... I can't find them anywhere.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Quick question, where do I view the stats ... I can't find them anywhere.
Which version of the game are you playing? If you're playing A9, then they aren't yet in the game. If you're playing A10, then all you need to do is summon the girl to your location and access their menu. The "About Anna" and "About Eve" options respectively will get you their information. Those options will appear in the same menu that allows you talk talk with them, punish them, or change their work/sleep/meal assignments.

Hope that helps!

PS: I should be rolling A11 out for Patrons some time this evening, at that time A10 will become the new public version. Watch for the update 8-10 hours from the time of this post.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
First, I'd like to begin by saying that anyone new to the game should try the Free version of the game first. Then if you like it, consider showing a little support if you're able.

Got a new build of Inheritance ready to go. Quite a bit of new content to explore in A11, and almost all of it is related to Anna. The goal this build was to present some new content that is available at starting stat ranges for Anna to make some of the existing content a little easier to reach. Hope you all enjoy the new content!

If you enjoy the game, and you'd like to see more, the early access version of the game is available at a small pledge. The early access build always becomes the new Free version when a new build comes out.

Of maybe you'd like an unfair advantage manipulating the girls? If so, consider upgrading to the Cheat build which will give you access to a Cheat Menu in the settings that will allow you to adjust the girls' stats at will.

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate. With all the legal unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you don't know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.

What do you do with them? Do you follow in your Great Uncle's footsteps and use them for your own pleasure? Do you treat them like servants? Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might blossom into something more, . . ."

What's new in the new build?

A11:

-Fixed a broken image in the intro.

-Fixed several spelling, grammar, and spacing issues in the game.

-Wrote and coded a 5k word scene for Anna that can happen in most any room in the mansion that has a window during work hours.

-Wrote and coded a 1.1k word scene for Anna that takes place in the gym in the evenings.

-Wrote and coded a 2.4k word scene that takes place during bed time with Anna that only triggers at very positive relationship values.

-Wrote and coded a .3k word scene for Anna what can appear in any of the guest rooms in the mansion during work hours.

-Wrote .3k words of content for the next Diary entry related to Anna and Eve.

-Wrote .7k words of content in the form of a new Personal Conversation with Anna.

-Added time progression to a bunch of stuff that was missing it.

-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are

pledged at appropriate levels. Last updated 4/4/18

What's new in the free version?

A10:
-Added new interactive scene for Anna.

-Added new interactive scene for Eve.

-Added to Eve's Seduction path in the form of extending Eve's master bedroom scene.

-Added a new option to NPCs that allow you to see their character stats (Eventually this will
be modified to use descriptive text and have the option to switch between descriptive and
number display.)

-Added a mansion Schedule to the sidebar so you can see the mansion routine as well as locate girls easier.

-Added new sleep scenes for when you wake up with Anna.

-Added new conversation for Eve.

-Added Anna handjob branch in sauna related to the winning contest entry from February.

-Fixed a bunch of old code that was hanging up many of the conversation scenes.

-Fixed some old code that was hanging up some of the Anne bed time content.

-Fixed some old code that was hanging up one of the bathing room events.

-Added five new images to the game.

-Resized some obnoxiously large images.

-Fixed a host of spelling errors.

-Fixed several small bugs.

-And I worked on enough stuff this build that odds are pretty good that I forgot a couple of
small items as well.

-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels. Last updated 3/20/18

\

Patreon Links:
A11 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with early access):

A11 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A10b Public Build: (Free):

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Something's broken, will post an update when I figure out what. Sorry. Free Version works.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
After last night's bungled release of Inheritance, I've got some updated links to working versions of the game. Sorry about the delay:

Patreon Links:
A11 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with early access):

A11 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A10b Public Build: (Free):

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Can the wait option be used to try to trigger events that are in your current location without moving to adjacent room and back over and over?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
what level of affection should they have for the events?
There should be events available at any affection range..

Can the wait option be used to try to trigger events that are in your current location without moving to adjacent room and back over and over?
Not yet. The wait option will forward time, but scenes are written to trigger as you enter a new location.

Jayjayj

Aug 15, 2017
In the schedule and the "about" tabs it always show the girls in the Entry Hall and never changes.

EDIT: or rather their location gets locked on wherever you happen to summon them and doesn't change from there unless of course you summon them to a different room.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
In the schedule and the "about" tabs it always show the girls in the Entry Hall and never changes.

EDIT: or rather their location gets locked on wherever you happen to summon them and doesn't change from there unless of course you summon them to a different room.
The reason for this is that the NPC movement is still being worked on. The girls can only move right now if you move them. This will hopefully change soon. When this changes, the girls will move about their assigned areas doing chores (Assigned to cleaning, they'll move from room to room, cleaning a room then moving on to the next, etc) Or when they aren't working, they'll appear in the kinds of places they like best. For the two current girls, that will be the lounge, living room, or other "social" rooms. Future girls will gravitate toward other places. ;)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I've assigned both girls to sleep in the master bedroom, but I get this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you very much for the report. That should be enough for me to hopefully find the source of the problem. I'll try to get it fixed before the next build (Should be an easy fix from what I'm seeing in your report. Will probably have time to look into it in a little while.)

D

Deleted member 51206

I tried playing this, and i really wanted to like it. I like the premises and the intro. but after that, the only point is wander the house and look for eve for points and have repeating sex with the older one?

Reactions: WatchMeDrive
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes